SexLab 1.6: very slow bestial animations starting?

I wanted to try the mod "Sexlab Cumshot" but to do that would involve upgrading my Sexlab mod to 1.6.  I'd been running 1.59 without any problems at all, so I jumped into this with both feet.

The first message I got was that my version of JContainers was outdated.  I upgraded that, and then was informed that I should also update SKSE (installed the Netimmerse Override).   After getting all the requirements fulfilled, I started playing.

I'm attaching my rather long load order below.  The key sex mods are Beastess, More Nasty Critters, TDF Prostitution, and Radiant Prostitution.

The most glaring difference right off is that whenever a beast decides to "rape" me, my character freezes for several seconds while the beast path-finds to me (under 1.59, they instantly teleported to my location).  Then the strip and sex animations fire off very slowly.  It looks to me like the whole sequence takes 4 or 5 times the amount of time it did with the old SexLab mod.

Maybe this isn't the fault of 1.6.  Maybe some other mod is interfering (I removed a couple like Animal Mansion, and am about to remove Radiant).  Maybe I screwed something up.  Whatever it is, my game is running fine except for the really super-slow creature animations.  I wanted to find out if others were having this problem and/or if there's any suggested fix?

Thanks!

loadorder.txt

I wanted to try the mod "Sexlab Cumshot" but to do that would involve upgrading my Sexlab mod to 1.6.  I'd been running 1.59 without any problems at all, so I jumped into this with both feet.

The first message I got was that my version of JContainers was outdated.  I upgraded that, and then was informed that I should also update SKSE (installed the Netimmerse Override).   After getting all the requirements fulfilled, I started playing.

I'm attaching my rather long load order below.  The key sex mods are Beastess, More Nasty Critters, TDF Prostitution, and Radiant Prostitution.

The most glaring difference right off is that whenever a beast decides to "rape" me, my character freezes for several seconds while the beast path-finds to me (under 1.59, they instantly teleported to my location).  Then the strip and sex animations fire off very slowly.  It looks to me like the whole sequence takes 4 or 5 times the amount of time it did with the old SexLab mod.

Maybe this isn't the fault of 1.6.  Maybe some other mod is interfering (I removed a couple like Animal Mansion, and am about to remove Radiant).  Maybe I screwed something up.  Whatever it is, my game is running fine except for the really super-slow creature animations.  I wanted to find out if others were having this problem and/or if there's any suggested fix?

Thanks!

Hm, i don't really have a comparison since i've never played with 1.59, but it sounds like it shouldn't be that way... some time between triggering scene and start is usual, depending on your scriptload, but animations should work fine. I think i even remember that there was a similar topic some time (1-2 weeks?) ago, maybe you can find it. Not sure if they found a solution though.

Hm, i don't really have a comparison since i've never played with 1.59, but it sounds like it shouldn't be that way... some time between triggering scene and start is usual, depending on your scriptload, but animations should work fine. I think i even remember that there was a similar topic some time (1-2 weeks?) ago, maybe you can find it. Not sure if they found a solution though.

Thanks, Nazzzgul.  The animations work fine once they actually start.  But for some reason, the animals aren't teleporting to me at the beginning when I see the message "xxxx is aroused and begins to rape you".

Actors walking to the point where the animation is to be played is a new feature of SexLab. It is doing what it has been designed to do.

As of the new version of SexLab it is my experience that all animations take longer to start. Which makes sense given all the new stuff SexLab is doing when starting an animation.

I am quite certain, however, that Animal Mansion is not the cause of this slowness. What made you think that it was?

Oh, yes :( I've just read sexlab 1.6 and forgot that there's already a new version... i'm still using 1.60. I'm quite sure Animal mansion isn't the reason either since it's quite light and stable, i don't know Beastess personally but i've heard that it's quests are buggy. Untamed has similiar features, but no quests if it's that and you really need to search for alternatives. This message sounds intresting though, is that beastess? Or aroused creatures?

DIdn't try the new version yet and according to description it's much lighter, but the last one was so script heavy that i had to remove it, everything became screwed by that. If you use it, you might try the new one or without it.

Actors walking to the point where the animation is to be played is a new feature of SexLab. It is doing what it has been designed to do.

As of the new version of SexLab it is my experience that all animations take longer to start. Which makes sense given all the new stuff SexLab is doing when starting an animation.

I am quite certain, however, that Animal Mansion is not the cause of this slowness. What made you think that it was?

