Great mod, but there is a problem. When i am riding one of the two horses and trying to get down, i beginn to stuck and cant move anymore... commands like: TCL, TFC, EPC dont work.

Welcome to active posting on Lovers Lab. You will get more out of these forums though if you will take the time to read back a ways in the forum before you post a question. Most people asking questions here actually have a question that has already been answered and by reading back from the end of the thread a ways they can find the answer and get back to the game instead of waiting for someone to reply.

In this case you would have found the answer a mere few posts above your post, I'm sorry it is not a positive answer but it still would have let you know.

For questions that aren't answered in the last couple of pages of posts you can use the search feature of the forum to try to find the answer.

Sometimes of course you just can't find the answer so don't let this advice keep you from posting, the whole purpose here is to let you know how to get to the answer more quickly not berate you for asking the same question someone else asked.

Of course, Senpai.

Just a quick update:  I've been out of town traveling on business for a while now without much time to work on this.  I'm taking some time today to see if I can get some more work done.

The biggest problem I'm still currently having with the new framework is freezing on dismount.  Hopefully today I'll be able to get something figured out for that.

Also, as has been mentioned by a few people, I'm not supporting previous versions of the mod anymore.  Once I finish it up, there will be an entirely new framework, so a lot of the problems with be (somewhat) irrelevant.  

Okay, so now time for another update, split into the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good:  So far in testing, I have finally after several hours seemed to fix the dismounting problems.  I found that I had to do some things slightly different for the player vs NPC's riding, but so far with the new method I haven't run into the previous problems of camera freezing/Player being uncontrollable/etc.  I spent several hours trying to problem shoot what seems to be a really weird problem with NPCs not fully releasing mounts, or something, and it seems to be fixed now.  In other words, for the base framework, everything seems to be working.  Currently this is how the new framework is working through using in game menus (though all of this was made using functions so that other people creating mods calling into this can simply call functions):

There is a function for setting a target as a Mount.  This works currently for the following creatures: Horse, Dog, Wolf, Frost Atronach, Giant, Werewolf (I think that's all).  This sets the NPC as a Riding Styles Mount that can be ridden using the set of Alternate animations.

There is then a function that allows you to send a rider and a mount pair.  In the menu system this is just done by having the NPC you want to be the rider in the crosshairs (Or, if you want the player to ride, you just have the mount in the crosshairs).

There is similar functionality for dismounting (Have the NPC you want to dismount in the crosshairs).

In other words, most of the core parts of the mod are there now and I haven't had any big crashes/problems in the last bit of testing.  Hurray!

The Bad: I now need to go add a bunch of the stuff that was previously in there I haven't bothered to add yet.  I started with a brand new .esp file because I was starting over with an entirely new framework and didn't want to leave anything not being used in the mod, so that means I have to readd/remember how I added all of the gear/saddles/etc back into the mod.  While it's not like this is a huge problem, it's just time consuming  

Also, due to the way that the system works, getting into and out of the animations looks a bit wonky, takes a few (4-6) seconds, and getting out involves ragdolling the riding actor (I tried and tried to get around this but every other thing I've thought of to try has resulted in problems).

The Ugly: The animations still look pretty bad/low effort.  

Due to the way I'm now doing this, I'll need to include a skeleton in the mod for all of the non-horse races that has the proper saddlebone, which means that there would potentially be conflict with other mods that involve these creatures and have a special skeleton for them.  I don't use any of those mods, so it isn't a problem for me, but I could definitely see some people not liking that.

Currently there are no dicks on the mounts.  This is ~probably~ something that would be best solved by adding a dependency on one of the mods like Creature Framework/More Nasty Critters or something, but that would mean I'd have to A: Have a dependency for the mod, B: Have to figure out what mod to use for that and get the author's permission, and C: Have to figure out that mod's API.  None of these things currently sound like things I particularly want to do.  I don't read a lot of the forum discussion, so if anyone has thoughts on which mod would potentially be the best to use for this purpose, both for quantity, quality, and how easily I'll be able to tap into the API to Dickify the creatures, please let me know.

In the previous mod, in the last version of it, I had NI Override as one of the requirements, and set it up so that you could adjust position on the mount.  I've lost the code I used to do that and it sounds like a pain to set up, but is something I should probably do as the original reason I did it was due to a large amount of requests.  Once again, more API I don't really feel like re-learning (but probably will, if I recall this one wasn't too hard).

