Custom follower dialogue help?

sillykawaii

Hey guys!

I may have a stupid question.

I've been tinkering with a new follower I made in the creation kit. Everything worked out well with the standard potential/current follower faction.

I could ask her to follow me, and she would.

But!

How would I go about making a chain of dialogue with the follow request at the end?

Example:

Instead of just

"Follow me"

"Okay"

It'd be more like

"Oh hi. Hows it going?"

"Oh good. good. How's your mother?"

"Oh, she's fine. She's great."

"Awesome"

"Yep. Wanna come adventuring with me?"

"Sure."

It would be even better if someone could help me with two different options. But I'm just being crazy.

I'd love to have a persuasion check in the beginning, and if you pass it she'll follow you. If you dont, you have to fetch a certain object and return it to her. And -then- she'll follow you.

I'm a total noob when it comes to scripting. I feel like this is going to require some scripting. *cries*

Check this out. Probably the most detailed tutorial about making a custom follower:

http://deck16.net/post/22645519500/making-a-unique-voiced-follower-in-skyrim-part-1

Some of what is described here is for custom voiced followers but most of it applies to any new follower you want to make. 

To do what you are asking for, you would have to add dialogues to the quest controlling your follower and have the dialogue conclude with making the NPC a follower.

There is no way to customize the default dialogue - you will have to make your own.

If you want an example, you can look at how I did in Alicia.

I haven't looked at the mod in a long time but I can give you some pointers if you check it out.

Archived