For one, I've had weird problems with Animal Mansion that are unrelated to 1.6.   Dialog missing, etc.  I thought I had read in the 1.6 conflicting mods thread that several other sex mods weren't working well with the update.  Radiant was one, I believe, but I removed Animal Mansion "just in case" since it wasn't performing reliably for me anyway.

Thank you for the response, though.  If it's working as intended, then there's my answer.  I'll just have patience when an animation begins and wait for it to complete.   With Beastess, which features more numerous beast rapes, it gets distracting even though it's working. 

I will do two things:  one, lower the search radius for victims; and 2, if it becomes too annoying I'll either remove Beastess or downgrade to 1.59 for the duration of the current game.

Thanks!

This message sounds intresting though, is that beastess? Or aroused creatures?

I believe the message is actually from Apropos

For one, I've had weird problems with Animal Mansion that are unrelated to 1.6.   Dialog missing, etc.  I thought I had read in the 1.6 conflicting mods thread that several other sex mods weren't working well with the update.  Radiant was one, I believe, but I removed Animal Mansion "just in case" since it wasn't performing reliably for me anyway.

Thank you for the response, though.  If it's working as intended, then there's my answer.  I'll just have patience when an animation begins and wait for it to complete.   With Beastess, which features more numerous beast rapes, it gets distracting even though it's working. 

I will do two things:  one, lower the search radius for victims; and 2, if it becomes too annoying I'll either remove Beastess or downgrade to 1.59 for the duration of the current game.

Thanks!

This message sounds intresting though, is that beastess? Or aroused creatures?

I believe the message is actually from Apropos

Just to note it: I partly had missing dialogues with animal mansion too, but i guess they are caused by scriptlag or SD/SD+, especially because i had similiar problems with other mods as well. The dialogogues usually appeared after i tried it later/several times, or just waiting while the dialogue box is opened. If you don't have SD and SD+, i would know that they aren't the reason. But that was with sexlab 1.60 as well, so i don't know if it's a problem with SL1.61.

In my experience scriptlag causes the weirdest bugs, especially because i can reproduce them (with he same save), but nobody else, and they disappear/reappear from time to time.

Just to note it: I partly had missing dialogues with animal mansion too, but i guess they are caused by scriptlag or SD/SD+, especially because i had similiar problems with other mods as well. The dialogogues usually appeared after i tried it later/several times, or just waiting while the dialogue box is opened. If you don't have SD and SD+, i would know that they aren't the reason. But that was with sexlab 1.60 as well, so i don't know if it's a problem with SL1.61.

In my experience scriptlag causes the weirdest bugs, especially because i can reproduce them (with he same save), but nobody else, and they disappear/reappear from time to time.

I agree completely.  One of my goals now, as I try to "slim down" my build for better performance, is to remove mods that involve too much dialogue/scripting and duplicate the actions of another mod, starting with those that I've played through mostly. 

Animal Mansion is one - it's a great mod with very few problems, and frankly the biggest lesson I learned lately was that if you run Beastess, which involves a lot of random, unexpected sex with animals, along with Animal Mansion you're going to be starting over dialogue trees more than once as sex tends to interrupt the questgiver's dialogue.  So next build I do, it's going to be one or the other but not both.  Meanwhile, I've taken Animal Mansion out of my build for now and won't put it back in if I have Beastess running.  I only stick with Beastess because this is my first experience with it and I want to complete the quests first.

Script lag seems to be a bugaboo with a lot of mods, but I'm used to it and generally do a slow count to 10 to let the next dialogue line fire.  But that's a little different from not getting the first line of the next stage offered - "Can we talk about our business?".  Leave the mansion, do other stuff, check load order, save, come back and try again.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I don't blame the mod.

I'm on a brand new PC with 12GB of RAM and a quad i7 CPU, GTX970 card,  but the basic Skyrim game only partially takes advantage of that.  I still have some of the same problems I had with my old i3/8GB/GTX670 machine.  Here's hoping Fallout 4 mods will be different once they really start to get going.

I've also noticed a drastic increase in CTDs since upgrading to 1.61.  So this morning,  I took the drastic step of downgrading back to 1.59.  It just seemed to work better for me.  Still more work to do on my build to get it to function efficiently, but for now I won't have to worry about animations stopping play for so long.  At this rate I might just have to start my 4,291st new game with a new character.  I can never seem to get past level 30 before my games start to get wobbly, even though save game size remains at a consistent <12k per file.

