House Party by Eek! Games (Updated 2/17/17)

splash800.png

Hey guys,

I've been working on a new game for a few months now called House Party, and the game is currently in its second beta version.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. There are multiple story-paths and different outcomes based on your decisions, and the game will split off into different endings based on them.

The game is built with Unity, and right now I'm only offering a Windows 64&32 bit version.

I am giving the game out for free at the moment to garner interest and optional backing in my developments and mostly looking for feedback. Very much appreciate anybody willing to play and respond! Play instructions are on the link.

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

Still trying to figure out how to get rid of Frank, but, this is really cool!

Add some sex and the planned blackmail line (and more sex  ;) ), and maybe some more... ha! Who'm I kidding, I'd like to bang'em all.  :D

There might be others, but I've seen only one that uses this tech/style to create an adult game (Xmoon, I think?). Not too easy, not too difficult; humorous and sexy. Mighty good work, and with a bit more polish this will be spectacular!

Still trying to figure out how to get rid of Frank, but, this is really cool!

Add some sex and the planned blackmail line (and more sex  ;) ), and maybe some more... ha! Who'm I kidding, I'd like to bang'em all.  :D

There might be others, but I've seen only one that uses this tech/style to create an adult game (Xmoon, I think?). Not too easy, not too difficult; humorous and sexy. Mighty good work, and with a bit more polish this will be spectacular!

Thank you!  Much appreciated!  Yes, I drew some inspiration off of X Story Player, but also some other games I've liked in the past.  There is definitely some more sex and blackmail coming soon. :)

As for Frank, once you get Madison completely naked, you will then have the ability to lure Frank away from his Kitchen post to beat up another drunk person.  If you lure him in the garage, you might find something really big and heavy to drop on his head. :)

Hey guys,

Here’s the latest update of House Party. As usual, this is a quick update following a big one addressing some of the bugs and immediate feedback I’ve gotten since the release of Beta .2. Though mostly minor changes and bug fixes, there has actually been a good deal of new content added to the game. I got a really good suggestion from a supporter to include high-res photos of the girls in various states of undress during the strip game, and I’ve done exactly that. I also feel like the strip game ending yields a bit more of a reward this way as well, so enjoy!

Change Log:

Increased the mass of the rickety shelf so Frank will always be crushed by it.

Fixed an issue where interactive objects could be clicked through user interface interaction.

Fixed an issue where sometimes the interaction menu wouldn’t come up when clicking on a character.

Increased font sizes on dialogues and game messages.

Fixed an issue where some UI elements were cropped off the screen on some resolutions.

Added several reward photos to the strip game.

Adjusted the maximum angle characters can turn their heads to avoid some unnatural looking scenarios.

I played the game, and I have to say I'm impressed! Graphics and especially animations look very good, huge accomplishment for a game like this. The free roaming experience is very enjoyable, with many characters and many ways to screw up. Maybe the conversations are a bit too simple and cheesy, but it's just a minor complaint.

Also worth noting that I had a couple of minor issues, like the skin clipping through the clothing and the NPCs struggling to walk through doors at times. Played the game on the lowest settings, so it may be because of that. But that aside I'll keep an eye out for this game and future updates.

Keep it up!

I played the game, and I have to say I'm impressed! Graphics and especially animations look very good, huge accomplishment for a game like this. The free roaming experience is very enjoyable, with many characters and many ways to screw up. Maybe the conversations are a bit too simple and cheesy, but it's just a minor complaint.

Also worth noting that I had a couple of minor issues, like the skin clipping through the clothing and the NPCs struggling to walk through doors at times. Played the game on the lowest settings, so it may be because of that. But that aside I'll keep an eye out for this game and future updates.

Keep it up!

Thank you!  I am working on the clothes clipping.  It's really just Frank because he's the oldest model I've got in there.  I started dealing with the clipping on the girls first (for obvious reasons).  Which NPC was having a hard time following you?  I would guess Patrick, but that's due to his drunk walk, which I am ok with because somebody that drunk should have a problem walking through doors coherently. :)  If you're seeing something beyond that, please let me know!

Keep it up!

Thank you!  I am working on the clothes clipping.  It's really just Frank because he's the oldest model I've got in there.  I started dealing with the clipping on the girls first (for obvious reasons).  Which NPC was having a hard time following you?  I would guess Patrick, but that's due to his drunk walk, which I am ok with because somebody that drunk should have a problem walking through doors coherently. :)  If you're seeing something beyond that, please let me know!

No problem, it's well deserved praise!

