House Party by Eek! Games (Updated 2/17/17)

Hey guys,

Here’s another beta version of House Party! There are some really cool updates in this version including the hilariously appropriate ability to whip your member out. This new mechanic of the game will be useful for upcoming scanarios including the new endings you’ve been waiting for. In the meantime, you can play around with the mechanic and watch the various reactions you get. My goal is to have the characters continually be aware of their surroundings, and in turn, they will react to you doing things of that nature in front of them. There’s even a use for the new mechanic to progress further in one of the story-lines. Press the “P” key while playing to toggle between pulling it out, and putting it back in your pants.

Change Log:

Optimized model textures

Optimized models

Fixed a glitch with characters walking through doors

Added to Katherine’s story-line

Added ability to take out penis

Added humorous quips by all NPCs when player takes out his penis near them

Implemented foundation for upcoming scenes.

Fixed various other bugs

Modified player so he can see his own lower body

Player now actually loses clothes in strip cards

Changed the field of view on the camera to prevent warping on the sides of the screen.

Updated the strip poker game to make it harder to cheat

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

It’s been a bit, and I just wanted to let you all know what I’m currently working on, and also get some feedback for direction. For those who haven’t been keeping up with the blog, House Party is in the middle of a huge revamp including a complete redesign of the house, as well as a redesign of the models from the ground up to be more suited for what I need. I am working with a graphic designer and he just finished up redesigning Brittney, and I was really happy with the result, so I will be moving forward and having him redesign all of the models in the game. Moving away from Daz allows me to have lightweight models that will perform well in the game, and also be detailed where I need them to be, and flexible enough to take this game to the next level (which I know you’ve all been waiting for).

In case you missed the previous posts, here’s a link to a video showing the new model and house design:

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m starting to add content back into the game, which means soon I will have a playable beta version for you guys. Before I got back into writing the storylines though, I wanted to get a feel for what kind of game you guys want. Initially, House Party was more of a puzzle type game with a wacky sense of humor. Do you guys enjoy that format, and should I continue to just refine what it was? Or are you guys more interested in a more realistic sim type of situation where you would simply try to relationship build with the girls and try to woo them over by asking the right questions and making the right response choices? Do you want light back-stories and more gameplay, or immersive backstories less gameplay? Or do you want all of the above? Let me know what you guys think, and I will be listening attentively as I approach re-writing the storylines.

For those of you reading this for the first time and new to House Party, you can grab the latest version here:

All if possible! But gamer greediness aside, what I'd really like to see implemented is a savegame syatem, specially if you intend to introsuce more atory braching and/or more points where you can screw things up.

That being said, I certainly liked the puzzley parts of it, so I would enjoy either a refinement of that or of the social part. If it serves as a suggestion, it would be interesting to see alternate ways to solve a puzzle/story arch.

An example of the first would be luring the bully to beat drunk guy away from the table, so you can grab one of the bottles while he is not seeing you. A (way more complex) example of the second would be a side with one sister/side with the other sister story choice (right now the optimal way to go is do the first sister storyline, and then piss her off doing the other sister's biding in order to access the strip card segment).

And sorry for no remembering the character's names. It's been a while.

Edit: It seems that my memory is screwed and I posted some of these suggestions a while ago. I apologise for that; it was wholly unintentional, I swear.

Wow, the new house looks awesome! The fire effects look great and the textures are spot on. Glad to see you will be using blurry windows, since the street image from the other house was kind of...immersion-breaking. The new model is amazing too! The render image doesn't look too attractive in my opinion, but the in-game model is 10 times better. I wish it had some voice acting to go along, but there are plenty of priorities to worry about before such details come in play. Graphically the game is excellent, so thumbs up for that!

As for the question, I think you had a very interesting gameplay model so far. A linear puzzle game akin to classic adventure games sure is entertaining. For a short game is great, but unfortunately it doesn't give much replay value. Seeing you refining the format sounds very interesting indeed, adding more puzzles, scenes and perhaps more spicy things. Branching story paths could work nicely too, with some situations where you can choose to do one thing or the other, but never both. I'm not the only one requesting it, but it could give more replay value and more meaningful feedback of the player.

But your idea of producing a sim-type of game is really interesting too. Maybe it will be a little hard to do it properly within the limitations of a single night party, but seeing this kind of model on a management style dating sim could be groundbreaking. Maybe like a daily life thing in a boarding house with plenty of hot chicks you can chat and seduce, along with the usual morons who make your life hard. You can have some limited actions per day and a time limit to get one of the girls. But that looks too ambitious, so it may be better to stick with the original plan.

