Nightasy Mods - My Fallout 4 Collection

Nightasy

Jane Bod is open source provided you follow the permission rules on the mod page for Jane Bod.

The head may be tricky because the head has tri files. Changing the base model requires that you also make adjustments to the morphs in the head's tri file. I have yet to mess with the head model myself so you're on your own there.

So is it just me, or is Body of Alice better than Janes

Why is Janes so great?

^^^Ergo, that's bait. Don't take it.

I think it's not a good idea to turn a thread into a comparison war. While I could hop right in on that bait and start bashing another person's work I choose not to do so. As extremely tempting it is to lay it all out there, that's just not my style. That would be unprofessional. I happen to like Caliente and Ousnius and respect them as fellow modders. We are not going to use this thread as a flame war. I would also like to request that no one else use this thread as a comparison war or to bash anyone's work.

If you want to know what makes the "Jane Bod so great" as you put it, then just try it out. The mod speaks for itself.

The potential for a flame war is a bad thing, I would agree, so I have deleted the post. I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nightasy, you made really great and easy to follow tutorials on how to convert things to JaneBod but unfortunately as i'm trying to convert Skyrim armor to JaneBod things get a little bit complicated for me. I have the armor in game alright, the problem i'm having is the armor doesn't have any texture on it, it just shows black.. I tried to assign textures on the Outfit studio but the UV map is all over the place, i'm not sure if Outfit Studio can fix that. If i try to edit the texture path on nfskope the game just straight out CTDs. If you can make a video about how to put the texture on the converted armor it'd be really great!  :shy:

Yea, I still gotta do some more tutorials. Need to remake a few of the videos I already made cause I have a better workflow now. Been sick this past month so I haven't been able to record. I'm all stuffy this time of year and I don't want a repeat of my Skyrim videos with me sounding like I'm swallowing boggers ery 10 seconds. :P

Yea, I still gotta do some more tutorials. Need to remake a few of the videos I already made cause I have a better workflow now. Been sick this past month so I haven't been able to record. I'm all stuffy this time of year and I don't want a repeat of my Skyrim videos with me sounding like I'm swallowing boggers ery 10 seconds. :P

i've been watching your skyrim conversion tutorials and honestly you sound just fine!

Well anyway i managed to 'fix' the uv map issue, turns out i extracted the wrong texture for the armor, now it works thanks to your tuts!  :D

result.png

Would it be possible for you to add a body fat slider or sliders for each section? I love the musculature of the Jane body, but I want to make my character a little meatier too.

I'm pretty much done with morphs at this point. You can use the Fo4 Vanilla morph in the full body section to add a bit of overall thickness to the character. It does exactly what you're talking about because the vanilla model is much thicker then both CBBE and JB. So using it will add some overall thickness back to the model. You can also explore the sliders a bit more as there are several thickness sliders throughout the 376 long morph list.

Just wanted to say i absolutely love your Jb Body mod. I wanted to thank you for the time and effort you put into all the details/ sliders available. I've used pretty much every body mod available at one time or another, and JB is absolutely the best (in my opinion).

Keep up the amazing work! It is very much appreciated! I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

P.S.

Thank you to all the modders out there as well. Much respect!

• 3 weeks later...

BODY PHYSICS, OH YEA!

Alrighty then... Just added a body physics version as an optional download to the Jane Bod files page.

You can use it as the default shape or you can build your own shape in BodySlide for it. In BodySlide it will be called JaneBodBodyPhysics. This is a work in progress version of the body that implements butt and breast physics into the Jane Bod. I am still exploring the bsClothExtraData node and making adjustments as necessary. The body physics version of the body is considered beta and as such there are no clothing articles made for it yet. This body actually has custom physics variables implemented into the bsCloth node.

Currently it really only implements butt physics. It has some breast physics but they are very very subtle. I am still in the process of understanding how physics are assigned in the bsClothExtraData node and how physics work in FO4. Thanks to DexesTTP and Ousnius I can actually make edits to the physics block in the nif file now. However, the bsClothExtraData node is a doozy. I mean, it's huge and there's a lot of fields so it's going to take me a bit to figure it all out. I think I have the butt physics working pretty good so I figured I would share my progress with all of you. Thanks to Ousnius (and me for updating the Maya script) I can also now rig to clothing bones in Maya so I'll be able to make clothing for the physics varient of the body once I'm happy with it.

Anyhow, enjoy and feel free to offer feedback on the physics variant. Again, don't bother saying anything about the boobs yet, I haven't really done much with the breast phyics, just the butt right now. btw, the physics variant might be a little unstable right now. I'm still trying to figure everything out so I can't confirm that it won't crash you from time to time. I don't know if it will, just throwing that out there. It's all undiscovered territory so consider it in an alpha state.

That's the old youtube channel. Check out the new one.

Brain Poof

It has fallout 4 stuff.

HEEEY!

So IT WAS YOU!! I watched some of your latest videos from Brain Poof a couple of days ago and I thought the voice sounded familiar, lol, You sir brought a lot of knowledge my way like I'm sure you did to others as well with your old channel, and for that I am forever grateful!

Great job with the new channel too, however, I honestly think the intro is a bit too long though. Great Channel Nevertheless :P

It's Good to have you back Nightasy  :)

Nightasy, love the jane bod, already said that to you, but just a question...

In bodyslide i don't see the sliders slip into categories, they are all together, is something wrong with my instalation or is that the way is suposed to work?

Btw i will test the physics you add, i think i will gonna make all my outfits for janebod if this works fine :)

In bodyslide i don't see the sliders slip into categories, they are all together, is something wrong with my instalation or is that the way is suposed to work?

