HI, so I'm kinda new to the modding thing and I recently installed the prison overhaul and all its requirements. However, the prison overhaul doesn't seem to be working.  Its on the MCM menu and I could customize it but when I do go to jail nothing happens. For instance, I turned sleep in jail to pass sentence option off but it still let me sleep to pass the jail sentence.  Furthermore, nothing actually happens to my female character while she is in jail.  I used the wait option to see if I could trigger a scene but nothing happens.  I am using LOOT so my load order should be right.  Does anyone have an idea of whats going on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant explain why but months ago I didnt have a problem with the mod then i reinstalled it with latest patch and now it barely works and when I say barely the guard will run up to my char and arrest me, I lose control and that's it. I have the original 033 file the 033 fix and the latest patch, I cant remember if I used the original 033 file when it all went wrong or I decided to try it later, all I do know is using it later results in graphical issues. Regardless however another issue that is a sure sign something is wrong is the fact when i change settings especially some settings they will revert to default or 0 like information is not being stored. I use Mod Organiser so I thought if there was an issue uninstalling the mod and reinstalling would have fixed the issue but it hasnt so now I am asking if theres a fix or perhaps there another place I can find files other than the mods directory that may need deleting to bring everything back to a clean install.

• 7 months later...
On 13.4.2017 at 12:15 PM, Drek71 said:

I cant explain why but months ago I didnt have a problem with the mod then i reinstalled it with latest patch and now it barely works and when I say barely the guard will run up to my char and arrest me, I lose control and that's it. I have the original 033 file the 033 fix and the latest patch, I cant remember if I used the original 033 file when it all went wrong or I decided to try it later, all I do know is using it later results in graphical issues. Regardless however another issue that is a sure sign something is wrong is the fact when i change settings especially some settings they will revert to default or 0 like information is not being stored. I use Mod Organiser so I thought if there was an issue uninstalling the mod and reinstalling would have fixed the issue but it hasnt so now I am asking if theres a fix or perhaps there another place I can find files other than the mods directory that may need deleting to bring everything back to a clean install.

Hi! I know this has been ages since any activity to this thread, but did you figure out what the problem was? I'm experiencing literally the exact same that you're writing about here. Did you find a fix?

Maybe make a "clean save" after uninstalling the mod?

from the Scent of Sex mod description:

You can uninstall the mod, load a game, wait one minute, save the game, then install the new version.
Or you can use a Save Cleaner tool.

• Download a Save Cleaner tool like Save game script cleaner
  • Duplicate your last save game, just in case
  • Run the save cleaner tool, and open the file with your save game
  • Click on "Mod Editor" and then select Scent of Sex and then click on "Delete selected mods forms" and "Delete selected mod script"
  • Go back to the main window, and put "ssx" on the Scripts filter, select the first script and continue until all of them are deleted.
  • Save the save game with the save button.
  • At this point, your save game should be clean now, and you can install the new version of the mod.

Instead of "Scent of Sex" search for the xazPrisonOverhaul.esp and the xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp and remove all their mod forms and scripts.

Then search for xpo in the main window and only delete scripts that have names starting with these three letters.

After that I would still load the game without the mod installed, wait a minute and resave. And then check the savegame with the script cleaner again and do the obligatory cleaning stuff if necessary.

And only then I would reinstall the mod.

Edited by Bazinga
3 hours ago, PGHEON said:

Hi! I know this has been ages since any activity to this thread, but did you figure out what the problem was? I'm experiencing literally the exact same that you're writing about here. Did you find a fix?

If memory serves I had an outdated dependency , I also think it was part of DD Equips dependencies or at least it was someone over on that forum that gave me the answer. Of course I cannot remember which file but it was probably something like papyrus or another file that gets overlooked.

15 hours ago, Drek71 said:

If memory serves I had an outdated dependency , I also think it was part of DD Equips dependencies or at least it was someone over on that forum that gave me the answer. Of course I cannot remember which file but it was probably something like papyrus or another file that gets overlooked.

Right. I made sure once more that everthing is up to date, all the dependencies, and the dependecise dependencies, but nothing worked so far.

7 hours ago, PGHEON said:

Right. I made sure once more that everything is up to date, all the dependencies, and the dependencies dependencies, but nothing worked so far.

Sorry to hear that, I know your pain but as I'm no guru on this topic I'm not sure how much more help i can be. One thing that does come to mind is perhaps there's a load order issue as well. Slaverun just got a small update so I thought I'd look at that again and found that my papyrus needed to be after sexlab framework for it to stop telling me it was out of date and the inflation framework to then work, yet everything else before the change that was asking for papyrus v33 decided it was all good and work. Aarggh.

Edited by Drek71
8 hours ago, Drek71 said:

Sorry to hear that, I know your pain but as I'm no guru on this topic I'm not sure how much more help i can be. One thing that does come to mind is perhaps there's a load order issue as well. Slaverun just got a small update so I thought I'd look at that again and found that my papyrus needed to be after sexlab framework for it to stop telling me it was out of date and the inflation framework to then work, yet everything else before the change that was asking for papyrus v33 decided it was all good and work. Aarggh.

Made sure that my load order should be alright, and never had any other problem on that part. But what do you mean 'papyrus needed to be after selxab framework' exactly? As far as I know, Papyrus doesn't have an esp. to be placed in the load order, since it's just an plugin for SKSE? Or am I completely mistaken right now? 

17 hours ago, PGHEON said:

Made sure that my load order should be alright, and never had any other problem on that part. But what do you mean 'papyrus needed to be after selxab framework' exactly? As far as I know, Papyrus doesn't have an esp. to be placed in the load order, since it's just an plugin for SKSE? Or am I completely mistaken right now? 

I'm going to assume your using mod organiser if not well you should.
So on that assumption, in the priority list you will have your line up of mods and frameworks, sexlab framework and papyrus being two of them and the point of this discussion. The priority list allows mods higher (Greater number) on the list to overwrite whatever common files the two have of the lower priority mod. This isnt to be confused with the load order which delegates a differnt kind of priority to mods. eg. Maria Eden a very heavy scripted mod likes to be last in the load order.

Prior to slaverun my papyrus was being overwritten by sexlab and by all accounts didnt seem to effect Prison overhaul so my guess is it doesnt use a later version of files that papyrus and sexlab share.

Saying that theres not telling if my prison overhaul was working at 100% before the swap whatever i fixed to get some functions to work may have only brought it up to a more functional state not a perfect one.

Perhaps what you need to do is make sure that mods are placed correctly in your priorities so files that prison overhaul depends on are not being replaced by an mod with an older version of the file types they share.

• 1 month later...

Hey all! I hope am  not late and someone helps me out here!

Everything works fine till the time my pc is taken to the pillory, that's where all goes outta control. First my pc appears to be in the position of being trapped in the pillory except the pillory isn't there but away from her!

Nextly, I guess because of some / quite a few? sex mods, once in that position, npc after npc comes to 'quench' their thirst upon my pc and it seems to be like an endless phenomenon!!

Any help would be appreciated

Ran fnis twice, no problems there, LOOT returned no errors too!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...