Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

Great job and idea for you Devious Magic so far. 

I been testing it an it working out very well. I'm looking forward to see how your mod evolves.

I also add a Requiem patch in my Requiem - Devious Device patch for your mod. Hopefully that will encourage other Requiem user to try out you mod too. 

How about make ward spells also increase arousal as you cast?

And arousal perhaps could also affect chances for spells to succeed/fail/backfire

I shall be doing a whole section of unique Devious Magic spells and alchemy potions so arousing ward spells would be a definite possibility :)

You've also beaten me to it....one of the things I was going to announce to day was how Devious Magic is effected by arousal. Most other mods punish the player for having a high arousal. Devious Magic will work the other way. The higher your arousal the more likely a spell is to succeed. This should create a bit of risk and reward...Devious Magic will be designed to be quite powerful magic but that is tempered by the fact that they can mis-fire effecting the player instead and also that to use it means maintaining a high arousal which can make it more likely that bad things happen from other mods :)

I may even add things where the player is punished for have a low arousal (got to keep the gods of Devious Magic happy and interested in their plaything!)...we'll see how it goes :D

I'm having trouble with the Deathly Pleasure spell effect. It keeps applying the Paralysis effect instead.

I'll check it out....it is possible that I may have got a spell mixedup :) I will be re-doing the deathly pleasure spell as a proper Devious Magic spell/potion. I think I shall be removing the effects on vanilla spells and replacing them with more powerful unique devious spells. Need to give the player an alternative to using Devious Magic for when it is not suitable especially as the success rate will be tied diretly to their arousal.

I have been thinking about the backfire and think I know of a nice conjuration spell (three actually, one for white, one for red and one for black). When you cast the spell, the enemy gets trapped in restrictive boots, restrictive gloves, restrictive corset, a nice looking collar (not the restrictive one), a ring gag and an arm binder. All are ebonite items and will disappear after a certain amount of time. The backfire will result in you wearing the items, and they will be a permanent version.

As to how backfire could occur:

Option one: you target a male by mistake and as the items are meant for women, you get trapped instead.

Option two: when the spell finishes and the enemy gets free, there is a chance that you get trapped.

Option three: when you do not kill the (fleeing) enemy before the spell wears off, it will (always) backfire automatically.

I think I like option three best. You have disarmed the enemy, but the enemy will flee thus making it harder to kill although they are slowed down by restrictive boots. The reason I did not mention the chastity device is because I use Cursed Loot with solicitation as the (only) way to get free. Solicitation could get me belted, but that would be a belt with a timer.

I have been thinking about the backfire and think I know of a nice conjuration spell (three actually, one for white, one for red and one for black). When you cast the spell, the enemy gets trapped in restrictive boots, restrictive gloves, restrictive corset, a nice looking collar (not the restrictive one), a ring gag and an arm binder. All are ebonite items and will disappear after a certain amount of time. The backfire will result in you wearing the items, and they will be a permanent version.

As to how backfire could occur:

Option one: you target a male by mistake and as the items are meant for women, you get trapped instead.

Option two: when the spell finishes and the enemy gets free, there is a chance that you get trapped.

Option three: when you do not kill the (fleeing) enemy before the spell wears off, it will (always) backfire automatically.

I think I like option three best. You have disarmed the enemy, but the enemy will flee thus making it harder to kill although they are slowed down by restrictive boots. The reason I did not mention the chastity device is because I use Cursed Loot with solicitation as the (only) way to get free. Solicitation could get me belted, but that would be a belt with a timer.

I like option 3 a lot....gotta chase down that fleeing enemy for a real reason! Excellent stuff....that is definitely going in. Potion of Devious Pursuit it is, I'll add it to the main page.

i've taken the liberty to add a reason for the player to want to do this. Apart from getting the enemy to run there was no real reason to use it. I have added to the idea that if they do kill the target then any devious items the player is wearing will be removed (which is always useful) and they'll get a gift (i.e. something nice will be added to the targets inventory...maybe a powerful weapon etc) If they don't kill the target then the player will get the devious items added to them (which won't be removed magically) and that gift might be used against them! Tables definitely turned!

