Camera is attached to my horse!

Funnybizness

Ok so I have just started getting this bug/glitch where I load my save and when it loads I am in the point of view of my horse. I can move my character  but I am looking at him through the horse's point of view. I always have to go back to a save where it wasn't bugged but after 12 times of having to do the same quest over and over again bc of having to load a save before this camera bug started I have decided to ask if anyone knows about this bug. Thanks in advanced! :blush:

P.S. I know about using the "TC" console command and it does help get the camera back on my character but everytime I load a save I will always have to use that console command and I just want to fix it. Thanks again.

dunno if it really fixes it sounds weird for me, but trying dosent hurt I guess:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/141531/how-do-i-fix-the-glitch-where-i-am-stuck-in-horse-perspective

Easy fix: fast travel into a town horses can't enter like Whiterun.

Just had this issue and that's how I fixed it.

Have you any camera changing mods? for example joy of perspective or any other? (give us a loadorder maybe someone see's something else that could it be besides camera mods)

Joy of Perspective breaks the mounting, so at the moment, is either Joy of Perfective or mounting, but you can't have both. However, they have a test 'fix' in their download section on Nexus, I think it isnt still playable.

Edit: this is from a user who has the same problem and is stuck at shadowmere's point of view

Then there is only one option. If you jump off a cliff at just the right hight, shadowmere will die, but you should live. Yes, i'm afraid you might have to hill her. I'd advise you to save before you do this...

Did not find any proper solution try the stuff in the quote's, but they all dont sound like a proper solution I found serval posts about the same problem, but no solution sadly

For myself I have another question you said the error occurs on load so I wonder where you mounted at the time you saved? if yes you could try to dismount before saving and see if this changes something.

dunno if it really fixes it sounds weird for me, but trying dosent hurt I guess:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/141531/how-do-i-fix-the-glitch-where-i-am-stuck-in-horse-perspective

Easy fix: fast travel into a town horses can't enter like Whiterun.

Just had this issue and that's how I fixed it.

Have you any camera changing mods? for example joy of perspective or any other? (give us a loadorder maybe someone see's something else that could it be besides camera mods)

Joy of Perspective breaks the mounting, so at the moment, is either Joy of Perfective or mounting, but you can't have both. However, they have a test 'fix' in their download section on Nexus, I think it isnt still playable.

Edit: this is from a user who has the same problem and is stuck at shadowmere's point of view

Then there is only one option. If you jump off a cliff at just the right hight, shadowmere will die, but you should live. Yes, i'm afraid you might have to hill her. I'd advise you to save before you do this...

Did not find any proper solution try the stuff in the quote's, but they all dont sound like a proper solution I found serval posts about the same problem, but no solution sadly

For myself I have another question you said the error occurs on load so I wonder where you mounted at the time you saved? if yes you could try to dismount before saving and see if this changes something.

Thank you so much! Yeah I have Customizable Camera and player headtracking and Archery overhaul and I think others so I guess I can just get rid of all of them lol Thank you for replying :D

Thank you so much! Yeah I have Customizable Camera and player headtracking and Archery overhaul and I think others so I guess I can just get rid of all of them lol Thank you for replying :D

I would not say you must get rid of them all, but maybe one of them is causing it so "try and error" disable one after another and see if you still have your error

I would not say you must get rid of them all, but maybe one of them is causing it so "try and error" disable one after another and see if you still have your error

I just figured it out...I was using Archery Gameplay overhaul with Enhanced Camera. (Enhanced Camera is Required.) I didn't know it was required and got rid of Enhanced camera while keeping Archery Gameplay Overhaul so I had AGO and didn't have the requirement stupid mistake.

Ok scratch that...it definitely has something to do with my horse's lol I rode my horse and it happened. Then I switched to Frost (bc I just did the quest to steal Frost.) and now the camera is stuck on Frost's Point of view. Ughhh!! Ok I'm going to keep searching online for what causes this bug. :(

Ok scratch that...it definitely has something to do with my horse's lol I rode my horse and it happened. Then I switched to Frost (bc I just did the quest to steal Frost.) and now the camera is stuck on Frost's Point of view. Ughhh!! Ok I'm going to keep searching online for what causes this bug. :(

hm if you just want frost maybe if you spawn him via console you might get a diffrent result even tought I doubt it still worth a try

maybe if you install a mod that contains or changes frost and other horses you might "overwrite" whatever is causing the error for example

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64067/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14950/?

What I know from google that this issue is not limited to pc I also read from playstation and xbox users with the "stuck" camera on their horse so it could also be or has to be a vanilla issue still I did not found anything else then allready posted.

Some example quotes from console users:

I'm seeing my character move around while the camera holds still where my horse is.

I can still move my character around and hit things, but I can't figure out how to make the perspective go back to my player. I also tried loading an older save but there are no saves recent enough where there is no glitch. If I can't find a way to fix it, I will just load my older save in Solstheim. Can anyone help me?

