Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FootIK crash.

Best Answer Ramonster79 , 15 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

I came across this mod on nexus 

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/78557/?

decided to see if it will help with the foot IK thing and it did, don't know how. but it works. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

RUD3DUD3

RUD3DUD3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Saves loads fine once you uninstall crash fix so why cant the author make it so crash fix doesn't even report that bug and crashes the game ? that crash is 100 % crash fix related maybe crash fix introduces that bug. im still playing the same game i was playing months ago and my game runs smooth.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Comrade Isbariya

Comrade Isbariya

Darkelf by heart

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Crash Fixes is only worth using anyway, if you set it up correctly. :) 

I just re-checked the changes I did (although they weren't working anyway) to see if I would crash without using crash fixes or not, and the FootIK crash occured with or without using crash fixes, only that without Crash Fixes the CTD happened without the message telling me that it was the infamous FootIK crash.

However, removing the changes I did got rid of the crash while using crash fixes, it didn't get rid of the crash without using crash fixes. Without crash fixes I had to load an older save and from there go to my most recent one. 

So at least for me it is working as intended, unless I do not cause errors accidentally or by will. 

RUD3DUD3

RUD3DUD3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

I just re-checked the changes I did (although they weren't working anyway) to see if I would crash without using crash fixes or not, and the FootIK crash occured with or without using crash fixes, only that without Crash Fixes the CTD happened without the message telling me that it was the infamous FootIK crash.

Not all load game ctd maybe FootIk related we have been seeing this load game CTD since day1 of modding even vanilla game has crashed on some occasions for me in past but they always loads 2nd or 3rd time. you will find plenty of topics on load game CTD's everywhere where solution is only to click on load save instead of clicking on continue in menu and they load the save try doing that couple of times with and without crash fix. without crash fix they will load after 2 or 3 attempt but with crash fix they won't load even after 100 attempts.

Comrade Isbariya

Comrade Isbariya

Darkelf by heart

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

I never load my game through continue option, and as I mentioned above, after removing the changes I did to two of my followers, as I couldn't make SoS work on them anyway, the footIK crash was gone for good, and my savegames load the first time I try using crash fixes, but they won't do that without crash fixes, so I'd always have to load an older save before the actual one. (Or start the game multiple times, but if you crash 5 times in a row you really get pissed and rather use the work around or crash fixes. Well assuming that it was working the way it should for you, which it actually isn't. 

I really haven't seen the footIK crash before, also I have never seen other various problems people are describing. I'm not using any modmanager, and I install everything manually and keep my stuff up to date. My game is highly modded, full of scripts and as I seem to be one of the few lucky ones that do not have any problem anymore running Skyrim, I really feel it was the best decision I could have made. :) 

majorfreak

majorfreak

MajorGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

fyi if u useing crash fixes and u get the footik messge the game has crashed.

ive had the footik for a while and enver foound whats causeing it. but i did find a work around to get past it. the footik only comes up when loading a save(for me its from start mentu)

if u make a new game and always load that first before u load your main game u never get the footik.

alot of my CTD for game loads from main menu has that exact workaround. thank goodness for alternative start

waiiiit a minute. when starting a fresh game i remember there's a HDT high heels log or ini or something (i forget; will edit in) created. it shows up in the overwrite file in MO. i think i'll try deleting that and getting the game to re-create it. miiight be the problem, who knows.

I have had a FootIK crash in games not using any high heels at all, even NiO High Heels (which you should be using, HDTHH is very outdated). It's not related.

This mainly comes when I have changed something aorund, like installed a new texture for my character, changed the texture of a character in the same cell I am loading my save into, changed a bodyslide body, things like that. It seems the new information in the load order vs the save causes Crash Fixes or FootIK to get a bit confused and throw up the crash, I havent' ever had it in saves where I just loaded it in as normal with no changes since last time I played, unless I previously crashed from the game.

