CBBE

Initial assets? You mean a base mesh?

Reference body and sliders

That's what I though. So basically you would have to create a reference body and sliders in order for it to work. Would it be possible to do that with Bodyslide its self using Outfit Studio, or is the process more complicated than that?

That's what I though. So basically you would have to create a reference body and sliders in order for it to work. Would it be possible to do that with Bodyslide its self using Outfit Studio, or is the process more complicated than that?

It is possible but it's suggested to use a 3D program and export sliders as OBJ files, in order to be more precise.

I'm figuring an alternative solution that should mainstream the whole work, this weekend I want to give it a try.

It is possible but it's suggested to use a 3D program and export sliders as OBJ files, in order to be more precise.

I'm figuring an alternative solution that should mainstream the whole work, this weekend I want to give it a try.

Oh.. so it *is* more complicated.. :-/

I just tried the Outfit Studio method before I read this response, just to see what would happen and it didn't really do anything. It was able to generate a preset and base mesh, but only the "shoulder fix" slider showed up and it doesn't do anything to the mesh when used, so yeah.. didn't work. :P

Well, thanks for giving this a look at least. Hopefully something comes out of it.

So how goes the experiment?

Thanks for the update. :)

Finally something working

xeeypj.jpg

Do not look at the textures and all those wrong shadows, I picked a random Skyrim file and I don't know which texture it was.

Same for the seams, I wasn't caring about them - my first priorities were the rigging, the sliders, the animations and the clipping on slim / whale sizes of the mesh

Time to move on details now...

Thanks for the update. :)

Finally something working

xeeypj.jpg

Do not look at the textures and all those wrong shadows, I picked a random Skyrim file and I don't know which texture it was.

Same for the seams, I wasn't caring about them - my first priorities were the rigging, the sliders, the animations and the clipping on slim / whale sizes of the mesh

Time to move on details now...

Awesome! :lol: it works! Bodyslide is coming to Fallout 3/New Vegas!

That's fine, some progress is better than no progress, and this actually looks like allot of progress. It's just nice to see this actually going somewhere.

Is it using a Fallout body mesh or is it using a mesh from Skyrim? It sounds like the Skyrim body mesh is what you got to work in game from your description.

Is it using a Fallout body mesh or is it using a mesh from Skyrim? It sounds like the Skyrim body mesh is what you got to work in game from your description.

It's FO4 CBBE, the textures should be the same than Skyrim. At least, at first sight they seem so...

It's FO4 CBBE, the textures should be the same than Skyrim. At least, at first sight they seem so...

Yes, Fallout 4's CBBE uses the same textures as Skyrim, or very similar at least.

Yes, Fallout 4's CBBE uses the same textures as Skyrim, or very similar at least.

Reduced the neck and hand seams, adapting them to vanilla (instead than porting CBBE hands), exported a 7B bombshell - BS template:

http://imgur.com/VK9yx9o

Pretty happy with the rigging, but I don't really know how to handle the textures issue. Don't know, I'll see if some idea will hit me.

If you are talking about the mismatched hands and head you would have to use the same textures for all three things body head and hands to make them match otherwise you will get the mismatch. So you would have to redo the hands textures to use the CBBE hand textures as well as the head.

If you are talking about the mismatched hands and head you would have to use the same textures for all three things body head and hands to make them match otherwise you will get the mismatch. So you would have to redo the hands textures to use the CBBE hand textures as well as the head.

No I'm referring to the fact that I'd love to find a way to make users to port on their own the textures from Skyrim, without the need to make huge conversions or specific patches. I did my best to not modify the UV, let's see what's possible.

Well, here are the textures. Looks pretty good but I don't know why I'm getting this with the stomach and buttock areas:

post-23292-0-07768700-1456244295_thumb.jpg

I'm using the BnB BodyExtender Compatability Skeleton by Astymma

Just to show you that it's possible and easy, here are the textures in the screenshot.

femaletextures.7z

Now, need to

1. Run seammender to match the vertex normals, weights, and locations of head and hands

2. clean up the normalmap to match the head and hands

3. clean up the diffuse to match the head and hands

But first gotta find out why the stomach and buttocks get distorted like that with the BnB skeleton.

I did the whole rigging part in Blender, so I think you can re-open it with it. Keep in mind that to export it it took several minutes, maybe you just need to wait, it has a lot of vertices, it's 3 times a NV common body mesh. In case you have issues, I PM you the .blend directly.

The distortions are caused because it is rigged on my own skeleton due to the new features it uses, so Astymma skeleton is no more enough, you should use BodyMorph skeleton (only the skeleton, no need of the ESP or what).

(out of curiosity, the extra features I'm talking about are belly to allow scalable scripted pregnancy or very fat people, butt for bounce and extra breast weight to differentiate clothes and armors)

Just to show you that it's possible and easy

No doubts that it's possible for someone who knows how to work on textures. I'd love to understand if it's possible for people to use / convert Skyrim textures on their owns. There's A LOT of wondrous textures out there, it would be a pity to not use them and a pain to obtain all the permissions.

What about the normals? did you manage to convert from Object to Tangent? I'd have a special request...

I used the FO4 CBBE normalmap which is already in tangent space, just needed to add the blue and alpha channels. What is the request?

Regarding the skeleton, I thought the skeleton used to rig a mesh didn't matter as long as the skeleton.nif in the _male folder is the bodymorph one. I even asked you or aassda about it.

But yes, the blend file please. I need to count the number of vertices on the seams in order to run seammender.

Regarding the skeleton, I thought the skeleton used to rig a mesh didn't matter as long as the skeleton.nif in the _male folder is the bodymorph one. I even asked you or aassda about it.

You said right, "as long as the skeleton.nif is the bodymorph one", the problem is that you have Astymma's skeleton.nif, which lacks some bones compared to BoMo. In the past there weren't issues because I still wasn't using a custom rigging, this CBBE attempt is the first "public" case (the other examples are not online)

The distortions that you are experiencing are not much different by those you would experience if you install a BnB body and don't install a compatibility skeleton which has BnB breast bones, just to say.

What is the request?

It's a skyrim's normal, but I didn't manage to convert them with handplane, the result is all grey and blue

I need to count the number of vertices on the seams

If it's just for a try, 21 per arm and 22/23 for the neck. The neck has a mistake, I first would need to correct it

Reduced the neck and hand seams, adapting them to vanilla (instead than porting CBBE hands), exported a 7B bombshell - BS template:

http://imgur.com/VK9yx9o

Pretty happy with the rigging, but I don't really know how to handle the textures issue. Don't know, I'll see if some idea will hit me.

This is looking good so far. I see what you mean by the textures though, I have no idea what would cause something like that.

Someone on here must have some idea why it looks that way though.

EDIT: Never mind the texture part, I didn't notice the other posts.

Archived