[Solved] Succubus Race and Equipping Overhaul Compatibility?

mrsmexythebeast

I noticed on the Succubus Race page on the Nexus that it states it is not compatible with Dual Sheath Redux unless you use its patcher to change the Dual Sheath slot to a different one.

Seeing as the alpha (dual sheath available) version of Equipping Overhaul uses the meshes from Dual Sheath Redux, does this mean that there will be issues when using Succubus Race powers and the dual sheath option from Equipping Overhaul? If so, how do I make this fully compatible? Since I usually use XPMSE to allow dagger placement on the lower back/waist, will this also conflict with using Succubus powers?

Thank You,

~Smexy

I noticed on the Succubus Race page on the Nexus that it states it is not compatible with Dual Sheath Redux unless you use its patcher to change the Dual Sheath slot to a different one.

Seeing as the alpha (dual sheath available) version of Equipping Overhaul uses the meshes from Dual Sheath Redux, does this mean that there will be issues when using Succubus Race powers and the dual sheath option from Equipping Overhaul? If so, how do I make this fully compatible? Since I usually use XPMSE to allow dagger placement on the lower back/waist, will this also conflict with using Succubus powers?

Thank You,

~Smexy

The mesh doesn't really matter, it's the slot usage. A mesh can essentially be placed into any usable slot. It's the same as trying to equip a piece of armor. If you already have something worn on your hands, you can't put on another pair of gauntlets with it.

Anything using the same slots used by the wings/tail will remove them or simply won't be able to be equipped.

You will have to find out what slot the mod uses and if it's changeable. Succubus uses at least slot 60 from their description page.

These are some "free" slots that aren't used by typical vanilla skyrim

• 44 - face/mouth
  • 45 - neck (like a cape, scarf, or shawl, neck-tie etc)
  • 46 - chest primary or outergarment
  • 47 - back (like a backpack/wings etc)
  • 48 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)
  • 49 - pelvis primary or outergarment
  • 52 - pelvis secondary or undergarment
  • 53 - leg primary or outergarment or right leg
  • 54 - leg secondary or undergarment or leftt leg
  • 55 - face alternate or jewelry
  • 56 - chest secondary or undergarment
  • 57 - shoulder
  • 58 - arm secondary or undergarment or left arm
  • 59 - arm primary or outergarment or right arm
  • 60 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

Note: Slot and visual location aren't necessarily the same thing. An item can be equipped to your mouth, but be visible on your foot, depending on how the mesh was made.

I think XPMSE would still be compatible, since I believe it uses skeleton trickery to move/offset the "physical" node, but keeps the equip slot the same.

I see. Thank you for the quick response and improving my understanding of the matter.

It seems that Equipping Overhaul's dual sheath version also utilizes slot 60. Since the patch for Dual Sheath Redux is not an option for Equipping Overhaul, do you know how I would go about changing the dual sheath slot so that it is compatible with Succubus Race? Also, am I correct in understanding that if I change the dual sheath slot, and only the dual sheath slot, even if I change it to a slot like "57 - shoulder" (even though I would likely change it to 48), that the dual sheath + succubus powers would then be compatible?

~Smexy

I would use the one succubus race mod I found, if it werent a) closed source or B) conflicting horribly with other mods...kinda a pity since I want to play a succubus. also, I didn't like entering the whiterun hall of the dead to see it was renamed to the french version. not sure if we're talking about the same mod. is there a different one?

anyhow, to change the slot....your best bet is using tes5edit, and going into the armor addons section. it's the armor addon that determines slot, not the actual armor piece. you can change the slot there.

I would use the one succubus race mod I found, if it werent a) closed source or B) conflicting horribly with other mods...kinda a pity since I want to play a succubus. also, I didn't like entering the whiterun hall of the dead to see it was renamed to the french version. not sure if we're talking about the same mod. is there a different one?

anyhow, to change the slot....your best bet is using tes5edit, and going into the armor addons section. it's the armor addon that determines slot, not the actual armor piece. you can change the slot there.

I'm actually quite amazed at how you managed to find that succubus race mod rather than the one on the Nexus that has over two millions views  :lol:.

Here ya go: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22903/?

This mod has some cool-ass spells that come with the race, including transforming into a succubus gives you a higher jump and slight glide feature; definitely recommend it.

Since succubus race doesn't actually add any armors, does it still show up in the armor addons section (then again, the game probably registers them as armor if they take up slots)? Sorry, I've really never taken much time to explore TESVEdit and have only used the "easy-clean" functions, so I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

EDIT: Found another thread with some pictures explaining it in TESVEdit right here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39535-how-to-use-tes5edit-to-change-item-slot-rename-armor-nodes/

Thanks much for the help, and I hope you like the succubus mod!

~Smexy

Archived