Importing races from Oblivion to FO3/NV

roy12

It seems to be possible, after all:

Moonshadow Race in NV

Has anyone around here tried to do something like this for Lop-ears and Xeo races? It'd be nice to see these races in a version of the engine which doesn't run like shit most of the time...

There was a topic in Fallout 3 Underground where this was discussed, and this mod is the result of that topic, but the author didn't seem to try it on Xeo or anything.

Guest Donkey

It was always possible since they all use basically the same engine. But from what i read you should really know what your doing, and only a hand full of people knows how but they aint telling much.

i was looking into a way to import some animations from oblivion to fallout3/newvegas

but it has proven to be more difficult then i thought.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/82758-kfupdater/

This is at least a tool that would allow you to import from oblivion to fallout 3

Well, I've only messed around with meshes once, and it wasn't that complicated, it was just a hair mesh. I've never messed around with animations or anything of the sort.

Have you got any results with your attempts?

The problem would be to get the head/ear meshes from Oblivion to work with Fallout. But creating or modifying head morphs is most likely the hardest thing to do. For example, if you move just one vertice the head won't work anymore - then you will need to create the .egm and .tri files manually to fit the new head mesh. Even if you just import and export the head mesh in blender the morph won't work anymore because blender doesn't export a 1:1 copy of the file (you can look at blender's console, there you will find stuff like "lost 0.000015 bla bla vertices bla bla").

Archived