As for things I'd love to see, it would definitively pick erotic scenes above everything else. Getting the chicks naked is fun, but when you know there's nothing else after that it's kind of pointless. Adding a sex system would be crazy hard, I know, and even sync animations with the player's body can be a pain...but maybe you can take advantage of the camera idea, and implement a photography system. If the relationship with the girl is high enough, you can have her agree to pose for some pictures - at least, if the only erotic feedback is having them naked, why not have them do nice poses to make use of that fact?

All if possible! But gamer greediness aside, what I'd really like to see implemented is a savegame syatem, specially if you intend to introsuce more atory braching and/or more points where you can screw things up.

That being said, I certainly liked the puzzley parts of it, so I would enjoy either a refinement of that or of the social part. If it serves as a suggestion, it would be interesting to see alternate ways to solve a puzzle/story arch.

An example of the first would be luring the bully to beat drunk guy away from the table, so you can grab one of the bottles while he is not seeing you. A (way more complex) example of the second would be a side with one sister/side with the other sister story choice (right now the optimal way to go is do the first sister storyline, and then piss her off doing the other sister's biding in order to access the strip card segment).

And sorry for no remembering the character's names. It's been a while.

Edit: It seems that my memory is screwed and I posted some of these suggestions a while ago. I apologise for that; it was wholly unintentional, I swear.

I thought these suggestions seemed familiar. :P  No worries.  I appreciate the interest and input.  Thank you!

Wow, the new house looks awesome! The fire effects look great and the textures are spot on. Glad to see you will be using blurry windows, since the street image from the other house was kind of...immersion-breaking. The new model is amazing too! The render image doesn't look too attractive in my opinion, but the in-game model is 10 times better. I wish it had some voice acting to go along, but there are plenty of priorities to worry about before such details come in play. Graphically the game is excellent, so thumbs up for that!

As for the question, I think you had a very interesting gameplay model so far. A linear puzzle game akin to classic adventure games sure is entertaining. For a short game is great, but unfortunately it doesn't give much replay value. Seeing you refining the format sounds very interesting indeed, adding more puzzles, scenes and perhaps more spicy things. Branching story paths could work nicely too, with some situations where you can choose to do one thing or the other, but never both. I'm not the only one requesting it, but it could give more replay value and more meaningful feedback of the player.

But your idea of producing a sim-type of game is really interesting too. Maybe it will be a little hard to do it properly within the limitations of a single night party, but seeing this kind of model on a management style dating sim could be groundbreaking. Maybe like a daily life thing in a boarding house with plenty of hot chicks you can chat and seduce, along with the usual morons who make your life hard. You can have some limited actions per day and a time limit to get one of the girls. But that looks too ambitious, so it may be better to stick with the original plan.

As for things I'd love to see, it would definitively pick erotic scenes above everything else. Getting the chicks naked is fun, but when you know there's nothing else after that it's kind of pointless. Adding a sex system would be crazy hard, I know, and even sync animations with the player's body can be a pain...but maybe you can take advantage of the camera idea, and implement a photography system. If the relationship with the girl is high enough, you can have her agree to pose for some pictures - at least, if the only erotic feedback is having them naked, why not have them do nice poses to make use of that fact?

Thanks for the feedback!  I am very close to having a working save system.  The inventory items are proving to be a bit of a pain in that aspect, but otherwise, we are getting there.  I also do very much like the camera aspect, and allowing the player to go around and take photos for their own gallerias.  That is something that I think is most likely coming.  The sex stuff is going to prove to be difficult, but the designer I am working with also does animations, so I am hoping we end up with something really unique and that you don't see elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! We're finished up with the Madison revision and I just wanted to show it off to all of you. Check out the earrings and how they hang off her head with their own physics. Very cool stuff. We also went very different on her face and body shape than Brittney to ensure we have good variety in the game. We intend to keep this pattern up so all of the girls look very different from one another and give a better sense of reality in game!

For those of you reading this for the first time and new to House Party, you can grab the latest version for free here:

I like the new design! Especially her clothes, it looks a lot more fashionable than before - at least for me. The lighting is a bit weak on her though, since it looks like there's no real source of light anywhere near her, plus she has no shadow. But it's just a minor nitpick on my part, so far so good! Keep it up!

I like the new design! Especially her clothes, it looks a lot more fashionable than before - at least for me. The lighting is a bit weak on her though, since it looks like there's no real source of light anywhere near her, plus she has no shadow. But it's just a minor nitpick on my part, so far so good! Keep it up!

Thanks!  I think that's just the way the light is hitting her at that particular place in the house.  She's got some lights behind her, and also in front, so there aren't really any shadows going on.  My plan for Madison is to have her walking around the house during the party, so she will have "hang out spots", so that's just somewhere she's chilling while I'm working on things. :)

The model is great! As a minir nitpickey criticism though, the lightning/colouring in the house seems a bit odd, like it makes the enviroment too "plain" and depthless. But otherwise I also like the design of the house! Can't way to test ir.