I think that's it for the time being.  I'll probably try and give an update later if I get all of the meshes/armor in, though if anyone is interested in doing some testing on the latest framework (with the understanding that it's still a WIP) send me a message.  Having some additional people checking the riding/etc to make sure there aren't any crashes/freezes/game breaking bugs before I put it out there would probably be good.

I've tried the mod from time to time but since I don't use mounts that much normally nor do I like how long it takes them to turn and the limited combat I never really got into it.

While I wouldn't want to burden you with more, I kinda wish the ice elemental and werewolf at least moved like normal actors instead of the large and unwieldy horses. The wolves and giants I can see being more clumsy and hard to turn.

I think it would be kinda fun though to be mounted in an ice elemental with the spell casting mod that lets you cast from nipple/breast/schlong hosing people down with Wall of Frost and such. Could we maybe get an armor addon that looks like your ice elemental mount optionally as a separate mod?

Either way I'm willing to download a WIP and see if it crashes my game.

Creature Framework does not really replace the body, it apply an armor on the beast bodies through scripting. It has been made that way to simulate arousal. I believe it is perfectly possible to have beasts with their schlongs out at all time, but that wouldn't be immersive. CF itself only applies an armor though, and do not possess any mesh.

Also, this alternative riding style mod is a dream come true and one of my fetishes. Thanks.

Currently there are no dicks on the mounts.  This is ~probably~ something that would be best solved by adding a dependency on one of the mods like Creature Framework/More Nasty Critters or something, but that would mean I'd have to A: Have a dependency for the mod, B: Have to figure out what mod to use for that and get the author's permission, and C: Have to figure out that mod's API.  None of these things currently sound like things I particularly want to do.  I don't read a lot of the forum discussion, so if anyone has thoughts on which mod would potentially be the best to use for this purpose, both for quantity, quality, and how easily I'll be able to tap into the API to Dickify the creatures, please let me know.

Well, if you are talking about between More Nasty Critters and Creature Framework, there really isn't much to decide.

Even as a player that only mods Skyrim, I know that MNC uses Creature Framework, because CF is what enables modders to replace creature bodies. 

Take note that Creature Framework's original download page has the most up-to-date version.

Additionally, MNC uses another mod called Sexlab Nude Creatures for Nude body meshes and textures.

In conclusion:

MNC - Bundle. Probs ignore for you. Body replacer + Dynamic Switching + Nude Mesh and Texture. Unmaintained.

CF - Creature Body Replacer

Sexlab NC - Nude mesh and texture for creatures

So for you, you should use Creature Framework...? (If you have the meshes already)

If not, just use MNC bundle. It piggy backs and updates old versions of several mods, with Creature Framework being the only mod that has updated past MNC itself.

Hmmm, the MNC bundle is probably what I'm going to need to use.  I had/have the meshes that were originally in the mod, and at the time I had gone through and gotten permission to repack them in the mod (because of small differences of the way I needed the mesh to be) but I'm not at a point where it's been so long I don't remember who/from where I got the meshes and permissions from, so the MNC bundle may just be the best bet.  Also, it looks like Sexlab NC was rolled into MNC (making sexlab NC obsolete) so I guess what I would need is probably MNC.

Though, alternatively, I suppose I could potentially just use MNC meshes as a pre-req without redistributing, but use them to basically create armors for the various dicks and apply those to a mount when the player starts riding (similar to how I'd be adding saddles).  Also, after rethinking, I think I had to make the frost atronach dick myself, so that one would need something different from just the framework.

Hmmm, choices.

Creature Framework does not really replace the body, it apply an armor on the beast bodies through scripting. It has been made that way to simulate arousal. I believe it is perfectly possible to have beasts with their schlongs out at all time, but that wouldn't be immersive. CF itself only applies an armor though, and do not possess any mesh.

Also, this alternative riding style mod is a dream come true and one of my fetishes. Thanks.

Yeah, with the previous version where each mount was it's own unique race that you summoned it wasn't too weird/bad to have the dick out all the time (Okay, it kind of was) but since now you just grab random giants/horses/wolfs/etc, that isn't really going to fly.

I've tried the mod from time to time but since I don't use mounts that much normally nor do I like how long it takes them to turn and the limited combat I never really got into it.

While I wouldn't want to burden you with more, I kinda wish the ice elemental and werewolf at least moved like normal actors instead of the large and unwieldy horses. The wolves and giants I can see being more clumsy and hard to turn.

I think it would be kinda fun though to be mounted in an ice elemental with the spell casting mod that lets you cast from nipple/breast/schlong hosing people down with Wall of Frost and such. Could we maybe get an armor addon that looks like your ice elemental mount optionally as a separate mod?