As for the pathing, Frank is the worst case of them all indeed. But both Frank and all the girls tend to struggle between 3 to 10 seconds with each door. Just a minor complaint, so no need to kill yourself over it. Maybe using a trick like deactivating their collision detection for walls on the area around the doors could help?

I finally played through the game and won the strip poker game in the end. Very enjoyable, even if it took some restarts to finally get everything right. There's a glitch with the dancing girl, where if you try to give her alcohol those disappear from the inventory, even if she clearly refuses to take it. Had to restart there because it made the game impossible to complete.

The puzzles were interesting too, even though the shelve crushing solution would have been very hard to deduce if it wasn't because I accidentally read about it on the changelog. All considered, it was a fun little game that took more hours from what I expected. I'll look forward to see what you can expand with it, or what kind of works will you do in the future. Sadly implementing sex seems impossible with this engine, but it's a very fun experience nonetheless. Good work!

Thank you!

Oh yes, they do have a small issue with the doors.  I will take a look at that.  I actually made their colliders bigger a while back to solve a problem with clicking on them not opening dialogues, but I figured out another way to solve that, so maybe I'll try reducing the size of the colliders back down again.

I'm aware of the alcohol bug with Stephanie.  Already have it fixed for next version. :)

Yes, I'm trying to make the puzzles not entirely obvious, but enjoyable.  Sort of in line with Leisure Suit Larry.

Keep it up!

Madison's panties are also visible through her jeans after she takes off her shirt, and both her and the blonde with the massive breasts appear to either have shredded jeans, or their knees clip through on occasion.

​I killed Frank and knocked out Patrick and have all the alcohol from the kitchen and the bottle of Malbec Patrick was carrying, but Madison's sister refuses any wine, the beer, or the rum.  I then gave the Malbec to the dancing girl (her favorite, so I figure it must be for her) and she, as you're aware, asked for more booze, effused everything, but wiped out my stash.

​Was unable to remove Patrick from the room when he was knocked out, and I'm assuming Stephanie is incomplete/glitched.  Otherwise, great game...  Madison's render is EXCELLENT.  Only shearing I'm seeing is on Stephanie, at the upper thigh.  Definitely interested in seeing some more, but I have yet to be able to reach the ending.

Madison's panties are also visible through her jeans after she takes off her shirt, and both her and the blonde with the massive breasts appear to either have shredded jeans, or their knees clip through on occasion.

​I killed Frank and knocked out Patrick and have all the alcohol from the kitchen and the bottle of Malbec Patrick was carrying, but Madison's sister refuses any wine, the beer, or the rum.  I then gave the Malbec to the dancing girl (her favorite, so I figure it must be for her) and she, as you're aware, asked for more booze, effused everything, but wiped out my stash.

​Was unable to remove Patrick from the room when he was knocked out, and I'm assuming Stephanie is incomplete/glitched.  Otherwise, great game...  Madison's render is EXCELLENT.  Only shearing I'm seeing is on Stephanie, at the upper thigh.  Definitely interested in seeing some more, but I have yet to be able to reach the ending.

Yes, Stephanie is glitched, but there's a workaround.  Don't give her any alcohol except the Malbec and the Chardonnay.  She will refuse everything else, but the bug is that it will still come out of your inventory.  As long as you don't give Stephanie anything else than what she is supposed to get, you should have all you need to make the other girls happy.

You should be able to click and drag Patrick around by any of his limbs.

Yes, Stephanie is glitched, but there's a workaround.  Don't give her any alcohol except the Malbec and the Chardonnay.  She will refuse everything else, but the bug is that it will still come out of your inventory.  As long as you don't give Stephanie anything else than what she is supposed to get, you should have all you need to make the other girls happy.

You should be able to click and drag Patrick around by any of his limbs.

Cool, I'll give it a shot.  Fun game; can't wait to see what more is in store!

Hey guys,

Here’s another follow-up build to House Party. This is addressing the last (hopefully) of the issues that some of you have been running into. The Stephanie bug was a big hindrance to completing the game through to the Strip High Card Game, but now it should be smooth sailing! I also added a few new features including an upgrade to the dialogue system where the characters now give hints on how to complete some of the puzzles. I also took out a lot of the silly responses, and added more of a story as to how the gang all know each other. And last but not least, there are now downloadable builds for OSX (Mac) and Linux operating systems! Enjoy!

Change Log:

Fixed a bug where Stephanie would remove alcohol from your inventory even if she refused it.

Gave Frank a new combat animation

Updated multiple dialogues

Added hints about story lines to some NPC dialogues.

Fixed an issue where rag-doll physics would freak out breast physics.

