Is an armor value optional?

And a small recommendation - don't get too complicated. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to deal with everything.

Are you talking about the ini file I posted earlier?

For consistency sake clothing should have an armor value of 0. I don't think it actually matters because skyrim ignores armor ratings on clothing. 

Here is an all clothing, all armor rating 0 file. Just be sure to rename it when/if I release the xEdit script

ArmorRatingsByDeviceName.ini -AllClothing.ini.7z

Okay.

I am thinking of mods that give you an armor buff when naked, like Untamed. Currently, you can wear EDD and still get that buff. But, if you wear clothing or armour, you lose the buff.

Sorry misunderstood you there. 

I will check out untamed and pet collar when I get closer to a finished mod and then see if I can make it compatible. There is a little trickery going on behind the scenes in new EDD to make things smoother than before but it might cause complications. Just for fun I checked cursed loots slut collar there and it definitely does not work with armored EDDs. Not sure why it was working before. 

The problem is cursed loots, dcur_library.psc, checknaked() function

if libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorBoots) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorClothing) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorCuirass) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorDarkBrotherhood) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorGauntlets) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorHeavy) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorHelmet) || libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorLight) || (libs.playerref.wornhaskeyword(dcumenu.ArmorJewelry) && !dcumenu.slavecollarjewelleryallowed) 

wornhaskeyword It's a bit broad in that it considers what the actor is wearing all at once. Doesn't matter if the armor also has another keyword that would disqualify it. Not sure what I can do on my end except remove the armor heavy and armor light keywords from edd. But then that will affect other things I'd imagine. It's a case of the lesser of two evils. 

Or two versions, perhaps? :angel:

One without the keywords and one with, maybe? :angel:

Btw, I do play with Devious Training. I also set it to take the longest length of time to train, but disable all the jingles and alert enemies. I figure that's a good price to pay for the benefits of the EDD enchantments :)

Or two versions, perhaps? :angel:

One without the keywords and one with, maybe? :angel:

Btw, I do play with Devious Training. I also set it to take the longest length of time to train, but disable all the jingles and alert enemies. I figure that's a good price to pay for the benefits of the EDD enchantments :)

I've just tested there that removing the keywords definitely stops the punishment effect. It would be fairly simple to remove the code from the tesedit script that adds the keywords or add an option to do it. But like I said I don't know what the knock-on effects would be. Perhaps armor training wouldn't work. Perhaps it doesn't work anyway because DDs don't use conventional armor slots. 

Thing is, and I've just noticed this after using cursed loot for forever, that the slut collar actually seems to neutralize all armor anyway. At least with a full set of iron gear. Other modders may just have to implement a different detection method. In the case of the slut collar I suspect it's done that way because it's faster (performance wise). 

Anyway. A little more progress on the MCM today. 

enb_2017_10_26_23_34_21_34.png

Some of it probably looks familiar because I'm going to use the old distribution system which was the best thing about old Edd really. Need to add a couple of more options like additional penalty for non revealing body slot armor/clothing. 

Also need to figure out a API method. I want other modders to be able to target your strongest abilities. So say your a mage character then have the mod equip strong magicka and destruction EDDs or if your the two handed type have them reduce the two handed skill + stamina. 

Who can guess what this Mcm page does? :)

Vib_mcm.png

Vibration events will now trigger brief enchantment increases or decreases of all Edds. Chance of positive or negative buffs will depend on the number of equipped devices and something else I'll get to later. If you have a unenchanted weapon equipped when the vibe event starts it will gain a random vanilla (for now at least) enchantment for a brief period. The strength of the weapon enchantment will be increased by the number of devices equipped, the vibration strength and the length of time you character is er... vibrating. The weapon enchantment will be removed if you change or unequip the weapon. 

I'm trying to implement enchantment increases for weapons that already have an enchantments. Magnitudes will start low for unenchanted weapons but start at the value of the current magnitude for already enchanted devices. They'll also not be random that way you can control it sort of. 

