Hey, thank you for working on this.  I see a lot of fun in store in the future with this mod.   I am having a small problem at the moment getting the hair growth and styling portion to work right.  It simply refuses to switch to the custom styles I've set.  I think this is user error more than likely but thought I would ask here to see if you can see where I'm going wrong.

For my Hair Pack, I'm using KS Hairs Renewal.  The non-hdt pack with 500+ styles.   I followed the instructions from the 1st page.  I set my hair length to 10, opened up race menu and got the name for the first style I was going to try (0Twiggy) and then put that style's code into the mod.  After I cut my hair to the appropriate length (Tried it on both Ear and Chin after reloads between both attempts) and nothing happened.  So I loaded it up again and checked the hair styles code and noticed there were two Twiggy's.  One had the HL affix at the end.  So I tried that one's code in slots 5, 6, and 7.  Nothing.  So at this point I'm at a loss.  I know the hairstyle works in Race Menu and I know your mod is changing hairs if I leave the default ones active.  Am I doing something wrong or did I find a hard incompatability somehow?  I noticed that all the KS Renewal styles had the double format, one with HL at the end and one without it.  At least the dozen or so I checked all did.

Hi! For me, setting custom hairstyles was my first priority for this mod :P In the MCM, make sure you have the option that uses custom styles as default selected in the head hair section (the option above all the custom hair slots). Next, you have to go through and set each custom slot (1-15) to the lengths you want them to be in those slots, at the corresponding length. So your custom hair length for 10 needs to be in slot 10, and set the length MCM setting for that style to "Bra Strap Length".

What I found to work for the names is not to search for them in the console like the description suggests, but to just use the text written in the parentheses next to the esp name of the hair mod. So for KS hairdos, you would see: "KS Hairdos ESP (0FoamSummer)". To use this style, you put "0FoamSummer" into the MCM on the hair length you want it to be. That's a zero, by the way, not an o. I don't know if it's case sensitive, but I made sure to capitalize the same way I saw it in race menu just to be safe. Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm using KS hairs renewal for most of my custom hair lengths, and they all work fine! So it's not a direct incompatibility.

Hey, thank you for working on this.  I see a lot of fun in store in the future with this mod.   I am having a small problem at the moment getting the hair growth and styling portion to work right.  It simply refuses to switch to the custom styles I've set.  I think this is user error more than likely but thought I would ask here to see if you can see where I'm going wrong.

For my Hair Pack, I'm using KS Hairs Renewal.  The non-hdt pack with 500+ styles.   I followed the instructions from the 1st page.  I set my hair length to 10, opened up race menu and got the name for the first style I was going to try (0Twiggy) and then put that style's code into the mod.  After I cut my hair to the appropriate length (Tried it on both Ear and Chin after reloads between both attempts) and nothing happened.  So I loaded it up again and checked the hair styles code and noticed there were two Twiggy's.  One had the HL affix at the end.  So I tried that one's code in slots 5, 6, and 7.  Nothing.  So at this point I'm at a loss.  I know the hairstyle works in Race Menu and I know your mod is changing hairs if I leave the default ones active.  Am I doing something wrong or did I find a hard incompatability somehow?  I noticed that all the KS Renewal styles had the double format, one with HL at the end and one without it.  At least the dozen or so I checked all did.

Hi! For me, setting custom hairstyles was my first priority for this mod :P In the MCM, make sure you have the option that uses custom styles as default selected in the head hair section (the option above all the custom hair slots). Next, you have to go through and set each custom slot (1-15) to the lengths you want them to be in those slots, at the corresponding length. So your custom hair length for 10 needs to be in slot 10, and set the length MCM setting for that style to "Bra Strap Length".

What I found to work for the names is not to search for them in the console like the description suggests, but to just use the text written in the parentheses next to the esp name of the hair mod. So for KS hairdos, you would see: "KS Hairdos ESP (0FoamSummer)". To use this style, you put "0FoamSummer" into the MCM on the hair length you want it to be. That's a zero, by the way, not an o. I don't know if it's case sensitive, but I made sure to capitalize the same way I saw it in race menu just to be safe. Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm using KS hairs renewal for most of my custom hair lengths, and they all work fine! So it's not a direct incompatibility.