Added support for Mac

Added support for Linux

Added Audio Settings

UI is now scalable

Girls in the Card Game now have tells as to how strong their cards are.

I'm not going to lie, this game needs controller support. I think it's a fair idea and quite intriguing with the balance of witty humor, challenges, plot-twists and other surprises but utilizing the keyboard and mouse can become repetitive seeing that this game has more potential.

Other than that, continue building your game with ease and consider that despite some flaws there's always room for more improvement with additions to increase the replay value.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm taking it one step at a time.  I'm sure I'll visit alternate controls or control mapping at some point.  The biggest challenge with getting people to test it has been the right balance between giving more content and enhancing the gameplay experience.

Just finished the game, very playable for a beta and more polished than I expected. Animations are great, did you make them yourself?

Didn't encounter any bugs except drunk guy getting stuck in the kitchen-living room doorway

Thank you!

The animations are a combination of motion captures and programming (inverse kinematics).  Some I did myself, and others I got from asset packs and other places.

Yes, I think I have a solution worked out for the door thing.  Part of his deal though is that his walk animation drives his motion, and since it's not a very coherent walk, it's hard to get him where he needs to be at times. :)

Very enjoyable little game! Some questions and suggestions if I may.

-A way to save the game in case one does misclick a fatal dialogue option would be quite useful.

-After knocking out Frank, collecting all the drinks on the tables, and giving out to Ashley and the shy blonde girl, neither the dancer nor the philosophy student will accept any of the remainder drinks in my inventory. Is there any specific order I have to give the drinks to each one for all of them to accept them?

-After pranking Madison, there is a line you can ask her how to make it up to her, which automatically ends the conversation. Is that intended?

-I understand it from the viewpoint of the needs of the story, but if you bring Patrick to the bathroom and then tell Frank to beat him, wait until the fight starts and take a bottle from the table, Frank still magically "sees" you and comes back to beat you down. This is pretty unrealistic. Maybe replace this with a line from your character to the effect that "If Frank sees me with the bottle by any chance, he'll beat the hell out of me, so I'd rather not do it right now...", or something like that.

-I0m pretty curious, can you actually lose the cards game?

-A way to save the game in case one does misclick a fatal dialogue option would be quite useful.

-After knocking out Frank, collecting all the drinks on the tables, and giving out to Ashley and the shy blonde girl, neither the dancer nor the philosophy student will accept any of the remainder drinks in my inventory. Is there any specific order I have to give the drinks to each one for all of them to accept them?

-After pranking Madison, there is a line you can ask her how to make it up to her, which automatically ends the conversation. Is that intended?

-I understand it from the viewpoint of the needs of the story, but if you bring Patrick to the bathroom and then tell Frank to beat him, wait until the fight starts and take a bottle from the table, Frank still magically "sees" you and comes back to beat you down. This is pretty unrealistic. Maybe replace this with a line from your character to the effect that "If Frank sees me with the bottle by any chance, he'll beat the hell out of me, so I'd rather not do it right now...", or something like that.

Thanks for the feedback!  I am working on a save feature, though getting through the main storyline simply unlocks the card game and you can go straight to it, and I plan to shape the story to be a little more forgiving in the sense where you won't essentially get rendered unable to move forward.

Katherine should take the Rum from you, and Stephanie will take the Chardonnay and the Malbec.  Have you tried that particular configuration?

Good suggestion about Patrick in the bathroom.

Yes, you can lose the cards game, but then you can simply restart the scene and try again.

Thanks for the feedback! I am working on a save feature, though getting through the main storyline simply unlocks the card game and you can go straight to it, and I plan to shape the story to be a little more forgiving in the sense where you won't essentially get rendered unable to move forward.

Katherine should take the Rum from you, and Stephanie will take the Chardonnay and the Malbec. Have you tried that particular configuration?

Yes, you can lose the cards game, but then you can simply restart the scene and try again.

Wierd, in my game noone accepts the rum (Katherine is the girl with the phone at the start, the one waiting for the boyfriend right?).

Thanks for the feedback! I am working on a save feature, though getting through the main storyline simply unlocks the card game and you can go straight to it, and I plan to shape the story to be a little more forgiving in the sense where you won't essentially get rendered unable to move forward.

Katherine should take the Rum from you, and Stephanie will take the Chardonnay and the Malbec. Have you tried that particular configuration?

Wierd, in my game noone accepts the rum (Katherine is the girl with the phone at the start, the one waiting for the boyfriend right?).

You have to get a ways through her storyline.  You need to be at the point where you've already gotten her to take a nude picture for Frank.