Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightasy Mods - My Fallout 4 Collection

Nightasy Skimpy Jane Bod JB Fallout 4 Fo4

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

cooperdk

cooperdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

You responded, thanks. :-)

But my response back to warrant this is, there are muscles and tones, etc for CBBE too. So.

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

But my response back to warrant this is, there are muscles and tones, etc for CBBE too. So.

I'm not sure if you realize that Jane Bod has 376 morphs. So.

(Seriously bruh, you're being uncool. If you don't want to use someones mod then don't come into their spot and attempt to discourage them. Just move it along bruh and stop being rude.)

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Updated the Highschool Heaven mod so it uses all 376 sliders. Everything should be up to date. Now to start making more stuff.

Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Nightasy, wtf is this mod you speak of!  And what are you're permissions?

To ppl that don't like the skin texture, what exactly do you find unlikable?

How to you find the comparison between Quixel and Substance Painter/Designer?  Why aren't we using MARI!?  Are you using Spec/Gloss throughout or are you using PBR metal/rough and then exporting as Spec/Gloss? 

What page do I go to, to learn how to use your mod body/sliders/etc.?

I learning ZBrush, and think I can make pretty smexy stuff, and IF I can bake the SSS in Substance Painter into the diffuse map or something, that would make the skin look pretty cool...idk how to do that yet without baking in the shadows, which blows.  I think I can do something like that in ZBrush too, but I'm way too noobie yet, but advancing fast.

NYC resident in victim disarmament zone:

Attached File  Fallout4 2016-02-03 21-21-15-81.jpg   119.78KB   6 downloads

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Permissions are listed in the main post at the bottom as the "Conversion Rules" as well as on the Nexus Mod page for the Jane Bod. You can find links to them on main post for this thread.

You pretty much have to bake the shadows into the diffuse. It's the only way you can do it for Fo4, as to my knowledge. I've yet to really polish my method for substance painter setup with Fallout 4. Currently I bake out a spec/gloss PBR and then I use various filters and hand painting to setup the gloss and specular maps because Fallout 4 kind of uses a weird psuedo PBR. It's not exactly true spec/gloss pbr. I hunted around and found a spec/gloss shader for the Substance Painter viewport, sorry I don't have the link to it anymore.

I've found that a combination of parts of the thickness, ao and gloss maps with some photoshop magic can wield some close resemblance to whatever wizardry Beth came up with in there psuedo PBR. In the end you still have to do some hand painting to get some good results. Best way I've found is to use their vanilla maps and work up a routine to mimic the awkwardness of it. I'd share my routine but I'm still messing around with it. The DomiRaider shows a good example of the outcome from my current spec/gloss routine.

Regarding the skin texture, the first skin wasn't all that great but many don't know it's been updated. It has since improved but only one screenshot has been updated, frankly it looks fine to me now. I'm actually quite fond of it in it's current state. I've seen a few posts here and there of people saying they even like the current skin better then they like other skin textures. There's also now a quite popular skin conversion mod (linked in the main post for this thread) by OniNigma that is available as an option. The only other really popular skin mod that I know of that has yet to be converted is Nuclear Nude.

SBx82

SBx82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

If anyone's interested in CBBE Bodyslide conversions of Night's work, I posted a couple on the Nexus with his permission (you're a modding god, btw!) 

Here are the links:

Highschool Heaven

DomiRaider

Might do some more in the future. Keep up the incredible work, Night!

garg

garg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

I'm not sure if you realize that Jane Bod has 376 morphs. So.

(Seriously bruh, you're being uncool. If you don't want to use someones mod then don't come into their spot and attempt to discourage them. Just move it along bruh and stop being rude.)

Yes it's an amazing feat all those morphs, so many ways to customize the body shape - not just muscles and tones. I switched immediately, anyway I can support Jane Bod I will!

Demonhunter

Demonhunter

Mhm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Said i was waiting for new textures an now they arrived \o/ Switching over tonight.

Now to convert 100 outfits ._.

Thanks Night for your hard work man. an dont let the haters get you down. This body mod is amazing an will kick off when ppl start making outfits for it.

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

So is it just me, or is Body of Alice better than Janes

Why is Janes so great?

^^^Ergo, that's bait. Don't take it.

I think it's not a good idea to turn a thread into a comparison war. While I could hop right in on that bait and start bashing another person's work I choose not to do so. As extremely tempting it is to lay it all out there, that's just not my style. That would be unprofessional. I happen to like Caliente and Ousnius and respect them as fellow modders. We are not going to use this thread as a flame war. I would also like to request that no one else use this thread as a comparison war or to bash anyone's work.

If you want to know what makes the "Jane Bod so great" as you put it, then just try it out. The mod speaks for itself.

Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Spoiler

I have the PBR spec/gloss shader, for SP,  but I agree, idk wtf Bethesda is really doing with their spec maps, but I'm getting close to the effects I want now.  It would be cool still to get the PBRSSS to make it thru into the game damn it...

I will look at the DomiRaider and OniNigma stuff.

I'm gonna look at your mod, can I make mesh changes for whacky scifi effects given the wasteland is radioactive and I believed in comic books when I was growing up?  Or that really is not possible?  I want to make an Ex Machina girl body based on someone's mesh and rigging, but Idk if I can do so with either your's or CBBEs or anyone elses...I'm hoping I'm just ignant.  (I can fix ignant)

Do you have any idea what's going on with the head weighting system? I tried to make Lucy Liu, idk y, and I did the "right" things to convert the mesh into exactly what the basefemalehead.nif is, and it looked like this, and I got traumatized (I know there's a head nif with rigging, but I could not replace their mesh with mine by copying in and deleting theirs, it's too big for me to understand the nif at this time):

Spoiler

I mean, the texture and mesh looks ok:

Spoiler

I ask you, cause you seem like the bone expert.  Did the guys that made Arnold, etc., in your opinion, just sculpt within the game?  I think so now.

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Jane Bod is open source provided you follow the permission rules on the mod page for Jane Bod.

The head may be tricky because the head has tri files. Changing the base model requires that you also make adjustments to the morphs in the head's tri file. I have yet to mess with the head model myself so you're on your own there.

craiden64

craiden64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

So is it just me, or is Body of Alice better than Janes

Why is Janes so great?

^^^Ergo, that's bait. Don't take it.

I think it's not a good idea to turn a thread into a comparison war. While I could hop right in on that bait and start bashing another person's work I choose not to do so. As extremely tempting it is to lay it all out there, that's just not my style. That would be unprofessional. I happen to like Caliente and Ousnius and respect them as fellow modders. We are not going to use this thread as a flame war. I would also like to request that no one else use this thread as a comparison war or to bash anyone's work.

If you want to know what makes the "Jane Bod so great" as you put it, then just try it out. The mod speaks for itself.

The potential for a flame war is a bad thing, I would agree, so I have deleted the post. I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Just uploaded the first version of the Hmm What To Wear mod for the Jane Bod.

andresss

andresss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi Nightasy, you made really great and easy to follow tutorials on how to convert things to JaneBod but unfortunately as i'm trying to convert Skyrim armor to JaneBod things get a little bit complicated for me. I have the armor in game alright, the problem i'm having is the armor doesn't have any texture on it, it just shows black.. I tried to assign textures on the Outfit studio but the UV map is all over the place, i'm not sure if Outfit Studio can fix that. If i try to edit the texture path on nfskope the game just straight out CTDs. If you can make a video about how to put the texture on the converted armor it'd be really great!  :shy:

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Yea, I still gotta do some more tutorials. Need to remake a few of the videos I already made cause I have a better workflow now. Been sick this past month so I haven't been able to record. I'm all stuffy this time of year and I don't want a repeat of my Skyrim videos with me sounding like I'm swallowing boggers ery 10 seconds. :P

icanglqueen

icanglqueen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Would it be possible for you to add a body fat slider or sliders for each section? I love the musculature of the Jane body, but I want to make my character a little meatier too.

andresss

andresss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yea, I still gotta do some more tutorials. Need to remake a few of the videos I already made cause I have a better workflow now. Been sick this past month so I haven't been able to record. I'm all stuffy this time of year and I don't want a repeat of my Skyrim videos with me sounding like I'm swallowing boggers ery 10 seconds. :P

i've been watching your skyrim conversion tutorials and honestly you sound just fine!

Well anyway i managed to 'fix' the uv map issue, turns out i extracted the wrong texture for the armor, now it works thanks to your tuts!  :D

Spoiler

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Would it be possible for you to add a body fat slider or sliders for each section? I love the musculature of the Jane body, but I want to make my character a little meatier too.

I'm pretty much done with morphs at this point. You can use the Fo4 Vanilla morph in the full body section to add a bit of overall thickness to the character. It does exactly what you're talking about because the vanilla model is much thicker then both CBBE and JB. So using it will add some overall thickness back to the model. You can also explore the sliders a bit more as there are several thickness sliders throughout the 376 long morph list.

Nightasy

Nightasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Added 9 more clothing articles to the JB - Hmm What To Wear mod for mixing and matching.

Jenasta

Jenasta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Just wanted to say i absolutely love your Jb Body mod. I wanted to thank you for the time and effort you put into all the details/ sliders available. I've used pretty much every body mod available at one time or another, and JB is absolutely the best (in my opinion).

Keep up the amazing work! It is very much appreciated! I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

P.S.

Thank you to all the modders out there as well. Much respect!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nightasy, Skimpy, Jane Bod, JB, Fallout 4, Fo4