How to use the ignore function

The original ignore function was pretty worthless.  You could block people from their profile but you could still see their posts.  The new function is a bit better (don't know which update it was, though).  Here's a tutorial on how to use it.

First, go to the top bar and click the drop down arrow to the right of your username.  You'll see a screen that looks like this.

post-6264-0-09857400-1453394529_thumb.jpg

You'll want to select manage ignore prefs, which will take you into this screen.

post-6264-0-05263700-1453394530_thumb.jpg  

Simply type in the user's name that you want to ignore.  A list of names similar to the one you're blocking may pop up, depending on how many users have a name similar to what you're typing in.  Simply select the correct one, what you want to block from them in the selection boxes next to the name, and click save changes. 

Later on, when you go into the ignore prefs menu, you'll see the user's name and options of what to block from them, which you can change at any time, if you need to get in contact with them or something.  The screen behind the name will look like this

post-6264-0-04898400-1453394531_thumb.jpg

And that's how to use the LL block users function ^^

• 2 months later...
Guest endgameaddiction

People have gotten really stupid with sigs. Which is why I use a spoiler.

Would be nice if it was possible to hide certain topics

In many cases signatures are really annoying, especially when they are really big.

I block them quite often.

I do not block people or PMs.

That's what confused me. If someone was harassing you, just get a mod to ban or punish his or her ass. If you're simply getting annoyed at what someone is saying, I would think it wouldn't be hard to just ignore them without resorting to having to use a ignore function.

I hope you don't mind mine, I didn't like having the ability to have a signature but have no idea what to say or use in it. And it bothers me thinking about not having one.

Guest endgameaddiction

I hope you don't mind mine, I didn't like having the ability to have a signature but have no idea what to say or use in it. And it bothers me thinking about not having one.

No, yours is perfectly fine. I mean like big images and gif images that's bigger than the comment box. I tend to ignore those. If people are going to go that crazy over a sig, they can at least put it in a spoiler so it doesn't take up space on a page in someone's face.

@RapidWaterOver

When you put someone on the ignore list all it does is hide their posts you can still see what they have posted if you click on the reveal hidden post and read it if you refresh the page or leave and come back the post will be hidden again. You can also remove people from your ignore list later if needed.

I use it a lot for half assers and people that make a habit of not spoilering big ass pictures and have also used it on a few trolls.

Yeah there are quite a few with big ass signatures either their picture is over the size limit or they have too much crap crammed into it. I either hide their signature or if it is being caused by a big ass picture I'll block their picture you can also tell who has and who hasn't read the site rules if they have a GIF in their signature/avatar then they probably didn't read them because they would know that GIFS are not allowed.

Yeah that is what I do I adblock a lot of things into oblivion it also rips those blocked pictures out of peoples quotes and anywhere else it is at and blocks it also works great on color fonts basically if it's not attached to anything it can usually be blocked.

I remember back when steam had their paid mod thing I never saw any of it as I had adblocked everything to do with it as they had their separate place and were not attached to anything.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but if you ignore someone, can they still see your profile/posts/files? Just ignored someone, but I specially don't want them to see or have access to my mods/posts since all they do is leave cringe ass negative replies on people's mod threads totally unprompted.

I guess what I'm asking is if the ignore function is similar to twitter's block function. And if it isn't, is there any plan to include such a function?

On 2/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, DoMopi said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but if you ignore someone, can they still see your profile/posts/files? Just ignored someone, but I specially don't want them to see or have access to my mods/posts since all they do is leave cringe ass negative replies on people's mod threads totally unprompted.

I guess what I'm asking is if the ignore function is similar to twitter's block function. And if it isn't, is there any plan to include such a function?

Thank you brave one for reviving a 5yo thread, I do have the same doubt, hope someone answer to our cause instead of nagging of the excavation

• 6 months later...