SLAL - Animations By Leito - 9/12/16

8 hours ago, Shockwolf said:

Hi,

I’m new to this mod and haven’t played Skyrim in a very long time.  I can’t seem to get this thing working.

My download from the given link didn’t even come with a SLAnimLoader.esp file and so the mod manager only installed the SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp file.

What is an MCM?  And how do you even bring up the Sexlabs menu?

Cheers

SLAL is another mod listed in the Requirements section (with a link), you need that mod installed since it is what allows you to select the animations in this mod and tells the Sexlab Framework those new animations are available.

MCM menu is the menus added to the Game Menu that comes up when you press the ESC key by the SKYUI mod which was a requirement for installing the Sexlab Framework so it would have been redundant to list it as a requirement here too.  Look for the "Sexlab Animation Loader" when you have that mod installed and it is where you will find all the animation mods that are packaged for SLAL if you install more than one pack of animations.

9 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

SLAL is another mod listed in the Requirements section (with a link), you need that mod installed since it is what allows you to select the animations in this mod and tells the Sexlab Framework those new animations are available.

MCM menu is the menus added to the Game Menu that comes up when you press the ESC key by the SKYUI mod which was a requirement for installing the Sexlab Framework so it would have been redundant to list it as a requirement here too.  Look for the "Sexlab Animation Loader" when you have that mod installed and it is where you will find all the animation mods that are packaged for SLAL if you install more than one pack of animations.

Thanks for your reply WaxenFigure,

If you mean this https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56976-slal-animations-by-leito-91216/

I already installed that too.

Requirements
SexLab Framework and all it's requirements - DONE
More Nasty Critters and all it's requirements only if you're using the creature pack - NO THANKS
SexLab Animation Loader and all it's requirements - DONE
FNIS - DONE

Didn't work for me, although now that you've mentioned SkyUI... Well I had to ditch that because it doesn't like my extra wide monitor.  It chops the top and bottom off of the UI, so I can't see things.  Even the so called extra wide screen fix didn't work, so I guess I'm screwed for the this mod?  No pun intended. ?

7 hours ago, Shockwolf said:

Thanks for your reply WaxenFigure,

If you mean this https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56976-slal-animations-by-leito-91216/

I already installed that too.

Requirements
SexLab Framework and all it's requirements - DONE
More Nasty Critters and all it's requirements only if you're using the creature pack - NO THANKS
SexLab Animation Loader and all it's requirements - DONE
FNIS - DONE

Didn't work for me, although now that you've mentioned SkyUI... Well I had to ditch that because it doesn't like my extra wide monitor.  It chops the top and bottom off of the UI, so I can't see things.  Even the so called extra wide screen fix didn't work, so I guess I'm screwed for the this mod?  No pun intended. ?

You are NOT out of luck, look for the SKYUI away mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29440).  It restores the horrible Bethesda menus (which you seem to be stuck with) without sacrificing the MCM menu portion of SKYUI so you can have both.

23 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

You are NOT out of luck, look for the SKYUI away mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29440).  It restores the horrible Bethesda menus (which you seem to be stuck with) without sacrificing the MCM menu portion of SKYUI so you can have both.

That might have worked, but I'm not sure.  I don't know how to use this mod. What I am looking for in order to actually make the animations happen?  Is it a spell, an item or something?

And on a side note, unless my menus are now screwed,  I can't even remember how to give items to my companions anymore.  When I ask to trade, if I click on my companions items they get taken off them and go into my inventory, but if I click on an item in my own inventory, all it does is equip it and unequip it.  How the hell do I transfer it to my companions inventory?  I've tried googling this answer and couldn't even find it, except for the Xbox version.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Shockwolf said:

That might have worked, but I'm not sure.  I don't know how to use this mod. What I am looking for in order to actually make the animations happen?  Is it a spell, an item or something?

And on a side note, unless my menus are now screwed,  I can't even remember how to give items to my companions anymore.  When I ask to trade, if I click on my companions items they get taken off them and go into my inventory, but if I click on an item in my own inventory, all it does is equip it and unequip it.  How the hell do I transfer it to my companions inventory?  I've tried googling this answer and couldn't even find it, except for the Xbox version.

Cheers.

With SKYUI and SKYUI Away installed you should have the MCM Menus added to the main screen you get when you press escape but still be able to have the original Bethesda menus for all the other actions.

You will still need to go into the MCM menu for Sexlab and tell it to "Install" and after Sexlab tells you it's ready go into the MCM Menu for SLAL and select the animations you want to add to Sexlab (in addition to the ones Sexlab comes with) and then tell it to register those animations with Sexlab.