Now the camera has switched to a view that I did not think possible. It's not flyaround, since I can't, but it's sort of like a stationary camera. I get one view and watch my character run around within that view (until I move out of camera range).

Controls are character-oriented: forward is wherever I'm facing, even if it's left in the camera's perspective.

Reloaded an autosave hoping to fix it, but no-go. I've fast-traveled hoping to reset it, but that doesn't work either.

Last time it worked right was when I got a kill cam, then the camera I guess attached itself to the dead target, and then tried re-attaching to me, but something else went wrong?

this above with the killcam also sounds intresting did something happen to you?

All I find is like here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1428145-camera-locked-in-on-horses-perspective/ they all seem to fix it with the TC command

Guess you have to fiddle around a bit I dont know much about errors related to horses as I nearly never ride them to lazy to allways mount and dismount on random encounters

hm if you just want frost maybe if you spawn him via console you might get a diffrent result even tought I doubt it still worth a try

maybe if you install a mod that contains or changes frost and other horses you might "overwrite" whatever is causing the error for example

What I know from google that this issue is not limited to pc I also read from playstation and xbox users with the "stuck" camera on their horse so it could also be or has to be a vanilla issue still I did not found anything else then allready posted.

I'm seeing my character move around while the camera holds still where my horse is.

I can still move my character around and hit things, but I can't figure out how to make the perspective go back to my player. I also tried loading an older save but there are no saves recent enough where there is no glitch. If I can't find a way to fix it, I will just load my older save in Solstheim. Can anyone help me?

Now the camera has switched to a view that I did not think possible. It's not flyaround, since I can't, but it's sort of like a stationary camera. I get one view and watch my character run around within that view (until I move out of camera range).

Controls are character-oriented: forward is wherever I'm facing, even if it's left in the camera's perspective.

Reloaded an autosave hoping to fix it, but no-go. I've fast-traveled hoping to reset it, but that doesn't work either.

Last time it worked right was when I got a kill cam, then the camera I guess attached itself to the dead target, and then tried re-attaching to me, but something else went wrong?

All I find is like here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1428145-camera-locked-in-on-horses-perspective/ they all seem to fix it with the TC command

Guess you have to fiddle around a bit I dont know much about errors related to horses as I nearly never ride them to lazy to allways mount and dismount on random encounters

Thanks I really appreciate the help :lol: yeah I saw that online too. I gave up and just decided to do "player.tc" everytime I load lol thank you again my friend!

Thanks I really appreciate the help :lol: yeah I saw that online too. I gave up and just decided to do "player.tc" everytime I load lol thank you again my friend!

well nothing to thank me for I only wanted you to work on animations and not on a broken skyrim  :P (obviously joking)

2 things i could imagine, but no idea if it'll help or even make it worse: start an animation while mounted.

1. Pressing 'n' to start a sexlab masturbation has fixed some things for me, but things might get weird that way as well.

2. Load an older save... if a vanilla script gone weird, this could do it, depends on how far you've played and how desperate you are ;)

• 4 months later...

This bug, once you get it, attaches to all horses. You wont know you have it until you quit and load a saved game. Or at least I didn't.

How I fixed it was...

Load a saved game outside so you can be with the last horse you rode. If you have horse perspective, open console and type "Player.TC" sets the player control to AI. Then summon Arvak if you did the Soul Cairne Quest. Mount Arvak, then open Console and type "Player.TC" Sets control back to player control. Ride Arvak in a circle to make sure you have proper control. Dismount Arvak and save your game. Load that saved game and you should be good. This will happen if you ride any horse once you get the bug. Arvak does not stay with you so you never get the horse perspective from saves as long as you never ride another horse. 

This is what worked for me, so that I could finish the play through. Once you start a new game, remove all your old saved files from the computer and start your new game. You may or may not get the bug again.

Also, I have noticed that once you get this bug, loading a saved game indoors (where the last horse you rode, can not go), You will have several issues from: Blank screen with game playing in background but you are unable to see anything to first person view and unable to move. 

Every load order is different and every game is different but this process fixed the game for me. Just remember once you get this bug, and fix it, you can never ride another horse or you will get it again. You can ride Arvak though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/11/2016 at 10:22 AM, cortex56 said:

How I fixed it was...

Load a saved game outside so you can be with the last horse you rode. If you have horse perspective, open console and type "Player.TC" sets the player control to AI. Then summon Arvak if you did the Soul Cairne Quest. Mount Arvak, then open Console and type "Player.TC" Sets control back to player control. Ride Arvak in a circle to make sure you have proper control. Dismount Arvak and save your game. Load that saved game and you should be good. This will happen if you ride any horse once you get the bug. Arvak does not stay with you so you never get the horse perspective from saves as long as you never ride another horse.

You sir, are a champion.

Archived