[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Hello, thanks for your mod as it is really entertaining.

I have a question about the arena, which would probably best answered with "WiP, so there are dead ends" but I'll ask anyway. Whenever I recruit a gladiator through the arena visits, that actor becomes quite useless (except for making babies). I can't put the actor in the position of commander, but I can use it as an advisor. And since we can't actually make use of any gladiator in the arena yet, their usefulness stop there. Is there any way to make those actors a bit more interesting?

Well, the one I got was quite a handful already. His name was conan and so was his son and the son of his son. But the martial might of the father didn't go down the genetic line, sadly.

Another point of interest of mine is the futanaries, which seems to be totally absent from the game. Would it be possible to have that trait as a rare birth defect, so some might just appears out of the blue?

1.) You are correct. The Arena is WiP. It's there but that's it, same as with for example DW races other than Succubus/Incubus, Werewolf (partly) and Tentacle-Kin (hardly anything).

2.) Futanari are present if the gamerule is active. If I'm not mistaken per default it is so that would mean you turned it off.

Adding Futanari as more or less a genetical defect to spawn more "Chicks with Dicks" into the world the normal way is a good suggestion, though.

Could you specify which gamerule it is? I haven't enabled the dark world campaign, but the mythical NPC are being seeded. Ah, that might be my problem then, do I have to run a dark world campaign? I wanted to play a regular game with the devious elements present in.

The name of the gamerule is "Dark World Gender Bender Content" and is seperate from the campaign.

If the gamerule is on the Futanari and Trap traits can be awarded normally, via the additional gamerule "Dark World Bonus Trait Start" you can start as Futanari or Trap (depends on the starting character gender) yourself.

There is an event with an exotic merchant which at first glimpse can be mistaken for the one in the base game. This merchant offers you various girls to fuck and afterwards keep as a lover for a price. Those girls can either be short, equiped with a dick or with a "surprise". And as a parting gift she gifts you a futanari experienced in intrigue, diplomacy, stewardship, martial or learning.

If the rule is on and you're tired of waiting you can console "event DWFuta.100".

/edit

btw if you disabled the gamerule at game start but now want it enabled open the .ck2 savegame with a capable text editor like notepad++ and DELETE the line dw_gender_bender_content="dw_no_futa" as like I said active is default for that rule and when the gamerule is not specified the game uses the default value.

Ah, I did get that event so I guess the rule is properly set. But that futa only lasted 2 generations: she sired another futa and the futa genealogical tree stopped there for some reason (the daughter didn't spawn any more futa). Is this the only way to get futanaries and traps? By the way I had a naughty bishop, he managed to become an exclusive whore and after a while an event appeared telling me that he wasn't as pious as he appeared to be. Eh Eh.

I feel the trap/futa trait could adds to the intrigue of the court if a noble is born with it. It could be used to blackmail the actor into submission or the reverse, the futa asserting her dominance over somebody else.

Thanks for your help :)

Hello, thanks for your mod as it is really entertaining.

I have a question about the arena, which would probably best answered with "WiP, so there are dead ends" but I'll ask anyway. Whenever I recruit a gladiator through the arena visits, that actor becomes quite useless (except for making babies). I can't put the actor in the position of commander, but I can use it as an advisor. And since we can't actually make use of any gladiator in the arena yet, their usefulness stop there. Is there any way to make those actors a bit more interesting?

Well, the one I got was quite a handful already. His name was conan and so was his son and the son of his son. But the martial might of the father didn't go down the genetic line, sadly.

Another point of interest of mine is the futanaries, which seems to be totally absent from the game. Would it be possible to have that trait as a rare birth defect, so some might just appears out of the blue?

Actually, if I recall correctly from my time going through the mod files, the futa trait already has a random chance to appear. However, the chance is so low that it more-or-less never appears, being something like 1 in every 10,000 births will appear with the trait (something like 0.01% chance to be born with it).

If you want to make this more likely to occur, simply changing "birth = 1" to "birth = 50" would change it to a 0.5% chance of a character being born a futa. Hope this could help you out somewhat, although I'm not sure about the futa blackmail, as the trait isn't exactly hidden  :-/

Great, thanks! So the chances to be born futa is actually random.

As for the part about blackmail, I was just extrapolating on the rarity of the trait. It being rare and all, it could be looked down upon and a "bad" trait for some rulers.

