Skyrim type and talk mod

XcOm04au

About "Talking" in Skyrim.

Talking is done through Topic Infos.

They are a text that will be seen in the closed captions and a possible sound file (WAV or XWM that contains the actual sound of the voice.

It is executed when the dialogue is triggered (answering to the player or doing a forcegreet package or a Say package)

The Lips movement is pre-generated based on the sound of the WAV file associated to the talking.

The CK can generate a LIP file (that contains the information about how to move the lips) based on the phonemes contained in the WAV file.

Can a WAV file be generated in real time? No.

Can a XWM file be generated in real time? No.

Can a LIP file be generated in real time? No.

Can you type some text in Skyrim? In SkyUI 5.1 is possible, but only on the MCM interface.

Can what you typed be converted to a sound file? Some online tools do it, but with poor results, and pretty much complete atone voices.

So, NO what you are asking is NOT possible.

Sorry. 

• 4 weeks later...

that kinda sucks, I dont really want the NPC's to voice anything, I just want mouth movements as I will voice them, I am having a child soon so I was hoping that I could create child friendly short skyrim stories using the NPCs :)

Umm isn't that post by CPU precisely what you need to know to make it work? Couldn't you maybe write the texts and voice them first, add those to the CK to whom you want, or create new NPCs for those stories, generate the LIP files basically creating the mod doing what you wanted to do in real-time?

Archived