I also like the accidentally targeting a male character with a spell that only effects females. Will definitely have to use that too

New Version Up

-------------------

I've uploaded a new version which handles potions that cause the target to get raped by ghosts who drain the targets life essence.

They seem to work really well with the added bonus that the summon ghosts will be hostile to the player (although I have had some issues with sexlab animations that use more than two actors crashing skyrim...please let me know if it happens to you too) and also that if the spell backfires and you have a companion they will often try to defend you from the ghosts which is quite cool.

Would you be willing to add the villina spell version of your devious magic spell back or add special foes to the level list that use those devious spells?

I really like the fact it made me worry about the spells the foe cast on me and the fact both myself and the foes could have it backfire on them. 

I prefer it when the foes get the same spells as the player get. It no fun when you're the only one that have the spell and your foes Don't.The other reason i like to see then on the villina spell that foes use there no way in game to get your spell at the moment with out using the spell add command.

Would you be willing to add the villina spell version of your devious magic spell back or add special foes to the level list that use those devious spells?

I really like the fact it made me worry about the spells the foe cast on me and the fact both myself and the foes could have it backfire on them. 

I prefer it when the foes get the same spells as the player get. It no fun when you're the only one that have the spell and your foes Don't.The other reason i like to see then on the villina spell that foes use there no way in game to get your spell at the moment with out using the spell add command.

I second that request...

Or maybe add some Dominatrix NPC's, chocked full of Devious Spells...

Have them be scaled to the players level 1 - 100, with standard spells, as well as some Devious Spells...

NPC ideas...

1. Dominatrix, wearing Devious Harness. She can cast some binding spells...

2. Slaver... wearing a collar. Casts Slave collar type spells...

3. Pervert... wears gimp mask. Casts Slut type items...

4. Horny Ghosts... Casts love spells...

5. Horny Bears... Casts unequip on you...

6. Horny Men and Women... naked and cast lovemaking and binding spells...

7. Mage Troll... Casts Devious Boots to slow you down, to stop you escaping.

Brilliant mod, by the way... :)

I second that request...

Have them be scaled to the players level 1 - 100, with standard spells, as well as some Devious Spells...

NPC ideas...

maybe something like hateful wenches where they have a chance to appear? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68090/?

What about an npc (maybe dominatrix as mentioned above or maybe some rare spawn like devious dominatrix) who casts permanent versions of spells.

Or failing that a spell that locks in all the devious status' the target is affected by; so for example if x is hit with fear spell and has temporary blindfold and gag but before they expire also gets hit with nameless spell so the gag and blindfold become normal permanent items

I'll see what I can do, the reason I removed them was because I was editing the base spells for skyrim which could cause issues with other mods that modify those spells. I also wanted to be careful what I allowed NPCs to cast as some of these spell effects can be really debilitating. Imagine getting constantly hit by NPCs casting something like the Entanglement Spell where you can't move or defend yourself....you'd die a lot and I don't think it would be much fun.

This is why I put the chances for your own spells to back fire, that way the player can decide whether the chance of an easy kill is worth the chance of a backfire! I'll be improving the backfire system shortly with some other things that can happen.... :)

At the moment I've only put potions in to the actual game. These can be crafted at any cooking pot. I shall release the true spells shortly once I'm happy I've got everything working. If you add spells via the console you are actually by passing the Success/Failure spell and not getting the true Devious Spell :)

I second that request...

NPC ideas...

Like the ideas, especially the new NPC types. I'll see what I can do....

maybe something like hateful wenches where they have a chance to appear? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68090/?

What about an npc (maybe dominatrix as mentioned above or maybe some rare spawn like devious dominatrix) who casts permanent versions of spells.

