Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FootIK crash.

Best Answer Ramonster79 , 15 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

I came across this mod on nexus 

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/78557/?

decided to see if it will help with the foot IK thing and it did, don't know how. but it works. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Gagoloth

Gagoloth

(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

People are reporting that Continue Game No Crash has somewhat fixed the FootIk ctd. 

Spoiler

Skyrim.ini
Spoiler

SkyrimPrefs.ini
Spoiler

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Kakabishan

Kakabishan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Yep, I'm getting the same issue with crashing on load. Sometimes the load works (If i boot up skyrim after a long while from the last crash or if i restart my computer oddly) or if i start a new game and then load the save. However, loading the same gave crashes and comes up with the same FootIK message. I've done everything such as rerunning FNIS, reinstalling XPMSE, no dice :/

Sailing Rebel

Sailing Rebel

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Those of you who are seeing this need to post a list of your installed mods and do a comparison, see what you have in common.

FootIK is involved with aligning actors' feet with the terrain - allowing them to stand with one leg raised to account for a slope for example. Take a look at anything that specifically targets this behaviour, then at anything that adds or alters skeletons (including creatures).

noobsaleh

noobsaleh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I had this problem. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled FNIS (easy if you use MO), deleting every trace of it (overwrite as well) and reran FNIS. Then I did the same with XPMS.

Interestingly enough, it happened to me again at some point, so I had to repeat the process. Wasn't able to narrow down what caused it initially though.

Gagoloth

Gagoloth

(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Take a look at "NiOverride High Heels - NIOVHH Fixes" as it might be the cause. 

Also looking at Perma or a combination of them both.

*Edit Both are not the cause.

Gagoloth

Gagoloth

(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

This crash is completely random and there is no telling when you will get it. The ONLY workaround i have found is finding an older save that will load than loading the save that won't or starting a new game then loading the save that won't load.

This Crash is very fickle. I can't reproduce it 100% and it seems pretty random. 

D_ManXX2

D_ManXX2

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

it seem to corrupt the save game aswell. after the footIK happens i no longer able to load any save game. the only work around still works using coc qasmoke.

spoonsinger

spoonsinger

Currently....

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Going out on a limb here but I think it's one of those way too many animations things which the crash fix dll is picking up on. (and might be interesting from that point of view). I have had the crash with that report, but then doing a 'start' save/load then a load of the supposedly bollocked save, it loaded, just like in the old days of it just bombing to a desktop without a message and then doing a 'start' save/load.

ps

Don't have "NiOverride High Heels - NIOVHH Fixes" and wasn't standing on a slope when this has occurred. (in fact just standing in an Inn on all occasions).

Whizkid

Whizkid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

yea i am getting this error too and it's pretty random, re-running fnis fixed the problem temporary for me, when it happens i'll just re-run fnis.

aljustineg

aljustineg

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

happens to me too but putting the xp32 at the bottom in the MO fix this problem on me

i thought i was the only one who had this problem\

not quite sure maybe there`s a problem with the new xp32 i remember not having this error on the prev version

edit: it was Crash fix plugin i read it on the crash fix plugin ini anways reinstalling xp32 fix this or for MO user`s just place it at the bottom 

watercoloremico

watercoloremico

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I found a simple solution.

IKCrashWarn=1

change this setting value in CrashFixPlugin.ini.

IKCrashWarn=0

no ctd appear.

aljustineg

aljustineg

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

I found a simple solution.

IKCrashWarn=1

change this setting value in CrashFixPlugin.ini.

IKCrashWarn=0

no ctd appear.

i was thinking about that too but something keeps me not to do it are you sure thats safe? 

Bizzarini

Bizzarini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

IKCrashWarn=1 just enables a warning, it can't help with the crash.

From ini file:

; Info: Crash when game is trying to setup foot IK but there's a problem. Real cause is unknown but for me
;       reinstalling XPMS / XPMSE and rerunning FNIS seemed to fix, some other people reported same result.
;       So we will display a message box when this crash happens recommending the same. Seems related to the
;       StrCmp crash in BF2FB3, maybe.
; Address: BFECC1
; Solution: No solution from here, display warning with helpful tips.

(Djmcshifty)

(Djmcshifty)
  • Guests

i had the same problem but it seems to have stopped, atleast temporarily, i loaded an earlier save to before all the mods had activated, after the initial load i reloaded the save that was having the problem and it seemed to work. before i tried renistalling xpmse and rerunning fnis, but that didnt seem to help. hope this helps in some way.

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

I simply ended up going back to FNIS 5.5 and XPMSE 2.8 and this issue went away, and so did HDT failing to load.

lordofthedread

lordofthedread

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

IKCrashWarn=1 just enables a warning, it can't help with the crash.

From ini file:

; Info: Crash when game is trying to setup foot IK but there's a problem. Real cause is unknown but for me
;       reinstalling XPMS / XPMSE and rerunning FNIS seemed to fix, some other people reported same result.
;       So we will display a message box when this crash happens recommending the same. Seems related to the
;       StrCmp crash in BF2FB3, maybe.
; Address: BFECC1
; Solution: No solution from here, display warning with helpful tips.

Actually when the warming appears the game is loaded and does not CTD, so desactivating the message might very well allow you to load your save.

Thus said the FootiK crash is still there and it might corrupt your save on the long run, on that I have no idea.

sidfu

sidfu

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

fyi if u useing crash fixes and u get the footik messge the game has crashed.

ive had the footik for a while and enver foound whats causeing it. but i did find a work around to get past it. the footik only comes up when loading a save(for me its from start mentu)

if u make a new game and always load that first before u load your main game u never get the footik.

Bloodfang

Bloodfang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Did anyone found a fix for this ? I've reinstalled FNIS/XPMSE and had XPMSE.esp at the bottom of the load order but the game still manages to find something to bother me and pop the error.

Gagoloth

Gagoloth

(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Did anyone found a fix for this ? I've reinstalled FNIS/XPMSE and had XPMSE.esp at the bottom of the load order but the game still manages to find something to bother me and pop the error.

Honestly this bug is hard to reproduce. After getting this bug initially i did a complete reinstall and i haven't had it since. The best way i found to fix this is to do a complete reinstall of skyrim and all mods. delete everything.

D_ManXX2

D_ManXX2

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

I think it is related to many things loading at game starts and also if you are playing female character and or have female companion with you, will have a high rate of producing this bug. Best work around is having a small ingame indoor room with no npc's around allowing the game load properly. then you can load the last save game normally.