Done console command, working as intended now.
It fits perfectly ?

Spoiler

1131607752_Skyrim2018060502_56_53.thumb.jpg.4fdcd93124906894ec2ef42b1b33ab76.jpg53006507_Skyrim2018060502_55_16.thumb.jpg.3350c575fe1c9f02bd8d96ccbe042fdd.jpg

The only thing that is bothering me right now is that controls are still enabled while in console.
I like to enable free cam to look around, but when I move, the horse moves as well.

13 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Done console command, working as intended now.
It fits perfectly ?

Reveal hidden contents

1131607752_Skyrim2018060502_56_53.thumb.jpg.4fdcd93124906894ec2ef42b1b33ab76.jpg53006507_Skyrim2018060502_55_16.thumb.jpg.3350c575fe1c9f02bd8d96ccbe042fdd.jpg

The only thing that is bothering me right now is that controls are still enabled while in console.
I like to enable free cam to look around, but when I move, the horse moves as well.

Ahh, yeah, I think I know how to fix this.

3 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

Make the alignment offsets only available in the menu until you figure out how to have them only function while riding something.

I can look to add that to the the code update.

As a sidenote/general update:  New version of the code is coming along, there is one thing I haven't figured out yet that isn't working well yet, which is trying to get an AA set from another mod to properly register and be accessible in riding style for animations.  The rest of the functions seem to be working properly (registering new races that can be ridden, registering the animations to the mod themselve, it just seems that I can't have those animations run for some reason).

Okay, the good news, I figured out what my problem was.  And it wasn't an issue with my code but how I was implementing it in a supporting mod.  It looks like everything is working properly though I'm going to do just a bit more testing (And I have tons of debug messages to delete I was using to figure out what was wrong and where that I need to delete so it doesn't clog your in game screen), but I'll probably release the new version later tonight.

If you are curious about other mods hooking in, I've posted a mock up and actual example over in the Skyrim Chain Beasts mod.

Alright, new version is up, I've updated the mod description.  If people want to check it out and let me know if everything is working on you all's end, I'd appreciate it.  I've left V2.2 up just in case there are issues I didn't find before with V3.0.

I wrote about it a bit earlier in the thread, and I've updated the front page with more information, but this is the version I've spent a large amount of time the last few days working on that lets other mods register their AAs to Riding Styles.  Everything looks to be working, and I've added some more backend that will (hopefully) only improve the framework going forward.  The core mechanic of the mod is mostly still the same, but in order to keep track of other mods, adding new races to the racelists, registering other sets of AA, etc, the backend has become much more complex.  Testing it out myself, other than the fact that you currently can't choose your animations, it all seems to be going much better (And I think I have an idea on how I might be able to change choosing mounting into the menu feature)

As always, let me know how things go with the mod.

25 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

Alright, new version is up, I've updated the mod description.  If people want to check it out and let me know if everything is working on you all's end, I'd appreciate it.  I've left V2.2 up just in case there are issues I didn't find before with V3.0.

I wrote about it a bit earlier in the thread, and I've updated the front page with more information, but this is the version I've spent a large amount of time the last few days working on that lets other mods register their AAs to Riding Styles.  Everything looks to be working, and I've added some more backend that will (hopefully) only improve the framework going forward.  The core mechanic of the mod is mostly still the same, but in order to keep track of other mods, adding new races to the racelists, registering other sets of AA, etc, the backend has become much more complex.  Testing it out myself, other than the fact that you currently can't choose your animations, it all seems to be going much better (And I think I have an idea on how I might be able to change choosing mounting into the menu feature)

As always, let me know how things go with the mod.

Just an idea...

Add an option to this mod that allows the PC to travel from city to city (or to even more locations) by "riding style".

So when talking to a cart driver, the dialogue option appears: "You can also get a free transport if you like" - Player says yes -> bound to a horse and auto-walked (AI control) to the target.

The feature should ofc be compatible with Defeat/Deviously Enslaved and the like to make it good. Dont know if that is possible, tho. Would still be ace I guess :P

Different transport animals can be chosen via MCM or I dont know. 

Would just be cool if this was integrated in a more meaningful way into the game. 

3 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Just an idea...

Add an option to this mod that allows the PC to travel from city to city (or to even more locations) by "riding style".

So when talking to a cart driver, the dialogue option appears: "You can also get a free transport if you like" - Player says yes -> bound to a horse and auto-walked (AI control) to the target.

The feature should ofc be compatible with Defeat/Deviously Enslaved and the like to make it good. Dont know if that is possible, tho. Would still be ace I guess :P

Different transport animals can be chosen via MCM or I dont know. 

Would just be cool if this was integrated in a more meaningful way into the game. 

I've currently left it out of the main mod here due to this just being a framework.  This would be more for something from another mod to hook into RS to do.  I've considered making a companion mod to add a thing or two like this to the game, but most of my time and energy tends to go into fixing up the framework itself.