Or failing that a spell that locks in all the devious status' the target is affected by; so for example if x is hit with fear spell and has temporary blindfold and gag but before they expire also gets hit with nameless spell so the gag and blindfold become normal permanent items

Now that is a very interesting mod....perhaps something like a chance for a Dominatrix from the Devious Realm to be attracted when you cast a Devious Spell (or the more you use them the more likely they are to appear) and they come armed with binding spells and a whip....fun fun fun!

NPCs have a certain list of spells they can't use in normal circumstances, because getting Frenzy cast on you would be horrible from a game design standpoint. As for adding the new spells to npcs' lists, just download and run ASIS, or get into the Creation Kit and do it yourself. Not really difficult at all. It'd be totally doable, and rather easy, though it would require editing vanilla values and ai packages, which could be problematic if not done with care.

I think the route I prefer would be to have unique Devious NPCs. That way I know I won't be conflicting with any other mods and I can control when, where and what they appear with :)

I'm just working on some Curse/Hex Spells & Potions which will extend the backfire system. Curses are designed not to trigger straight away but effect the player (or NPC) constantly and at random until removed via a removal potion.

Just updated the mod to now include 2 new curse potions. These pave the way for a potion which will make you a full slave to the Gods of Devious Magic which will allow me to control various bits n pieces such as monitoring how much Devious Magic the player is using and cause events to happen based upon this.

These events will mainly be tied to the player keeping the Devious Gods amused and entertained (using devious magic regularly, high arousal etc) and their actions if they find the players actions to be lacking. Expect them to torment the player with spells & curses until they are suitably entertained once more.

At some point I think this mod will start to develop into a replacement for my other mod Devious Surrender. As you are a slave to the Devious Gods I don't think that they would let someone off easily just because they have died. In fact, I think they would see death as just another opportunity to torment the player (I know I do) :D

Moving in to that type of mod would require quests to control scenes etc so don't expect anything like that too soon.

I see your point on vilina spell but one thing to remember is unless you are using mod like ROTE, Requiem, SkyRe, or PerMa most mage foes will only use wards, basic offence spells, and mage armor type spells. 

One they to can add the effect to spell in a control way is to set a quest that use an ID list that have set spell in the list for it to trigger the Devious effect when the trigger conditions are meet. That will let you limit it to only impacting the humaniod races and female still there isn't any up to date Devious item support for males at the moment. It also at you set a limit list if there are devious items on the player and npcs to fix other problems and make it easilier to effect the spell and trigger later on for you plans for the mod and how update impact them.

Do enemy spellcasters often use spells like fear??

From my experience I don't recall getting hit with things like fear/slow/damage X but I tend to kill mages as fast as possible so I may just not have noticed

I ask because enemies using these could lead to interesting possibilities; getting hit with paralysis then triggering deviously enslaved for instances.

If they don't use them how easy/hard would it be to add devious magic to their list of spells?

NPCs have a certain list of spells they can't use in normal circumstances, because getting Frenzy cast on you would be horrible from a game design standpoint. As for adding the new spells to npcs' lists, just download and run ASIS, or get into the Creation Kit and do it yourself. Not really difficult at all. It'd be totally doable, and rather easy, though it would require editing vanilla values and ai packages, which could be problematic if not done with care.

Yep see already over my head lol asis seems simple enough to use but may just wait if devious npcs are going to be a thing down the line.

While I love using mods (after bumbling my way through installations) I have zero expertise in creating/editing them which is why I have a great deal of respect for the people here and on places like nexus who spend so much time creating and sharing their mods

Just updated the mod to now include 2 new curse potions. These pave the way for a potion which will make you a full slave to the Gods of Devious Magic which will allow me to control various bits n pieces such as monitoring how much Devious Magic the player is using and cause events to happen based upon this.

These events will mainly be tied to the player keeping the Devious Gods amused and entertained (using devious magic regularly, high arousal etc) and their actions if they find the players actions to be lacking. Expect them to torment the player with spells & curses until they are suitably entertained once more.

