[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

5 hours ago, bicobus said:

Sorry for my previous message, I may have been too tired to elaborate properly. Answering from the bottom up.

The education during NPC's childhood define what kind of people they become, this was introduced in the way of life DLC. For example only a child who received a warrior's upbringing can be tasked to be mercenary commander. You could use this system to define what kind of slave one might become, warrior slave (Martial), concubine (Intrigue), labor (Stewardship). Dunno about Learning and Diplomacy though, but a Learning focused slave could be used in the Lilith society as some kind of priestess. It would take a lot off of your or another modder's hands, don't have to micro-manage NPC and remember who is what. A slave being more of a social status than anything else.

Yeah you might be right about the third party mod, the different events firing up once you start a training were really annoying. I then don't exactly know how DW:R handle slaves. However if it's character based and user action based, then my complaint might still be relevant. By that I mean: if you, as a player, have to click a NPC to initiate training or to sell the slave, it will become a cumbersome feature as more NPC floods into your court.

What follow is my awkwardly trying to explain how AGOT works with the slave mechanic, that could lead to a better understanding of whatever silly things I am talking about.

AGOT mod goes at it differently, and is somewhat tied to their tyranny mechanic (enslaving rightful rulers/heir tags you as a tyrant). The slavery system is out of the player's hair, you enslave somebody, and if you want that individual to not be sold you can toggle a flag on a character basis (that slave isn't for sale). Every now and then, you have another slave owner asking to buy one of your slaves. When that happens you can set your price, if it's too high the buyer will refuse and the trade will be off. The slavery system is mostly there so that you can conceive a heir in case of emergency and secure your lineage. But there are other nice narrative around, like one of your child befriending another slave's child. Because you can marry two slaves and breed them, and the slaves can refuse so you have to beat them into submission. You can also go and buy other people's slave (or try to rescue them).

The way AGOT mod implemented this helps with the player's narrative. The slaves are there, but they're not totally useless. If you have some time for yourself I would highly recommend for you to try that mod, not only for what I just talked about though.

I'm going to pass on playing AGOT. It sounds interesting, especially how I'm picturing that you can set those flags without clicking on a person, but I don't really have the time. I've enough on my plate at the moment to focus on trying to squeeze in, that I fear you're stuck having to click on someone to say you want to enslave them (which gives you the event where you select what kind of slave they are), and again to choose to sell or keep them (with each also having an event). There aren't any other 'training' events within the mod at this time.

If you want to go ahead and code a system that uses the education system for adults like you mentioned, go ahead and whip it up and I'll be glad to incorporate it into Dark World Reborn.

Change log for the update I'm posting tonight.

v1.60 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added a decision where members of the Chosen of Lilith can sacrifice their prisoners to Lilith (Available at rank 1 in the society)
    - All characters should carry a breast and cock size variable that is used as a type of hereditary check for determining a child's breast or cock size
    - Updated Game Rules code with a Dark World grouping (code contributed by ngppgn)
    - Invite people to your society (Chosen of Lilith or Wizard's College - available at rank 2 in the society)

I've tested everything except the Wizards College recruitment, although it's basically rebranded Chosen of Lilith events. It's not real fancy, but it at least doesn't put the societies in a slow death. The ai invites people too, and it didn't seem like it got carried away, as it can only do so once I year, and those they try to invite can end up saying no thanks.

I just wanted to get this one out there, mainly for the decision where people can finally sacrifice their prisoners for the Chosen of Lilith. Important note - children don't get the Virgin trait - yet due to their age, they pass the scripted_trigger check for a virgin, so sacrificing kids meets your Sacrifice a Virgin quest if you should get one.

I took a couple days off without touching anything mod related, but I'm ready to get back to work with it.

Probably going to keep the update small again. It seems to be the best method for getting updates out and not lingering for months with nothing.

I'm looking to bring back the Exotic Emporium. I've been looking at what's involved with artifacts, and I've some ideas to go with.

Outside of a return of the Exotic Emporium (it was a store in the old original Dark World mod, sort of like the alchemy shop, but with items for those who aren't familiar with it), I'm not entirely certain what else will slip into this next update. As far as time frame, I'd like to get it out before the end of the month (January).

