• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, unspunreality said:

So question. I was using real images and Iw as wondering why do they come out in game with like stupid amounts of bloom? Like super saturated and colorful. No clue why, in gimp the pictures look normal but ingame its terrible.

do u use enb? if so, enb applys its effect to these images

12 minutes ago, Higurashika said:

do u use enb? if so, enb applys its effect to these images

Nope! No enbs or anything of the sort, I checked for that originally by googling bloom in loading screens. And normal screenshots are fine. Like the iLuv mod shows screenshots for me perfectly, I was using it originally in fact. But as soon as I try real life images they suddenly become bloomy messes and I dunno if its cause real images just dont show well? But Ive used a book mod to test how RL images look ingame atleast and those came out fine. Its just these loading screens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 3:37 PM, Herrmannesque said:

I just can't get this to work for me... I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I know Powershell is installed because I've run the executable. Whenever I try to run the *bat file for this mod, it just gets stuck. I've tried clicking inside the window and typing but that doesn't do anything and I have to close the command prompt. If I try to run the *.ps1 file with Powershell, it closes almost immediately. I can see the red text people have mentioned in previous posts and screenshots.

My Steam folder is not in my Program Files folder. It's on a seperate drive.

Glev, do you have any other suggestions I can try?  I've tried downloading the ini you shared above and replacing but the same thing keeps happening. Either the bat script freezes or Powershell won't stay open.

Update: As a follow up to this, I tried moving my images into the imagefileshere folder and ran the batch file again and the script started running properly. I was told this is the default folder for images and do I want to select a different folder? For the sake of convenience, I just chose to use the default folder and then it started converting my bmps to dds files.

After this, I tried to load the profile and got an error message related to PowerShell. I'm attaching a screenshot.

This is the correct path for my game files so I'm puzzled about why PowerShell isn't doing what it needs to do.

Reveal hidden contents

Load Screen Maker error.jpg

Sorry for the VERY long delay on this.  If you are still having issues launch the batch file and go to the debug menu and send a screenshot of that.  My guess is you have powershell v2 still, I tested and it worked fine with v2 but powershell v2 just sucks in my experience and has inconsistent issues.  If your not on powershell v5 I would update powershell to that version reboot and try the script again.  The download link for powershell v5 can be downloaded from Microsoft if you just google it (I also may have linked to it in the mod description).

On 2/27/2018 at 10:26 PM, Thyken said:

mega link machine broke

On 3/16/2018 at 12:19 AM, vane000 said:

The link in the download section for some pre made screens isn't working. Does someone have the down;pad?

The link should be fixed now :smile:

On 3/7/2018 at 9:19 PM, unspunreality said:

Nope! No enbs or anything of the sort, I checked for that originally by googling bloom in loading screens. And normal screenshots are fine. Like the iLuv mod shows screenshots for me perfectly, I was using it originally in fact. But as soon as I try real life images they suddenly become bloomy messes and I dunno if its cause real images just dont show well? But Ive used a book mod to test how RL images look ingame atleast and those came out fine. Its just these loading screens.

My initial thought was also ENB settings but if you don't have ENB and its not happening with the iLuv mod it's not that.  My guess is its how the images are getting converted into DDS files.  If you look at the actual DDS files located in 'Data\Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer' and either view them in file explorer or a DDS viewing program do they also come out with high bloom?

It also maybe a good idea to turn off compression in the settings in the mod and re-convert the images to loading screens and see if that helps.  I use a program called imagemagick to programmatically convert all the images for the mod and I do notice a large quality difference between compressed and uncompressed files that imagemagick creates.  Just a note tho, uncompressed DDS files are REALLY freaking large, so make sure you got some HDD space.

On 3/27/2018 at 5:56 PM, AnonAngelion said:

What shoes is the character in the 18th image wearing? the lace high heels? I think I have the lace underwear but never knew their were lace shoes, they look really sexy. ;)

Really great mod idea by the way, I'm about to try it, sounds awesome. :smile:

Unfortunately I'm not sure, sorry

On 3/31/2018 at 5:26 AM, Merrydead said:

I have a question: how can I make the load screens, which I did by myself, and the ones from iLuvLoading to appear together( I mean to make them both to have a chance to appear, because so far only the iLuvLoading screens appear)

Did you run the script Data\Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\MakeLoadingScreens.bat and do you have GlevLoadScreens.esp in your load order?  If you do then they should be loading with iLuvLoading.

