Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

I really hate to do this again....  the ghosts aren't working in the new version. The hex  for them doesn't do anything.  I tested everything else, except the wolf hex.

Hmmm.....I'm sure I had them working before. The Hex's can take a while to activate, the idea being that they can get applied and then the player can forget about them until they trigger. The time when they trigger is random and can be (I think) up to 15 minutes of real time. I didn't want them becoming too debilitating. Also, if you have a high arousal then that could stop it from triggering at all....but I'll double check to make sure everything is ok.

cool! im more of a spell user but will definitively try these potions. :P

I'll be doing some spells later today :)

Loving this mod so far! Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback...it is always nice to hear people are enjoying it. :)

EDIT-------------------------------

Just uploaded a new version with the 1st two proper spells added. If you used the console to add spells previously then you were actually by passing part of the mod where it checks for success so in effect your spells would 100% successful.

The new spell books, which can be crafted at a cooking pot, will give you the correct spell.

I could really do with feedback on magicka usage for the spells. I've never really played skyrim as a magic user (i prefer to hit things!) so I really don't know how much magicka these spells should use. They should be cheaper to cast than normal spells seeing as they can back fire etc but not so cheap that a player can just spam them as much as they like, although I guess the more you use them the more chances there are for them to backfire...comments and suggestions welcome as always :)

I had 0 arousal and the message about your body tingles and the curse activating... never got the message at all in the 5b update. it was fine before that. Going to check the new update and see what happens :)   

Hmmm...i can still take a bit of time even after seeing the message...I built in an extra random timer so you get the message as a sort of warning something is about to happen, but you can never be too sure of when.

I'll double check it anyway...

I just "cooked" the books :) and they showed in my inventory, but after activating, they dont show up in the spell lists.

regards

Ah, seems I forgot to assign them to a type of magic. The new version should assign them to the Conjuration school of magic and they are appearing in my game now.

I had 0 arousal and the message about your body tingles and the curse activating... never got the message at all in the 5b update. it was fine before that. Going to check the new update and see what happens :)   

Hmmm...i can still take a bit of time even after seeing the message...I built in an extra random timer so you get the message as a sort of warning something is about to happen, but you can never be too sure of when.

I'll double check it anyway...

I just "cooked" the books :) and they showed in my inventory, but after activating, they dont show up in the spell lists.

regards

Ah, seems I forgot to assign them to a type of magic. The new version should assign them to the Conjuration school of magic and they are appearing in my game now.

That was quick :) I have the spell now to select.. but, not sure if thats intended.. they target myself allways (tried about 10-15 times)

That was quick :) I have the spell now to select.. but, not sure if thats intended.. they target myself allways (tried about 10-15 times)

Ha ha, you can tell I've never made spells before....give me 5 mins :)

Spell ideas...

Sexual Hook... You are cursed...

Magic will not replenish unless you have sex with someone, once a day.

Cure... 10 sex acts to dispel.

Dibella's Curse... No body clothing for 1 week.

The rest of your body is alright, just your torso must be either containing a devious device or naked.

Wearing clothing enrages Dibella, who ravishes you every 10 minutes until you comply.

Summon... Sex Bear...

You summon a mighty bear, who ravishes the first enemy it sees. The encounter is soo exhausting, that the victim is paralysed for 3 minutes.

Backfire effect... If no enemies are present, the horny bear turns on its summoner. No paralysis, but your character is left exhausted, with no stamina for 3 hours.

Summon... Bondage girl.

She runs towards her single victim, attaching up to 6 random bondage items. Casting a blind spell for 10 seconds, so everyone around her goes temporarily blind.

So summon her and run, or suffer blindness for a while...

Backfire effect... If you are at 100% arousal, she turns around and does you instead...

Weapon... Sex staff...

A bolt of energy comes from a magical staff, the victim begins masturbating until their health drops to zero, they then die of a massive sexgasm.

Potion... Animal pheremone

Dip your arrows in this potion, and shoot a human. Any animals or creatures that are nearby will be drawn to the smell...

The animal will be attracted to the victim, forcing its sexual urges on them... Stripping them of their clothing and armour.

Afterwards... animal will turn aggressive on the hapless, unarmed and nude victim...

Slutty girl collar...

When equipped, it will make the wearer unequip their torso clothing to show off their beautiful body, when at 100% arousal.

Reduce arousal to zero, to begin wearing clothing on your body again.

Dispels when 50 people have seen your body... Exhibitionists...

Animal bride ring...

A cursed ring gets equipped, giving you a horny dog follower. The dog forces itself on you every morning, after you sleep.

