FootIK crash.

Remember guys, if you keep getting the bug after re-running FNIS or loading an older save just bring out the console at the start menu, write coc qasmoke (it might take a minute or 2 to load but is worth it) and after it finishes load the savefile you want to load, many of the OSA and Sex lab users that had this error said loading the game like this kept the bug away, but only if they always did it like that.

(Not posting this as a solution, just a way to prevent it from happening until a real solution comes out)

That two solutions that Sacremas and Shadowuser0723 are pointing out are really working. My game crashed at load certain times now. At dustman cairn with farkas saving there and then load the game on a later play session. The game instantly crashes for me without a warning of footik error. But then I loaded an older safe and I continued from there and it worked. I reduced the amount of animations too and then I could load the savegame aswell without this shitty footik error message. But thanks for the two solutions its now a bit more attractive as before with loading the game with something like this in mind.

On the other hand with an unstable game, with a lot of thigns updating at once and multiple constant scripts running, such as if using mods like Lover's Comfort, DynDOLOD, Vivid Weathers, Wet & Cold, and so on, yeah it's going to happen almost every time I try to load my character. So I don't use such mods any longer.

There's a script for TESVEdit available that can merge esp files together into one.

In my experience this helps for stability, but you'll have to do it first, before you start a new game.

There seems to be a difference if you have 10 esp or one esp with the same amount of entries. Many small esp seems less stable than one bigger esp. I don't know why.

Also it sems to me, there is a correlation between graphics and scripts. My computer is quite weak and the less scripts are running the less stuttering my game is, the smoother game runs. Instead also reducing HD textures helped me on the same issue. Having less hd textures seemed to free memory space for the running scripts. At least it seems so.

Well yes, but it's right - regarding scripted mods. I have to choose well, there is a limit my pc can handle and no matter what mod I install, another script on top and suddenly the game gets instable.

So people install a mod and the game becomes stuttering and crashes, they often say this is a bad mod. But most of the time it's the amount of scripts running in total. If you install this mod and delete other three script intense mods suddenly it runs fine.  In many cases it's difficult to blame one specific mod.

But for me it also helped to substitute some 4k textures on my followers with 2k textures. Even this made some mods more stable.

As if I was bound to choose - do I use the limited power for good looking npcs or for more intelligent npcs?

:s

On the other hand with an unstable game, with a lot of thigns updating at once and multiple constant scripts running, such as if using mods like Lover's Comfort, DynDOLOD, Vivid Weathers, Wet & Cold, and so on, yeah it's going to happen almost every time I try to load my character. So I don't use such mods any longer.

There's a script for TESVEdit available that can merge esp files together into one.

In my experience this helps for stability, but you'll have to do it first, before you start a new game.

There seems to be a difference if you have 10 esp or one esp with the same amount of entries. Many small esp seems less stable than one bigger esp. I don't know why.

Also it sems to me, there is a correlation between graphics and scripts. My computer is quite weak and the less scripts are running the less stuttering my game is, the smoother game runs. Instead also reducing HD textures helped me on the same issue. Having less hd textures seemed to free memory space for the running scripts. At least it seems so.

Well yes, but it's right - regarding scripted mods. I have to choose well, there is a limit my pc can handle and no matter what mod I install, another script on top and suddenly the game gets instable.

So people install a mod and the game becomes stuttering and crashes, they often say this is a bad mod. But most of the time it's the amount of scripts running in total. If you install this mod and delete other three script intense mods suddenly it runs fine.  In many cases it's difficult to blame one specific mod.

But for me it also helped to substitute some 4k textures on my followers with 2k textures. Even this made some mods more stable.

As if I was bound to choose - do I use the limited power for good looking npcs or for more intelligent npcs?

:s

Some correct, some wrong bits.

First off don't use the xEdit script to merge plugins, use the same author's Merge Plugins Standalone instead as that does a better job at it.