Btw i will test the physics you add, i think i will gonna make all my outfits for janebod if this works fine :)

That can happen if you have the CBBE.xml in your 'Tools/BodySlide/SliderCategories' folder. The JaneBod.xml that organizes the sliders into categories gets kind of overridden by the CBBE.xml that organizes the CBBE body sliders into categories. It has to do with how BodySlide handles categories. Ousnius knows about the issue but it's not a priority for him right now. You can move the CBBE.xml out onto your desktop when working with the Jane Bod and put it back in that folder when working with CBBE. Doing so won't break anything and it's pretty much the only work around for that issue currently.

Test it, CTD... :(

But as long as it works, looks nice! I think the butt could jingle a little more, like the hdt, but as far as i can see, is a 1000% improve over the vanilla.

Yea, the butt moves nicely but it's not entirely stable. I'm still exploring the matter. The CTD happens to me at random too and I haven't pinpointed the cause of it yet. I don't know if it's being caused by my physics settings or by the compiler that decodes and encodes the hkx file. Both the Jane Bod physics variant and the tool I am using to decode and encode the bsClothExtraData are still very much in an alpha state.

That can happen if you have the CBBE.xml in your 'Tools/BodySlide/SliderCategories' folder. The JaneBod.xml that organizes the sliders into categories gets kind of overridden by the CBBE.xml that organizes the CBBE body sliders into categories. It has to do with how BodySlide handles categories. Ousnius knows about the issue but it's not a priority for him right now. You can move the CBBE.xml out onto your desktop when working with the Jane Bod and put it back in that folder when working with CBBE. Doing so won't break anything and it's pretty much the only work around for that issue currently.

Test it, CTD... :(

But as long as it works, looks nice! I think the butt could jingle a little more, like the hdt, but as far as i can see, is a 1000% improve over the vanilla.

Yea, the butt moves nicely but it's not entirely stable. I'm still exploring the matter. The CTD happens to me at random too and I haven't pinpointed the cause of it yet. I don't know if it's being caused by my physics settings or by the compiler that decodes and encodes the hkx file. Both the Jane Bod physics variant and the tool I am using to decode and encode the bsClothExtraData are still very much in an alpha state.

I don't see a connection too, the CTD caused with only my player in jane bod, i run i walk, climb some stairs, run and walk and bam, on other time i could run and walk a little more, but the CTD happens to me in about 40 to 60sec, i don't test too much, don't know if this time is normal...

Really hope you find the answer to this, your solution for the softbody is smart and in my opinion very simple, the only problem i see is to how to update stuff to this, because for what i understand, the physics values must be set on the nif, so every piece must have the same value, if a outfit with a lot of jingle fix to a piece of outfit that don't have lots of jingle you can have a lot of clipping and other problems, but this is just me thinking, i really don't know much about physic in fo4...

I really like the jane bod, i am not using it yet because the triangle limitation, i read your reasons and i agreed with you, but i like to see people of all sizes and shapes around, anyway, each time a jane bod arrive to any mod i do i am very happy and publish on the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the vanilla conversions have some wicked distortion around the breast if you even think about having a preset larger than an A cup. I don't think my preset is really that obscene. I know I have the breasts on the larger side, but I do think they're still within reason. Here's some examples of the clipping/distortion:

image.jpgimage.jpg

With the largest offender being the Courser outfit, which gets even worse the larger you go:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I can understand if some of the problem is a lack of polygons for the vanilla outfits, but the problem is not exclusive to the vanilla outfits:

image.jpgimage.jpg

An there have been people who have successfully converted the vanilla outfits with little to no distortion with larger breasts (although for CBBE).

One last problem that I see with a lot of the conversions and outfits (and this is not a problem exclusive to your conversions, but a problem that I see in a lot of BodySlide conversions) is that the outfit doesn't really conform to any sort of larger breasts naturally (1, 2).

Anyways, you have a really great body here, and I really appreciate everything that you've done with it. I think I read on the Nexus or somewhere here that you're bogged down with actual work right now, so I'm not expecting you to jump in fix every little issue, but I did think it would be worth mentioning.

If an outfit clips your body shape then it's not something that I will personally fix. When I set up the sliders for the outfit I simply go through each slider and make sure that the particular slider isn't clipping. So any one slider won't clip. When multiple sliders are combined they can sometimes clip. Most of the time they don't but when they do you have to fix it yourself. There's just far too many possible slider combinations for me to take up that mantle. It's not like it's hard for anyone to go in and make slight adjustments for their personal preset when necessary.

Regarding certain vanilla outfits having some polygonal form well that's mostly due to the vanilla outfits being low poly. I did the vanilla conversions just so they'd be available. I don't have the time nor the interest to fix the large breasts from causing it. They would need subdivided at least once to increase the poly count. They aren't perfect and they likely will never be perfect because I don't really care about the vanilla outfits. I don't even use them when I play. They also look fine with medium and small breast sizes which is what I mostly use when I play so it's a non-issue for me personally. It kind of boils down to me not really having any time for it and not being interested in fooling with it when I do have time.

Yeah vanilla armors for any beth game have never converted great unless done in a 3d tool like blender or 3d max. I have seen many posts in Gerra6's clothing converter thread asking why this outfit or that outfit converts bad and it was always the same low vertices as well as the vertices not having real form like a body does ones that have vertices that actually follow the form of a body will convert the best. Many daz items will convert the same way as a vanilla armor in the clothing converter because the vertices have no form and when it tries to convert outfits or items with vertices like that you get many that come out boxy looking nipple areas become pointy areas and also the clipping. If the vertices actually matched the body they would probably convert better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived