Can not sign in with google chrome

cesil123

Try to delete the LL cookie and then log on.  If that fails, try updating Chrome.  If that fails, you might look at your extensions and addons as something could be blocking things.  Virus scanner could be another culprit.  With no info, it is pretty hard for us to do anything other than randomly guess.

I'm running Chrome myself and have no issues at all.

Ah the joys of SSL Cypher suite hell! Too many have been deprecated lately and Chrome is the most aggressive browser when it comes to removing stuff you actually still use.

OK, first check your Internet settings and ensure you have TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 enabled.

While you are at it, ensure you have SSLv 1, 2 and 3 DISabled.

You might manage a quick win with this advice.

Of course you could just use http.

Failing that, start using:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=loverslab.com&s=104.24.106.171&latest

to find the problem. Looks good to me although WinXP users could be out of luck.

Might have become obsolete, but try adding "--ssl-version-min=tls1" to your Chrome shortcut after "...\Chrome.exe".

Command line for the shortcut: "...\chrome.exe" --ssl-version-min=tls1

Were you able to log in before with the same version of Chrome?

The problem with Chrome is that it has REALLY aggressive auto-updates out of the box. Worse than Micro$oft I'd say.

A recent example would be when Google decided to withdraw support for NPAPI. NPAPI allows you to run Java within a browser, pretty essential for those of us controlling routers, firewalls, proxies etc etc, that have a Java-web interface.

At first there was a hidden setting to turn is back on, but then they announced they were removing that. You could turn auto-updates off with another hidden setting, but it seemed a default setting periodically checked to turn THAT back on.

I gave up. Chrome is basically now a consumer orientated Browser that requires you grant control of the technical details to Google.

If that's what you want, it's a good Browser but I now only use it for diagnosing specific Chrome issues.

Like Windows 10, Google Chrome is pretty much a malware. It even installs an extension into Firefox to update itself. Even if you delete all traces of GoogleUpdate and its service(s) and remove all task scheduler entries, it still finds a way to update itself.

• 1 year later...

I googled the thread, "technical support" was under "general". So ok, here I am, reading how most of you have no problems signing in with Chrome.

I did not either, until around three days ago.

So I followed the advice here to update chrome, and look for blocking extensions.

There aren't any blocking extensions, and Chrome is the latest version as of today

56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

Edge works, msie 11 works for sign-in.

But MSIE will Not let me paste any quotes, so now you know the reason I occasionally need chrome.

This is new. It's different.

It might be a version thing...

Plus, my phone uses chrome, and it signs in fine and dandy.

So we're talking about the windows (10) version of chrome.

I just verified I was able to sign in on my phone.

No joy here on my PC.

Thank you.

The rest of this is a browser test, please ignore if possible.

I read that MSIE 11 has a fault in that it will not paste, and it seems to be true, although I am guessing (totally guessing, mind you) that there is some obscure setting that needs to be checked or unchecked.
I'd ask about it but I'd get the standard answers

• *MSIE is decrepit.
  • *You have no problems with MSIE, so it must be me.
  • *Use firefox.

So I know better than to ask, but it grates to stew in my ignorance.

I just edited this using Chrome, and it works, but somewhere out there is a smart hot person who knows why MSIE 11 hates the loverslab editor.

Test 2: "edge" (Why does Microsoft name its products with such generic words?)

anyway, a paste-test:

she filmed a video for a conference celebrating women leaders.

OK The paste was very slow but I will choose a different site with less media:

synonyms:
fulminate, go on, hold forth, vociferate, sound off, spout, pontificate, bluster, declaim; More

The weirdest thing just happened in "Edge", everytime I tried to type the google.com website, an address would fill up the address bar.

so I needed to type w(backspace)w(backspace)w(backspace).(backspace)g(backspace) and so forth.

I hate all my browsers right this second!!

--

Then I "reset all settings to defaults"

and it let me sign in.

So either that was it or god changed something.

Archived