Second no, it's just an illusion that merging mods makes your game more stable, it does not, unless in the process of merging you are making some scripted mods no longer function properly, in which case yeah you cut down on scripts so now you have a more stable game, but not as stable as not installing the now non-functioning mod at all. Other than that merging does not help with your stability, it's only to help keep you below the 255 plugin limit.

However you are correct that running a lot of high quality graphics can impact how well your scripts run and then how good your game performs in general and how stable it is.

Skyrim as a 32 bit program designed largely for consoles can never take advantage of more than 2 processor cores at once, it doesn't matter at all if you have 8 cores, it only matters the individual clock speed of 2 of those cores. The lack of being able to multitask with your processor cores means that running scripts (of which it can do 2 at once, never more) and running graphics especially graphical effects like weather mods and animations will impact each other. As your processor gets busy making sure your graphcis run right and lighting strikes just so during storms and graphic mods with overlapping and incompatible meshes and textures fit together somehow, it's ability to clear those 2 scripts at a time slows down, where it would have cleared several scripts per second it now slows down more and more, other scripts that want to run and have their thing fails to do so, and you get what we call a Stack Dump, it's one of those wierd mutliple line entries in your papyrus that starts with "Dumping stack", I could show you what to look for but I don't actually have any stack dumps in my papyrus logs now to copy and paste, even after hours of play... Anyway, as the stacks dump the processor spends even more time clearing those dumped scripts out of your system, and you get in addition to no scripted mods at all working a very large lag spike, your FPS slows down to 10 maybe and you have issues moving around and may even freeze entirely for a few seconds, which is bad during a dragon fight or the like.

Now a very strong graphics card in conjunction with a ENB - or more specifically ENBoost - can help immensely with this, and it's why I recommend everyone to use ENBoost at least even if you can't run or don't like ENB effects. ENB allows your GPU to take over a large amount of the load that the CPU normally would have, more so than the base game itself can delegate, and also allows it to use more RAM to do these things. If you are not using an ENB the most RAM Skyrim can use is 4 GB, that's it, but if you are using an ENB that increases to about 14 GB, and you add your RAM and VRAM together in the process, so if you had 8 RAM and 4 VRAM you now have an effective 12 RAM for running the game with an ENB if you configure ENBoost properly. One caveat though; that goes for Windows 7 and Windows 8 only, if you have Windows 10 then even with ENBoost you are still limited to 4 GB RAM active at a time, it's why a lot of guides had to be rewriten to account for that issue after WIn 10, and why you may have noticed your game performing worse in WIn 10 after upgrading. This is only a DX9 issue, DX10+ games like Fallout 4 or SKyrim Special Edition will not have this issue.

Second no, it's just an illusion that merging mods makes your game more stable, it does not, unless in the process of merging you are making some scripted mods no longer function properly, in which case yeah you cut down on scripts so now you have a more stable game, but not as stable as not installing the now non-functioning mod at all. Other than that merging does not help with your stability, it's only to help keep you below the 255 plugin limit.

First: thank you for the usefull input. Gives me some better understanding.

What I was thinking that on small esp might strike - is what experts call "intrafile-fragmentation" - which, to my knowledge, can't be corrected by simply performing a defragmentation alogrithm.

My english is bad, so please forgive, if I quote wikipedia on this:

"Additionally, the concept of “fragmentation” is not only limited to individual files that have multiple extents on the disk. For instance, a group of files normally read in a particular sequence (like files accessed by a program when it is loading, which can include certain DLLs, various resource files, the audio/visual media files in a game) can be considered fragmented if they are not in sequential load-order on the disk, even if these individual files are not fragmented; the read/write heads will have to seek these (defragmented) files randomly to access them in sequence. Some groups of files may have been originally installed in the correct sequence, but drift apart with time as certain files within the group are deleted. Updates are a common cause of this, because in order to update a file, most updaters usually delete the old file first, and then write a new, updated one in its place. However, most filesystems do not write the new file in the same physical place on the disk."

So with many small esp (for armor it is often below 10KB) spread over the HDD - in my opinion - this could cause instability too. And to merge them into a bigger esp would hold data together physically. That's all I was thinking, it might do.