So, really, part of what I've been seeing is that people want an add-on that would let them do something like this?  (And, no, this isn't ready for release by a bit still before you start asking.  There are a lot of kinks to work out, including it crashing a good bit.  And yes, that's a follower in the back of the cart).

20180604231905_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

Nice work. Will do some more testing. I noticed while riding a wolf that I could not adjust character positioning. Do you plan on allowing us to adjust position in the near future?

You should be able to adjust character position on the current version.

12 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Riding Styles v2.2 had an .esm file, while 3.0 has an .esp.

I'm flipping the .esm bit on it, and everything seems to be working fine.

EDIT: Nope, never mind. Having some problems. For now I'll go back to 2.2.

Fuck me.  I uploaded the wrong File.  That's what I get for keeping a version backlog.  It's fixed now, just redownload it.

12 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

Fuck me.  I uploaded the wrong File.  That's what I get for keeping a version backlog.  It's fixed now, just redownload it.

Heh... I just came back on to complain about some serious problems. Somehow I fucked it up myself too - probably going back and forth between versions. I'll try the new upload and see if I can get it to work again... :)

4 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Heh... I just came back on to complain about some serious problems. Somehow I fucked it up myself too - probably going back and forth between versions. I'll try the new upload and see if I can get it to work again... :)

If it was the pervious version that I erroneously uploaded, it was probably because that was actually V3 of the entirely previous of the mod (from like 2-3 years ago).  I think I need more sleep before I do any more work.

36 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

Lol, I was like wait why isnt horse mounting working again? Ok I will redownload.

Just tested, and it seems to be working, with one or two issues.

Spoiler

riding.jpg

I didn't make any changes to the MCM when starting (just started the game, coc to qasmoke from main menu, sexchange, then to my test cell - no MCM settings changed) and this is the position and animation I got when I used it. Given that the MCM options default to different options, is this a bug?

EDIT: Oops, didn't see this:

the riding animation choice will be randomly determined (And only the bannerless horse equipment is activated)

Probably the issue, I guess.

Also, when sprinting:

Spoiler

sprinting.jpg

I'm running as fast as I can on top of the horse's back.

And I have a question - is using the setmount() function here redundant?

Spoiler

script.jpg

I don't know if this might help, but here are the debug.notifications I got when starting:

Spoiler

debugnotifications1.jpg First batch, followed by other mod notifications, and then...

debugnotifications2.jpg second batch.

And here is my papyrus log:

Papyrus.0.log

17 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Just tested, and it seems to be working, with one or two issues.

Reveal hidden contents

riding.jpg

I didn't make any changes to the MCM when starting (just started the game, coc to qasmoke from main menu, sexchange, then to my test cell - no MCM settings changed) and this is the position and animation I got when I used it. Given that the MCM options default to different options, is this a bug?

EDIT: Oops, didn't see this:

Probably the issue, I guess.

Also, when sprinting:

Reveal hidden contents

sprinting.jpg

I'm running as fast as I can on top of the horse's back.

And I have a question - is using the setmount() function here redundant?

Reveal hidden contents

script.jpg

I don't know if this might help, but here are the debug.notifications I got when starting:

Reveal hidden contents

debugnotifications1.jpg First batch, followed by other mod notifications, and then...

debugnotifications2.jpg second batch.

And here is my papyrus log:

Papyrus.0.log

The sprinting is because, upon checking, when I was making a set of AA I didn't include the sprint AAs, so it just reverts back to regular running.  I can fix this in the next/a future patch, it's just a bit more work, but iirc the original reason sprint animations weren't in there was because when mounts were sprinting the animations went from looking bad to looking terrible in terms of misalignment/etc.

Ahh, that debug message was one I forgot to remove (not needed atm).  It was just to let me know that I was properly filling out some AA information into an array.  I'll take it out next patch.

17 hours ago, Bigjay said:

Also why you get rid of the summoning, and de-summoning spells? I actually liked those. :P Testing everything out now.

I took out the summoning spells originally when I made the first major framework change because I didn't want people thinking that the only mounts you could ride were those summons.  I mostly just never bothered to put them back in, as this is Framework and that's more of an add-on.

P.S. My skyrim generally sucks and crashes a lot because I have a lot of half-finished custom made mods, and because of this I could use the hand of someone with a relatively stable skyrim that could test out a thing or two for me and let me know if it crashes their skyrim.  Send me a message if you are interested.

1 minute ago, fingerscrossed said:

P.S. My skyrim generally sucks and crashes a lot because I have a lot of half-finished custom made mods, and because of this I could use the hand of someone with a relatively stable skyrim that could test out a thing or two for me and let me know if it crashes their skyrim.  Send me a message if you are interested.