Would it be possible to keep the version number in the OP updated (it still shows "Dark World Reborn v1.52")? This would avoid confusion, and also mean that we don't have to look at the changelog continuously to check for updates.

It is possible, but I'm not going to do it. The reason why is I still then have people saying "how am I supposed to remember what version number it is, can't you use a date instead?"

So you can get both the version number and the date it was last updated just by viewing the front page. Of course I'll need to start ensuring I change the version number along with the date it was last uploaded. But the front page is where to go, and that's how it'll remain.

Now you've got me confused. OP=Original Post=(first post on the) Front Page. All I wanted to do is be able to compare the version number stated in the "last updated" (currently, erroneously, v1.52), with the version number of the mod I'm currently running, in order to know if I need to update the version I'm running (without having to go into the changelog to find out which version number is the latest).

I'm not sure where you thought I was suggesting you put this information, or why it would require omitting the date-updated (such that "people" would be confused by this omission) at this undisclosed location.

If you are offering (as you seem to be) to update the version number in the OP/Front Page, then that was all I was asking. Thank you. :)

Okay, once more.

The currently latest version number is stated in the NAME of the mod. The mod is called "[CK2] Dark World: Reborn" and has directly after "1.54" attached to it. And this attachment is automatic from the site.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/category/162-crusader-kings-2/?dosort=1&sort_key=file_updated&sort_order=desc

On the vast majority of mods on this side that number is the only naming of the last version there is. That little bit of text is bonus, not essential information.

There's absolutely no way that could cause confusion.

Once more, with feeling.

There are a number of ways to find out what the latest version of the mod is.

1) The simplest, easiest and most obvious would be to look near the top of the OP (Original Post i.e. the first post on the Front Page), where update information is listed. Unfortunately, whilst this contains the date of the latest update, it contains outdated information on the version number of that update:

Dark World Reborn v1.52 (Last Updated June 24, 2017)

As the post is being edited to update the date of the last update anyway, it does not seem unreasonable to request that it be also be edited to update the new version number as well. That was my request.

2) Next simplest & easiest would be to go down further on the OP, open the Changelog-spoiler and read the latest version number there. That is what I'm currently doing (but people wouldn't know to do this unless they knew that the version number at the top might be outdated).

3)  JesusKreist's suggestion that I go down to the bottom of the OP, click on the "Click here to download this file" link, so that I can read the version number at the top of that page, seems a lot more bother.

This was meant to be a simple, obvious, easily-implemented and uncontroversial request. Instead it has become a hot mess. :(

So basically you are starting to look whether the mod has updated in a wrong place and want it to be easier.

The written version and date in the OP you so desperately want kept up to date is a bonus and not essential information as the version of the last update is automatically added to the mod in the category list. The version number already is in place and dew could without any qualms whatsoever outright delete this redundant information.

Since that is the usual way for players to get to this thread (Download list, CK2 Category list, Mod page, Support thread) it is by far not easier to look up the version in the OP when you have already passed a point where the correct version was stated.

The issue that the written version there does not match the actual version is not causing confusion. You are the first one who actually notices that and this very small oversight is two month old.

So basically you are starting to look whether the mod has updated in a wrong place and want it to be easier.

The written version and date in the OP you so desperately want kept up to date is a bonus and not essential information as the version of the last update is automatically added to the mod in the category list. The version number already is in place and dew could without any qualms whatsoever outright delete this redundant information.

Since that is the usual way for players to get to this thread (Download list, CK2 Category list, Mod page, Support thread) it is by far not easier to look up the version in the OP when you have already passed a point where the correct version was stated.

The issue that the written version there does not match the actual version is not causing confusion. You are the first one who actually notices that and this very small oversight is two month old.

Jesus Christ, JesusKreist.

1) In what holy book is it written where the One True and Only Place™ for the version number is (and that looking in all other places purporting to contain this information is "wrong")? In my ignorance, I thought that if the OP was being updated for when the mod was "last updated" it would make sense to update it for the version number as well (when those pieces of information are right beside each other). I apologise most profoundly for expecting sense from you. I will endeavor not to repeat the error.

2) I have LL's Adult Gaming page bookmarked, and follow the link the Paradox games and then just click on this thread. That way I can keep track of recent discussions on all the mods (and submods) I'm interested in (discussions being far more frequent than updates) as well as updates of them. I apologise for not knowing the One True and Only Way™ for accessing this bulletin board thread.

