[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 28MAR2024

Are there any plans or thoughts at all to include dogs and horses such as Toska's mod attempted to do? As far as I know that mod is no longer being updated and only partially functional. OR am I completely mistaken and does this mod itself include these events?

So downloaded this because it was on Kotaku...yada yada. I've come to point out as if you weren't painfully already aware, I hope, that almost none of the futanari content works aside from pregnancy. At first, I was just curious to see if Werewolves could rape the Red Sisterhood, seemed like an obvious choice. So I dug in the mod folder, looked at the event scripts and there it was... for male only. So even though I had a dick, I couldn't do it because I was female. First thing I did was redo the event triggers to give the male event to both males and futas and then wrote a female script in localization for them too. It failed... kinda, I got my female script as a futa. I figured I must have coded it wrong, but at least I could create a rival now. Who I promptly kidnapped, save edited into a werewolf bitch, & sated my lust with... since I can't make wolf bitches as a homosexual female futanari werewolf. However instead of the futa on wolf bitch script, I got the female on wolf bitch script. That's when I realized I wasn't the only one who couldn't code futa triggers.

Anyway, this is getting long. I eventually figured it out and the problem is "trait =" isn't a valid pre-trigger when used with "limit =". I'm gonna assume that it does work when used with "modifier = {factors..", but it just does not with "limit =" So there needs to be a character flag or character modifier for futas, traps, etc. Any trait that you're trying to use with "limit =" basically.

So that's how I recoded it. Here are the files anyone would need to get the event changes I described. But to get it working you also have to save edit your character and give it the "dw_has_futa_dick" under the flags section of your character. Since I don't know where nor how to write the part of the code that needs to "check 'women_only = yes' for 'trait = futa', then 'set_character_flag = dw_has_futa_dick'".

dw_werewolf_hunt_events.csv

DWWerewolf_GoesHunting.txt

On 3/2/2018 at 1:57 AM, wolveren100 said:

I just tried to play with it with all of my mods off and i still would not get a pop up for when i click on go shopping.

hmm did u use nox bestia and ETOS together? because last time for me that 2 mod make shopping event not firing ( btw that 2 mot not yet compatible)

On 2/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, hewhocumsbynight said:

I didn't see it until I was shot a message via Steam chat. I've been messing around lately with Kingdom Come: Deliverance which ended up rekindling a desire for some Skyrim.

But it's pretty awesome to see. It's also a little embarrassing I suppose, since I still have some changes to implement.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:11 AM, simplerdayz said:

So downloaded this because it was on Kotaku...yada yada. I've come to point out as if you weren't painfully already aware, I hope, that almost none of the futanari content works aside from pregnancy. At first, I was just curious to see if Werewolves could rape the Red Sisterhood, seemed like an obvious choice. So I dug in the mod folder, looked at the event scripts and there it was... for male only. So even though I had a dick, I couldn't do it because I was female. First thing I did was redo the event triggers to give the male event to both males and futas and then wrote a female script in localization for them too. It failed... kinda, I got my female script as a futa. I figured I must have coded it wrong, but at least I could create a rival now. Who I promptly kidnapped, save edited into a werewolf bitch, & sated my lust with... since I can't make wolf bitches as a homosexual female futanari werewolf. However instead of the futa on wolf bitch script, I got the female on wolf bitch script. That's when I realized I wasn't the only one who couldn't code futa triggers.

Anyway, this is getting long. I eventually figured it out and the problem is "trait =" isn't a valid pre-trigger when used with "limit =". I'm gonna assume that it does work when used with "modifier = {factors..", but it just does not with "limit =" So there needs to be a character flag or character modifier for futas, traps, etc. Any trait that you're trying to use with "limit =" basically.

So that's how I recoded it. Here are the files anyone would need to get the event changes I described. But to get it working you also have to save edit your character and give it the "dw_has_futa_dick" under the flags section of your character. Since I don't know where nor how to write the part of the code that needs to "check 'women_only = yes' for 'trait = futa', then 'set_character_flag = dw_has_futa_dick'".

dw_werewolf_hunt_events.csv

DWWerewolf_GoesHunting.txt

That was written prior to my using scripted_triggers. It could probably now just be changed to has_cock = true, which includes males and futas.

