Advice, knowledge, suggestions

WidowPuppy

Hello fellas, ladies. New to LL and in about 3 weeks, will be new to the PC family. Been gaming for over 20 years but I'm currently a console peasant. Got a GTX 980ti inbound though and all that is about to change. Played through Skyrim multiple times years ago and it is to date my favorite single player game of all time. Was never allowed the luxury of real textures and the insane amount of customization and gameplay changing mods though when I played. Now that I'm getting a nice rig, I am really excited to get back into one of my favorite titles with the ability to adjust the aesthetics and mechanics to my personal preference. 

With that being said... I plan on overhauling Skyrim in it's entirety, or at least to the point right before I get a noticeable frame drop. And the first thing I plan on beautifying, is my character. Been watching tutorials on Mod Organizer/Manager and modding in general along with how to set up things like FNIS and SKSE, hopefully that will go smoothly [sure I'll hit some bumps along the way]. But I do feel like the expertise of the Lovers Lab family could guide me in the right direction when it comes to creating my ideal female character. Already purchased TES V Legendary and am just waiting for my PC to arrive so I can install it and start learning more in depth on how to mod Skyrim.

I've gathered a list of what I believe to be all the mods I should need to start my character creation, and that's the reason I'm posting this thread. I'd like to know in advance if I'm missing any essentials or if any of the mods I will list below are redundant. Here's what I've got to get myself started so far.

FNIS

SKSE

SkyUI

Race Menu

Race Morph Menu

Race Menu Precache Killer

Bodyslide

HDT Physics Extension

HDT Breast and Butt Physics

HDT High Heels System

Victorias High Heels Walk

Sexy Idle Animation

Feminine Running

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

Dimonized UNP Body [Not sure if I need this if the Bodyslide comes with the UUNP]

SG Female Texture

SG Female Eybrows

Smile In HD

KS Hairdos HDT Physics

Realistic Ragdoll and Physics

Alternate Start

So... Not sure if any of these will conflict with each other in any way, or if any of these are unnecessary/redundant. Also not sure if load order could jeopardize anything, such as spawning in and not realizing that certain mods are inactive or being overwritten.

Sure I'll come up with some more questions in the future which I can conveniently ask here in this thread. But for now... I am just wondering whether I am overlooking anything or have any conflicting mods?

Looking to create my perfect Skyrim warrior with a smaller frame but bottom heavy, so with that in mind... Appreciate any and all feedback on the list I've constructed, and suggestions are more than welcome. Possible superior mods to any that I have chosen would be great and taken into consideration [Guess some things are based on opinion], but mainly just want to insure that I have all the necessities to begin the character customization. Keep hearing about hands and feet texture mods, but not sure if those are to correct something in some other mods I didn't mention, or whether those are also necessary in my list above.

Ooh, also... Does using a body texture prevent you from changing the complexion of your character? Sorry if that's a dumb question. Been looking through mods for weeks and can't recall seeing many [if any] hispanic, black or even tanned girls.

Thanks guys.

These mods shouldnt conflict in any way.

LOOT is a great tool for sorting your mods and also tells you if there are some errors between mods.

These are kind of personal taste I would say, but you might try checking them out:

A Quality World Map

Bijin NPCs

Cutting Room Floor

Immersive HUD

More HUD

Skyrim Enhanced Camera

Also I dont know if you plan to use many armour mods, but personally I just like to make default ones more sexier hence I am only using a little sexy apparel replacer.

Ooh, also... Does using a body texture prevent you from changing the complexion of your character? Sorry if that's a dumb question. Been looking through mods for weeks and can't recall seeing many [if any] hispanic, black or even tanned girls.

No it doesnt. Complexion is a layer that goes over your current body texture. Lack of these types is just because they are not that popular.

These mods shouldnt conflict in any way.

LOOT is a great tool for sorting your mods and also tells you if there are some errors between mods.

