[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

8 hours ago, dewguru said:

Alright folks, 1.57 has been posted. Check out the change log - and once again - I recommend not messing with the new societies just yet, as they're very shallow in content.

did you perhaps put an enable/disable option?

9 hours ago, bjc4yw said:

Perhaps the succubus/incubus advancement mechanics could be linked to the Lilith society? It was odd that you can just invite anyone from your court to a Blood Moon regardless of what religion they are; inviting fellow society members would make more sense. You could either make holding a Blood Moon be a society power, or have it give society currency and have separate level-up powers which cost some amount of currency.

Possibly also tie the succubus/incubus level directly to society level (it's possible to have more than 4 society levels), and make the succubus powers run off society currency instead of piety, though that would mean you have to stay a member of the society to use the powers, and I guess it would also either prevent non-*cubi from advancing in society levels, or allow them to get the powers without having the trait.

I'm not going to put the advancement mechanics into the society. You don't need to be a Succubus or Incubus to join the society, and pushing the advancement mechanics into the society would pigeon hole a succubus or incubus player in a way that I don't want to.

The Blood Moon event is less about religion, and more about your underlings being willing to 'go along' with the weird desires of their ruler. History is filled with insane events held by rulers where they had the support of the court - even though it conflicted with whatever faith they may have followed.

7 hours ago, theliddtin said:

Hey Dewguru, great work on the mod. Is this event line still coming at some point?

Probably. It's shape is going to look different due to some design changes I've made.

2 hours ago, llye said:

did you perhaps put an enable/disable option?

Nope. I've thought about adding one or just linking it into the Content Types - for example you'd need to have Heaven or Hell content activated in order to have the Chosen of Lilith society in there.

Hey dewguru, minor issue with updated slave selling code I posted earlier: For some reason the "Nah, nevermind" (for when you consider selling the slave, but change your mind) no long appears in the event popup window. I didn't edit that portion at all, so I suspect it's just a minor issue caused by a shifted or missing bracket.

Also, completely unrelated minor feature request: a game setting to allow the random seeding of fantasy races at game start, even if only exceptionally rare. I always got to console spawn a bunch of slaves of various races and sell them to random courts to seed them, and hope they reproduce, which is a bit time consuming.  Or if that's too much of a pain, maybe just coding a script with a very low chance (0.1%?) of new racial traits to be added to newborns randomly, which can easily be toggled on or off with a global flag using game rules.

And last thing: Bug. Multiple instances of Shantae the dancer popping up. Repeatedly. I suspect the event (at least for the AI) doesn't check for any global flags about Shantae existing, if one exists.

I examined the code further. Apparently the event for her appearing (DWWhoring.1) is not supposed to trigger for AI. But I'm seeing multiple NPCs with the character variable "dw_saw_shantae", so apparently they're getting her somehow. For now, I'd throw in a placeholder blocking AI recruitment of her (DWWhoring.1100) with an "ai = no" under the trigger for the recruit her option.

8 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'm not going to put the advancement mechanics into the society. You don't need to be a Succubus or Incubus to join the society, and pushing the advancement mechanics into the society would pigeon hole a succubus or incubus player in a way that I don't want to.

The Blood Moon event is less about religion, and more about your underlings being willing to 'go along' with the weird desires of their ruler. History is filled with insane events held by rulers where they had the support of the court - even though it conflicted with whatever faith they may have followed.

Wouldn't then the new offmap-power system be of better use here?

It could be only shown to Incubi/Succubi and members of the new society, without blocking them out off anything else.

12 hours ago, 080184 said:

Last time I played this mod I swear I could set my ethnicity as one of the custom races(Kitsune etc), but now all those options are gone? Am I confusing this mod with one of it's submods?

Kitsune etc. are handled with traits.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:53 AM, dewguru said:

I don't believe your issue is with my mod. I believe you're having an issue with another mod. I've never seen or experienced anything remotely like this.

Playing with 1.57, and was able to get the Shantae event twice and add her to my court both times so I now have 2 Shantaes.  Whatever check you are doing to prevent it happening multiple times does not appear to working.  Note: I do not have any submods in place.

6 hours ago, Chadraln said:

Playing with 1.57, and was able to get the Shantae event twice and add her to my court both times so I now have 2 Shantaes.  Whatever check you are doing to prevent it happening multiple times does not appear to working.  Note: I do not have any submods in place.

events/DWWhoring.txt

Aha. I think I found it.