The ring can only be removed after 2 weeks, or by punching the dog 200 times. Only then will he get the idea that you are not interested, and bugger off...

Atlantean's curse... 

A magical curse, that drains your stamina when wearing clothing in water.

Cure... spend 2 days naked, to appease the gods...

Pro... your cannot drown whilst naked, fish wont attack you.

Con... fish are drawn to attack you, when you wear clothing. Stamina drains in water.

3% chance of getting curse from a fish attack ...

Just some crazy ideas... :)

Spell ideas...

Sexual Hook... You are cursed...

Magic will not replenish unless you have sex with someone, once a day.

Cure... 10 sex acts to dispel.

Dibella's Curse... No body clothing for 1 week.

The rest of your body is alright, just your torso must be either containing a devious device or naked.

Wearing clothing enrages Dibella, who ravishes you every 10 minutes until you comply.

Summon... Sex Bear...

You summon a mighty bear, who ravishes the first enemy it sees. The encounter is soo exhausting, that the victim is paralysed for 3 minutes.

Backfire effect... If no enemies are present, the horny bear turns on its summoner. No paralysis, but your character is left exhausted, with no stamina for 3 hours.

Summon... Bondage girl.

She runs towards her single victim, attaching up to 6 random bondage items. Casting a blind spell for 10 seconds, so everyone around her goes temporarily blind.

So summon her and run, or suffer blindness for a while...

Backfire effect... If you are at 100% arousal, she turns around and does you instead...

Weapon... Sex staff...

A bolt of energy comes from a magical staff, the victim begins masturbating until their health drops to zero, they then die of a massive sexgasm.

Potion... Animal pheremone

Dip your arrows in this potion, and shoot a human. Any animals or creatures that are nearby will be drawn to the smell...

The animal will be attracted to the victim, forcing its sexual urges on them... Stripping them of their clothing and armour.

Afterwards... animal will turn aggressive on the hapless, unarmed and nude victim...

Slutty girl collar...

When equipped, it will make the wearer unequip their torso clothing to show off their beautiful body, when at 100% arousal.

Reduce arousal to zero, to begin wearing clothing on your body again.

Dispels when 50 people have seen your body... Exhibitionists...

Animal bride ring...

A cursed ring gets equipped, giving you a horny dog follower. The dog forces itself on you every morning, after you sleep.

The ring can only be removed after 2 weeks, or by punching the dog 200 times. Only then will he get the idea that you are not interested, and bugger off...

Atlantean's curse... 

A magical curse, that drains your stamina when wearing clothing in water.

Cure... spend 2 days naked, to appease the gods...

Pro... your cannot drown whilst naked, fish wont attack you.

Con... fish are drawn to attack you, when you wear clothing. Stamina drains in water.

3% chance of getting curse from a fish attack ...

Just some crazy ideas... :)

ha ha....I like your thinking. Definitely the animal pheromone has some real potential as that would be quite easy to do either by spawning in the required animal (my personal choice) or by doing it properly and casting an area of effect spell that only effects those types of animals (but that relies on the animal being already present).

Diabella's curse sounds good too. There are already collars in Devious Loot that stop the wearer wearing clothes etc. Perhaps this one could be slightly different in the fact that you can wear clothes, but you risk Diabella being angry if she catches you. e.g. have a random timer running so that she checks what you're wearing every so often. If she catches you then in spawns a ghost to rape the player or binds the player and whips them then steals their clothes (perhaps returning them to the chest in breezehome for those that don't like to lose gear). 

The sex staff spell is essentially Sanguine's Deadly Pleasure so is already there :)

Animal bride could be a variation of the Vaermina's Waking Horror spell....instead of finding yourself naked the room might be occupied by a horny troll/dog/wolf/bear etc etc :D

Going to add some of those to the spell list before I forget...thanks for the suggestions :)

Amazing mod idea...though any chance of flagging the spells so that ASIS picks them up? I think adding a MAGIC keyword lets the latest ASIS with its Improved INIs do that.

Or if you could add the spells to the base mages leveled list, it'd be great.

I think the current spells are a bit too overpowered for use by the general NPC population. Not sure I would want to be instantly

bound and then killed by a mage.