Ah, okay I'll give it another go and report back once I know what's going on!   Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this was already explained when exactly does the hair style change to the next one? because it looks like this for instance 11.22 so does that mean when it gets to 20.00 does it change? like hairstlye 1 going into hairstyle 2?

1 more question I wore high heels for a little bit and when i took them off my I kept tripping constantly when does my feet go back to normal?

Also the default 15 hairstyle Traveler (long ponytail) goes through your butt so I fixed it just check the download below just overwrite. (my name is aareyn on nexus i was credited for the bbp fix in the download section of the mod lol forgot about that until just now)

Traveler.7z

EDIT: Lastly the update for hair growth is making my horse fly everywhere when it updates sorry im not trying to bug you honest I love your mod and all the hard work you put into it!

Hi, I don't know why I can't find the place to input the hair ID in MCM. How can I fix this problem?

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Don't know why I can't find the column like "Custom Style 1 ID" in the picture in my MCM menu. :-/

Should be in the hair section if its not there you probably have an older version.

Anyone got this working with Custom Races? (Ningheim and Ashen)

I have no option to enter custom hairstyles, just get a dropdown with length descriptions. Running version 5.0.1.2

Also, although I get the messages that hairstyle/Length has changed it doesn't

I only really want the mod for it's hair control, mostly as it's a requirement for a part of SD+ but I do like the Body and Head hair growth. Bodyhair is working ok but not head.

Sorry for the long hiatus. RL kept me busy. But the next prototype should be ready soon (still alpha, but a lot more features) :)

If you're sitting on a horse and the hair length updates, you end up flying all over the place :D

​This is a known bug. In a future update hair length will not update while on mount.

Please consider adding this toe nail meshes to your mod :) ... I think it really goes with your mod

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2816-skyrim-toenail-claw-resources/

Would love to add toe nail meshes, but that particular mod seems to be broken.

How are you supposed to shave? I've bought shaving cream + a shaving razor. But clicking on them doesn't change anything it seems. Is it supposed to use up a bottle of shaving cream when you click on it? Might be a bug on my end unless i'm missing something. (Also tried the SOS shaving button, but that only gets rid of the 3d hair right?)

There is a known bug preventing the use of a "mixed item" if you have a stack in the inventory. Try dropping one piece of shaving cream and pick it up again.

For my Hair Pack, I'm using KS Hairs Renewal. The non-hdt pack with 500+ styles. I followed the instructions from the 1st page. I set my hair length to 10, opened up race menu and got the name for the first style I was going to try (0Twiggy) and then put that style's code into the mod. After I cut my hair to the appropriate length (Tried it on both Ear and Chin after reloads between both attempts) and nothing happened. So I loaded it up again and checked the hair styles code and noticed there were two Twiggy's. One had the HL affix at the end. So I tried that one's code in slots 5, 6, and 7. Nothing. So at this point I'm at a loss. I know the hairstyle works in Race Menu and I know your mod is changing hairs if I leave the default ones active. Am I doing something wrong or did I find a hard incompatability somehow? I noticed that all the KS Renewal styles had the double format, one with HL at the end and one without it. At least the dozen or so I checked all did.

Correct usage is: Begin with very long hair (longer than the style you want to apply). Then configure the custom hairstyle. Make sure the length matches (e.g. length stage 10 should be custom hair slot #10). Then cut the hair to #10 length.

Or just wait for the next update, where things might get a little bit easier.

I got this mod mostly for the hair growth/styling and high heels training (slave girls can't run!). I'm liking it so far, but I was wondering if you have a console command I could use to set my PC's hair to a specific length. This way I can have it extremely long in my "new game" save file, then cut it to whatever length I want before actually starting the new game. (I have so many MCM's to configure that I keep one save file with the settings ready but not having started my PC's new life yet with LAL.)

I found the quest ID for the hair growth, but using "resetquest", "player.sqs", and "setstage" didn't help. A command to prompt the initial setup box would be ideal, really, so that I can change hair color as well if needed. Any help is appreciated!