26 minutes ago, Zmey said:

I know that you are not fond of people telling you what to do with the mod but never the less IMHO fleshing out the race events for Kitsune, Elves etc would be nice rather than adding new stuff.

Off with his head!

I do hear, and I can appreciate what you're saying.

Let me elaborate though on why I'm focusing on the Exotic Emporium instead of something that you're hoping I would.

I think we can see examples if we were to dive through the depths of this support thread, where I've become disinterested and end up taking long breaks. If I build content that isn't related to what's currently interesting me, then I could walk away again and I'm simply trying to avoid doing that at the moment.

At the same time, I do have some plans to address the lack of other species showing up.  I've also jotted down notes regarding the 'storyline' type start options. So, all of that is at least getting some thought. It just needs to catch fire for me to roll with it.

@dewguru You said you sometimes miss personal messages, so I'm letting you know I just sent you something.

Also, would you consider adding an identifying global flag to the startup of Dark World Reborn?  Many of us have started doing that to improve cross-mod detection for special code to increase compatibility.

1 hour ago, noxbestia said:

@dewguru You said you sometimes miss personal messages, so I'm letting you know I just sent you something.

Also, would you consider adding an identifying global flag to the startup of Dark World Reborn?  Many of us have started doing that to improve cross-mod detection for special code to increase compatibility.

Sure. I used to do it back in the original Dark World, but the mod I did it for ended up being discontinued, so I took it out when I redid things.

I'll include a on_action startup event to set the global flag of Dark_World_Reborn_Present

29 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Sure. I used to do it back in the original Dark World, but the mod I did it for ended up being discontinued, so I took it out when I redid things.

I'll include a on_action startup event to set the global flag of Dark_World_Reborn_Present

Thank you very much.  That will help considerably!  :smile:

Werewolves have the second most content after Succubus/Incubus but still is missing much.

For instance you can't go out and fuck yourself some werewolf bitches when you play a female doggy.

In fact the vast majority of the content for werewolves (which as said isn't that much to begin with) is tailored for male wolves.

20 hours ago, squirrelknight said:

Im having a little trouble playing as a werewolf. In the "go hunt" event chain, if i go to sate my lust, nothing happens. Is there something wrong on my end or is this simply not added yet?

(sorry if this has been asked before)

You playing as a male or female wolf?

Hey dewguru I have noticed a slight bug, however I think it is a ck2 bug with offmaps.

If you do not meet the display_trigger the button does not appear for that offmap empire (thats what its supposed to do), however in my experience once you meet the  requirements it still does not show unless you reload the game. 

For example: Start a new game as a succubus, before you use dark dreams decision the button is missing for liliths empire, once you use the dark dreams its still missing until you reload the game.

2 hours ago, zia said:

Hey dewguru I have noticed a slight bug, however I think it is a ck2 bug with offmaps.

If you do not meet the display_trigger the button does not appear for that offmap empire (thats what its supposed to do), however in my experience once you meet the  requirements it still does not show unless you reload the game. 

For example: Start a new game as a succubus, before you use dark dreams decision the button is missing for liliths empire, once you use the dark dreams its still missing until you reload the game.

You need to wait for the next month (or the next 30 dyas pulse, might not be the start of a month) for the display trigger to be evaluated. It's intended behaviour for optimisation reasons.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, squirrelknight said:

Im having a little trouble playing as a werewolf. In the "go hunt" event chain, if i go to sate my lust, nothing happens. Is there something wrong on my end or is this simply not added yet?

(sorry if this has been asked before)

As mentioned before, the sate the lust only works for a male werewolf.  Also, you need to have a woman within your nation that has one of a few selected traits.  This means that the event is far less likely to work for an independent count, since there may be no women with those traits, but if you are part of a large kingdom or empire you will probably have no issues, particularly once the AI starts triggering the find physician event.  My suggestion for werewolves is either to start in a large kingdom/empire, or check the files to see which traits are needed and make sure you marry a woman with those traits (which is a good suggestion anyway, since you can then make your wife a werewolf bitch).  Additionally, you could add traits to the file to increase the number of women who meet the qualifications, I have added brave to the list in the past to increase my potential bitches as it still fits the tenor of the traits being looked at.