Corrupt.png

Script now creates "corrupted devices". These devices will act like equipped clothing, dragging your magnitudes back down by a certain amount. Except that you can't take these off easily, making Edds a bit of a doubled edged sword. Adding an API for other modders to add these to you. So if they want to pacify your character they should equip some normal edds along with some corrupted DDs. I'm thinking of adding a function that randomly swaps out normal devices for corrupted devices when another mods adds them to you but I'm not sure. Think it might conflict possibly. 

Other than that, fixed a nasty bug in the tesedit script and the script now creates api formlists. 

About the api. If anyone knows how to get the editor name of a formlist in a formlist (nested) in papyrus I'd love to know. All I can seem to return is the formid which is not useful since they are created dynamically by the tesedit script. I'm not convinced my current method is reliable. 

Edit: Oh and added an option to the tesedit script to not add the ArmorLight or ArmorHeavy keywords. 

Edit2: The number of restraints and chastity keys you are carrying will also decrease your mags. 

Just in case you did not already know this:

You can change magnitude weight handling in your MCM menu so they do not have to add up to 100%.

In other words: before scaling things, add up all the weights. If they are all zero, disable the next bit.

Then, for each weight, the effective percent weight would be: (100.0 * raw_weight) / total_weight.

(This might also address some of your rounding issues? Maybe not, though - I am just guessing about those...)

Just in case you did not already know this:

You can change magnitude weight handling in your MCM menu so they do not have to add up to 100%.

In other words: before scaling things, add up all the weights. If they are all zero, disable the next bit.

Then, for each weight, the effective percent weight would be: (100.0 * raw_weight) / total_weight.

(This might also address some of your rounding issues? Maybe not, though - I am just guessing about those...)

Yeah I know, it's on the main page :P

But there's still errors at 100

But seriously, I recommend people don't use old edd. It has a couple of fairly serious deficiencies. You won't be able to upgrade to the new version anyway because practically nothing is the same except for some of the mcm code for level list creation.

Speaking of which. The api is done. Might post it later if modders want to look over it and give suggestions. You'll be able to equip edds by: 1. device type. 2. actor value and device type & 3. Corrupted devices by device type. I'm considering adding a way to equip specific device sub-types. Ie red restrictive boots vs white ebonite pony boots. But it could be fairly intensive.

Might also post a preview version of the tesedit script so people who want to build their own version can get a feel for how it works. NOT to start building their mega merge as I might still make some changes. I'll also need to start creating a guide to using it. I'll probably use the 2nd post to create it. There may be some notification spam. Sorry.

Speaking of which. The api is done. Might post it later if modders want to look over it and give suggestions. You'll be able to equip edds by: 1. device type. 2. actor value and device type & 3. Corrupted devices by device type. I'm considering adding a way to equip specific device sub-types. Ie red restrictive boots vs white ebonite pony boots. But it could be fairly intensive.

You could just make it so that you can change the colour at the tanning rack or something like that, that way if they get say the black stuff but want white they can go to the whatever crafting station, select the boot and have all the extra colours show up and it will just swap them for whichever colour they want, preferably without removing the old ones or stuffing up the scripts attached.

Especially if there are no other materials needed in the colour change bit of it.  Though this part of it could be changed into a massive cross the world multiple times scavenger hunt for all the bits needed to create the item that would allow you to change the colour as and when you wanted.  And make it so that the only way to use the item to change the colours would be if you have the item whose colour you want to change equipped.

You could just make it so that you can change the colour at the tanning rack or something like that, that way if they get say the black stuff but want white they can go to the whatever crafting station, select the boot and have all the extra colours show up and it will just swap them for whichever colour they want, preferably without removing the old ones or stuffing up the scripts attached.

Especially if there are no other materials needed in the colour change bit of it. Though this part of it could be changed into a massive cross the world multiple times scavenger hunt for all the bits needed to create the item that would allow you to change the colour as and when you wanted. And make it so that the only way to use the item to change the colours would be if you have the item whose colour you want to change equipped.

It's an interesting idea. I'm trying to think how it could work technically. Definitely not with the tanning rack though. It would take too many COBJ records.

Maybe something like the enchantment swapper mod where if you hold a particular book, say "Red Restrictive Boot Design" changes an enchantment table into a container which you dump the required items into. And then "remove" your boots to the container which of course DDi Will block but then a script will swap out your boots.

Something like that will be a long way off though. Let's get the mod and basic gameplay elements rights first.