These are kind of personal taste I would say, but you might try checking them out:

A Quality World Map

Bijin NPCs

Cutting Room Floor

Immersive HUD

More HUD

Skyrim Enhanced Camera

Also I dont know if you plan to use many armour mods, but personally I just like to make default ones more sexier hence I am only using a little sexy apparel replacer.

No it doesnt. Complexion is a layer that goes over your current body texture. Lack of these types is just because they are not that popular.

Thanks Seina, much appreciated.

I've got most of the mods you've recommended all ready to go on a seperate list [Just posted what I thought might be necessary for my character creation], along with about 100+ others :) I am however unfamiliar with Cutting Room Floor, so I will look into that one ASAP. Don't mind you guys making any other Mod suggestions that aren't character related though, as I'll be overhauling as much as possible. Any feedback is awesome!

And as far as the Bijin series :( The mod author took down all of his Mods due to people using his work without the only permission requirement he had, which was to simply mention his name. Hopefully he'll have a change of heart and enable them again. For now... they are disabled.

As for the armor mods... I have several in mind, but along the lines of making the default ones sexier as you mentioned. I noticed the UNP Minidresses Collection that looked really good. Will check out Little Sexy Apparel Replacer as well. Anything by Deserter X is godlike or... Godesslike...

And thanks for clearing that up about the complexion options still being viable over a body texture. Can't wait to get my rig and start creating. Probably going to pass out soon as it's like 5:30 in the morning here, but hopefully wake up to more suggestions. Before I pass out, gonna go check out Cutting Room Floor. Thanks again.

Okay, here's a straight up noob question. What happens when you have BBP and equip non supported armor, such as the Tera pack for example? Does this cause clipping, glitches or anything, or does the BBP simply not work while rockin those armors?

If you want a challenge

-Deadly Dragons (expert or insane mode)

-Revenge of the enemies

Want some slightly or really overpowered magic to fight the stronger enemies.

-Midas Magic both normal and remastered

-Warriorkeke's guardians of time and space spells (teleporting is pretty much the only reason i keep that mod)

If you want a challenge

-Revenge of the enemies

-Warriorkeke's guardians of time and space spells (teleporting is pretty much the only reason i keep that mod)

Thanks Ripper. Definitely want some intense combat mods too, the more challenging the better. Thank you sir, will check those out for sure.

If you want a challenge

-Revenge of the enemies

Thanks Ripper. Definitely want some intense combat mods too, the more challenging the better. Thank you sir, will check those out for sure.

I play on master as well, so try that, but be careful on deadly dragons, my male character is my heavy armor guy, 1 bite=dead. With max armor by the way.

Does the original Dimonized UNP mesh work with xp32e, HDT and TBBP, or will I need a modded version of the UNP mesh? Sorry for the nub questions. Trying to learn as much in advance before my Computer arrives so I can hopefully get my first installs correct. Been watching a shitload of tutorials, but with so many in over a four year span, I'm definitely finding conflicting suggestions.

Hello fellas, ladies. New to LL and in about 3 weeks, will be new to the PC family. Been gaming for over 20 years but I'm currently a console peasant. Got a GTX 980ti inbound though and all that is about to change. Played through Skyrim multiple times years ago and it is to date my favorite single player game of all time. Was never allowed the luxury of real textures and the insane amount of customization and gameplay changing mods though when I played. Now that I'm getting a nice rig, I am really excited to get back into one of my favorite titles with the ability to adjust the aesthetics and mechanics to my personal preference. 

With that being said... I plan on overhauling Skyrim in it's entirety, or at least to the point right before I get a noticeable frame drop. And the first thing I plan on beautifying, is my character. Been watching tutorials on Mod Organizer/Manager and modding in general along with how to set up things like FNIS and SKSE, hopefully that will go smoothly [sure I'll hit some bumps along the way]. But I do feel like the expertise of the Lovers Lab family could guide me in the right direction when it comes to creating my ideal female character. Already purchased TES V Legendary and am just waiting for my PC to arrive so I can install it and start learning more in depth on how to mod Skyrim.