I'm going to post an update tonight. It's not the last one, so more will follow - as there are things I want in it still, but I'm still going to sink some more time into my KC:D and Skyrim play for a bit.

The Mana Wellspring is just there, without interactions - and most folks won't even be able to see the offmap for it. I'll elaborate on what I intend for it, and what my 'to-do' list looks like of things I still plan on definitely getting in the mod before my semi-retirement. It'll be later this week or next though before I pull it together. (It being my to-do list - not additional releases).

Here's the change log:

v1.63 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Fixed a number of decisions that were no longer allowing self-targeting (I was missing the _including_me filter add-on)
    - Fixed Marshall's Stable Morale event - to ensure that you even have a stable built for consideration in the first place
    - Fixed missing small portraits for some artifacts are now in the .gfx file
    - Added some new events, decisions, potential NPCs
    - Overhaul to standard pregnancy checks used by Dark World reborn
    - Fenris and Vlad now have set_character_flag = eunuch_gift, which ngppgn shared as a quick fix to keeping them from being sent to China to get snipped before they rise to power.
    - Jasmine is no longer randomly seeded in the world
    - New trait added
    - Adjusted ai shopping from once a year, to once every three years
    - Tweaked book artifacts, adding stacking = no in order to reduce the amount of potential books being moved around via inheritances
    - Alchemist shops built in cities should now let people use the Alchemist for shopping
    - Coliseum's built in cities should now let people use the visit arena decision
    - Slavery locations that trigger slavery use expanded to include scopes for city and trading post related buildings
    - AI succubus/incubus won't use life leech on people more than once a year.
    - Mana Wellspring offmap power that serves as the source of magic within the realm. Turning off Fae content disables this.
    - A number of other tweaks, additions, and what not that I didn't think to note as I was doing them.

13 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'm going to post an update tonight. It's not the last one, so more will follow - as there are things I want in it still, but I'm still going to sink some more time into my KC:D and Skyrim play for a bit.

The Mana Wellspring is just there, without interactions - and most folks won't even be able to see the offmap for it. I'll elaborate on what I intend for it, and what my 'to-do' list looks like of things I still plan on definitely getting in the mod before my semi-retirement. It'll be later this week or next though before I pull it together. (It being my to-do list - not additional releases).

Here's the change log:

v1.63 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Fixed a number of decisions that were no longer allowing self-targeting (I was missing the _including_me filter add-on)
    - Fixed Marshall's Stable Morale event - to ensure that you even have a stable built for consideration in the first place
    - Fixed missing small portraits for some artifacts are now in the .gfx file
    - Added some new events, decisions, potential NPCs
    - Overhaul to standard pregnancy checks used by Dark World reborn
    - Fenris and Vlad now have set_character_flag = eunuch_gift, which ngppgn shared as a quick fix to keeping them from being sent to China to get snipped before they rise to power.
    - Jasmine is no longer randomly seeded in the world
    - New trait added
    - Adjusted ai shopping from once a year, to once every three years
    - Tweaked book artifacts, adding stacking = no in order to reduce the amount of potential books being moved around via inheritances
    - Alchemist shops built in cities should now let people use the Alchemist for shopping
    - Coliseum's built in cities should now let people use the visit arena decision
    - Slavery locations that trigger slavery use expanded to include scopes for city and trading post related buildings
    - AI succubus/incubus won't use life leech on people more than once a year.
    - Mana Wellspring offmap power that serves as the source of magic within the realm. Turning off Fae content disables this.
    - A number of other tweaks, additions, and what not that I didn't think to note as I was doing them.

thanks mate been waiting for u to update ;3

19 hours ago, Drax70 said:

To join the Lilith society, do I need to start the game with Lilith Campaign and the Devil worshipers as well?

If not, just define please the Game Rules that need to be active to be able to join the Lilith society?

Thanks!

The Heaven and Hell content just needs to be turned on. You don't need to start as an Incubus or Succubus. The society is called the Chosen of Lilith.