I will produce a some spells for NPCs to use which won't be quite as debilitating.  Might have ago at one or two later to see how it all works. :)

i just tryed it i used console code to get 2 of the animal potions i was in the alternate start cell where the mara statue is i popped 2 potions and the screen started spamming and completely filled with the effect buffs and countless ghost wolfs spawned filling the cell not being able to move they kept spawning first there was 3 then 6 then 9 and so on just from 2 bottles same as the effects that shows on right of screen completely filled the screen after a while it lagged it a lot when the screen and roomm got filled you might need to put a limit on it ie how many effects and ai can spawn from 1 bottle

i just tryed it i used console code to get 2 of the animal potions i was in the alternate start cell where the mara statue is i popped 2 potions and the screen started spamming and completely filled with the effect buffs and countless ghost wolfs spawned filling the cell not being able to move they kept spawning first there was 3 then 6 then 9 and so on just from 2 bottles same as the effects that shows on right of screen completely filled the screen after a while it lagged it a lot when the screen and roomm got filled you might need to put a limit on it ie how many effects and ai can spawn from 1 bottle

Hmmm....that shouldn't be possible. The only animal potion that you can consume directly is the Hircine's Hound which should only loop every 15 mins or so. I'm not sure why they would have kept spawning unless something odd is happening in the start cell which effects time code.

I've never had this happen when using them once Skyrim has started. 

I have gone through and ticked the relevant boxes so that spells cannot be recast if they target is already effected by the spell/potion. Maybe that will help?

(HEX) Sanguine's Delight - Not Implemented - Causes the targets clothes to fall off randomly and possibly adds some devious items for a random duration (will block access to inventory tee hee :D ).

that could be done through inns the inn keepers offer to let you test a new beer for half price

i dont know i popped 1 bottle nothing happened so popped another bottle then got that it was the hound 1 where do you get the spells from ? and bottles without console code ?

You can make them at any cooking pot. The only ingredient is gold! :D You can also get the spell books from there too. I know making them in a cooking pot is far from realistic but it is the easiest way to add them.

(HEX) Sanguine's Delight - Not Implemented - Causes the targets clothes to fall off randomly and possibly adds some devious items for a random duration (will block access to inventory tee hee :D ).

that could be done through inns the inn keepers offer to let you test a new beer for half price

That would be a rather neat mini quest. I was trying to avoid doing anything more complicated than what could be achieved via simple spells, but I do like the idea of that. Maybe the player could receive a letter from one of the inns about a special "real ale" festival with many new and exciting drinks to try...

The other thing I've just found out is that if you duplicate any npc and then remove their texture file you get a ghost! Which means I can make ghostly versions of animals not just the default wolves and human ghosts.

Just out of interest, has anyone ever tried applying a visual enchantment FX shader to devious items? I can add them and I can see the shader playing in the inventory, but when equipped it doesn't show up.

Not sure why :(

I think the current spells are a bit too overpowered for use by the general NPC population. Not sure I would want to be instantly

I will produce a some spells for NPCs to use which won't be quite as debilitating.  Might have ago at one or two later to see how it all works. smile.png

You know what? I played with the same idea about devious magic for a long time, but I never got time to make anything out of it.

It is good to see that you got this idea and made it real. biggrin.png

When I wrote my own plans I decided against of adding these spells to general population. Instead I wrote about idea of devious mages, who would have to first study and test items themselves, learn to love them and only then learn the spells. I planned of adding few special mages to bandit lists, where they would occasionally appear, wearing a collar or harness and very little amount of clothes (if any.) The idea was to make them enemies that you would easily spot, but who could seriously hinder you down with devious magic, when getting a change to attack.

So far so good and I was about to start building it. Then I started to wonder exactly how player would learn these spells? Would she just find them as rare items among leveled loot, or would she go trough the same training than these devious casters would?

That is the point where my planning stopped. I spent too much pondering about that and then I ran out of time to make anything - at least for now.

So, I am honestly happy that you picked this up. If any of my old plans would help, then they the time I spent them did not go to waste. smile.png

I will produce a some spells for NPCs to use which won't be quite as debilitating.  Might have ago at one or two later to see how it all works. smile.png

You know what? I played with the same idea about devious magic for a long time, but I never got time to make anything out of it.

It is good to see that you got this idea and made it real. biggrin.png

When I wrote my own plans I decided against of adding these spells to general population. Instead I wrote about idea of devious mages, who would have to first study and test items themselves, learn to love them and only then learn the spells. I planned of adding few special mages to bandit lists, where they would occasionally appear, wearing a collar or harness and very little amount of clothes (if any.) The idea was to make them enemies that you would easily spot, but who could seriously hinder you down with devious magic, when getting a change to attack.

So far so good and I was about to start building it. Then I started to wonder exactly how player would learn these spells? Would she just find them as rare items among leveled loot, or would she go trough the same training than these devious casters would?