I've gathered a list of what I believe to be all the mods I should need to start my character creation, and that's the reason I'm posting this thread. I'd like to know in advance if I'm missing any essentials or if any of the mods I will list below are redundant. Here's what I've got to get myself started so far.

FNIS

SKSE

SkyUI

Race Menu

Race Morph Menu

Bodyslide

HDT Physics Extension

HDT High Heels System

Sexy Idle Animation

Feminine Running

Dimonized UNP Body [Not sure if I need this if the Bodyslide comes with the UUNP]

SG Female Texture

SG Female Eybrows

Smile In HD

KS Hairdos HDT Physics

Alternate Start

So... Not sure if any of these will conflict with each other in any way, or if any of these are unnecessary/redundant. Also not sure if load order could jeopardize anything, such as spawning in and not realizing that certain mods are inactive or being overwritten.

Sure I'll come up with some more questions in the future which I can conveniently ask here in this thread. But for now... I am just wondering whether I am overlooking anything or have any conflicting mods?

Looking to create my perfect Skyrim warrior with a smaller frame but bottom heavy, so with that in mind... Appreciate any and all feedback on the list I've constructed, and suggestions are more than welcome. Possible superior mods to any that I have chosen would be great and taken into consideration [Guess some things are based on opinion], but mainly just want to insure that I have all the necessities to begin the character customization. Keep hearing about hands and feet texture mods, but not sure if those are to correct something in some other mods I didn't mention, or whether those are also necessary in my list above.

Thanks guys.

Some notes:

1) This isn't really important, and you may already know, but the way you wrote it just made me want to clarify. Showracemenu Precache Killer isn't actually for the RaceMenu mod, it's for the vanilla game. Of course, it can and should be used with the RaceMenu mod, but you can use it without as well.

2) XPMSE is absolutely necessary if you are using HDT; do not ever think about getting rid of it. Also, two of the mods you have put on your list contain their own skeletons (Feminine Running and Realistic Ragdolls). You can use these mods with XPMSE, but only if you are using the skeletons from XPMSE; if you let those mods overwrite XPMSE, you will have to reinstall them.

3) HDT Breast and Butt Physics is not actually required to make your breasts and butt bounce. HDT does that on its own; the mod you listed says on the Nexus that it adds its own physics, but it is really just tweaking the bouncing physics to the author's liking. The HDTBBP mod is also a lot bouncier than normal HDT, so if over-exaggerated bounce isn't your thing, you may want to look into getting a different preset, making your own, or sticking with default HDT.

4) UUNP is a slider set (more of a custom BodySlide) for use with the Dimonized UNP body. You cannot get rid of Dimonized UNP, because UUNP isn't actually a body, it is just some sliders for the body, which is UNP. Moreover, you don't actually need to use UUNP, because UUNP has been incorporated into BodySlide. All you need is BodySlide and UNP.

5) HDT and BBP/TBBP are two different things. HDT expands the physics engine already present in vanilla Skyrim and applies it to other things, such as our favorite female jiggly bits. BBP/TBBP refer to animations that give the illusion that your breasts and butt bounce as you move around. Definitely don't use both; just use HDT.

Everything looks pretty good though :D

I would recommend some other mods and other tools and such, but my list goes into 250+ mods, so feel free to message me if you have any specific questions or are looking for certain types of mods. I would be glad to help.

Happy modding!

FNIS

SKSE

SkyUI

Race Menu

Race Morph Menu

Bodyslide

HDT Physics Extension

HDT High Heels System

Sexy Idle Animation

Feminine Running

SG Female Texture

SG Female Eybrows

Smile In HD

KS Hairdos HDT Physics

Alternate Start

Thanks guys.

Some notes:

1) This isn't really important, and you may already know, but the way you wrote it just made me want to clarify. Showracemenu Precache Killer isn't actually for the RaceMenu mod, it's for the vanilla game. Of course, it can and should be used with the RaceMenu mod, but you can use it without as well.

