Good character face saves for FONV?

heavytop

I tried looking at the save games/characters section on Nexus and there are a few decent faces there and I also found a program that can copy one face from a save file to another I think.

Are there better places to look for character faces that people have uploaded? I can't be bothered to make my own and as far as I know FONV doesn't have extensive face mods like Skyrim.

How do you share faceset/facesaves for NV anyway? Does it basically boil down to sharing new game save files?

Unsure. I found this but I have yet to try it. Otherwise I would assume save files, yes.

However even in Oblivion there was a program to copy over face data.

• 1 month later...

How do you share faceset/facesaves for NV anyway? Does it basically boil down to sharing new game save files?

Unsure. I found this but I have yet to try it. Otherwise I would assume save files, yes.

However even in Oblivion there was a program to copy over face data.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34515-facegen-exchange-help/

Googled "facegen exchange" and this was on the results...

The mod seemed to have absolutely 0 feedback from the mod release. I mean damn.

• Download FaceGen demo program
  • Download FaceGen Exchange from what you linked
  • Make the head in FaceGen
  • Save the head to a face save file
  • Use Exchange to convert the face save to a text file
  • Copy just the first block to clipboard from the text file
  • Open up your mod with FNVEdit
  • Paste the data block into the FaceGen data section of a NPC or race

Note that this is Fallout 3/NV we're talking about, so even the best looking face in FaceGen is going to end up looking like a potato in the game. I think if you want the faces to look right you'd have to actually make a new race and have the head from FaceGen as the base nif, or edit the vanilla base head shape. Anyway the bulleted list is how I did it. You can check it out with my mod for yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4yke8g9wejoujth/CustomCharNV.zip

Guest endgameaddiction

True, nothing happens applying the values to Race. Unless it alters one of the default vanilla presets I believe. I was confusing that with applying the hex values from your PC to a NPC.

Archived