That is the point where my planning stopped. I spent too much pondering about that and then I ran out of time to make anything - at least for now.

So, I am honestly happy that you picked this up. If any of my old plans would help, then they the time I spent them did not go to waste. smile.png

Hi Morferous,

I kind of went with an opposite approach and just jumped straight in with little thought about the actual mechanics, but I did keep by focus limited to just player cast spells. The NPCs do present a bit of a challenge to make them work within the game without ruining it, and I'm sure they will also consume a lot of time deciding exactly how to build them.

Any way, I hope you continue to enjoy the mod. If you have any other ideas about stuff then please let me know. I will try and implement everything that I can.

I also like Morferous' idea about a quest like that to learn devious spells. They could also be an extension of the current DD Integration questline.

Maybe a new NPC that arrives in the College of Winterhold some weeks(?) after the devious devices original questline is done; there are a few free guest beds in the College I think, especially Immesive College of Winterhold mod is used. Or maybe even the player should find the npc somewhere, invite/send him/her to the college, and after some time the NPC starts researching spells.

For NPC-s the spell effects (e.g. when it equips items) could be delayed for starters by a set time, so that they are not instawin/-kill moves, but have the desired effect.

If it can be done, there could be a cooldown between two casts of any devious spell for the same npc so they can't be spammed - they are indeed too powerful for that.

Bosses/minibosses could also use a "curse" at either the beginning of fight or on their killer when they die, which lasts longer / locks them unopenable for a time / are unique effects, maybe with some percent failure rate or so, not every miniboss should use it either.

Again I'm not sure about mechanics, but maybe an item giving a one-time spell to the npc could be used as well, even if the player steals it it's still one-use (not disenchantable obviously).

I also like Morferous' idea about a quest like that to learn devious spells. They could also be an extension of the current DD Integration questline.

Maybe a new NPC that arrives in the College of Winterhold some weeks(?) after the devious devices original questline is done; there are a few free guest beds in the College I think, especially Immesive College of Winterhold mod is used. Or maybe even the player should find the npc somewhere, invite/send him/her to the college, and after some time the NPC starts researching spells.

For NPC-s the spell effects (e.g. when it equips items) could be delayed for starters by a set time, so that they are not instawin/-kill moves, but have the desired effect.

If it can be done, there could be a cooldown between two casts of any devious spell for the same npc so they can't be spammed - they are indeed too powerful for that.

Bosses/minibosses could also use a "curse" at either the beginning of fight or on their killer when they die, which lasts longer / locks them unopenable for a time / are unique effects, maybe with some percent failure rate or so, not every miniboss should use it either.

Again I'm not sure about mechanics, but maybe an item giving a one-time spell to the npc could be used as well, even if the player steals it it's still one-use (not disenchantable obviously).

I think all of that will require some quests to be written. I wasn't really planning on going down that route...at least not yet. I guess we'll see how far I get and how integrated into Skyrim I decide to go :) There's always the possibility for other people to pick up this area of devious magic and provide their own mods that utilise the spells/curses in interesting ways.

I just thought of another reason a spell could backfire: Someone will get a set of arm-binders, and if you do not choose (as in aim good), that someone will be you!

With other words, you get trapped yourself when you miss the target.

That's a nice idea...not sure if you can detect a missed spell though. I was also thinking about making devious magic effect female targets only. I think it was mentioned before that if cast on a male target then the spell would backfire immediately. Not sure how people feel about this...would it be too limiting to only use on women?

Another way of looking at it is that by only allowing it to effect women you are reducing the possible over-powered-ness of the magic spells. It's certainly easy enough to implement.

EDIT ----------------

Ah well, I've taken the plunge and started the 1st quest creation for the mod. This forms the start of having to keep the Daedra Lords entertained.

Every 15 minutes of real time, Sanguine will make a ghostly appearance and hold a conversation with you. Nothing good or bad will happen yet...just a conversation with hints at what will happen.

The Daedra Lords will go through 7 stages of entertainment with chances of bad things happening to you the less entertained they are. The stages are as follows

1. Angry

2. Unhappy

3. Bored

4. Indifferent

5. Amused

6. Entertained

7. Delighted

The more devious magic used, and the more successful spells cast, the more entertained the Daedra will be. If they are not entertained expect them to amuse themselves by cursing you, casting spells on you, putting you in potentially bad positions (e.g. no weapons, no clothes, more devious devices etc) or taking direct action with you themselves. fun fun fun!

However, if you have kept them entertained then they may well reward you with money, removing curses or removing devious items etc etc