NiO High Heels? wow that looks like a heck of a lot of work for something i can just ignore...i mean, how often do i bother sitting down?

shadowuser0723

shadowuser0723

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

there's a way to ignore or bypass the bug, in the main menu open the console and write coc qasmoke, once it finishes loading the cell then open your menu and load the savefile you want, once you do this the save should never get the foot ik thingy if you keep loading it like that

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

NiO High Heels? wow that looks like a heck of a lot of work for something i can just ignore...i mean, how often do i bother sitting down?

I think you are misunderstanding how that works.

NiO high Heels is a complete replacement to HDT High Heels where afterwards you don't even need the mod installed; where HDT HH runs a HDT calculation every time you stand up, put on your shoes/boots or use a crafting station (enchanting table etc), NiO High Heels simply use the NiOveride function from Racemenu (can be downloaded separately if you are using ECE) to just change your height dynamically, with a much smoother system made by one of the main authors of SKSE. HDT High Heels put on multiple followers and NPCs can utterly break your game, it will cause greater strain to your CPU (not RAM, GPU, Papyrus or anything, the CPU itself) than anything else you can pull off in Skyrim, as with all HDT,w hile NiO HH is a very easy quick adjustment up and down on your height, and also far more compatible with other mods. Sexlab also has integrated support for NiO High Heels, as do most other mods that use High Heels, other than the high heels themselves. Newer high heels made by smarter mod authors always use NiO HH instead of HDT HH also.

Basically with HDT High Heels putting them on yourself and one follower is pretty much the cap if you don't want to choke your processor. With NiO High Heels feel free to put them on the whole of Whiterun at once, and every bandit girl in the world, and it won't make much difference to your performance.

majorfreak

majorfreak

MajorGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

there's a way to ignore or bypass the bug, in the main menu open the console and write coc qasmoke, once it finishes loading the cell then open your menu and load the savefile you want, once you do this the save should never get the foot ik thingy if you keep loading it like that

oh hey, that's alot better than a new game, thanks!

majorfreak

majorfreak

MajorGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

I think you are misunderstanding how that works.

NiO high Heels is a complete replacement to HDT High Heels where afterwards you don't even need the mod installed; where HDT HH runs a HDT calculation every time you stand up, put on your shoes/boots or use a crafting station (enchanting table etc), NiO High Heels simply use the NiOveride function from Racemenu (can be downloaded separately if you are using ECE) to just change your height dynamically, with a much smoother system made by one of the main authors of SKSE. HDT High Heels put on multiple followers and NPCs can utterly break your game, it will cause greater strain to your CPU (not RAM, GPU, Papyrus or anything, the CPU itself) than anything else you can pull off in Skyrim, as with all HDT,w hile NiO HH is a very easy quick adjustment up and down on your height, and also far more compatible with other mods. Sexlab also has integrated support for NiO High Heels, as do most other mods that use High Heels, other than the high heels themselves. Newer high heels made by smarter mod authors always use NiO HH instead of HDT HH also.

Basically with HDT High Heels putting them on yourself and one follower is pretty much the cap if you don't want to choke your processor. With NiO High Heels feel free to put them on the whole of Whiterun at once, and every bandit girl in the world, and it won't make much difference to your performance.

hmmm...well, i'll give it a whirl then once i encounter difficulties (my computer specs are pretty crap) thanks for clarification

heptoras

heptoras

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Just had this happen to me today. Is there any fix besides starting a new game and loading the save? Shit's getting annoying.

Comrade Isbariya

Comrade Isbariya

Darkelf by heart

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Try until your most recent one works. :D 

Well, or try to run FNIS again. Sometimes that fixes it for good, or at least for a while. I notice that I do get that crash whenever I add a new NPC and do not run FNIS before starting the game. 

heptoras

heptoras

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Try until your most recent one works. :D 

Well, or try to run FNIS again. Sometimes that fixes it for good, or at least for a while. I notice that I do get that crash whenever I add a new NPC and do not run FNIS before starting the game. 