Spoiler

character_event = {
	id = DWWhoring.1
	hide_window = yes
	is_triggered_only = yes # by decision
	immediate = {
		random_list = {
			100 = { # Normal visit
				narrative_event = { id = DWWhoring.2 }
			}
			25 = { # Shantae appears
				modifier = {
					factor = 0 # zero chance of it happening if they fae content is off and/or the bordello pole dancer option has been done
					ai = yes # we don't want the ai running this option
					OR = { # If any one of these is missing, then we zero out our chance
						NOT = { has_fae_content = yes } # She's an elf, so this content needs to be enabled
						NOT = { has_global_flag = dw_bordello_poledancer } #
						NOT = { has_global_flag = dw_created_shantae } # we only want to create her once so if this is present we zero out
					}
				}
				narrative_event = { id = DWWhoring.1100 }
			}
		}
	}
}

It should be an "AND" if all three are required. Instead, there is an "OR", meaning only one of the three needs to be filled for the event to fire. Additionally, you can reduce the code length by using NAND instead of "NOT =" three times.

So the fix will look like this:

Spoiler

character_event = {
	id = DWWhoring.1
	hide_window = yes
	immediate = {
		random_list = {
			100 = { # Normal visit
			}
			25 = { # Shantae appears
				modifier = {
					factor = 0 # zero chance of it happening if they fae content is off and/or the bordello pole dancer option has been done
					NAND = { # If any one of these is missing, then we zero out our chance
						has_fae_content = yes # She's an elf, so this content needs to be enabled
						has_global_flag = dw_bordello_poledancer #
						has_global_flag = dw_created_shantae # we only want to create her once so if this is present we zero out
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Additionally, as a backup precaution, you should add "ai = no" to the event that actually has shanae join your court. 

6 hours ago, veedanya said:

events/DWWhoring.txt

Aha. I think I found it.

Hide contents

character_event = {
	id = DWWhoring.1
	hide_window = yes
	immediate = {
		random_list = {
			100 = { # Normal visit
			}
			25 = { # Shantae appears
				modifier = {
					OR = { # If any one of these is missing, then we zero out our chance
						NOT = { has_fae_content = yes } # She's an elf, so this content needs to be enabled
						NOT = { has_global_flag = dw_bordello_poledancer } #
						NOT = { has_global_flag = dw_created_shantae } # we only want to create her once so if this is present we zero out
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

It should be an "AND" if all three are required. Instead, there is an "OR", meaning only one of the three needs to be filled for the event to fire. Additionally, you can reduce the code length by using NAND instead of "NOT =" three times.

So the fix will look like this:

Hide contents

character_event = {
	id = DWWhoring.1
	hide_window = yes
	immediate = {
		random_list = {
			100 = { # Normal visit
			}
			25 = { # Shantae appears
				modifier = {
					NAND = { # If any one of these is missing, then we zero out our chance
						has_fae_content = yes # She's an elf, so this content needs to be enabled
						has_global_flag = dw_bordello_poledancer #
						has_global_flag = dw_created_shantae # we only want to create her once so if this is present we zero out
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Additionally, as a backup precaution, you should add "ai = no" to the event that actually has shanae join your court. 

Would this be the same issue with the Jus Primae Noctis law?  DWCourt.910 has a NOR, but should it also be a NAND?

So I made it way harder on myself than I needed to by starting as a tribal, but I finally joined the mage's guild.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.690410b822f75a165f98934e58e7319d.jpg

I expect rapid advancement - when the leader kicks the bucket it should auto appoint me to the top rank.  (this happens to me with every society actually - not quite so dire a membership  crisis - but I've never actually reached the fourth rank without becoming leader first.)

9 hours ago, Chadraln said:

Would this be the same issue with the Jus Primae Noctis law?  DWCourt.910 has a NOR, but should it also be a NAND?

I haven't used that law personally so I can't say which bug you're talking about, but looking at the code for that event...

I suspect the cause is the presence of double-negatives ("NOR" + "NOT ={ character...") which could reverse the intended effect. So it will trigger... for yourself it looks like; when you're NOT NOT the bride.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:08 PM, 080184 said:

Last time I played this mod I swear I could set my ethnicity as one of the custom races(Kitsune etc), but now all those options are gone? Am I confusing this mod with one of it's submods?

Sounds like a sub-mod. I've not done anything with custom ethnicity.

On 12/18/2017 at 3:43 PM, Minersebas said:

Wouldn't then the new offmap-power system be of better use here?

It could be only shown to Incubi/Succubi and members of the new society, without blocking them out off anything else.

Maybe. I'll take a look, but it'll likely be another three months until the next update as I spend time learning the new offmap system. I'm an old dog, takes me a while to learn new tricks.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:49 PM, moyon said:

What can I do when belonging to The Chosen of Lilith?I don't know well.

Nothing much at this time. For details - read through the past couple pages.

18 hours ago, veedanya said:

events/DWWhoring.txt

Aha. I think I found it.