2) XPMSE is absolutely necessary if you are using HDT; do not ever think about getting rid of it. Also, two of the mods you have put on your list contain their own skeletons (Feminine Running and Realistic Ragdolls). You can use these mods with XPMSE, but only if you are using the skeletons from XPMSE; if you let those mods overwrite XPMSE, you will have to reinstall them.

3) HDT Breast and Butt Physics is not actually required to make your breasts and butt bounce. HDT does that on its own; the mod you listed says on the Nexus that it adds its own physics, but it is really just tweaking the bouncing physics to the author's liking. The HDTBBP mod is also a lot bouncier than normal HDT, so if over-exaggerated bounce isn't your thing, you may want to look into getting a different preset, making your own, or sticking with default HDT.

4) UUNP is a slider set (more of a custom BodySlide) for use with the Dimonized UNP body. You cannot get rid of Dimonized UNP, because UUNP isn't actually a body, it is just some sliders for the body, which is UNP. Moreover, you don't actually need to use UUNP, because UUNP has been incorporated into BodySlide. All you need is BodySlide and UNP.

5) HDT and BBP/TBBP are two different things. HDT expands the physics engine already present in vanilla Skyrim and applies it to other things, such as our favorite female jiggly bits. BBP/TBBP refer to animations that give the illusion that your breasts and butt bounce as you move around. Definitely don't use both; just use HDT.

I would recommend some other mods and other tools and such, but my list goes into 250+ mods, so feel free to message me if you have any specific questions or are looking for certain types of mods. I would be glad to help.

Happy modding!

Thank you so much MrSexyBeast. You have answered so many questions that I could not get answers for anywhere else. Been doing more research for the past 3 days after my initial OP. Found out some things but still needed questions answered, you've done that.

Here is my revised list of necessities [i believe] for my waifu...

NMM

LOOT

SKSE

FNIS

SkyUI

Safety Load

PreCache Killer

Unofficial Legendary Patch

Race Menu

Dimoized UNP

Realistic Ragdolls and force [seems a lot of other mods require this]

XP32E [Allow to overwrite RR&F]

HDT-PE

HDT HighHeels System

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

Mature Skin

SG Brows

KS HDT Hairdos

Eyes Of Beauty

83Willow's Whiter teeth

Smile In HD

Better Make Up for SKSE

Skyrim Enhanced High Polygon UUNP Sliders

Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT

Custom_Female_Voice_Series_WIP... Type 3A

Hopefully that install order will suffice, correct me If anything should be reordered. Will also run LOOT after installing those to sort the plug in order. If there's any essentials I overlooked as far as the character, please feel free to let me know, suggest away.

Did have a couple little questions though...

1. Will all female NPC's obtain randomly different hairdos from the KS HDT hairdos and remodeled armor that I've chosen, along with brows, skin, teeth, etc?

2. Will a smaller breasted character experience issues with the breasts caving into the chest while running with HDT, as I've heard? Or can I simply re weight them in the Race Menu sliders to correct that? BTW, hopefully those Enhanced BodySlide sliders I listed don't interfere with Race Menu Sliders, probably not though.

3. 250+ mods, impressive! Hopefully I can get up there, but keep hearing about this 3.1 limit. So for example, If I download Beth's 2k textures, then the Unofficial 2k Textures, then individual Textures... They will overwrite each other only replacing individual textures that the previous ones had but adding ones that they might not have?

4. Can Customizable Camera, Enhanced Camera and 360 Walk and Run Plus co exist peacefully together, lol.

I can go on, but I'll leave it at that. Thank you so much again MrSexyBeast. You're previous post already explained a lot. Thinking I might even get this right on my first try [shouldn't jinx myself] thanks to lots of research and your helpful tips.

I do plan on overhauling everything visually, starting with the character, then the environment, then some animation/combat tweaks. I've got several lists compiled for each category. One step at a time though I suppose, and... wifey comes first.

As you are starting out follow the S.T.E.P guide. ( http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 ) (Main Page for other bits  http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page)

Ah, thanks SpoonSinger. Will study up on those links you posted. Much appreciated.