What I want to do before I semi-retire (I say semi-retire, as I may post tweaks for as long as I continue to play CK2).

- Revisit each Dark World Campaign start. I will add something to those that I feel inspired enough to expand upon. Those that I don't - I'll remove, and simply add an entry for the trait to the Dark World Bonus Trait section. So when it's done, there shouldn't be any that only have an initial event that sets a stage and gives a trait.

- Include the means of maintaining a dynasty. In other words, if you start as a kitsune, have a child that doesn't get the trait - and then you die, it's already game over for even self stylized play, outside of using the cheat console. I've different approaches on how to increase the odds of you being able to maintain a dynasty, without having to resort to the console, and without simply turning the trait inheritance up to 100%. Note - I only intend to do this for campaign starts, so if I decided 'screw Neko's' and I remove the campaign start for them, I probably won't also invest the time to address the dynasty inheritance. Dynasty inheritance may also not be full fledged. I plan on introducing some half-breeds, although two half-breeds of the same thing, could have a chance of a 'pure' line being reborn. Sure, that may not be truly possible, but much of the mod isn't based on reality.

- I'm going to revisit things to do some long intended tweaks - such as adjusting some traits to only be visible in certain circumstances. For example - the vampire trait would only be visible to the one who has the trait - and others with heightened senses - like other vampires or werewolves. Still - an event may take place which 'outs' a vampire. When that happens, the vampire would get a character modifier that has them as outed - which would include a sizable negative opinion, and it'd make the trait then visible to everyone.

- I'm going to implement my arena combat vision. What I originally wanted to do, wasn't working well, but now with variables, I've a concept that should work close to what I envisioned originally.

- I'm going to expand upon the two Societies - for example, I'm going to redo the whole Wizards Tower interaction that presently exists, and members of the Wizards College society, who become mages themselves, would be able to take on an apprentice through the Wizards College, such as Hermione, Luna, Harry, etc.

- I'm going to add interactions with the two offmap powers (Lilith and the Mana Wellspring). Incubus and Succubus will 'power' their abilities through expending favor gained through Lilith instead of their own piety. Mages and any other magic based character (such as Elves, Kitsune) will utilize the Mana Wellspring as the source of their power to fuel any spells or special abilities using mana. A Succubus who joins the Wizards College, could end up being able to leverage both - just like an Elf who joins the Chosen of Lilith.

In going through the above - I'll end up touching a number of other things in the process. The above won't be all in one release, and I've no time frames for releases. It's simply my final plans to expand upon.

I am looking to have another release out by the end of March though.

Here's the Change Log on what I'm presently working on for the end of March release:

v1.64 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE (Again) IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - New NPC
    - New events
    - New trait
    - New character modifiers!
    - Holy shit! Vampire content!

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

What I want to do before I semi-retire (I say semi-retire, as I may post tweaks for as long as I continue to play CK2).

- snip-

Well, even if you find 'semi-retire' turns into 'retire' as you move on to new projects and the like, I'm sure everyone who has downloaded and used your Dark World mods would like to thank you for all the excellent work you have put into the mod to bring it to it's present form. I know it has given me a lot of enjoyment since I first downloaded it many months ago and added to my continued enjoyment of CK2.

Cheers Dewguru!  :classic_happy::thumbsup:

I don't know if its this mod or another submod, but I think the Beauty and the Beast event/decision is broken. Unless I missed something, isn't Belle supposed to end up in your court as a lover? She seems to be missing or just never spawned for me.

2 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

I don't know if its this mod or another submod, but I think the Beauty and the Beast event/decision is broken. Unless I missed something, isn't Belle supposed to end up in your court as a lover? She seems to be missing or just never spawned for me.

That event takes awhile to start. Some games I don't see her until second generation.

18 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

No I got the event but when I hit the button that says to take her to your court, she never appeared.

I have never had a problem with her appearing in my court, but by default none of the Darkworld Reborn characters are not set as historical, so if not immediately married off or otherwise made important they are open to CK2's auto-pruning, and this may be what happened to Belle in your game.