I've mentioned this before - message me the code edits. I regularly fall behind on posts here in the support thread, and when I do fall behind, I don't go backwards. If you message me the edits - I've a single spot where when I'm wrapping up a release - I can go and look through what else I want to work into the release. Otherwise, I make no promise about including anything. For example - I've done nothing with the code posts you've made so far. I'm working on other things at the moment.

3 hours ago, veedanya said:

I haven't used that law personally so I can't say which bug you're talking about, but looking at the code for that event...

I suspect the cause is the presence of double-negatives ("NOR" + "NOT ={ character...") which could reverse the intended effect. So it will trigger... for yourself it looks like; when you're NOT NOT the bride.

Well, the bug I have with it is that it just... never fires at all, so something is blocking all attempts to keep that event from ever firing.

As for your fix, it doesn't seem to be stopping the Shantae event from firing.  I tried adding a trigger to the event option of inviting Shantae to your court, which does seem to fix the issue with getting Shantae multiple times, but the text gets screwed up somehow.

2 hours ago, Chadraln said:

Well, the bug I have with it is that it just... never fires at all, so something is blocking all attempts to keep that event from ever firing.

As for your fix, it doesn't seem to be stopping the Shantae event from firing.  I tried adding a trigger to the event option of inviting Shantae to your court, which does seem to fix the issue with getting Shantae multiple times, but the text gets screwed up somehow.

Double check the code. When I first posted it, I accidentally left some brackets on the end, which would have totally wrecked the formatting of the events in that file. I realize my error and fixed it a little while later in a post edit. You may have grabbed my initial code with the wonky brackets.

I'm writing the revamped code for whoring, but I'm not sure how to handle title holders. Since I'm not familiar with what the setting is like, lore-wise, in this mod.

Are they so incredibly outlandish that whoring monarchs should suffer massive prestige penalties? Are they common enough that leaders and citizens don't really have strong opinions either way? Do they work in disguise so no one ever knows the monarch is a whore? Or are they actually celebrated, and advertise themselves openly to draw in wealthier customers?

34 minutes ago, veedanya said:

Okay, time for an impromptu survey. I'm working on a few new things, and need some input.

Please don't conduct surveys in this support thread. I could care less if everyone said they wanted something to be one way, if I want it to be another.

If you're gathering feedback for a sub-mod - then create a new thread for the survey.

37 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Please don't conduct surveys in this support thread. I could care less if everyone said they wanted something to be one way, if I want it to be another.

If you're gathering feedback for a sub-mod - then create a new thread for the survey.

Okay, sorry. But my original question does still stand concerning the bordello event revamp, and what the setting thinks of it. I need to know so I can figure out what bonuses or penalties rulers should get, if any.

If you wouldn't mind a request/suggestion, one thing that's always seemed missing from this mod is the AI's ability to do a lot of the things that the player can do, it's not that I'd like to see the game grind to a halt with all the AI doing everything, more that it would be nice to see some of the events like jus primae noctis from the other side, like if your liege decided to have the first go at your wife, or if as a female ruler you're forced into bed with your liege instead of your new husband. It was also missing in things from the old dark world, like educating your son/daughter, where you'd come of age, lose your regent, get an event about masturbating and then suddenly find out a month later you had sex with your dad.

I miss all the old non-supernatural court events that used to be in dark world.

19 hours ago, veedanya said:

I'm writing the revamped code for whoring, but I'm not sure how to handle title holders. Since I'm not familiar with what the setting is like, lore-wise, in this mod.

Are they so incredibly outlandish that whoring monarchs should suffer massive prestige penalties? Are they common enough that leaders and citizens don't really have strong opinions either way? Do they work in disguise so no one ever knows the monarch is a whore? Or are they actually celebrated, and advertise themselves openly to draw in wealthier customers?

The whoring traits have negative reputation modifiers built into them - which apply to even whoring monarchs. Dark World opens the opportunity for rulers to more easily dance into the sinful side with the commoners, but they're definitely not celebrated or viewed favorably for it.

23 hours ago, Chadraln said:

I took a look at Veedanya provided and looked over my own code and I think neither would really work as intended, but Veedanya's stab got me down the path towards something I think will work. I'll be adding the following in the next release, but if you're comfortable applying it to your existing code and letting me know if it seems to work or not, I'd appreciate it. It's just the immediate block portion of DWWhoring.1.

immediate = {
		random_list = {
			100 = { # Normal visit
			}
			25 = { # Shantae appears
				modifier = {
					factor = 0 # we don't want the ai getting this option
					ai = yes 
				}
				modifier = {
					factor = 0
					OR = { # Returns true if one of the enclosed conditions return true
						NOT = { has_global_flag = dw_bordello_poledancer } # We need the pole dancer improvement to have been built
					}					
				}
			}
		}
	}