Now I myself haven't tested that iLuvLoading works with GlevLoadScreens when I last looked at the code for that mod they should be compatible.  If it turns out you do have GlevLoadScreens.esp in your load order and you're still ONLY seeing the iLuvLoading Screens you could actually still mesh them together.  To do this you would take the Texture Files from iLuvLoading, they are probably located in something like Data\Textures\iLuvLoading and copy all those texture dds files a new LoadScreen profile.  To do that create a folder in the LoadScreen Profile section called 'iLuvLoading' (default location of the Profile Section is Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\profiles) and paste the texure files for iLuvLoading in there.  Now you can launch the script and load in the 'iLuvLoading' Profile along with any other profiles you've made.  If you do it this way make sure to uninstall iLuvLoading mod after copying the textures from it.

On 05.04.2018 at 5:13 AM, Glev said:

Did you run the script Data\Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\MakeLoadingScreens.bat and do you have GlevLoadScreens.esp in your load order?  If you do then they should be loading with iLuvLoading.

Now I myself haven't tested that iLuvLoading works with GlevLoadScreens when I last looked at the code for that mod they should be compatible.  If it turns out you do have GlevLoadScreens.esp in your load order and you're still ONLY seeing the iLuvLoading Screens you could actually still mesh them together.  To do this you would take the Texture Files from iLuvLoading, they are probably located in something like Data\Textures\iLuvLoading and copy all those texture dds files a new LoadScreen profile.  To do that create a folder in the LoadScreen Profile section called 'iLuvLoading' (default location of the Profile Section is Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\profiles) and paste the texure files for iLuvLoading in there.  Now you can launch the script and load in the 'iLuvLoading' Profile along with any other profiles you've made.  If you do it this way make sure to uninstall iLuvLoading mod after copying the textures from it.

Thanks, I will make so 

Is there any way of lowering the brightness on only the loadscreens? I'm finding that a lot of my pictures are being shown much brighter than they actually are in my gallery.

There's definitely something causing the brightness change in the loadscreens only cos when the game is about to finish loading, for half a second the picture goes to normal brightness like it would be displayed in my gallery, but while it loads it's super bright, my gamma settings are standard in skyrimprefs.ini, 1.0000, I think that is what it says, that's off the top of my head, I've never changed them anyway.

Is it the background mist that causes it?

On 4/7/2018 at 6:34 AM, AnonAngelion said:

Is there any way of lowering the brightness on only the loadscreens? I'm finding that a lot of my pictures are being shown much brighter than they actually are in my gallery.

There's definitely something causing the brightness change in the loadscreens only cos when the game is about to finish loading, for half a second the picture goes to normal brightness like it would be displayed in my gallery, but while it loads it's super bright, my gamma settings are standard in skyrimprefs.ini, 1.0000, I think that is what it says, that's off the top of my head, I've never changed them anyway.

Is it the background mist that causes it?

Its either the mist which can be removed with a mod I linked in the description of my mod, or its because of your ENB.  Mine is also a little brighter for the reason that I use an ENB.  I currently have no idea of how to stop it from happening though :frown:

Id give the mist removal a try and see if that helps, it's safe to install/uninstall at any time during your playthrough

6 hours ago, Glev said:

Its either the mist which can be removed with a mod I linked in the description of my mod, or its because of your ENB.  Mine is also a little brighter for the reason that I use an ENB.  I currently have no idea of how to stop it from happening though :frown:

Id give the mist removal a try and see if that helps, it's safe to install/uninstall at any time during your playthrough

Ok thank you, I will try the mist remover.

I don't use ENB but I do use vivid weathers which alters the games color scheme to be a bit more vibrant, can't imagine it effecting the loadscreens tho, it's not technically an ENB, but I dunno. :confused: 

16 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Ok thank you, I will try the mist remover.

I don't use ENB but I do use vivid weathers which alters the games color scheme to be a bit more vibrant, can't imagine it effecting the loadscreens tho, it's not technically an ENB, but I dunno. :confused: 

Hmmmm, I also use vivid weathers, maybe that's the culprit then?

15 hours ago, Glev said:

Hmmmm, I also use vivid weathers, maybe that's the culprit then?

Now that I think about it, it may be, it basically makes the color palette of skyrims atmosphere more "Warm" looking instead of the Vanilla cold, stony, pastey look, I installed the mist remover and it helped a lot, I can now see my loadscreens without being blinded, but they're still a bit brighter than they should be, But in anycase, it's tolerable now so my thanks for the tip. ;)