What does this mod actually do? (HDT Breast and Butt Physics)

mrsmexythebeast

This is the mod I'll be referring to in this post, HDT Breast and Butt Physics:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54044/?

I've been seeing a few mods here and there that list this mod as a requirement, despite me having used those mods without this and them having worked perfectly. Just by installing HDT itself you can give your game breast and butt physics, so what does this mod (the description is shit, by the way, so I can't figure it out from its page) actually do? Does it simply tweak the already-present breast and butt physics from HDT and make them more to the mod author's liking? Does it enable some different type of physics despite there already being physics?

Those who, truly, know, please help alleviate my questions in regards to this mod. I will be very grateful.

~Smexy

If you look at the files, it's just xml settings for HDT physics. Generally nobody uses the defaults because they're crap lol.

DefXml is the head for dll, if you don't understand it ,does not make it auto-crap  ;)

Don't understand what? The defaults are generally crap. I'm not sure what "understanding" has to do with anything.

Half of the dampening and restitution settings are set to zero. Gravity is zero. Object radius is set way too small for most bodies. inertia settings are unrealistically balanced.

The default settings are overwritten by almost every HDT based mod for a reason. They are purely bare minimum settings.

This is the mod I'll be referring to in this post, HDT Breast and Butt Physics:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54044/?

I've been seeing a few mods here and there that list this mod as a requirement, despite me having used those mods without this and them having worked perfectly. Just by installing HDT itself you can give your game breast and butt physics, so what does this mod (the description is shit, by the way, so I can't figure it out from its page) actually do? Does it simply tweak the already-present breast and butt physics from HDT and make them more to the mod author's liking? Does it enable some different type of physics despite there already being physics?

Those who, truly, know, please help alleviate my questions in regards to this mod. I will be very grateful.

~Smexy

To give you a proper awnser (instead of blaming defaults etc.) this mod is exactly what you described:

simply tweak the already-present breast and butt physics from HDT and make them more to the mod author's liking

Depending on the author you may have collison enabled jiggly effects stronger or lower whatever the author likes I tested the mod you linked a while ago and for my taste even the less jiggly version he has is stupidly unrealistic I stay with my own you can tweak the .xml files yourself or search a preset to your liking if you want to switch away form default

The default hdt settings are in my opinion way better then most of the presets I dont like jelly especially the butt physics are often exaggerated in my eye's guess I like it more firm instead of jello

To give you a proper awnser (instead of blaming defaults etc.)

"They're xml settings for HDT" is a fairly proper answer. There's no "blame" anywhere.

Depending on the author you may have collison enabled jiggly effects stronger or lower whatever the author likes I tested the mod you linked a while ago and for my taste even the less jiggly version he has is stupidly unrealistic I stay with my own you can tweak the .xml files yourself or search a preset to your liking if you want to switch away form default

The default hdt settings are in my opinion way better then most of the presets I dont like jelly especially the butt physics are often exaggerated in my eye's guess I like it more firm instead of jello

Not a fan of the linked settings or most of the popular ones myself either. They add the extra objects(such as belly node or hands) but usually crank the settings and it's ridiculous. Knightmare's settings from the Bounce and Jiggles set or Bazinga's Naturalistic HDT are usually pretty good. Only need minor tweaking if you want a firm bounce. But my characters are usually on the curvier side, so "realistic" is relative.

Thank you for the replies.

This makes a world of sense now. I can't say I'm a fan of the over-exaggerated jello breasts either, so I'll probably either stick with default or check out some other presets. Modifying them myself sounds interesting as well; how would I go about doing so?

Get JFF and start reading basics first.It is actually pretty simple to understand them.

Archived