6 hours ago, Chadraln said:

As mentioned before, the sate the lust only works for a male werewolf.  Also, you need to have a woman within your nation that has one of a few selected traits.  This means that the event is far less likely to work for an independent count, since there may be no women with those traits, but if you are part of a large kingdom or empire you will probably have no issues, particularly once the AI starts triggering the find physician event.  My suggestion for werewolves is either to start in a large kingdom/empire, or check the files to see which traits are needed and make sure you marry a woman with those traits (which is a good suggestion anyway, since you can then make your wife a werewolf bitch).  Additionally, you could add traits to the file to increase the number of women who meet the qualifications, I have added brave to the list in the past to increase my potential bitches as it still fits the tenor of the traits being looked at.

Yeah I was playing as an independent duke and nothing happened, once I conquered more lands the event worked as it should. What are the traits required for the event to fire?

3 hours ago, squirrelknight said:

I was playing as a male wolf.

Thanks. If I remember, I'll take a look at the event and poke at it some to address this somehow. If it's not in the next update, I may have forgotten about it. If that's the case, someone feel free to hit me up with a reminder.

16 hours ago, squirrelknight said:

Yeah I was playing as an independent duke and nothing happened, once I conquered more lands the event worked as it should. What are the traits required for the event to fire?

By default the traits are mage, cynical, mystic, lunatic, and possessed, which means cynical is the only "normal" trait.

So I like to tweak the traits to better fit my play style and cannot seem to figure out how to increase the rate of birth for succubus/incubus rates like I can for the other races. The inherit_chance works fine getting a succubus to make another succubus but doesn't seem to affect a succubus making an incubus by turning the incubus inherit_chance up to 100. Is this handled by another mechanic or is there a way to change it in the traits txt file?

I just got my first incubus birth from a succubus so unless it was a bug I know it can happen, but it took like 9 generations of succubi to make just the 1 incubus, that I gave birth to at least. Mostly just trying to get my head around these two traits, since I usually play as an elf.

4 hours ago, Alaratt said:

So I like to tweak the traits to better fit my play style and cannot seem to figure out how to increase the rate of birth for succubus/incubus rates like I can for the other races. The inherit_chance works fine getting a succubus to make another succubus but doesn't seem to affect a succubus making an incubus by turning the incubus inherit_chance up to 100. Is this handled by another mechanic or is there a way to change it in the traits txt file?

I just got my first incubus birth from a succubus so unless it was a bug I know it can happen, but it took like 9 generations of succubi to make just the 1 incubus, that I gave birth to at least. Mostly just trying to get my head around these two traits, since I usually play as an elf.

Its handled by event  DWCore.8100. Which is in the event folder and in the file named DWCore. If you edit the event you can make the chance higher. By default there is a 20% chance of male becoming an incubus if there mother is a succubus. 

4 hours ago, zia said:

Its handled by event  DWCore.8100. Which is in the event folder and in the file named DWCore. If you edit the event you can make the chance higher. By default there is a 20% chance of male becoming an incubus if there mother is a succubus. 

Thanks, I never would have looked in there for that.

Hey, I am currently playing as a werewolf and I noticed that most of my male offspring (90% of males) are not receiving the werewolf trait and neither are my brothers male offspring? When I was playing as a female in the same save all my male offspring received the werewolf trait. Help would be appreciated thanks!

Quick question to anyone who's worked with modding artifacts in the past - if the active field is set to always be on - does that mean the game may randomly assign an artifact to someone?

Just figuring out if I need to work on preventing that from happening or not.

1 hour ago, theman221 said:

Hey, I am currently playing as a werewolf and I noticed that most of my male offspring (90% of males) are not receiving the werewolf trait and neither are my brothers male offspring? When I was playing as a female in the same save all my male offspring received the werewolf trait. Help would be appreciated thanks!

Do you know how to activate the extended character information? I'd be interested in knowing whether the offspring are legitimately yours or if you've folks cheating on you.

If not press ~ then type in charinfo - hit enter, and it should say something about displaying more information. Then press ~ to close the console window. When you hover over one of your kids, it should indicate somewhere in the extended information if they've a 'real' father other than you. If your wife/lover is pregnant - you can hover over them too and it'll tell you who the father is of the kid in their belly.