Either way I'm willing to download a WIP and see if it crashes my game.

I'm assuming that when you are talking about an armor addon that looks like the ice element, you mean while the player is riding it.  Sadly, this wouldn't work (or, at the very least, I don't know how you would do this without basically creating a combination or armors/animations/backend framework that are entirely different from what I've been working on).  

For the time being, combat is probably going to be disabled while riding to prevent the number of bugs I need to troubleshoot at any one time, but in the future maybe casting/shouting while mounted is something that could happen.  Maybe.  It looks like this is possible to do (based on a quick search for Mounted Casting, and the 2 sentence description of the mod I think I know how they implemented it) but not high on my todo list.

Yeah, with the previous version where each mount was it's own unique race that you summoned it wasn't too weird/bad to have the dick out all the time (Okay, it kind of was) but since now you just grab random giants/horses/wolfs/etc, that isn't really going to fly.

FYI, you can attach dicks and other items as AnimObjects which are part of animation (defined in FNIS file) without any additional scripting. The only negative side of AO is that they don't scale with actor weight and have to be attached to specific bone.

FYI, you can attach dicks and other items as AnimObjects which are part of animation (defined in FNIS file) without any additional scripting. The only negative side of AO is that they don't scale with actor weight and have to be attached to specific bone.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea.  Seems like it would have the upside of the rider/dick always being aligned, but I wonder if that wouldn't have some issues with the dick being not properly attached to the mount?  I haven't really looked at AnimObjects, or for that matter animations in general for quite a while.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea.  Seems like it would have the upside of the rider/dick always being aligned, but I wonder if that wouldn't have some issues with the dick being not properly attached to the mount?  I haven't really looked at AnimObjects, or for that matter animations in general for quite a while.

If you attach it to root node of the actor it will be static, estrus in skyrim mod works in similar way but he uses animated AnimObjects (built-in animation with is a bit harder).

AOs are trivial to use and have "nothing" to do with animations. This is how you define them in FNIS:

+ -o animationEvent animationFile.hkx AnimObject1 AnimObject2

Example:

+ -o horseRidingEvent horseRidingFile.hkx HorseDickAO

HorseDickAO - being the name/FormID of AnimObject defined in CK

AOs are trivial to use and have "nothing" to do with animations. This is how you define them in FNIS:

+ -o animationEvent animationFile.hkx AnimObject1 AnimObject2

Example:

+ -o horseRidingEvent horseRidingFile.hkx HorseDickAO

HorseDickAO - being the name/FormID of AnimObject defined in CK

Hmmm, interesting.  However, the problem is that I've switched to using Alternate Animation (AA) sets which are defined a certain way in FNIS.  I'm not sure this would work for AAs, as for example the AA set's I have defined in FNIS are listed like this:

AAprefix rsn
AAset _mtidle 8
AAset _mt 8
AAset _mtx 8
AAset _sprint 8
AAset _mtturn 8

And the individual animations aren't listed.  Since the 8 represents the 8 different sets of animations I'm currently using over all different creatures, I'm not sure how an AO would be defined per set.  I'm still learning the ins and outs of fnis, so if you have an idea I'd be more than interested to hear it!

Are you talking about the animations of creature you attach the NPC to? Because there would be no reason to use AA on NPC that is being attached, I guess (or maybe I'm missing something)? Also, I'm not sure if AO can be used with AA.

But what I had in mind is attaching AO to NPC animations, not the creature ones. Just keep in mind that AOs are static (they move with bone they are attached too, for example weapons are technically AnimObjects), so if you want to animate both actors and align perfectly it could be impossible.

Are you talking about the animations of creature you attach the NPC to? Because there would be no reason to use AA on NPC that is being attached, I guess (or maybe I'm missing something)? Also, I'm not sure if AO can be used with AA.

But what I had in mind is attaching AO to NPC animations, not the creature ones. Just keep in mind that AOs are static (they move with bone they are attached too, for example weapons are technically AnimObjects), so if you want to animate both actors and align perfectly it could be impossible.

Ahh, okay. I think I know where the mutual confusion is coming from.

How the mod currently works, I'm not applying any animations to the mounts.  The only animations being applied are being applied to the riders.  The reason I am using AA sets for this is two fold:  1) It solves several of the problems with the character locking up.  2) In the future, this would mean much better/easier control for making animations that align, on a frame by frame basis, with their mount counterparts.  All in all, it seems like, and has been so far in practice, a better solution once I figured out how to get them working.  (Also, as a side note, from what I've read it's more computationally efficient, especially for multiple actors, than what I was previously doing).

