Break Undies Plus for FO4 (AKA The Increasingly Nude Adventures of the Sole Survivor)

thegooglyman

Hello fellow Vault dwellers!

I am the mod Author for the skyrim Mod Break Undies Plus.

I plan ok releasing a much more comprehensive version for Fallout 4 considering, and with the current armor slot assignments this should be easier.

Due to my late start with my Mod and nodding skills BUP was severely limited, but now I have plenty of know ledge and time to make the mod more accessible.

I am here to gauge any armor/clothing creators desire to add support for what I shall now lovingly call TINA.

Please provide any feedback, suggestions, or disdain!!

Hello fellow Vault dwellers!

I am the mod Author for the skyrim Mod Break Undies Plus.

I plan ok releasing a much more comprehensive version for Fallout 4 considering, and with the current armor slot assignments this should be easier.

Due to my late start with my Mod and nodding skills BUP was severely limited, but now I have plenty of know ledge and time to make the mod more accessible.

I am here to gauge any armor/clothing creators desire to add support for what I shall now lovingly call TINA.

Please provide any feedback, suggestions, or disdain!!

Heck ya!

Was hoping someone would do this. No point staggering out of a deathclaw fight looking like you dropped a jam jar over yourself. Why not have your armor shredded as well?

Think you'll collaborate with 2pac to add it for his skimpy replacers at any point?

Why not make your mod suitable for most mods?

I think we can use the ingame armor moding system.

Working like when your amor piece take damage (clothes use the HP), it change from a high moding to lower moding

Then the moding system itself could handle with meshes

That is the idea. Which is why I am asking now in the early stages of armor/clothing creators are willing to preemptively make damaged meshes.

Working like when your amor piece take damage (clothes use the HP), it change from a high moding to lower moding

That is the idea. Which is why I am asking now in the early stages of armor/clothing creators are willing to preemptively make damaged meshes.

With the help of bodyslide and its zap slider making skyrim type of broken armor mesh is realy a piece of cake

Problem is the texture.

With the help of bodyslide and its zap slider making skyrim type of broken armor mesh is realy a piece of cake

Problem is the texture.

Neither is a problem. I already do both for Break Undies Plus for skyrim.

I just have no intention to make damaged meshes for every piece of clothing ever put out by modders. Which is why I am posting my intentions and asking if other modders would like to help by creating said meshes from the start.

I might help with this mod.  I really like idea of degeneration armor. I even set rule to throw away armor pieces when limbs got crippled so I always had to be on search for armor pieces and at least use sometimes crappy raider pieces when nothing better was found.

btw will this mod work for raiders too?  for example as I start shooting, and their health goes down, their armor will be getting swapped for damaged pieces?

or is it only player.

Currently I dont have desktop PC available, just crappy notebook, but it is able to do some simple texturing and modeling.

PM me then pls. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem is the texture.

Neither is a problem. I already do both for Break Undies Plus for skyrim.

I just have no intention to make damaged meshes for every piece of clothing ever put out by modders. Which is why I am posting my intentions and asking if other modders would like to help by creating said meshes from the start.

I think that if you manage to make it a "framework", with an interface for armor designers to make use of it and trigger its effects in applicable situations, then you've already done more than a service to the modding community. The main things you'd really need for your mod to gain traction, is:

-The framework itself (which you're gladly planning to make already)

-A "default set" containing as many pieces of Vanilla clothing and armor pieces as possible making use of your framework.

Something to consider:

Try to keep items NOT set up to use your framework functional. If someone really loves "mod armor X", but "mod armor X" no longer works in game, or even worse, makes the game crash, because it doesn't tie into your mod, then that player will *skip* your mod, and take his or her favourite "mod armor X" mod instead. No matter how popular your mod will be, not all mod-armors will support it. So just accept that, and figure out a way to let them run alongside your mod unaffected.

The reason why several "framework" mods currently available (especially all the "keyword" and crafting workbench mods) didn't and won't gain as much popularity as they could, is because they work in a rather exclusive manner. A mod has to specifically abide their rules, or the mod simply won't work. Those mods aren't generic frameworks. They're straightjackets. No matter how much I admire their core idea and their good intention, I can't see them as an improvement.

It's a different matter when two mods conflict because they try to accomplish or affect the exact same thing. Conflicts are to be expected then. (and gladly, even in Skyrim I rarely had trouble running several different prostitution mods at the same time :D )

• 1 month later...

Finally picked up Fallout 4 on sale from best buy (only 29.99 get it while its hot!) but the intensive work ive done on my non-game projects have burned out my cpu so I havent had time to play!

Replacement parts should be here tuesday and for now im just picking apart the creation kit while i wait. Once I get in game and get my feet wet ill be able to get a good idea of where I want to start on the framework.

@thegooglyman can you make a mod or feature of your upcoming mod that equips every NPC and the player with underwear which you need to take off after the regular clothes and armour to see the body naked ?

I remember there was such a mod in Oblivion and havent seen one since that does this.

It would make playing Fallout with adult mods more immersive and believable.

Until Bethesda or our friends working on the F4SE project can provide extended armor scripting, the scripting phase of this mod is on hold.

For now, I am working on conversions of all of the base female clothnig Armor into damages stages compatible with Bodyslide. For some items, this is easy, but as usual, bethesda was lazy and many of the meshes are not complete when hidden under other items. This is where I need the modding communities help!

I am looking for basic clothing meshes (buttoned shirts, ties, slacks, etc) which I can use to replace the incomplete meshes of the original items. Once my new processor is in I will be able to complete the meshes for both males and females in a week or 2.

There is already a system for destructable power armor pieces. Also, the Havoc physics system now allows bullets and explosions to damage objects. Perhaps the goal here should be to figure out how power armor is damaged. It may be that unique damaged meshes are no longer required if Havoc damage can be made persistent.

Clothing and non-power armor is not set up to respond to collision data like power armor is: they are considered replacements of the base body. The power armor is treated like furniture that you "sit" in which has its own set of scripts and collision mechanics.

clothing and armor do in fact have a health field in the CK but until Bethesda provides more insight into the armor scripting I do not know how the game uses it outside of power armor pieces.

Well the good news is my PC is back up and running and I've finally figured out the nuances of the material editor and NIFSKOPE 2.0

TOO BAD I CAN'T GET CLOTH PHYSICS DOWN

Yeah, this is currently my limiting factor. I refuse to put out garbage meshes considering how awesome the cloth physics are, so until I can figure them out I'm on hold again. Which is fine considering there is still no armor scripting references available.

If anyone knows any available tutorials of playing around with the Bethesda's cloth bones, they'd be a great help!

Archived