Use Mod Organizer 2. ^^

33 minutes ago, CGi said:

Use Mod Organizer 2. ^^

It's less a Mod Organizer issue, and more an issue of what happens when you have several unfinished, developmental mods that modify large parts of the game, aren't bug tested, and you really probably should disable but you have put so much time and effort into (and they have so many cool quests/functionalities) that it seems a waste to get rid of, but too daunting, time consuming, and annoying to start debugging from the beginning.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, fingerscrossed said:

I took out the summoning spells originally when I made the first major framework change because I didn't want people thinking that the only mounts you could ride were those summons.  I mostly just never bothered to put them back in, as this is Framework and that's more of an add-on.

Woah wait what. There were other styles than the horse wolf and golem O.o

My entire world has been rocked to the core xD which other styles are there and how do you get them to work?

It's been a while since I've played LL skyrim but the only things I remember being able to ride were the summoned creatures

(Also this is one of my favourite mods, thanks for sharing your work)

Edit* read through the initial post more carefully, answered my own question .-.

I'm having a bit of trouble, here.

EDIT: The problem seems to be fixed. Mostly, anyway. I'm still not equipping icy gear, but everything else seems to be working.

For your next version, could I make a request? That your race convert function be called in setmount() too, in addition to mountactor()? That would help other mod authors who want to make a mount without forcing the player to ride it immediately.

Also, could you add your custom atronach race to the list of valid races? That would allow authors to bypass the conversion function. For example, with my mod list, it would make sure the size difference between my modded atronachs and your custom one isn't jarring when mounting, because they'd always be essentially the same.

Spoiler

This is my position when I mount the frost atronach:

Spoiler

ScreenShot232.jpg

It looks nothing like your picture. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Also, the change offset keys don't seem to do anything.

Also also, I'm not wearing any ice gear.

Also x3, My armor and weapons are not automatically unequipped when I mount the atronach, regardless of MCM settings.

EDIT: I've re-run FNIS and double-checked my MCM settings. The issues persist.

If you want to double-check, and see if I've done anything wrong with the script, I'll attach the test mod. (bottom)

It should add the summon spell to the player as soon as you start/load the game.

NB: This is a quick-and-dirty test mod. I didn't include any prohibition on summoning in interior cells, and the summoning spell has no charge time. Also, Skyrim doesn't seem to like the actor's name for some reason.

EDIT: BTW, FNIS says your mod is Riding Styles 4.0, not 3.0.

EDIT: Under the assumption that this is unique to my system, I looked through my mod list and found this.

Unfortunately, disabling it actually made things worse - now the atronachs are normal sized, but when I mount one, I just sit there in midair while the atronach runs around without me.

Spoiler

ScreenShot233.jpg

EDIT: The atronach does not appear to be using your custom atronachfrostriding.nif. Maybe that's the problem?

The actor is a custom one, not a summon or enc creature. It is an atronachfrost race though. I just duplicated the vanilla summon, really.

EDIT: I think I may have found the problem, or at least one of my problems.

Your function ConvertToRidingRace() appears to only be called when using the MountActor() function, and I don't use it - I've just used SetMount() and then let the player mount the actor as if it were a normal mount.

I'll double-check by forcing MountActor() and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: That did it! At least, for the most part. I'm still not equipping any icy gear, but at least everything else seems to be working. Normal armor unequips as expected, animations work fine. It's not ideal - I wanted to be able to summon the atronach and then control whether I mounted or not - but it works. :)

Spoiler

ScreenShot234.jpg

atronach test 2.7z

Thanks for bringing riding styles back to life fingerscrossed. Can I ask which mount is done? Im liltle bit lost in descriptions so if is not problem I ask here.

I really like your wolf mount from first version and I was missing him too much. But I probably broke my wolves in my game, because my wolf is smaller and driver position is looking really weird. I add few screenshots and if any one has any advice ...., every advice is welcome. 

Spoiler

02.thumb.jpg.9ef13a581536a8f5a6cb02322656bc47.jpg03.thumb.jpg.1d54d01286cf631a22a9a9ceda82a81d.jpg01.thumb.jpg.877fd705a7c027a7c52ef4d0a091c358.jpg

I tested horse and everything all right in my game. (yes just if you fall from higher place she interrupt it, but you (and other guys) talk about.

Atronach : good, just same as Content Consumer without gear.

Spoiler

04.thumb.jpg.2ba8087ff2b72bcceed92ece2fe52eaf.jpg

Werewolf:  good, just cant see his peepee :D. Probabbly just clumsy with camera. 

Spoiler

05.thumb.jpg.2cf94fe0e83e76737c9e9d10cacabfe4.jpg06.thumb.jpg.5ab27eb15226c0d9d519daa3d17a8dbb.jpg

Giant: oooh she stay in position and im walking just with nude giant.

I have only one problem whats annoying. Mounts are agresive after you unmount in vilages and you must kill em and reset all mounts , and add new again.

For people with problems when character stuck in riding position, just reequip weapon and everithing is back in normal. This work for me.

But this is still just test version and I hope many problems are not just from my clumsiness and nob skills.

Im so sorry for my horrible english and I hope you understand.