I'm guessing that when you are referring to attaching AO to NPC animations, though, you are referring to attaching them to the rider.  Currently I don't think that is doable with using AA sets.  It may be possible, though.  I really don't know since I haven't had a chance to look into it.  

That being said, I'm not sure if that would be much more complicated than, say, just using a standalone mesh for the creature dick (maybe using a mesh from MNC for example), and then when the creature is mounted, search up and equip the dick armor to the creature/mount, and then unequip it when the rider dismounts.  

I'm assuming that when you are talking about an armor addon that looks like the ice element, you mean while the player is riding it.  Sadly, this wouldn't work (or, at the very least, I don't know how you would do this without basically creating a combination or armors/animations/backend framework that are entirely different from what I've been working on).  

For the time being, combat is probably going to be disabled while riding to prevent the number of bugs I need to troubleshoot at any one time, but in the future maybe casting/shouting while mounted is something that could happen.  Maybe.  It looks like this is possible to do (based on a quick search for Mounted Casting, and the 2 sentence description of the mod I think I know how they implemented it) but not high on my todo list.

Yeah, that's that I meant. Kinda like a werewolf or vampire lord transform instead of a mount though. A few other mods have done something kinda similar changing the character into a spriggan or other non-playable race, but now that I think about it, the whole actor changes, and isn't "added" as you do with the PC plus the atronach. So yeah, being able to add the PC as she looks to something else would be a lot more involved than I first thought.

Maybe there is some kind of ice bondage mod I can find instead.

That being said, I'm not sure if that would be much more complicated than, say, just using a standalone mesh for the creature dick (maybe using a mesh from MNC for example), and then when the creature is mounted, search up and equip the dick armor to the creature/mount, and then unequip it when the rider dismounts.

Yeah, but AO saves you that. Say you have 5 items to equip during animation, you will have to keep 5 properties and call EquipItem 5 times, then UnequipItem 5 times. Here it just happens automatically, hardcoded in animations definition.

But if you say that you have to use AA on rider, then AO solution is probably infeasible here.

Btw, may I ask why you went this AA route instead of defining new ActionActivate->ActivateRootChar->HorseEvents2 in animations tree in CK? There is HorseEnter, HorseExit etc, you would just need to condition it differently for other creatures.

Does it work at all? What kind of behavior events it accepts? FurnitureAnim? PairedAnim? AA?

Btw, may I ask why you went this AA route instead of defining new ActionActivate->ActivateRootChar->HorseEvents2 in animations tree in CK? There is HorseEnter, HorseExit etc, you would just need to condition it differently for other creatures.

Does it work at all? What kind of behavior events it accepts? FurnitureAnim? PairedAnim? AA?

Hmm, so to be perfectly honest I didn't actually think about doing that, and there may be a way to do it that way.  

I do believe that the horse riding animations are AA normally in Skyrim, though.  This is all if I remember correctly (it's been quite a while since I went back and looked at this), but the animations are all in a subfolder in the animation directory called HorseRider and the names of the animations are the same as the animations they are replacing when the rider would normally use them (i.e. idle, walkforward, etc).

Also, at once point (though I would need to retest since it's been a while) it seemed like how the animation worked for riding is that the animation is actually selected by the mount and then the rider plays an animation with the same name.  IIRC, when I tested previously, if you sent an animation to the mount and the rider had an animation with the same name, the rider would play that animation, but the reverse wasn't true.

Another thing is, I still have no idea where in the creation kit/coding etc the decision is made that when an character beings riding a horse (or, more specifically, any actor that has the keyword ActorTypeHorse), it switches their animation set.  

It might be possible to get it set up with a separate HorseEvents entry under animation, but a lot of my leeriness with that comes from there still being a lot that I don't understand of what gets where in terms of mounts/horses (such as where the function/behaviour/whatever is that causes the mount and rider to become a single entity, etc).

Another thing is, I still have no idea where in the creation kit/coding etc the decision is made that when an character beings riding a horse (or, more specifically, any actor that has the keyword ActorTypeHorse), it switches their animation set. 

As far as I know, the only part that is happening in "CK" is sending animation event (as result of specific action) to behavior graph.

You can define your own "Idles" in CK (idle = the answer for specific "action" sent by the game), say in ActionActivate branch, set your own conditions (usually keywords) and send different animation events. Everything else is hardcoded in bahavior or perhaps even some parts in the game itself?

