Crime Faction, how does it work?

Queen Bee

So I want to alter how the game treats murders, separate from all other crime. Do I need to make a custom crime faction for this, or do I need to edit the existing crime factions? And do I need to do it for each hold's crime faction separately, or can I plug something in that affects all factions at once while still keeping murders in each hold separate?

I'm pretty sure each hold is different as you can have guards attacking at white run but other places will not attack unless they are also part of the same hold like with riverwood. I'm guessing something like this would require make some type of script for each hold that activates when the criteria is met.

So I want to alter how the game treats murders, separate from all other crime. Do I need to make a custom crime faction for this, or do I need to edit the existing crime factions? And do I need to do it for each hold's crime faction separately, or can I plug something in that affects all factions at once while still keeping murders in each hold separate?

Crime in Skyrim divided to violent or non-violent by default. Take a look at this.

I didn't dig deep into StoryManager, but if you want to change default Skyrim behavior anyway, you'll need to check all StoryManager entries related to kill or something like events, and maybe even deeper - to scan all source scripts to catch OnHit, OnDeath, OnDying events.

Crime in Skyrim divided to violent or non-violent by default. Take a look at this.

I didn't dig deep into StoryManager, but if you want to change default Skyrim behavior anyway, you'll need to check all StoryManager entries related to kill or something like events, and maybe even deeper - to scan all source scripts to catch OnHit, OnDeath, OnDying events.

I can't just go into the crime faction and check the box marked 'murder', and then have my custom script follow that?

I can't just go into the crime faction and check the box marked 'murder', and then have my custom script follow that?

You can't:

From Skyrim humor - even rabbit can add you bounty...

Deeper - need to look deeper,

ADDED:

There is no functions: who add, for what reason and go on...

You can't:

From Skyrim humor - even rabbit can add you bounty...

Deeper - need to look deeper,

ADDED:

There is no functions: who add, for what reason and go on...

Bleh. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought, and I already thought it was going to be hard.

I remember having bounty hunters set on me I attacked and killed them looked at the letter they had on them. I was like how the hell does a ghost who has no money who is dead and is usually attacked on sight able to put a bounty on me.

Yeah, vanilla Skyrim is weird about crime. But I've seen other mods retool the arrest conditions, so I know it can be done. I'm just starting to think this is beyond the abilities of a first timer. I'm just scratching the surface and already I fear I'm in over my head.

I remember having bounty hunters set on me I attacked and killed them looked at the letter they had on them. I was like how the hell does a ghost who has no money who is dead and is usually attacked on sight able to put a bounty on me.

Yeah, vanilla Skyrim is weird about crime. But I've seen other mods retool the arrest conditions, so I know it can be done. I'm just starting to think this is beyond the abilities of a first timer. I'm just scratching the surface and already I fear I'm in over my head.

Not exactly that mods change default behavior. Just with, for example, OnKill event, read old crimes (both violent, non-violent) and add to it own.

Arrest - just overwrite default guards dialogue topic with yours conditions and do what you want. It seems best solution. But may cause conflicts with default quests.

Kind Regards/

Archived