3) I would in fact prefer it if the update version information in the OP was deleted entirely, rather being left in an outdated state. That again is simple good sense.

4) Your assumption that because nobody has complained, nobody was confused is erroneous -- possibly they simply couldn't be bothered, or possibly they were afraid of being burned as a heretic.

Please keep the Holy Wars for the game. I am getting really tired of getting vilified for making a simple, sensible request.

Hi dew, just wanted to say that you've done a fantastic job with this mod, and you've even kept very good event optimization.

I've also noticed that your event triggers for building related events are a bit faulty, specifically that one of the scopes you are calling actually scopes as a title, not a holding, so calling has_building is actually invalid in that case.

This has caused the error.log file to bloat to enormous proportions (we're talking 4-5gb), and unchecked can cause the entire game to crash. I managed to fix it manually by changing the scopes to force it to the character's capital holding.

Other than that, It's a good mod all around, had to make a few tweaks to optimize performance for longer games, but otherwise it's great!

Feel free to PM me if you got questions, and keep up the great work!

Is DWR the mod dealing with slavery? Because it seems that if I purchase a slave, tag it as "interesting character" then let my ruler dies, the slave dies along with the liege and leaves a remnant in the list of interesting characters.

Another weird thing I've noticed is a werewolf having a daughter, that daughter immediately get the modifier "wolf's bitch" and somehow manage to give birth to other actors... Looks like something is wrong with my game. I'm not sure if the daughter even grows up. I'll try to get some screenshots.

Lastly, which mod introduce the lilith faith? Is it reborn core or beyond heresy?

I've noticed some errors in the log too. The spouse_opinion and is_adult related errors seems weird though.

[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: spouse_opinion, near line: 12" in file: "common/event_modifiers/dwt_event_mod.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: spouse_opinion, near line: 26" in file: "common/event_modifiers/dwt_event_mod.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: spouse_opinion, near line: 52" in file: "common/artifacts/dwt_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: is_adult, near line: 122" in file: "events/DWBH Lilitu Events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .5, near line: 1225" in file: "events/DWSU_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .5, near line: 1229" in file: "events/DWSU_events.txt"
[onaction.cpp:213]: OnAction list is referencing invalid event! event: "DWCore.800", on_action: "on_birth"
[onaction.cpp:213]: OnAction list is referencing invalid event! event: "DWCore.805", on_action: "on_birth"
[onaction.cpp:213]: OnAction list is referencing invalid event! event: "DWCore.810", on_action: "on_birth"

Yes but dew said the slavery system is getting a revamp regardless so unless there is a crucial gamebreaking or CTD inducing bug you'll pretty much have to live with it as fixing minor things which are bound to be changed anyway is pretty low on the priority list to say the least.

The daugther of a werewolf gets the modifier werewolf bitch at a 75% chance as long as she is no werewolf. Same for boys but they have a 90% chance to become a werewolf to begin with instead of the 10% chance for girls. The "babies have babies" issue you likely are meaning is actually a feature from noxbestias Darkest Perversions. As far as I know it should only apply to succubus, though.

The lilith faith is introduced via Beyond Heresy.

I do not have Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions though, because the mod requires all DLC which I do not have. Anyhow, I do not have a save with the werewolf baby having a baby so the event might appears again as I play.

By the way, is it normal that the gender laws get reverted back to agnatic-cognatic upon the ruler's demise? I'd really like the enatic law to be remembered.

DWR itself does not meddle with "normal" pregnancy behavior i.e. girls are fertile and can marry at the age of 16, before they are considered children by the game code.

The gender laws reverting is per se normal for merchant republics as the gender laws are hardcoded. For tribes, nomads and feudals it should™ stick around.

Here is the list of mods I have:

• Bigger Events
  • Dark World: Beyond Heresy
  • Dark World: Expanded Slavery
  • Dark World Reborn
  • Dark World: The Mercenary Commander
  • Dark World: Toska

And the pregnancy did fire up closely after I loaded my game:

post-914471-0-99836100-1500988441_thumb.png

I did cheat a bit on this play through though. That actor does have the werewolf bitch modifier and seems to be the bastard daughter of a werewolf herself. Could it be linked to the set of errors I have posted earlier, more specifically the "is_adult" warning?