If all you've installed is the Sexlab Framework (Sexlab), the Sexlab Animation Loader (SLAL) and this SLAL pack then yes, you need another mod to actually initiate some sort of actual in-game use of the the framework to see sex acts occur. 

There is an increasingly obsolete index here of mods you can add which inject sex into the game

That index is no longer complete but it does still cover the majority of the mods available though it only lists any one mod in only one category and many of them actually belong to several categories.

For an easy start, I suggest using the Sexlab Matchmaker mod which does in fact provide a pair of spells. One spell to use on yourself to include your player in a sex act and one to use on others to include them.  It's biggest drawback is that you have to cast the spells on everyone you want to include in the sex act very quickly because once the first spell is cast a timer starts and when that timer expires the sex act will start with those who've already been included, get a little bit slow and you can leave someone out who you intended to include.

Thanks again Waxen,

I think I've got it working now.  As it turns out I also missed a couple of files out that I needed.  It's an easy mistake to make with this being a maze of files to look for.  You read the requirements, you follow one link, which leads to another page of writing about one file that also happens to have a list of requirements and so and so on.  It's very easy to get lost and miss things.  It's more complicated than doing a bunch of spaghetti style fetch quests in a game.  It's a shame there isn't just one big compiled package with everything needed in it to get this to work.  

Cheers again for your help. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, johnathonmorri said:

It would be nice for people to stop throwing out dog sh+t for people to download, thinking the mod will work, when the author doesn't script the mods correctly. Nobody wants trash even if its free. get it right!

Says the great contributor with 2 posts, no mods and no explanation of what he is talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, WaxenFigure said:

Copy and paste the TEXT  from the FNIS output Window here.  You describe a classic failed FNIS run, using that text we can almost always see the problem and tell you what you need to do to get it working.

How could it be a failed FNIS run without any Warnings? I would have mentioned that. That's the weirdest thing. NOTHING seems to be giving an indication there's a problem, and yet, there is a problem. All I want to do, is figure out what stupid thing I missed that could be causing this horrendous problem with ANY animation pack loaded with SLAL.

But here's my FNIS report anyways. Anything ODD?

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   17/12/18 12:25:30 AM
Generator: C:\Games\Skyrim Legendary Death Knight Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim 32bit: ??.??.?? - 

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" 
Patch: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat" 

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...
Reading MomoAJ V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
 16 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 45 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 45 total groups: 89 added file slots: 1144 alternate files: 721

Creature Pack not installed

1961 animations for 8 mods successfully included (character).

16 hours ago, Lynche6669 said:

How could it be a failed FNIS run without any Warnings? I would have mentioned that. That's the weirdest thing. NOTHING seems to be giving an indication there's a problem, and yet, there is a problem. All I want to do, is figure out what stupid thing I missed that could be causing this horrendous problem with ANY animation pack loaded with SLAL.

But here's my FNIS report anyways. Anything ODD?

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   17/12/18 12:25:30 AM
Generator: C:\Games\Skyrim Legendary Death Knight Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim 32bit: ??.??.?? - 

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" 
Patch: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat" 

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...
Reading MomoAJ V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
 16 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 45 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 45 total groups: 89 added file slots: 1144 alternate files: 721

Creature Pack not installed

1961 animations for 8 mods successfully included (character).

I don't see anything related to the Tk Dodge / Ultimate Combat mod in  the list of mods.  Marking patches for mods you don't have = animations not working.

19 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

I don't see anything related to the Tk Dodge / Ultimate Combat mod in  the list of mods.  Marking patches for mods you don't have = animations not working.

I have TK Dodge and Ultimate Combat, and they actually overwrite each other with a file, so I assume that's why I need to tick the patch. Am I not supposed to tick the patch when I have them installed? 

Besides, you are implying my animations are not working properly. They actually work wonderfully. All my combat animations added by Violens, XMPSE and its add-ons, as well as Sexlabs base animations, and ZAZ Animation pack all work wonderfully. The animations, fucking or not, work great. But any animations added by SL Animation Loader will NOT work at all. I can even have them both isntalled at the same time, and all my Sexlab animations work EXCEPT the animation packs registered by SLAL (Leito's and Billy's).

On 12/18/2018 at 3:45 PM, Lynche6669 said:

I have TK Dodge and Ultimate Combat, and they actually overwrite each other with a file, so I assume that's why I need to tick the patch. Am I not supposed to tick the patch when I have them installed? 