I played thru the game this morning. For a beta, it´s great!

some minor points:

It took me quite some time to find the bottle to the left side of the desk with the safe. Almost invisible, unless you really squeeze to the wall. 

Once she got topless, Stephanie´s breasts started to flutter like mad. I have seen similar things happening in Skyrim when the skeleton_female.hkx file was missing.

The interior still looks very empty and lifeless, also the lighting in the room where they play High Card is rather dull. Nothing to bring out the beautiful body models you use.

Ginger, the red haired girl in the garage: If I were her, I would have hollered and banged the door like mad, hoping anybody can hear me.- Especially, if there is a party going on in there and I came for it!

nice game and found a bug when i got Stephanie her drinks she bumped in a wall i guess topless and she collapsed and couldn't intereact with her anymore and sorry didn't take a screenshot and later will try to recreate it (probs after easter) and it looked all wrong and IK it was the latesst version i coudl get as downloaded it not too long ago and saw no post after it telling of a new version.

Hey everyone,

The Ashley model is almost finished, and she is looking really good! I will be posting her when she is finished in probably just another couple of days.

In the meantime, I wanted to show off some of the Physics and AI interaction that I've been working on for the characters in the upcoming build of House Party.

Here's a video showcasing some of what's to come, and the description of what's happening is below.

The characters in the game are going to be much more variable depending on the mood they are in, and also how much they like you. In the video, we see that I first introduce myself to Madison, and she has a very plain expression when she first chit-chat's with me. After I find out her phone is missing (and I creepily happen to already have it on me), I give her the phone, and she is ecstatic and thanks me. Now you'll notice when I walk up to her again, since I am familiar to her, and she likes me much better now that I returned her phone to her, she will now smile when she sees me approach her. This can also unlock other storyline options.

Notice she also decides to walk around the house periodically, and chooses a new spot to hang out.

After following her downstairs, I decide to do something to make her mood take a turn for the worse (and also show off some physics of the game). You'll see that you can now pick up and move any object in the game. I pick up a chair and walk it over to Madison, and I kick it at her feet, causing her to fall over. The first time it happens, she writes it off as a clumsy mistake, and she is in too good of a mood to care because she got her phone back, so she shrugs it off and doesn't make a big deal about it. The second time it happens, she gets agitated, and you can see the angry look on her face after she falls over. She then decides to leave the room. I follow her upstairs and approach her, and instead of smiling when she sees me, she frowns letting me know something's wrong. I try to talk to her, and she tells me "not now".

Madison's bad mood is a temporary thing, and will increase over time during the game, or I can use certain mechanics of the game and dialogues to increase her mood. She still has a completely separate feeling about how much she likes me, and when she is in a better mood, she will start talking to me again. This will be different from previous versions of the game, where you could sometimes back yourself into a corner by making a girl angry with you. Now, instead of permanently being angry, if you do upset a girl to the point where she doesn't want to talk to you, you can wait it out, or try to cheer her up, and she will eventually warm up to you again.

Enjoy!

Hey guys,

Here's another character reveal in the redesign!  This time it's Ashley, Madison's sister!  Her design is loosely based on Emily Ratajkowski.  Note that as the graphic designer and myself are moving along, we are refining the process and the models are getting better and better.  Ashley is definitely his best work yet, and after further discussing with him, we will be going back and revamping the first few models after we get the whole lot of them done to bring the quality to its fullest all around the board!

In this video, we also see some new AI behavior, where the characters are aware of their surroundings and respond to things like items being thrown around or waved in front of them.  They can also respond to things like characters walking into a room, other characters falling down or being hurt, and also to lights being turning on and off in the house.  These things can also affect their mood.  Notice how by the end of the video, between what was said to her, and the annoyance of the objects being tossed around, Ashley starts pouting indicating she's not happy.  This adds another layer of realism to the sim and AI that really helps the immersion!

If you're new to the House Party game, you can download the latest build here:

It's really going well, but is it my impression or are her tits smaller now?

They are smaller.  One thing we are trying to do when designing the models is to create unique body-shapes between them all.  Back when I was using the Daz characters, the issue was that they all looked the same naked.  In this case, we reduced Ashley's breast size, but we may increase other breast sizes on some of the other models.  We just want to make sure there's a good variety. :)

It's really going well, but is it my impression or are her tits smaller now?