It's an interesting idea, but with one flaw; that read process only ever happens once; when you start up the game. That's it. It does not get read in the middle of the game, then all that information is already up and running, so essentially if you can start up at all, it won't matter otherwise.

Another misconception from early days of Skyrim that is comparable was the idea that unpacked BSA files would run faster, because the game would spend less time unpacking those BSAs mid game and comparing them to the content of other BSAs. Same thing; as far as I know this process only happens when you start up the game, and unpacking a BSA has a greater chance of making your game run slower than faster, as well as having a greater chance to cause random crashes as your game can't find meshes and other assets that used to be in BSAs that it now needs. This misconception first showed up during very early days of modding Skyrim, and it has stuck around as a presistent rumor that I believed in myself until some of the SKSE guys told me otherwise fairly recently. Yep, turns out the the publisher's idea about shipping the game in this format is actually the smart one and the method that makes the game run better, who knew!

I got this constantly since adding more animations to the game (5000) using SLAL for the first time.  Disabled the warning (IKCrashWarn=0), now games load first time without any problems - in fact the only problem I had was this happening every time I loaded a save, because other than my Skyrim seems solid (despite all these awesome mods people keep making - please stop, I'm up to 249 on my ESP count!).  Watercoloremico I salute you :)

It's an interesting idea, but with one flaw; that read process only ever happens once; when you start up the game. That's it. It does not get read in the middle of the game, then all that information is already up and running, so essentially if you can start up at all, it won't matter otherwise.

Oh ... okay. And again I've to learn that imagination not always is a good councelor. But maybe with all the work I put in this I gained 0,05 seconds startup speed ...

:-/

Thanks.

Those of you having this issue, just out of curiosity, did you have any version of FemFeet installed when you had this problem?

Like many of you, I have this issue and uninstalling Crash Fixes altogether fixes it.  Obviously I don't want to run Skyrim without Crash Fixes though, it makes a big difference for other things.

I do have FemFeet on this particular install for the first time though, and this install is also the first that I've had the issue.  I'm going to tinker and see if I can uninstall FemFeet to see what happens.  Will post back, but if anyone else tinkers with this and gets concrete results first, please let us know.

Update: I have a femalefeet.tri file in my character assets folder which I don't remember being there last install.  If you guys have this file present, let us know, let's see if we can narrow this down.  For now I'm going to leave the .tri file but replace FemFeet with default CBBE meshes.

Update 2: Got the crash even after uninstalling FemFeet.  I'm deleting the femalefeet.tri file to see if that fixes it instead.

Just always load into qasmoke, a save in qasmoke or similar cell with no other NPCs, or use the Continue Game No Crash plugin that gives a blank cell at COC cg

Its a problem with the game trying to process a ton of animations and a ton of NPCs at the same time, but it only happens on initial load. This has been incredibly well established at this point.

question has anyone actualy fix this problem? cuase i finally got a stabel game and now i have ikfoot bullshit happening 

Yes. Since two weeks no foot.ik crash anymore.

Just followed the suggestion meh321 gives on the crashes fix download page (nexus) for setting skyrim.ini, enblocal.ini and crashesfix.ini. 

For me this was like finding the holy grail.

question has anyone actualy fix this problem? cuase i finally got a stabel game and now i have ikfoot bullshit happening 

Just followed the suggestion meh321 gives on the crashes fix download page (nexus) for setting skyrim.ini, enblocal.ini and crashesfix.ini. 

What exactly have you edited, added or something else?