Besides, you are implying my animations are not working properly. They actually work wonderfully. All my combat animations added by Violens, XMPSE and its add-ons, as well as Sexlabs base animations, and ZAZ Animation pack all work wonderfully. The animations, fucking or not, work great. But any animations added by SL Animation Loader will NOT work at all. I can even have them both isntalled at the same time, and all my Sexlab animations work EXCEPT the animation packs registered by SLAL (Leito's and Billy's).

Then you didn't install them properly somehow then because your FNIS run doesn't show them as being added.  If they were installed where FNIS expects them then FNIS would be listing them and since FNIS didn't list them it also didn't add them so if SLAL found those packs even though FNIS did not you'd have Sexlab trying to play animations that aren't available.

Edit: Are you using Nexus Mod Manager?  Because it has a "feature" that is turned on by default that excludes any .TXT files from installing and .TXT files are what FNIS is looking for to find animations to be added which might explain how this happened.  Turn off it's option to not install "Readme" files and that will allow the .TXT files to be installed.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:17 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Then you didn't install them properly somehow then because your FNIS run doesn't show them as being added.  If they were installed where FNIS expects them then FNIS would be listing them and since FNIS didn't list them it also didn't add them so if SLAL found those packs even though FNIS did not you'd have Sexlab trying to play animations that aren't available.

Edit: Are you using Nexus Mod Manager?  Because it has a "feature" that is turned on by default that excludes any .TXT files from installing and .TXT files are what FNIS is looking for to find animations to be added which might explain how this happened.  Turn off it's option to not install "Readme" files and that will allow the .TXT files to be installed.

That makes sense, sort of. I do use NMM. I found that option and enabled the "extraction of ReadMe" as NMM put it. But how is it that my game is running beautifully, well except for having to refresh animations in the FNIS MCM menu every ten minutes of gameplay? Wouldn't that mean I have to reinstall ALL of my animation-associated mods, run FNIS, and then test, and then install SLAL and the two packs and then run FNIS, and test again? I mean, what is the next step after enabling txt files?

I only ask because I can't use LOOT, so reinstalling mods is a pain because I have to guess the load order until the game stops crashing when I load, and then boom, I can play. I've read anough about it to guess where things go pretty well though.

5 hours ago, Lynche6669 said:

That makes sense, sort of. I do use NMM. I found that option and enabled the "extraction of ReadMe" as NMM put it. But how is it that my game is running beautifully, well except for having to refresh animations in the FNIS MCM menu every ten minutes of gameplay? Wouldn't that mean I have to reinstall ALL of my animation-associated mods, run FNIS, and then test, and then install SLAL and the two packs and then run FNIS, and test again? I mean, what is the next step after enabling txt files?

I only ask because I can't use LOOT, so reinstalling mods is a pain because I have to guess the load order until the game stops crashing when I load, and then boom, I can play. I've read anough about it to guess where things go pretty well though.

Run FNIS.  Look at what mods containing animations it displays versus what mods required FNIS, any mod not listed needs to be repaired (might be simpler to extract the files to a temp folder and simply place the missing .TXT file needed by FNIS into your game folders manually).

That is why so many of us have moved from NMM to MO.  Installing mods out of order is not a problem with MO because you get a screen to change the order.  You can also detect file level conflicts and decide whether they may be causing problems and even change which file gets ignored and can test those changes and easily undo them if they break things.   It's a bit more complicated than NMM but overall gives you a lot more control.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, WaxenFigure said:

Run FNIS.  Look at what mods containing animations it displays versus what mods required FNIS, any mod not listed needs to be repaired (might be simpler to extract the files to a temp folder and simply place the missing .TXT file needed by FNIS into your game folders manually).

That is why so many of us have moved from NMM to MO.  Installing mods out of order is not a problem with MO because you get a screen to change the order.  You can also detect file level conflicts and decide whether they may be causing problems and even change which file gets ignored and can test those changes and easily undo them if they break things.   It's a bit more complicated than NMM but overall gives you a lot more control.

I can understand that, but as long as I have a backup of my mod isntallation, I'm not worried. But, that's a great idea! Extracting the TXT files like that from the FNIS list. 

One more question about that process though: How does my game not recognize SLAL loaded animations but all other animations it does, even without the proper txt files? Is it just the last straw or something?

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had an issue with Skyrim and had to uninstall reinstall all mods. The only issue I seem to be having is that some objects in this and other animation mods are not appearing such as the double dildo in this mod and the torture rack in Funnybiz animations. Furniture and the like are showing, but just a few objects aren't appearing. What can I do to make them appear?