View File

Cerinian Race v1.3

IMPORTANT:

---For the Vanilla, UNP, and CBBE .zips, use ONLY one
---The 'Follower' plugin adds a follower to the Bannered Mare
---The 'Default Skeletons' plugin reverts all racial features to use Skyrim's default skeletons (or whatever you have installed). Don't use this unless you REALLY need it.

Mirror:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73117

Description:

This mod adds a custom race with fully animated headparts. The outfit and weapon in the screenshots will be added upon starting/loading your game. Additional outfits and weapons can be crafted at any smithing forge. A follower plugin is included. She can be found in the Bannered Mare.

An optional 'Default Skeletons' plugin is included for compatibility purposes. Please keep in mind that using it will disable helmet fitting and hair/ear lagbones.

Vampirism is supported, though becoming a vampire will turn your character's fur grey. A default skintone has to be selected for Skyrim's vampirism morphs to work, so I picked grey. You can see an example in the screenshots.

Recommended:

SKSE: http://skse.silverlock.org/
---Needed for a jump height fix included in this mod

Unofficial Skyrim Patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19
---Fixes a Dark Brotherhood Quest for custom races

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23491
---Fixes Vampire Lord Transformation

Mfg Console: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596
---Fixes player blinking

Notes for Character creation:

---Face tint sliders available: lips, cheeks, nose, eyeliner, eyelids, and ears
---Brow type slider will add and remove earrings
---Chin sliders will control the ears

Animation Swap:

Inside your spell/powers menu you will find two lesser powers: Animation Swap (RGA) and (PCEA). RGA stands for 'Reversed Gender Animations', which will swap your animations between male and female. PCEA stands for 'Player Character Exclusive Animations' which are animations exclusive to the player. Proper use of PCEA involves installing both the actual PCEA mod and FNIS (links below). If you don't have PCEA and FNIS installed, this mod will swtich you to a set of vanilla animations included in this mod's BSA (this is to prevent crashes). To swap back to your default set of animations, simply use the Animation Swap power again.

FNIS: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811
PCEA: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14871

Load Order:

Cerinian Race.esp (Required)
Cerinian Race - Follower.esp (Optional)
Cerinian Race - Default Skeletons.esp (Optional, should only be used if needed)

Credits:

Meshes/textures are modified from LittleDragon's Starfox models
Feet mesh is modified from Phygit's FemFeet
Other meshes/textures - Bethesda

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/21/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks for making it an official upload. =D I been watching this one's thread for a while, already have the older version installed. <3! Thank you for the CBBE update, the version I had has tattoo clipping with CBBE active.

I'm having a huge bug.

I load the ESP's in the right order.

Race -> Follower -> Default Skeleton.

But the follower Krystal is bugged as hell. I find her in the Bannered Mare, but her head is underneath the floor! It doesn't follow her neck at all, and when she tries to follow me out of the inn, she's dragged back inside.

... is there something I'm doing wrong here?

I'm having a huge bug.

I load the ESP's in the right order.

Race -> Follower -> Default Skeleton.

But the follower Krystal is bugged as hell. I find her in the Bannered Mare, but her head is underneath the floor! It doesn't follow her neck at all, and when she tries to follow me out of the inn, she's dragged back inside.

... is there something I'm doing wrong here?

You may have a conflicting loose file in your data folder.

Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Cerinian Race - Follower.esp\00000D62.nif

Delete it, if it's there.  The Default Skeletons plugin has a replacement in its bsa.

Hopefully this fixes it.

You may have a conflicting loose file in your data folder.

Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Cerinian Race - Follower.esp\00000D62.nif

Delete it, if it's there.  The Default Skeletons plugin has a replacement in its bsa.

Hopefully this fixes it.

I checked, I have no FaceGenData folder in my Character folder. I use ModOrganizer. ^^;

... would having Crimes Against Nature installed in my overwrite folder (allowing Cerinean Race to overwrite it) cause problems?

I checked, I have no FaceGenData folder in my Character folder. I use ModOrganizer. ^^;

... would having Crimes Against Nature installed in my overwrite folder (allowing Cerinean Race to overwrite it) cause problems?

Crimes Against Nature uses the same base 'custom' folder, but different folders inside it.  They shouldn't be overwriting eachother, so I don't think that's the culprit.  I've tested the plugins multiple times in different ways, and the only time the bug seems to occur is when the load order is wrong.  I don't know what else to tell you.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm say, I was wondering if I could find help here, I have been trying everywhere, and I cant quite figure out how to make a custom follower out of this race, whenever I try to preview my efforts in the CK it just gives me errors, all sort of them, from bones to skeleton, I tried with Cerinian as master, then tried editing the Cerinian Follower (to see if I could get around the errors, didnt work) and im absolutely out of ideas, it doesnt help that it is my very first attempt at using the CK, any help or tips would be immensely appreciated c:

can you make it unbp tbbp compatible?

when i change skelet and body my head is fixated on crossair spot

Download the 'Default Skeletons' plugin.  Load it after the main esp and follower plugin (if you use it).  This will revert the race to the default skeleton paths.  So, if you have a custom skeleton installed for other races, it will use that instead.

You may have some loose files in your data folder that are overriding the files in the BSAs.  The faceparts in the default skeletons plugin are bound to the default headbone, but your loose files faceparts may be bound to the Cerinian's extra headbones in its unique skeleton.

Delete any loose files from Skyrim\Data\Meshes\1Custom\Cerinian Race\

Also check your load order:

Cerinian Race.esp

Cerinian Race - Follower.esp (If you're using it)

Cerinian Race - Default Skeletons.esp

thanks but where does the loose files come from?

is the .bsa of default the same as the unp one?

The only difference between the Vanilla, UNP, and CBBE BSAs are a few models and textures.

now my follower has her head somwhere else <long stretcht neck>

Please recheck your load order.  The default skeletons plugin must be loaded AFTER the follower plugin.

Also, you may have one more loose file.

Inside this folder:  Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Cerinian Race - Follower.esp\

If you see a mesh there, delete it.

Hi to all. I really love this mod and I managed to install it without problems (and it works very well) ;)

I just wanted to ask something: it would be possible to create the body textures with the naughty bits, compatible with the UNP body meshes?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I suppose it wouldn't be bad to admit I tried to port an already created file of her armor. It didn't work out *shrugs* but if you want I could see about getting the file to you if your okay with that. Finally I forgot to mention that yes I have tried your mod, and it is simply marvelous! Exactly how I would have envisioned her in Skyrim, thank you regardless of my previous post. As quoted by every Oblivion guard "Farewell."

• 1 month later...

Hi   :)

Any news about the modified textures for the body?

I tried to edit myself the textures, adding nipples and vagina from another .dds file.

The only problem is that I had to tweak the hue and saturation of the parts added, so that they had the same fur color,

now the color is fine, but when in the shade, changes slightly.

if someone could edit better file settings, to get a better result, I thank him immensely in advance; in the meantime I'm attaching the file.dds modified by me (is compatible with the UNP version), I hope it can still be useful.

bye  ;)

femalebody.dds

any chance the craftable armor could be disabled enabled by an mcm menu or something?

I love this mod and your other mods
the facial expressions i seriously love the most.....the way the eyes,iris,ears and face moves based on the mood. =D 

but when i'm going to craft something there is about 42 amulets that i have to scroll past plus armors and weapons made from different materials silver gold and the different gems in them.

[i seriously wish there was a mod that could detect custom races and add them to leveled enemy lists so the player could see more of custom races ingame/]