Cocksmen Village [Removed]

:(  :unsure:

I don't understand what happened.

Should I download all the mods before Mylor starts playing them?

For the record: I played the mod several months ago and I didn't have any problems with it.

I'm really sad to see this mod gone because it is interesting, very well integrated into the world and the lore of Skyrim and very intelligently done. There are no too many quest mods that are good in so many different ways. This one is interesting, entertaining and beautiful. Hope it comes back.

Ouch!

Well, for the record, I liked it too. But it could use more polish. And I don't believe that I was the only one who had difficulties with it. Mine were just the most recent because I just came back to it once I lately learned ffabris had finished it. Besides, how could I not like this mod when it has my namesake in it? :D

And what is your mod list/order, prinyo? It's not like I fully believe that I'm not entirely at fault here. But I did start a new game just to focus on this mod and removed many other house mods to ease potential conflicts. It's really difficult for me not to have Blackthorn to live and play in, for example. ;)  We will probably never know what mods work best together in what order because everyone uses different ones.

I will be removing this mod for use personally now. But if ffabris ever wants to revisit it, I'll certainly encourage him. :)

Guest ffabris

:huh: I hope you will rework this mod, ffabris. I haven't yet played it (but I will, despite you removing it), but it sounds like a promising mod.

Nah... I may write something new at some point. Problem is, I had no issues with it, so I wouldn't know where to start to try to fix it.

Meantime, there's "Being a Guard", which is pretty robust, judging from feedback. More fun too (IMHO). ;)

[...] More fun too (IMHO). ;)

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is fun. But the "Discworld" is also fun. Should one of them be unpublished? :-)

But seriously, is there are way to persuade you to put it back online? Because "too broken for too many people" ... then Bethesda should unpublish Skyrim :-)

It seems people that have problems (after reading the last few pages) are those that :

- Misuse the follower mods. Interestingly mods like AFT, EFF and Puppetmaster used to have warnings about not using them on named NPC or quest related NPC but don't have them anymore. Still it is quite obvious that you should not turn any NPC from a scripted quest mod into a follower while still playing the mod. 

- Don't google to see if other people have the same problem once it is been pointed out that this problem is not related to the mod. Something like this.

- Say they play the mod on a cleaner save with less mods to avoid problems but still have problems with heavy scripted mods like SLAR and SLEN. (I didn't understand if the Floppy SOS experiments were part of the same save or not). And it is still a mystery which mod drops an amulet every time you pray.

- Have crashes or freezes on start or end of sex scenes. There are lots of threads on LL about this and it is usually fixed by disabling the actor scale. And is completely unrelated to this mod. Additional problems might be created by incorrectly installing the skeleton. 

- Don't have patience. Something that is quite unique for this mod is the waiting before some quests. When you play it as part of the normal game it is not a problem, but if you have decided to sit and play the mod it can be a bit frustrating. And because it relies on Skyrim to trigger the events you never know how long it will actually take. 

I actually enjoyed this way of playing the mod in chapters or episodes, looking forward to the adventure when the next episode (series of quests) starts. But in this age of binge watching people want everything right here and right now. I remember once I was impatient for the mod to continue and slept for a week. But nothing happened. I gave up and started doing something else in the game and 5 minutes later the new quest started. People just need to be more patient.

I believe this list covers about 80-90% of the problems I've seen discussed in the thread. And none of them relates to a flow in the mod. 

Most of the problems that people have with Cocksmen Village could very well be related to the less-than-efficient way that Skyrim manages memory. It might work just fine with Skyrim Remastered.

Maybe, but if the mod is removed now because of complaints that have nothing to do with it, I doubt there will be a remastered version...

My point is that the mod is too good to be discarded like that because of problems that are not even related to it.

Guest ffabris

I actually deleted the mod from my HD.

I'm doing other things. Maybe a quest sometime.

I can send you a copy of it? ;)

LMAO!  I should have known! :D

Nah, I really don't want to go back to this. It had my tearing my hair out, more than once.

On the other side of it, I would say that the problems I was having were my own, not yours. I'd started a new mod list and it always takes tweaking to get it stabilized. I'm trying a new game once more and I think I've got the order settled so there are no conflicts now. I may try the CV once again to prove to myself that the problems were all mine.

I do really like the work you do on your mods and I do recall that I was with you on this one at the start. ;)

Well, you may be finished with this mod but I have found a way to use some of those hunky assets you created. I am using NPC Visual Transfer Tool to turn some of your gorgeous guys into standard NPCs.

Let's face it. I played through vanilla Skyrim when I first bought this computer and the Legendary Edition. I've done the lore-friendly, now I want the gay-friendly. Your hunks help make that happen for me. I wouldn't be playing here without them -- Apachii hair and all! And I don't want to see the hot hunks you created for Cocksmen Village to get lost in a digital dumpster. ;)

So Ulris may no longer be at the Hardon Inn but that's because he's converted to the cause of Kynareth. So meet Acolyte Ulris Jenssen:

post-945037-0-78522000-1473564247_thumb.jpg

So for any of you who may be interested in these transfers, here's a list I've done so far. It is a bit of a tedious process since I run each NPC individually and it gets added to the VNPC patch. Of course, once you transfer the visual, you will need to set the NPC weight to match the new look to rid yourself of the possible/probable neck seam issue.

Open the console,(`), click on the NPC, setnpcweight ###, where ### is the weight of the new look/NPC. Close the console, save the game, quit, and reload the new save.

The save and reload are necessary since the face and body skin colors will mismatch until the reload.

Here's the list I have done so far, with included weights:

Ulris - 90 --> Acolyte Jenssen
Mylor - 90 --> Llewelyn the Nightingale (yes, I also changed the name in TES5Edit ;) )
Other Nords
Himir - 80 --> Tacitus Sallustius; Imperial to Nord transition worked fine
Gundlar - 100 --> Rustleif
Itar - 100 --> Talsgar the Wanderer
Horkvir - 80 --> Bersi Honey-Hand
Arctus - 80 --> Wilhelm
Lorod - 100 --> Ogmund
Olav - 100 --> Hreinn
Niels - 85 --> Aerin
Fanar - 100 --> Balimund
Ereld - 75 --> Farengar Secret-Fire
Redguards
Vhosek - 90 --> Amren
Kotaro - 85 --> Brenuin
Therdon - 80 --> Shadr
Breton (the only one)
Sheogorath - 100 --> Belethor

I expect that I may be adding more as I progress through this play-through. The NPC Visual Transfer Tool has been a lot of fun to beautify the hunks in the game. I don't want the efforts of ffabris to go to waste. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I completed it.

What I did was wait in game a few hours or quit and loaded it again. I am not sure if that what helped me. I liked it as much as Isle of Mara less Crash to desktop was a plus

Edited by Jahsj
Spelling