At some point I think this mod will start to develop into a replacement for my other mod Devious Surrender. As you are a slave to the Devious Gods I don't think that they would let someone off easily just because they have died. In fact, I think they would see death as just another opportunity to torment the player (I know I do) :D

Moving in to that type of mod would require quests to control scenes etc so don't expect anything like that too soon.

I like the sounds of this; I think there's plenty of other mods that deal with alternatives to death and the devious mod family has come a long way since surrender. This is looking to add totally new and interesting play styles and offer a lot more in terms of uniqueness.

from a lore perspective are the devious gods the usual daedra lords? As various curses and spells can be attributed to different lords.

Sanguine and Sheogorath are obvious ones for this kind of gameplay; devious, erotic teasing etc and Molag Bal for domination but Curse of the hound could be linked to Hircines etc

Or you know; new gods :) lol

Idea... Devious Magic Follower

A magic using follower, who fights by your side. Dressed in Dominatrix clothing, and is slightly erratic with her behaviors.

Magic...

Uses standard magic mostly, but has some devious magic spells.

Entangle spell... She can use it once a day.

Ghostly desire attack... She can use once a day

Devious strip... She can use twice a day

Sex shout... At 100% arousal, she can shout for all the enemies to have sex. She is so dominant, they comply... Can be used once a day.  Warning... can backfire on her and the player...

After the sex finishes, its back to the battle...

Erratic behavior...

Sleeping... 5% chance to wake up in bondage gear, with her making love to you...

Backfires... 3% chance for a spell to backfire, and the player gets ravished by Ghosts, or Ghost animals...

At 100% arousal, there is a 5% chance of her doing something sexy or kinky, twice a day. Afterwards, her arousal is set back to zero.

Special powers... Devious Sexsmith.

Stuck in a Devious Device, having sex with her gives you a random key. 1% chance of a Sexually Transmitted Curse...

possible outcomes of horny follower.

- Make love to player

- Undress them and run away with their clothes for 1 hour, including inventory clothing. Beware Frostfall users...

- Add a Clit ring to the player, with a new effect. Permanent sex buzz for 1 hour, character moans a lot, stopping all stealth and alerting all nearby enemies. Ring vanishes after 1 hour, sounds like sex movie...

- Sexy leg shackles... Player has to have sex with someone to remove magic draining ankle shackles.

Just some possible future ideas... :)

I don't think there is a follower like this one, anywhere...

Great mod, I especially love summoning ghosts to attack/rape people, it goes really well with my necromancer character.

One suggestion for a spell though, similar to the summoning ghosts, is a spell that could resurrect a nearby fallen enemy who then tries to rape an enemy, or you if it backfires.

Then once the zombie finishes it turns to ash, like vanilla zombies.

I like the sounds of this; I think there's plenty of other mods that deal with alternatives to death and the devious mod family has come a long way since surrender. This is looking to add totally new and interesting play styles and offer a lot more in terms of uniqueness.

from a lore perspective are the devious gods the usual daedra lords? As various curses and spells can be attributed to different lords.

Sanguine and Sheogorath are obvious ones for this kind of gameplay; devious, erotic teasing etc and Molag Bal for domination but Curse of the hound could be linked to Hircines etc

Or you know; new gods :) lol

Any OnDeath events would be one of the final things to add and they certainly wouldn't follow the same format as other mods...these are daedric lords who could do anything the desired to you!

I think the Devious Gods are the usual daedric lords....makes life a bit easier and slots straight into Skyrim lore. It's funny really that someone thought up gods for domination and lust....almost as if they knew we'd make stuff like this!

I've started to name some of the potions to reflect where they might have come from etc.

I'm also just about to start planning what the daedra might do to the player if they are unimpressed by them. There are the obvious ones such as...

- stripping the player at random

- applying a devious device at random

- applying a devious curse/spell at random

- applying a random bounty to the player

I'm having trouble thinking of anything else that can be done simply via spells. I didn't really want to get into making quests etc but maybe I will have to so more complex events can be created.