Never mind, I figured it out. I'll just have to live with going to an older save. Thanks

Hippeus

Hippeus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I hope someone can help. I just started having this problem. Or should say been having this problem. Just didn't know it till before Crash Fixes. Thing is this was a brand new playthrough and went 8 hours into it. Now it's popping up like crazy. What's worse if I do load the game when I try to zone the game locks up with like it wants to bring up the error message as I the loading/busy mouse cursor. Any advice?

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

I hope someone can help. I just started having this problem. Or should say been having this problem. Just didn't know it till before Crash Fixes. Thing is this was a brand new playthrough and went 8 hours into it. Now it's popping up like crazy. What's worse if I do load the game when I try to zone the game locks up with like it wants to bring up the error message as I the loading/busy mouse cursor. Any advice?

If you are playing in Windowed Mode via fake fullscreen such as OneTweak or your ENB, just ignroe it when the mouse starts spinning, it just means a background windows program has made Widows aware that things are loading very slowly with this weird "app" and it has probably frozen, when it's just a regular long load time. Leave it for at least a couple of minutes, if you click the mouse or touch the keyboard while it's spinning like this Windows will try to force a reaction from the game which will just crash it, but it hasn't crashed yet, not unless that continues ofr several minutes.

If you are getting very long loading time, your save may have gone corrupt. This just happened to me, because I tried to clean it with a save game cleaner, and it just broke entirely. You may need to revert to before you installed your last mod, uninstalled your last mod or the like, and undo that change and play from there. Or you will have to start a new game, with less intensive mods, particularily constantly updating mods like Aroused, Schlongs of Skyrim, Creature Framework, Wet & Cold or DynDOLOD; a few of these are fine but there's a limit to what the scripting engine can handle, largely determined by how good your processor is in terms of clock speed alone.

Otherwise to fix FootIK crashes, just load another character entirely, like a brand new character in Live Another Life, then load your regular character (if you do not use it open console on main menu after starting game before loading your save, type "coc qasmoke" without quotes, enter racemenu once you arrive in the test cell via showracemenu, change the character's name to "Janitor" or something so you remember the character then load that character before you think you would get FootIK crashes, then load your regular save).

In my experience even with a very heavy game this mainly happens if I cahnge my game somehow, including just changing a texture or fixing a bug with NPCs. If you rerun something like Wrye Bash or ASIS or even if you shuffle aorund on your load order you may very well get a FootIK crash when you next try to load your save if it is very advanced. Just load a early save "janitor" type character to load up the game world, then load your character, as this is just happening because the game is having issues loading in both your mods, your save information and the game world at once.

Hippeus

Hippeus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

If you are playing in Windowed Mode via fake fullscreen such as OneTweak or your ENB, just ignroe it when the mouse starts spinning, it just means a background windows program has made Widows aware that things are loading very slowly with this weird "app" and it has probably frozen, when it's just a regular long load time. Leave it for at least a couple of minutes, if you click the mouse or touch the keyboard while it's spinning like this Windows will try to force a reaction from the game which will just crash it, but it hasn't crashed yet, not unless that continues ofr several minutes.

If you are getting very long loading time, your save may have gone corrupt. This just happened to me, because I tried to clean it with a save game cleaner, and it just broke entirely. You may need to revert to before you installed your last mod, uninstalled your last mod or the like, and undo that change and play from there. Or you will have to start a new game, with less intensive mods, particularily constantly updating mods like Aroused, Schlongs of Skyrim, Creature Framework, Wet & Cold or DynDOLOD; a few of these are fine but there's a limit to what the scripting engine can handle, largely determined by how good your processor is in terms of clock speed alone.

Otherwise to fix FootIK crashes, just load another character entirely, like a brand new character in Live Another Life, then load your regular character (if you do not use it open console on main menu after starting game before loading your save, type "coc qasmoke" without quotes, enter racemenu once you arrive in the test cell via showracemenu, change the character's name to "Janitor" or something so you remember the character then load that character before you think you would get FootIK crashes, then load your regular save).