Just always load into qasmoke, a save in qasmoke or similar cell with no other NPCs, or use the Continue Game No Crash plugin that gives a blank cell at COC cg

Its a problem with the game trying to process a ton of animations and a ton of NPCs at the same time, but it only happens on initial load. This has been incredibly well established at this point.

urban legend

start a new game with halo poser

that mod quests have priorities 99

helgen quest priority is lower, and if it have to wait because poser is doing its stuff, that's the flying carriage bug

you won't ctd if you break scripts, you just see strange things in game

the fix is to give helgen quest priority 100

it's for the same reason so many can't load their save from main menu

when you load a save, if a mod quest is load before (highter priority)  the skyrim stuff it need to work, it's a ctd

you ctd everytime skyrim isn't able to load something (and the game don't bother telling you what it wasn't able to load...)

broken navmeshes, armor with the id of a cell, templates that make a npc from race x wear something for race y...

game load a lot of useless stuff when you don't load a save (new game or coc something), before allowing your load order to start its stuff

that's what allow you to load those saves you can't load from main menu

because the files that mod quest need are already in the ram

but that's also a problem

make a save before waking up a draugr

wake him up, and load the save

this time the draugr won't wake up (game load the file from the ram, that already did that)

First I thought, I simpy put my inis here - but then I worried, there shure will be people they simply copy them and wonder why nothing works anymore. Shure settings have to be related to your machine. So there is no way around to spend some time and set them individually and even to try out what works best.

Before

uGridsToLoad=5 in setup.ini.  Any higher never worked for me. Well it might work in general, but it caused crashes to me. Pay attention that uGridsoLoad is related to:

iPreloadSizeLimit=

uExterior Cell Buffer=

iPreloadSizeLimit=

You'll have to tweak all of them corresponding.

Changing simply the value of uGridsToLoad without knowledge what it will affect shurely will cause game instability. May have some reading here. So I strongly recommend not to tweak these values at all without a deeper understanding how graphic details are handled by the game. Me - I don't have it, so after worsen everything by playing around I ended up with the default settings working best for me.

Another general thing, if you use MO: MO stores skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini separate related to your profile in MO. If you use MO and do changes on those inis directly in the games folder - it won't work! MO will override them. So all changes in those inis must be done in MO.

(1)

Latest SKSE version. Directly installed, not by a mod manager. Pay attention that skse.ini is at the right place. SKSE won't notify you if you put ini in a wrong folder.

In skse.ini:

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Latest version

(2)

Latest version of ENB driver for Skyrim from here. Only the driver, NO ENB PRESET. NOT THE PATCH. The patch didn't help anything for me.

Go -> Graphic Modificators -> TES Skyrim, the top entry is the last version. Now clicking on this the download page open, the download link is on top.

But below the link is very important information. You have to set your skyrimprefs.ini according to this or ENB won't work.

Installation: it MUST be be the wrapper version. The injection version won't help in this case.

[3)

Boris Vorontsov, the creator of this driver made special ini-settings (enblocal.ini) for stability, they are called "Anti Crash ENB Boost". There are different version around, pay attention to get exactly this one.

Overwrite the basic enblocal.ini with this enblocal.ini (It isn't finished here, later you'll have to make another changes on enblocal.ini)

(4)

Install crash fixes by meh 321. Again, directly, not via a mod manager. Now go carefully through the description base. Meh321 will tell you some more settings for enblocal.ini you should make. He will tell you very important settings for skyrim.ini espacially for papyrus and graphics - they helped much for me. Generous papayrus settings will make scripts run smoothly but it will make skyrim busy with them and the overal stability will worse.

Especially the combination of script heavy mods and many hd graphics is hard to handle for skyrim. You may have to experiment till  you've got a balanced game. Don't blame the scripts, don't blame the graphics. It's simply a bad handling by the game.

(5)

Me, I got also SKSE Plugin Preloder for taking all advantages of crash fixes. But then it's absolutely necessary to make two changes to crashfixesplugin.ini

UseOSAllocators=1

AND

AlignHeapAllocate=1

About this please read q12 in the FAQ here

(6)

Take this serious: go through everything again after finished. On such complex tasks it is totally normal you miss some information in all the readmes or you forget a single letter somewhere in the inis. All you do there is highly sensible for the smallest error, so be a professional and recheck your work - twice or a third time is even better. Or the best: have it checked by a third person.