Idea... Devious Magic Follower

A magic using follower, who fights by your side. Dressed in Dominatrix clothing, and is slightly erratic with her behaviors.

Magic...

Uses standard magic mostly, but has some devious magic spells.

Entangle spell... She can use it once a day.

Ghostly desire attack... She can use once a day

Devious strip... She can use twice a day

Sex shout... At 100% arousal, she can shout for all the enemies to have sex. She is so dominant, they comply... Can be used once a day.  Warning... can backfire on her and the player...

After the sex finishes, its back to the battle...

Erratic behavior...

Sleeping... 5% chance to wake up in bondage gear, with her making love to you...

Backfires... 3% chance for a spell to backfire, and the player gets ravished by Ghosts, or Ghost animals...

At 100% arousal, there is a 5% chance of her doing something sexy or kinky, twice a day. Afterwards, her arousal is set back to zero.

Special powers... Devious Sexsmith.

Stuck in a Devious Device, having sex with her gives you a random key. 1% chance of a Sexually Transmitted Curse...

possible outcomes of horny follower.

- Make love to player

- Undress them and run away with their clothes for 1 hour, including inventory clothing. Beware Frostfall users...

- Add a Clit ring to the player, with a new effect. Permanent sex buzz for 1 hour, character moans a lot, stopping all stealth and alerting all nearby enemies. Ring vanishes after 1 hour, sounds like sex movie...

- Sexy leg shackles... Player has to have sex with someone to remove magic draining ankle shackles.

Just some possible future ideas... :)

I don't think there is a follower like this one, anywhere...

I shall see if I can achieve this when I get to creating custom NPCs

Great mod, I especially love summoning ghosts to attack/rape people, it goes really well with my necromancer character.

One suggestion for a spell though, similar to the summoning ghosts, is a spell that could resurrect a nearby fallen enemy who then tries to rape an enemy, or you if it backfires.

Then once the zombie finishes it turns to ash, like vanilla zombies.

That's one of my favourite spells too :) I'm not sure quite how I would achieve your spell suggestion. I think it would require some kind of AI package to get the resurrected person to find another person and then initiate a sexlab animation. I'll see if I can think of a way to do something...

Thank you for sharing your work with us!

In the Downloads section the file is named "0.4a". Is that a naming mistake or version "0.4b" is not yet up?

Also love the idea of the follower that can have some kinky side-effects on the player. 

My bad....think I forgot to upload it. New version up now :)

This escalated rather quickly.

Indeed :D

EDIT ---------------------

Some more devious potions spells added.... :D

Very fun mod, thank you for this! One thing though, I just tried the new version and the deadly pleasure potion doesn't add plugs. Tested it about a dozen times on bandits. Everything was equipped but those.

I think it was because I was using outdated plugs....hoping it is now fixed. Sometimes things just fail to get equipped which I think is just down to slow papyrus :(

No biggie, just felt you should know it was acting wonky in case it was an easy fix :)   Thank you for the reply and update.  Download still says 5a tho...  not updated yet?

Uploaded now :) Just realised I'd broken something!

Nice mod. I really like the idea! How about a curse where the victim randomly passes out (or after orgasm) and just wakes up somewhere random, naked, bound and with a note where to head. Kind of like Bondage Adventure from Cursed loot or quick as you like. It just wouldn't work well for npcs :'D

Nice mod. I really like the idea! How about a curse where the victim randomly passes out (or after orgasm) and just wakes up somewhere random, naked, bound and with a note where to head. Kind of like Bondage Adventure from Cursed loot or quick as you like. It just wouldn't work well for npcs :'D

Oooh...i like that.I have a curse planned that is similar where when the player sleeps they can end up with all their stuff gone.

how it works? you pop a potion and you have a spell in your hand or you have to put that in the enemy inventory via sneak?

You can craft potions at any cooking pot. These can be then be applied to weapons. At the moment there are only potions, but shortly all the potions will be available as true spells (just haven't had time to make them yet) - maybe tomorrow :)