In my experience even with a very heavy game this mainly happens if I cahnge my game somehow, including just changing a texture or fixing a bug with NPCs. If you rerun something like Wrye Bash or ASIS or even if you shuffle aorund on your load order you may very well get a FootIK crash when you next try to load your save if it is very advanced. Just load a early save "janitor" type character to load up the game world, then load your character, as this is just happening because the game is having issues loading in both your mods, your save information and the game world at once.

Looks like reinstalling XPSME and running FNIS got rid of it for the time being. Cause I was able to load the game and created a new save. It loaded with no error and even got rid of the cursor issue I was reporting from loading. I'll keep you guys apprised if it starts again. I do know it seems more common when you have female companions with you when you have FNIS. Cause I had Sofia in my last failed playthrough attempt and that was apparently causing the same crash. Which right now I have my female Paladin Kara, Erik the Slayer and Toccata.

Yes I do have OneTweak so it does run in Window Mode. Before I had it in Full screen and when it crashed it was near impossible to GTFO of Skyrim without signing out of Windows 10. My loading times are about 10-15 seconds give or take cause of the ENB preset I'm using. Takes a bit longer to render the area when I zone. I can live with it cause it makes my game look so good.

I have right now for specs:

Processor: i5-4690k 3.5 Ghz

Ram: 8GB DDR3 Ram

GPU: Zotac GTX 970

Next week actually buying a new motherboard and case. So I get better ventilation and can finally overclock my processor. I may end up going back to Windows 7 64-bit though. Found out from Microsoft that my free Windows 10 upgrade that I got last fall will expire when I change motherboards. Which may help with enblocal as I can allocate more then 4gb system memory. Not sure though yet. Either way going to need to get a OEM copy of Windows for new motherboard. If I have the spare $ which is a big if I may buy a SSD finally as well.

Attached Files

TDA

TDA

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

1b965d7f173858f3b1eb18ec63c0f1fb.jpg

is it Skeleton problem? skeleton.hkx or .nif? or FNIS ?

i have

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones) male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

2871 animations for 13 mods successfully included (character)

Hippeus

Hippeus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

i have

I believe it is the FNIS. Cause rerunning FNIS usually fixes it for me. At least for a bit. Problem as they say in this thread. It seems to be very fickle and hard to reproduce. I seem to encounter it shortly after adding something to my load order or could be coincidence. Also if you have female companions it seems to have a higher chance. God help me when I have Serana with me all throughout Dawnguard.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

i have

I believe it is the FNIS. Cause rerunning FNIS usually fixes it for me. At least for a bit. Problem as they say in this thread. It seems to be very fickle and hard to reproduce. I seem to encounter it shortly after adding something to my load order or could be coincidence. Also if you have female companions it seems to have a higher chance. God help me when I have Serana with me all throughout Dawnguard.

Rerunning FNIS is pointless. It is just failing loading your character, so load another character, like start a new game, then immediately bring up the menu and load your character, and it will work, there is no point at all to rerunning FNIS because this is not a FNIS problem.

Hippeus

Hippeus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

i have

Rerunning FNIS is pointless. It is just failing loading your character, so load another character, like start a new game, then immediately bring up the menu and load your character, and it will work, there is no point at all to rerunning FNIS because this is not a FNIS problem.

So running FNIS was just a coincidence then :( This FootIK has been the only thing plaguing me every so often. Just afraid at a point it's just going to fail to load up my character regardless of what I do :(

siskin

siskin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Guys, get alternative start mod and follow those steps: launch skyrim -> new game -> spam enter and R till you end the racemenu ... menu, then esc, load, select the save you actually wanted to load in the first place. This 100% eliminates footik crashes as well as others not event detected by the crash fixes mod. That is, they won't happen when you use this procedure to load your game. Anytime you load from the main menu you got a ... i'd say 70% chance in my case that it will crash on load one way or another.