I've also noticed a drastic increase in CTDs since upgrading to 1.61.  So this morning,  I took the drastic step of downgrading back to 1.59.  It just seemed to work better for me.  Still more work to do on my build to get it to function efficiently, but for now I won't have to worry about animations stopping play for so long.  At this rate I might just have to start my 4,291st new game with a new character.  I can never seem to get past level 30 before my games start to get wobbly, even though save game size remains at a consistent <12k per file.

I know what you mean ;) And it seems i should try beastess as well, but not together with animal mansion. I didn't know that beastess triggers sex without any action from or "asking" the player, i agree that this can be a problem especially with the mansion. As i said, i don't have a real comparison, but SL 1.60 is quite stable for me... maybe you can find it anywhere and try this as a compromise?

If there isn't an option to skip the walking, it's definitly a reason to avoid SL 1.61 for me as well. It might be fine for mods like TDF, or the mansion, where the player is close to the partners anyways, but i guess it's really annoying for several mods like beastess, or aroused creatures or the sex attacks of cursed loot. Especially with skyrims partly "wtf are you trying dumbass?" pathfinding. In my main save i have most saves around 15k but still quite stable, and i'm partly surprised by myself... there are _very_ few games i started again after one playthrough, and i usually played with doing everything and exploring (and collecting) all, but straight through... now i find myself starting a new game every two weaks because i want to try a new mod which needs a new start or at least a new character in mind. Actually i'm not so much the-holy role game player either, but now i start almost every new game with a new body(mod) and face. LL changed my gaming ;)

It seems, to see at least half of the vanilla game, i have to play it vanilla, i've bought skyrim last year and never went to the grey beards twice, or finished any guild quests, i didn't even start the vampire part...

I know what you mean ;) And it seems i should try beastess as well, but not together with animal mansion. I didn't know that beastess triggers sex without any action from or "asking" the player, i agree that this can be a problem especially with the mansion.

Other mods, like "Random Sex", trigger sex ambushes at odd times.  I don't have Random loaded in this build but I've used it quite a few times - it has MCM options for creatures, but I was never able to get creatures to fire like I did for human NPCs.  By the time this character was level 15 or so, she'd been "raped" by about 600 creatures, so it's a question of the player's patience and expectations.  I'm playing this character as a wild thing who prefers the company of beasts to that of humans (not that she is adverse to selling herself to humans for some spending money).

Beastess grants you various buffs that are good for regular play, like animal companions, invisible armor,  and other buffs.  It's actually a pretty impressive mod if you like playing with animals :)

there are _very_ few games i started again after one playthrough, and i usually played with doing everything and exploring (and collecting) all, but straight through... now i find myself starting a new game every two weaks because i want to try a new mod which needs a new start or at least a new character in mind. Actually i'm not so much the-holy role game player either, but now i start almost every new game with a new body(mod) and face. LL changed my gaming ;)

It seems, to see at least half of the vanilla game, i have to play it vanilla, i've bought skyrim last year and never went to the grey beards twice, or finished any guild quests, i didn't even start the vampire part...

I started playing Skyrim at release, back in 2011.  Add each DLC and so many mods I've lost track.  Finished the main questline multiple times and Dawnguard maybe twice.  I keep meaning to dabble with the Civil War but have never declared an allegiance, and I've never played as a vampire.  There are so many different things to do, but I keep going back to the comfortable way I've usually played.

Other mods, like "Random Sex", trigger sex ambushes at odd times.  I don't have Random loaded in this build but I've used it quite a few times - it has MCM options for creatures, but I was never able to get creatures to fire like I did for human NPCs.  By the time this character was level 15 or so, she'd been "raped" by about 600 creatures, so it's a question of the player's patience and expectations.  I'm playing this character as a wild thing who prefers the company of beasts to that of humans (not that she is adverse to selling herself to humans for some spending money).

Beastess grants you various buffs that are good for regular play, like animal companions, invisible armor,  and other buffs.  It's actually a pretty impressive mod if you like playing with animals :)

The last part is the same with untamed :) It doesn't have any quests, and doesn't make creatures rape you, but you can collect a pack by 'mating call' or just get raped by another mod like defeat and toggle the MCM option for adding creatures after sex. You get more spells/shouts to command your pack if you have sex and each time an additional little buff as well as the creature, sex with humans costs you one of those little buffs, though. After some times you can spawn the last creature you had sex with by giving birth. It's made to play a nude wildling who avoids humans, or at least try so ;)

Archived