FNIS
SKSE
SkyUI
Race Menu
Race Morph Menu
Bodyslide
HDT Physics Extension
HDT High Heels System
Sexy Idle Animation
Feminine Running
SG Female Texture
SG Female Eybrows
Smile In HD
KS Hairdos HDT Physics
Alternate Start

Thanks guys.

Some notes:

Happy modding!

Thank you so much MrSexyBeast. You have answered so many questions that I could not get answers for anywhere else. Been doing more research for the past 3 days after my initial OP. Found out some things but still needed questions answered, you've done that.

Here is my revised list of necessities [i believe] for my waifu...

NMM
LOOT
SKSE
FNIS
SkyUI
Safety Load
PreCache Killer
Unofficial Legendary Patch
Race Menu
Dimoized UNP
Realistic Ragdolls and force [seems a lot of other mods require this]
XP32E [Allow to overwrite RR&F]
HDT-PE
HDT HighHeels System
BodySlide and Outfit Studio
Mature Skin
SG Brows
KS HDT Hairdos
Eyes Of Beauty
83Willow's Whiter teeth
Smile In HD
Better Make Up for SKSE
Skyrim Enhanced High Polygon UUNP Sliders
Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT
Custom_Female_Voice_Series_WIP... Type 3A

Hopefully that install order will suffice, correct me If anything should be reordered. Will also run LOOT after installing those to sort the plug in order. If there's any essentials I overlooked as far as the character, please feel free to let me know, suggest away.

Did have a couple little questions though...

1. Will all female NPC's obtain randomly different hairdos from the KS HDT hairdos and remodeled armor that I've chosen, along with brows, skin, teeth, etc?

2. Will a smaller breasted character experience issues with the breasts caving into the chest while running with HDT, as I've heard? Or can I simply re weight them in the Race Menu sliders to correct that? BTW, hopefully those Enhanced BodySlide sliders I listed don't interfere with Race Menu Sliders, probably not though.

3. 250+ mods, impressive! Hopefully I can get up there, but keep hearing about this 3.1 limit. So for example, If I download Beth's 2k textures, then the Unofficial 2k Textures, then individual Textures... They will overwrite each other only replacing individual textures that the previous ones had but adding ones that they might not have?

4. Can Customizable Camera, Enhanced Camera and 360 Walk and Run Plus co exist peacefully together, lol.

I can go on, but I'll leave it at that. Thank you so much again MrSexyBeast. You're previous post already explained a lot. Thinking I might even get this right on my first try [shouldn't jinx myself] thanks to lots of research and your helpful tips.

I do plan on overhauling everything visually, starting with the character, then the environment, then some animation/combat tweaks. I've got several lists compiled for each category. One step at a time though I suppose, and... wifey comes first.

As you are starting out follow the S.T.E.P guide. ( http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 ) (Main Page for other bits http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page)

Ah, thanks SpoonSinger. Will study up on those links you posted. Much appreciated.

A few notes/suggestions before I get to your main questions...

-You likely already know this, but make sure to overwrite Willow's Whiter Teeth with Smile in HD.
-You might stumble across a mod called Stable uGridsToLoad, and lots of people praise it and such, so you might think about getting it. Don't. Ever. More than that, do not change your uGrids from 5, ever. This can be an attractive thing to do, because the higher your uGrids are, the more distance objects and NPCs are loaded, making your game look prettier, but it has the potential to screw things up. Not only is it extremely performance intensive, but it can trigger quest events to play before you've even seen them. Skyrim was made to keep uGrids on 5, so you should probably do just that.

-Do not use NMM. Use Mod Organizer. Mod Organizer is more difficult and more tedious, but so much better. You will thank Talos for saving you from hours of pain and frustration. Check out Gopher's videos on how to use it.
-Also use TES5Edit to clean any dirty mods and the vanilla esm files (except Skyrim.esm, don't clean that). Read up on some guides on how to clean any mods that need it, it's pretty easy. Be careful though, some mods will explicitly tell you not to clean them; these are rare, but check mod descriptions for this, the author will tell you. Don't clean any mods that are already clean as well. Again, I think Gopher has videos on this.
-Read up on and install ENBoost, it is amazing and helps with performance soooo much. I dunno, does Gopher have videos on this? Maybe.

