So what are the differences between all the body Types?

Almodo

Back in Skyrim, I vaguely remember about bodies being UNP, CBBE, and CHSBHC (that's a mouthful). Main difference being that UNP is the slimmer one, CBBE is mid-size, while CHSBHC is, uh, how do you say it, va-va-voom!

Now having run away from Skyrim and finding myself in Mojave Wasteland, I got even more confused about the body types, considering that now there are numbers in it. Type 3, Type 3M, Type 6M, Type 3 BG, Type V...blarg.

What are the differences between those? Also looking at Kendo 2's body pack, what are the main differences between them aside from the bust size? I did open them in nifskope and at least managed to understand that Alice is very slim and petite, Type V has a protruding belly, but Berry (+variants), Cali (+variants), HD, Hentai, and the others? Yeah those baffle me.

I would much appreciate it if anyone well versed in this formography (ha) can enlighten my ignorant behind. m(_ _)m

The difference is shape, plain and simple. Most all you have listed share the same UV map so textures are roughly interchangeable unlike UNP vs CBBE. Some have different breast, hip, and or butt size. All are potentially weighted differently.

From my understanding (read pulling from thin air)  T3 originated in Fallout 3 along with Type V, Type 6 came along when NV came out, why they have numbers? Your guess is as good as any. Any that have T3 in the name are derivatives of the original Dimon Type 3 set from Fallout 3 (Alice, Berry, Cali < A Cup, B Cup, C Cup.).

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4280/?

HD - has more polys

Hentai - has puffy nipples and is based on T3F

Kendos variants take the standard T3 models and give them boob jobs. Kendo's mesh pack here on LL is a good place to start, high quality meshes and textures.

Unfortunately looking in Nifskope is the best way to go other then looking at the pictures of each on the Nexus or here on LL, really you should look at the armor packs you want to use and use the body that corresponds with those unless you plan on running around the wasteland naked or modding your own armor.

Bullets will kill your naked ass quicker than a sword :P

Edit: Added link to Mojave Delight

Also look on second page of image section here for some comparison

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44312/?

(Alice, Berry, Cali < A Cup, B Cup, C Cup.).

Ha! I knew that looking at the nifs that this must have been the case.

Actually I pretty much settled already for a Type 3 (probably a B-cup). The bodies don't matter much because at the moment I'm doing a cosplaythrough (which means a single outfit more or less start to finish). The outfit I'm using currently is the Lady retexture. The problem is fizz99 or Xaznom lost the master files so no chance of it getting reweighted to a different weight (I'd so love a Cali re-weight...), so body choices don't really matter.

Thanks for the explanation. Mojave Delight sure does illustrate the differences well. Thanks!

You can re-weight yourself in blender to any body and or add bounce to breasts but that outfit is already using Dimons Cali body, or so its says in nif file, but it don't have bounce. Also since your coming from skyrim there is no butt or belly bounce, just breast.

Ya that fizz outfit was always one of my favorites, funny nexus banned him but leave all his stuff up, lol.

• 4 years later...

Feeding off the topic, I have a couple of questions.  I haven't installed mods to a game since Sims 2. FONV seems a little more complex.

Of the body types out there, how many Body type (Type 3, type 6, and so on) replacers can we actually install to FONV?

21 hours ago, akaReddog said:

Feeding off the topic, I have a couple of questions.  I haven't installed mods to a game since Sims 2. FONV seems a little more complex.

Of the body types out there, how many Body type (Type 3, type 6, and so on) replacers can we actually install to FONV?

You can only install 1, but if you use a mod manager, you can remove the body mods+outfits for that body more easily.

Archived