[WIP] Living Armor

Ubercharge

• 7 months later...

Hey, only just found this thread but your work is really great. I love seeing these WIP threads and I think they contribute a lot to the community. I hope this project succeeds, and even if not I hope you do more WIP threads like this one.

Also, I can do retopo, UV mapping, and texture baking if your passion is only for sculpting, and if getting the boring work done is holding the project back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 13.2.2016 at 11:49 PM, Halstrom said:

One of my prime requisites for living armor is that it is a growing thing, the longer you wear it the more of it there is and better protection and harder to remove it, but the bad side probably is an increasing negative charisma buff as others will see you as a plague carrier.

You will need an open crotch version too as despite the plague status some supermutant, creature or raiderscum is going to still fk the wearer regardless and the parasite may allow that. When it is mature tt may even grow a futa protrusion to infect other females :classic_smile:

That sounds... wow. I really want that now.

-Aki

On 10/02/2016 at 11:59 PM, Ubercharge said:

I decided to level up my sculpting skills and create LIVING ARMOR for fallout 4.

Today I have drawn concept art, and sculpting will start soon, I will throw some screenshots how progress goes.

If it is accepted for Subject #130 mod, I will even animate it.

I hope you like my design.

tentacle.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dunno, just having 'living' armor isn't quite doing it for me unless there's tangible trade-offs. Think of it like PA.

You need to keep PA fueled and maintained.

In the past, like with NV, a parasitism mod basically made your character moan or grunt every once in a while and dial up arousal.

I don't think that's enough to sell it for me.

I liked estrus chaurus because, well aside from the egg laying fetish, you got perks for accepting it, but you also got a dependency, that dependency was poorly executed in that it would essentially result in you just occasionally lie on the ground for 20 minutes pumping out an egg at a time until you had like 30, and then you didn't have to do anything with the eggs. There was no need to stow them anywhere, or you could just craft them into potions/eat them. It became an unskippable timesink with no other real change to the way you play.

I think what you need to do here is give the armor needs that must be met periodically, a sort of life-cycle if you will.

For instance, it looks fairly aquatic, so maybe the organism occasionally compels you to go defile a mirelurk clutch in some way.

Maybe the armor impregnates the wearer periodically which requires you to shift your playstyle, unless the wearer is able to offload that burden onto someone else. (Perhaps the creature is smart enough to recognize that a static settler is generally a safer host for offspring than the player or their companions.)

I dunno, I have a million ideas on how this COULD work, and I know you're not there yet.

All in all, it looks good, great even, I'm just worried the function won't be any better than cosmetic.

I see this kinda stuff and it makes me think of two major things, Kerrigan and her metamorphosis into the Queen of Blades, and maneuvering some sort of mutually beneficial symbiosis that increases in complexity over time, but offers better and better benefits at each stage with some sort of less-than-strictly defined cost of maintenance. Catch my drift?

Oh wait, this living armor mod is now dead armor mod.

just you wait until I get a decent setup and learn how to model armours, this damn site is gonna be filled with shit I produce from the lewdest chambers of my mind... (est about a year from now I'll be set for mass producing shit after saving up 2k euro and after graduating uni)

Archived