1) Skin and teeth textures will be replaced and appear on NPCs. Mods that add non-generic NPCs may not use these textures though. Brows will as well, unless the brow mod you are using simply adds extra brows, instead of retexturing vanilla ones. SG Female Brows might be standalone, so I recommend getting the "Brows" mod as well; that will retexture for you. Hair will be replaced only on your character, although modded NPCs and NPC replacers will have their own nice-looking hair. I don't believe there is a KS Hairdos NPC overhaul available, but there is one for ApachiiSkyHair (if you use ApachiiSkyHair and want the hair on non-generic NPCs, DON'T get ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul, DO get ApachiiSkyHair for NPCs). You can also just use an NPC Overhaul instead, but these will also add textures, and won't apply to as large of a range of NPCs. Remodeled Armor will appear on NPCs if you install the Replacer version instead of the Standalone version (either will be a separate file for it or an option for it in the installer). Another method if you want to use the Standalone version but still want NPCs wearing that armor is to add it to the leveled lists (requires some CK and/or TES5Edit knowledge; not really necessary if you use the replacer version, so I don't recommend it.

2) The enhanced sliders you put on your list will not interfere with RaceMenu. You also can't actually use RaceMenu on anyone other than your own character, but if NPCs are having breast issues, you can always use the setnpcweight, disable, and enable commands on an NPC (by clicking on them with console open) and that should help. I've never had any issues with it, but everyone has different experiences. HDT has issues with fps over 60, so enable VSync and set it to 55-60 (VSync is an option in ENBoost).

3) Some texture mods have this issue, some don't. I recommend using the Texture Pack Combiner mod to fix any issues and more. Using DDSOpt will also help with texture optimization (although, if a texture mod tell you that textures have already been optimized and should not be run through DDSOpt, like "Brows", you should not).

4) There shouldn't be many issues because these mods do different things, but I don't know much about these except for Enhanced Camera so I can't say. I've read a few comments stating problems on their own (enhanced camera is awesome though), so use Mod Organizer and uninstall them if you have issues.

(Please excuse any typos, typing on a little phone screen is difficult >_<)

My last tips for you are to always read the entire mod description and to not expect to get everything right on the first try. You will learn with experience and Skyrim can be a difficult game to mod. If you do get it right, then you've done hella well because you might be the first. With all that's said and done though, properly modding this game can be an extremely rewarding experience, so keep at it.

EDIT- Try your best to not uninstall and install mods mid-playthrough unless the mod says you can. Even then, try not to. Lots of big mods can seriously mess up your game if you install or uninstall them midway.

Thanks once again MrSexyBeast. Your in depth explanations are extremely helpful, along with Gophers vids. That dude is a savior to all noobs. :D

I had heard about the Whiter Teeth before Smile in HD [On the SIHD page], assuming I should probably do the same with Brows first if I want the Standalone SG Eyebrows for myself. The Brows one might do just fine for me as well as the NPC's by itself, I'll look into it.

Actually haven't heard of the uGrids Mod, will look into it. [Also, never heard of uGrids at all, lol]. And thanks for the tips about not going over the limit, locking frames, and the ENBoost [which I have heard of], and I do believe Gopher has a video on it. If not... Someone does. If all goes according to plan, I will eventually go with the combo of CoT, RealVision's Performance ENB, and ELFX as far as lighting and effects are concerned.

Did see some instructional vids on TES5Edit along with the cleaning process. Will be adding that to my things to get and study. Ass far as the MO vs NMM. From what I've gathered MO does save some headaches, but... Think my scrub self will start on NMM to learn the basics and eventually nuke all and learn MO at one point. [Talos will most likely punish me and make this happen soon, lol]. Just have so many things to study/learn that it's a little overwhelming atm. SKSE, FNIS, LOOT, NMM, BodySlide, etc...