But if vanilla horse event is AA or some other known animation type structure implemented by FNIS, you don't have to worry about other hardcoded parts, just duplicate HorseEvents, change conditions to yours and sent your AnimEvent.

If it won't work, you would have to ask "fore" (author of FNIS) and request the new animations type such as "Mounted-AA".

I haven't had too much time to continue looking into all of this, but I wanted to make a quick reply.  Also, I appreciate the help/ideas and I apologize if I am missing something.

As far as I know, the only part that is happening in "CK" is sending animation event (as result of specific action) to behavior graph.

You can define your own "Idles" in CK (idle = the answer for specific "action" sent by the game), say in ActionActivate branch, set your own conditions (usually keywords) and send different animation events. Everything else is hardcoded in bahavior or perhaps even some parts in the game itself?

But if vanilla horse event is AA or some other known animation type structure implemented by FNIS, you don't have to worry about other hardcoded parts, just duplicate HorseEvents, change conditions to yours and sent your AnimEvent.

If it won't work, you would have to ask "fore" (author of FNIS) and request the new animations type such as "Mounted-AA".

If I am understanding you correctly, and if I am understanding what is happening in CK/behaviours correctly, here is what I think happens when a player goes to ride a horse:

1) The player sends a notification that they have "activated" the horse

2) The game proceeds through the AnimationIdles and finds that this matches the ActionActivate/ActivateRootChar/HorseEvents section since the target has the ActorTypeHorse tag, and since the player is not riding a horse currently, it sends the animation event "HorseEnter"

3) This, I believe, calls the paired animation listed at: meshes/actors/sharedkillmoves/human&horse/paired_mount.hkx to be played by the horse/player.  This is only listed in the CreationKit under the Anim Event HorseEnter, so I think that the selection of this takes place in the behaviour graph outside of the CK.

4) Several things happen around this point, and I don't know the exact order they happen in so I will list them all here:

i)  Animation's for the rider are changed to the riding animations located in meshes/actors/character/horse_rider/XXXX.hkx.  These idles for the most part match up in names with the idles located in meshes/actors/horse/XXXX.hkx (The horses idles).

ii) The player and the horse are linked together so that the player moves with respect to the horses "Saddlebone"

iii) The player is given control of the horse.  While riding, what is actually receiving player (movement?) input is the horse, not the player (You can see this by opening console while riding a horse and using the 'tc' command on the horse.  It will turn on AI for the horse you will be unable to move.) The player is not listed as AI controlled but doesn't seem to be receiving any input. 

5) The player is able to ride around on the horse

My reason for believing that these idles are treated as a set of movement related AA in the behaviours or elsewhere is because when I use AA to change the rider idles (such as the "moveforward" or "turnleft" idles, not the ones specific to horse riding), this effects the rider.  This had lead me to the belief that the idles set in the HorseRider folder are actaully just a set of AA that Bethesda has the rider switch to when mounting and then undo when dismounting.  

Double-checking to make sure there isn't an AA group I am missing, all of the animations in the HorseRider folder are currently listed as "disregarded" in the FNIS Alternate_AnimationGroups.txt file, so there isn't a set of AA there to use specifically for horses/riding.

What I am currently doing, is letting what is already there mount the rider, and then once they are mounted I am stripping away the riding animations they were using and them replacing them with a set of AA.  Currently I don't know of an easier/better way of doing this, and as this part of the mod currently seems to be working I am a bit hesitant to mess with it without a clear idea of what I should do to change it.  The ActionActivate branch idles you mentioned under the HorseRider heading only seem to (as far as I can tell) send the events to start/stop riding and don't handle any of the in-between riding motions so I am not sure how I could leverage that (though, once again, I may just be missing something).  

Hopefully I was able to explain my thoughts/problems/insights a little bit better this time.  

Yeah, and to add more to your research, I just "tested" that assigning furniture anims to HorseEvents idles doesnt work either. So they are difinitely AA or even some custom behavior block that is only used for mounting and riding.

Hello,

I just installed this mod and tried to use it, and there are some weird alignment issues. None of the mounts are aligned properly. I made sure to run FNIS, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

I'm also sometimes having another weird bug where I can't control the mounts sometimes, and the physics get all buggy and I start flying around.

Idk if any of this is related, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit: Didn't realize there was an MCM. It just loaded in and I see the options for alignment. Still occasionally having the physics bug though lol. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...