Forum message edit problems

Bluegunk

Quick question please. I use this Forum a great deal and the Nexus forums too, and both look like they use the same base.

I like to compose my questions / comments in a text editor, then copy and past into the message editor on the forum. That works on most forums but not for this one and Nexus. I do this because I am a bad typist and it takes me ages to get a message right.

I cannot past anything into a regular message box. Nothing. Nada. Nor can I use the Special BB Code utility to, say, put a load order in under a spoiler.

I use bog standard Win 10 on a modern PC. I prefer to use IE11.  Might anyone know where I am going wrong with this, please? I've tried tweaking security and other settings on IE11 (other browsers are available - please I know and I use them, too)!

In hope, thanks!

Thank you Psychmachina. I'll have a look into Java blocking - maybe my antivirus is blocking it, or I need to allow it to be active in a certain way. I've got LL in white lists.

Isn't "ajax-googleapix.com" that 'thing' which fills up behind a browser page causing the back button to be useless??  (Lol).

• 11 months later...

Though it's a longshot and likely not the right answer, are you able to copy and paste from your editor into something basic such as "Notepad"? And if so, could you try selecting in notepad and then copy again to paste to the text input of your message on your browser? It may be a few extra steps, but if it works, it would indicate that it could have more to do with text formatting or hidden special character values somewhere in your editor.

Archived