Update 2: Got the crash even after uninstalling FemFeet.  I'm deleting the femalefeet.tri file to see if that fixes it instead.

Nah - to my knowledge the tri files store only sculpting information and I think ti's only read by racemenu. The game itself won't notice them. Deleting the tri files - next time you make a character the feet might look a little different - dependend on what scuplting infos the tri contains.Thats all what will happen.

not sure why but i am only seeing this foot ik if i have a female companion with me or play with female character but male character dont seem to cause this foot ik so maybe it is mesh combined with skeleton that causes this foot ik to happen.

One thing i will try is to disable any female body type and the custom skeleton and see if there is still a foot ik happening if vanilla game also causes the foot ik then maybe the problem lies elsewhere.

I was wondering if this new mod that has been released in the nexus helps against this problem

nope

first time i saw that error that was in enderal riverville tavern, all the time i tried to load the save there

found this topic, found that crashfix dll they are talking about in data, don't know what it do don't have it on normal profile, so i put it in ____ folder

tried to load the ctd save, it was load without problem, and never saw that crash since then

that crash come from crashfix dll, you won't get rid of it without getting rid of that mod, or fixing it

Since this is one of the few topics that are still active ill post this here.

I was wondering if this new mod that has been released in the nexus helps against this problem, i haven't been able to test it recently (college and stuff) so i was hoping if you guys knew if it works.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/?

It "fixes" it the same way it's always been fixed. Loads an empty or mostly empty cell first then load a game from there

Guys its the problem for me was in the xp 32 i installed  scholings of skyrim after it . so what i did i reinstalled xp 32 and choose the patch fo sos and boom problem solved .

If you are talking about the Racemenu / ECE Patch, it did not solve the problem in my game!

First I thought, I simpy put my inis here - but then I worried, there shure will be people they simply copy them and wonder why nothing works anymore. Shure settings have to be related to your machine. So there is no way around to spend some time and set them individually and even to try out what works best.

Before

uGridsToLoad=5 in setup.ini.  Any higher never worked for me. Well it might work in general, but it caused crashes to me. Pay attention that uGridsoLoad is related to:

iPreloadSizeLimit=

uExterior Cell Buffer=

iPreloadSizeLimit=

You'll have to tweak all of them corresponding.

Changing simply the value of uGridsToLoad without knowledge what it will affect shurely will cause game instability. May have some reading here. So I strongly recommend not to tweak these values at all without a deeper understanding how graphic details are handled by the game. Me - I don't have it, so after worsen everything by playing around I ended up with the default settings working best for me.

Another general thing, if you use MO: MO stores skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini separate related to your profile in MO. If you use MO and do changes on those inis directly in the games folder - it won't work! MO will override them. So all changes in those inis must be done in MO.

(1)

Latest SKSE version. Directly installed, not by a mod manager. Pay attention that skse.ini is at the right place. SKSE won't notify you if you put ini in a wrong folder.

In skse.ini:

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Latest version

(2)

Latest version of ENB driver for Skyrim from here. Only the driver, NO ENB PRESET. NOT THE PATCH. The patch didn't help anything for me.

Go -> Graphic Modificators -> TES Skyrim, the top entry is the last version. Now clicking on this the download page open, the download link is on top.

But below the link is very important information. You have to set your skyrimprefs.ini according to this or ENB won't work.

Installation: it MUST be be the wrapper version. The injection version won't help in this case.

[3)

Boris Vorontsov, the creator of this driver made special ini-settings (enblocal.ini) for stability, they are called "Anti Crash ENB Boost". There are different version around, pay attention to get exactly this one.

Overwrite the basic enblocal.ini with this enblocal.ini (It isn't finished here, later you'll have to make another changes on enblocal.ini)

(4)

Install crash fixes by meh 321. Again, directly, not via a mod manager. Now go carefully through the description base. Meh321 will tell you some more settings for enblocal.ini you should make. He will tell you very important settings for skyrim.ini espacially for papyrus and graphics - they helped much for me. Generous papayrus settings will make scripts run smoothly but it will make skyrim busy with them and the overal stability will worse.