They are smaller.  One thing we are trying to do when designing the models is to create unique body-shapes between them all.  Back when I was using the Daz characters, the issue was that they all looked the same naked.  In this case, we reduced Ashley's breast size, but we may increase other breast sizes on some of the other models.  We just want to make sure there's a good variety. :)

Nice to see this kind of variety, can't wait to play the new version, keep up the good work :D

I agree Ashley being his best work so far, especially the arms look A LOT better than the ones I had seen on the first 2 models rework. It seems there still are some problems with the legs (as clearly visible at the end of the video) and maybe also with the chest area not looking fully natural to me yet, but I'm sure he will improve those things too like he improved the arms.

I absolutely love the fact that you guys want to give each girl a unique body, that's amazing and all games (even AAA productions) should do that with their female characters. Please give each girl variety especially with boobs, nipples (different sizes, shapes, colors, puffiness etc.) and vaginas, but also body size/shape and height. This will make your game really stick out and be amazing to play and look at.

I also have some gameplay suggestions, if you are interested.

Can't wait for next update!

I agree Ashley being his best work so far, especially the arms look A LOT better than the ones I had seen on the first 2 models rework. It seems there still are some problems with the legs (as clearly visible at the end of the video) and maybe also with the chest area not looking fully natural to me yet, but I'm sure he will improve those things too like he improved the arms.

I absolutely love the fact that you guys want to give each girl a unique body, that's amazing and all games (even AAA productions) should do that with their female characters. Please give each girl variety especially with boobs, nipples (different sizes, shapes, colors, puffiness etc.) and vaginas, but also body size/shape and height. This will make your game really stick out and be amazing to play and look at.

I also have some gameplay suggestions, if you are interested.

Can't wait for next update!

That's definitely the idea.  We want to make the girls as different as possible and keep within the realm of reality, and of course have some scenarios which are a tad unrealistic, (like Brittney's huge boobs and small frame).  I agree that Ashley's chest needs a little more definition, but I feel it's only with the shirt on.  She actually looks fantastic with it off.  It could just be the cleavage needs a little love.

Sure, I'd love to hear your ideas.  I'm in the middle of a rewrite so I am open to hearing suggestions.

That's definitely the idea.  We want to make the girls as different as possible and keep within the realm of reality, and of course have some scenarios which are a tad unrealistic, (like Brittney's huge boobs and small frame).  I agree that Ashley's chest needs a little more definition, but I feel it's only with the shirt on.  She actually looks fantastic with it off.  It could just be the cleavage needs a little love.

Sure, I'd love to hear your ideas.  I'm in the middle of a rewrite so I am open to hearing suggestions.

Yeah Ashley's and also Madison's chests need a bit more work in my opinion they looked really good even clothed with the previous models and it was great because you just couldn't wait to get them naked haha.

Ok first of all I wanted to report a few bugs to you, some of them you might know about already but some you might not know:

- There's some clipping with girl's underwear (I think you already know this)

- After Stephanie passes out and she's laying on the floor her boobs often go completly apeshit and won't stop moving.

- If instead of clicking "say cheese" you exit the conversation with Katherine (by clicking the right mouse button) while she is waiting for you to take a pic  you will get stucked because even if you talk to her again there's no way to take the pic and move on with the story.

- After killing Frank, if you accidentally walk into the iron shelves on the ground you will push them forward and they might end up blocking the door and

you can't jump so you will be stucked there and will need to restart (has happened to me).

Ok that's it for bugs, now I would like to give you some suggestions about the gameplay, I do know it's a WIP so you probably were going to add more things (like sex!!!!) but yeah, I think you should add more people in the house, especially girls. Also I think as of right now it is way too easy to get the girls naked or get the girls to like you, for example Madison you just pay her one compliment and give her phone back and she's invinting you in her room to get naked...I think you can improve that aspect and make every girl harder to "crack", expanding the "acquaintances" and "friends" parts of the game with each girls, building up little by little a deeper connection with them that will eventually lead to them naked (and hopefully sex once you implement it).

You can achieve this by adding up subtle sweet talk in different occasions and more small/big favors. I don't know, for example after getting to know Madison better she might tell you that she is upset because the boiler in her house has stopped working and you can offer to repair it and you can add a minigame for the player to solve, and once you repaired it maybe some girl will take a shower for/with you? Or maybe you can spy her somehow while she is showering? I don't know I'm just throwing some ideas haha.

Another suggestion could be making so that the story branches out differently according to your actions/decisions, there might be different ways to "conquer" a girl and maybe it would be cool if your actions will decide which girls you get naked and which you don't in this playthrough. Having multiple paths would surely give the game a big replay value.

Last thing, did I ever mention sex? Hahah, I know it is going to be really hard to do but please try your best to add sex (strip game is really nice and fun but not enough xD).

Keep up the good work and keep us updated!