It's an interesting idea. I'm trying to think how it could work technically. Definitely not with the tanning rack though. It would take too many COBJ records.

Maybe something like the enchantment swapper mod where if you hold a particular book, say "Red Restrictive Boot Design" changes an enchantment table into a container which you dump the required items into. And then "remove" your boots to the container which of course DDi Will block but then a script will swap out your boots.

Something like that will be a long way off though. Let's get the mod and basic gameplay elements rights first.

Alternate textures might well work though I have no idea how they work or can be swapped out.

And yeh, cobj would be a pain for it 2 for each armour piece minimum, depending on what was to be done possibly more as well, though from what I remember there are only 3 colours in the various devious devices stuff, red, white and black, well unless they added more since I last looked at it anyway.

Red to white

Red to black

Black to white

Black to red

White to black

White to red.

Alternate textures might well work though I have no idea how they work or can be swapped out.

And yeh, cobj would be a pain for it 2 for each armour piece minimum, depending on what was to be done possibly more as well, though from what I remember there are only 3 colours in the various devious devices stuff, red, white and black, well unless they added more since I last looked at it anyway.

Red to white

Red to black

Black to white

Black to red

White to black

White to red.

5 if you include ebonite variations. And the new dd beta has 15 colors of catsuit, Gloves, boots, collars :)

5 if you include ebonite variations. And the new dd beta has 15 colors of catsuit, Gloves, boots, collars :)

Ackk, that is even worse but there again I have not really paid much attention to devious devices recently, as when I rebuild my mod list most of the devious devices/sex lab stuff will be stripped out, due to me not really using it much.

Sorry guys. There is a problem with the TesEdit script when building devices that already have enchantments - Bra, Belt, Corset. I'm working on a fix. 

For now use only on anything else. 

Ok, should be fixed. Just built Bras, Belts, Corsets, Harnesses, Suits, Plugs and piercings into the one file so should be fine.

See the download section for 1.1. 

Delete the entire 'EDD' folder in the TesEdit directory before installing the new version just to be safe. 

This might be rounding errors?

If so, maybe instead of going for 100 (and dividing by 100), go for 128 (and divide by 128). Or 256.. instead of 100... 

(1/100 is an irrational number in the numbering system used by skyrim. But 1/128 and 1/256 are both rational numbers.)

This might be rounding errors?

If so, maybe instead of going for 100 (and dividing by 100), go for 128 (and divide by 128). Or 256.. instead of 100...

(1/100 is an irrational number in the numbering system used by skyrim. But 1/128 and 1/256 are both rational numbers.)

Ah ok. I see what you mean now. My math is pretty rusty :)

I'll keep it in mind for the rewrite.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, IliasVela said:

Not a modder, but tried to give the new version a try, however I can't get any of the device enchantments to apply to my character, followed the guide correctly and even tried creating the esp a second time but it just won't work :confused:

Chances are this will require a complete new build for the new devious devices.  Mind you have they not said the new version of devious devices is not compatible with the old one?

9 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Chances are this will require a complete new build for the new devious devices.  Mind you have they not said the new version of devious devices is not compatible with the old one?

That's true it could be because of the new version, but the devices do in fact have enchantments on them so I looked over that part once I saw them, I guess I'll have to wait for moonman to reply and/or update the script

On 1/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, IliasVela said:

Not a modder, but tried to give the new version a try, however I can't get any of the device enchantments to apply to my character, followed the guide correctly and even tried creating the esp a second time but it just won't work :confused:

Hi, the esp provided with the tesedit script doesn't do anything. It's just a placeholder that contains records that the tesedit script uses. As stated at the top of the guide :tongue:

It can not be used in game until the main esp is released. If you console yourself an item it will not actually provide an enchantment anyway. Enchantments are provided by the main esp. The provided esp is just a placeholder for required records for script processing.

A proper working version has not yet been released. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Hi, the esp provided with the tesedit script doesn't do anything. It's just a placeholder that contains records that the tesedit script uses. As stated at the top of the guide :tongue:

A proper working version has not yet been released. 

Hah, I don't even know how I missed that top portion of the post, well damn
Also got your username wrong in my last post

• 1 year later...