Changing the appearance of a modded NPC

PanEXE

For example lets say I want to change Mirai.  The only way I've come up with is to use Alternate Actors which doesn't work to well for this.

Use this NPC Visual Transfer Tool http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64875/?

That's an interesting way of doing it.  But could I possibly export Mirai's face to edit with racemenu on my character, then export it back to her?  I don't really want to change her face, I just want to give her freckles and red hair.  Could this work with others as well?

If all you want to do is add freckles and red hair, you don't need to do any of the mesh replacing stuff.

If you open the head mesh in the meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\espname.esp\ folder, under the FemaleHead object, open BSLightingShaderProperty > BSShaderTextureSet and change the detail texture (fourth one down) to the freckle texture. I'd have to look up what it is, but I want to say it's something like actors\character\character assets\tintmasks\femlaeheaddetail_frekles.dds or something like that. If you look at another characters head that already has freckles, you can just look to see what it is or even copy and paste.

And as for the hair tint, under the Hair object in the same mesh, click on BSLightingShaderProperty and scroll down to the "Hair Tint Color" and change it to red. May need to do the same to the hairline depending on your hair selection.

Archived