Always hear how MO is so much of a life saver, but never really heard in detail what it actually helps. Seems like finding files attached to mods to easily remove them. I will be backing up files of anything I ever manually install and keeping them named and dated, hopefully that will help a bit. 

Thanks for all the tips. And yeah... gonna get everything I find essential installed before I actually begin my Questing. Heard the cart ride in the beginning can mess things up fully modded. Might not get Alternate Start, unless I should? Was thinking  about just playing past the cart ride part, getting to a good save point [with extra saves], then modding away, and checking out the outcomes before proceeding to install more or begin the adventure.

Thanks once again MrSexyBeast. Your in depth explanations are extremely helpful, along with Gophers vids. That dude is a savior to all noobs. :D

I had heard about the Whiter Teeth before Smile in HD [On the SIHD page], assuming I should probably do the same with Brows first if I want the Standalone SG Eyebrows for myself. The Brows one might do just fine for me as well as the NPC's by itself, I'll look into it.

Actually haven't heard of the uGrids Mod, will look into it. [Also, never heard of uGrids at all, lol]. And thanks for the tips about not going over the limit, locking frames, and the ENBoost [which I have heard of], and I do believe Gopher has a video on it. If not... Someone does. If all goes according to plan, I will eventually go with the combo of CoT, RealVision's Performance ENB, and ELFX as far as lighting and effects are concerned.

Did see some instructional vids on TES5Edit along with the cleaning process. Will be adding that to my things to get and study. Ass far as the MO vs NMM. From what I've gathered MO does save some headaches, but... Think my scrub self will start on NMM to learn the basics and eventually nuke all and learn MO at one point. [Talos will most likely punish me and make this happen soon, lol]. Just have so many things to study/learn that it's a little overwhelming atm. SKSE, FNIS, LOOT, NMM, BodySlide, etc...

Always hear how MO is so much of a life saver, but never really heard in detail what it actually helps. Seems like finding files attached to mods to easily remove them. I will be backing up files of anything I ever manually install and keeping them named and dated, hopefully that will help a bit. 

Thanks for all the tips. And yeah... gonna get everything I find essential installed before I actually begin my Questing. Heard the cart ride in the beginning can mess things up fully modded. Might not get Alternate Start, unless I should? Was thinking  about just playing past the cart ride part, getting to a good save point [with extra saves], then modding away, and checking out the outcomes before proceeding to install more or begin the adventure.

SG Female Brows is a standalone mod, meaning it simply adds more brow styles for you to choose during character creation. It shouldn't conflict with the Brows mod in any way, so the install order shouldn't matter.

Don't worry too much about uGrids, just know that you should not get the Stable uGridsToLoad. It calls on the wrong memory functions, which can lead to memory corruption and constant CTDs (taken from Nazenn's Masterlist of Dangerous Mods).

If you haven't played Skyrim before, I recommend playing the vanilla opening. With that said, some people find the placement of the character creation in the middle of the vanilla opening to be immersion-breaking, so if you prefer to create your character beforehand, you can install Alternate Start and use the "Caught Crossing the Border Illegally" option, which will start the vanilla opening, just with more fluidity.

As for NMM and MO...

You should be fine if you make sure to back everything up, but I will still recommend MO. Of course, it is your decision, and I used NMM for the longest time and still managed to play (although I would spend up to three or more weeks modding my game and sorting out issues before I could).

MO is good because it uses virtual folders for all of your mods, meaning that it doesn't actually alter the vanilla Skyrim files. This not only means that testing mods is extremely easy, but if a mod is being problematic for you, you can simply untick it in MO, and it will be pretty much the same as having never installed it (in terms of files). NMM can leave edits and missing files when uninstalling mods, resulting in you having to completely reinstall the game if you mess up too hard. MO will also tell you what mods overwrite files of other mods, and what mods come in non-standard packaging, allowing you to pinpoint conflicts rather easily.

All in all though, the most learning you'll get is from experience, and overloading you with information can have a negative effect. Good luck, and feel free to message if you have questions. :D

Archived