Especially the combination of script heavy mods and many hd graphics is hard to handle for skyrim. You may have to experiment till  you've got a balanced game. Don't blame the scripts, don't blame the graphics. It's simply a bad handling by the game.

(5)

Me, I got also SKSE Plugin Preloder for taking all advantages of crash fixes. But then it's absolutely necessary to make two changes to crashfixesplugin.ini

UseOSAllocators=1

AND

AlignHeapAllocate=1

About this please read q12 in the FAQ here

(6)

Take this serious: go through everything again after finished. On such complex tasks it is totally normal you miss some information in all the readmes or you forget a single letter somewhere in the inis. All you do there is highly sensible for the smallest error, so be a professional and recheck your work - twice or a third time is even better. Or the best: have it checked by a third person.

It looks like the enblocal.ini is my last problem here.

- I have tried the enblocal.ini from the linked enbboost. I does not have any footik crashes after this.

BUT

My game was extreme stuttering!

After changing back to the original enblocal of my enb and making the changes you say, footik crash is back again.

- I have tried the enblocal.ini from the linked enbboost. I does not have any footik crashes after this.

BUT

My game was extreme stuttering!

After changing back to the original enblocal of my enb and making the changes you say, footik crash is back again.

Yes. It's simply that you didnt notice the stuttering before because you had the crash instead. But most probably they are differen't effects of the same issue.

You could try in crashfix.ini to set

AlignHeapAllocate=0

But be aware: then you may encounter crashes when using custom sliders (f.e. bodyslide, schlongs) in racemenu. But performance during gaming will be better.

Otherwise the only solution is to reduce the amount of hd graphics, graphic details and scripts. I had an interesting discussion about that I with Sacremas earlier in this thread. It#s about to find a playable balance between script-intense and graphic intense mods. It's not possible to have 'all' and how powerfull your machine is counts only partially as Skyrim isnt able to take all of the advantages your machine may offer. That's what basically ENB does and why it may be called a 'driver'. It tries to get in between Skyrim and your hardware drivers and take better advantage f.e. of DirectX commands. 

[Other causes for stuttering: papyrus logging, bad graphic settings in skyrim.ini. Editing "uGridsToLoad" is quite problematic as this value is related to many other settings that have to be changed accordingly. Most of the things you can read online were found by experimenting/observation and therefore can't be generalized to be working on every machine. After years of playig around with these settings - I, personally, found, that default settings are working best. I found this article very informative, but also this, mainly based on individual experimenting]

The error message crashfixes throws, 'footIK crash', is missleading. IK stands for 'inverse kinematics' - that means how feet are about to follow the body (this is a inversion of the normal animation were body would follow the feet position - simply spoken: if you move a node of the skeleton how the other nodes follow can be inversed, so the role of leading bone and child bone can be changed). So the meaning of this error message seems to be related to skeleton/animation,

but this never would cause a crash on load. So forget about the name of this error message. It's simply that Skyrim can't handle the amount of information (same happen on stuttering) - so this error message could also be called 'handIK crash' or 'hipIK-crash' doesnt matter - and reducing the amount of animations may help, but its just to reduce processed data untill it becomes stable, it is not really a fix. To fix this problem you would have to redo the skyrim engine itself.

So to get rid of the stuttering by disabeling the stability features of ENB brings the crash message back and to turn the features on brings the stuttering back - as both are only different results of the same issue. 

[Edit - sorry for the many spelling errors, it's a combination of inability and a weak keyboard]

I just started getting this today. The odd things even if I went back to a *very* old save (pre sexlab!) or an older save with a new character just having got into the helgen fort, I got exactly the same crash (the Skyrim has crashed while setting up FootIK) one.

So I got all techno and set that error to off in the .ini file and the saves load fine.

It started I think because I was trying to find out why my namira's blessing had stopped working (it triggers once after loading the save then never again) and was disabling some recently installed mods.