The hair quest is just an anchor for the scripts; so resetting the quest has no effect. Currently you can easily decrease the length by cutting your hair to a shorter length (with scissors). To increase the length, you can increase the hairgrowth speed. I might add an instant ultra fast hair growth potion in the future.

question since I don't see it in the thread. Does this include NPC hair? If so wouldn't that cause some serious FPS hit?

The whole mod is only for the player char. Extending to NPCs is tempting, but at this time I don't have the appropriate modding skills.

When exactly does the hair style change to the next one? because it looks like this for instance 11.22 so does that mean when it gets to 20.00 does it change? like hairstlye 1 going into hairstyle 2?

I wore high heels for a little bit and when i took them off my I kept tripping constantly when does my feet go back to normal?

Also the default 15 hairstyle Traveler (long ponytail) goes through your butt so I fixed it just check the download below just overwrite. (my name is aareyn on nexus i was credited for the bbp fix in the download section of the mod lol forgot about that until just now)

attachicon.gifTraveler.7z

EDIT: Lastly the update for hair growth is making my horse fly everywhere when it updates sorry im not trying to bug you honest I love your mod and all the hard work you put into it!

Each hairlength stage has a certain minimum length (in cm); the length is defined in the script (look at the source code for details). Once the hair grows long enough, the hair length stage will increase.

It is always nice to have a good set of hairstyles available. Thank you for your work :)

Untraining the feet takes a lot longer then training them. But eventually they will revert back to normal (think of some weeks in-game time).

For the horse bug: see above.

Princessity`s shoes could fix that if you using UNP body.but there are something wrong about height.only emily could fix it.

... if I only knew how to edit meshes :P

Would it be possible to add the rest of the hair from Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair?

In theory yes. But currently I am working on head hair, and there is still much to do ;)

Does the mod come with earrings/piercings? So far, I haven't found a place where I could buy some.

You can buy some "boxed piercings" from Yolie and other vendors. But they show as SlaveTats. There are no real piercing "items" in this mod, and this is not really necessary, since there are so many good 3rd party mods available.

I have no option to enter custom hairstyles, just get a dropdown with length descriptions. Running version 5.0.1.2

This should work with all humanoid races, but YMMV.

Sorry for the long hiatus. RL kept me busy. But the next prototype should be ready soon (still alpha, but a lot more features) :)

If you're sitting on a horse and the hair length updates, you end up flying all over the place :D

​This is a known bug. In a future update hair length will not update while on mount.

Please consider adding this toe nail meshes to your mod :) ... I think it really goes with your mod

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2816-skyrim-toenail-claw-resources/

Would love to add toe nail meshes, but that particular mod seems to be broken.

How are you supposed to shave? I've bought shaving cream + a shaving razor. But clicking on them doesn't change anything it seems. Is it supposed to use up a bottle of shaving cream when you click on it? Might be a bug on my end unless i'm missing something. (Also tried the SOS shaving button, but that only gets rid of the 3d hair right?)

There is a known bug preventing the use of a "mixed item" if you have a stack in the inventory. Try dropping one piece of shaving cream and pick it up again.

For my Hair Pack, I'm using KS Hairs Renewal. The non-hdt pack with 500+ styles. I followed the instructions from the 1st page. I set my hair length to 10, opened up race menu and got the name for the first style I was going to try (0Twiggy) and then put that style's code into the mod. After I cut my hair to the appropriate length (Tried it on both Ear and Chin after reloads between both attempts) and nothing happened. So I loaded it up again and checked the hair styles code and noticed there were two Twiggy's. One had the HL affix at the end. So I tried that one's code in slots 5, 6, and 7. Nothing. So at this point I'm at a loss. I know the hairstyle works in Race Menu and I know your mod is changing hairs if I leave the default ones active. Am I doing something wrong or did I find a hard incompatability somehow? I noticed that all the KS Renewal styles had the double format, one with HL at the end and one without it. At least the dozen or so I checked all did.

Correct usage is: Begin with very long hair (longer than the style you want to apply). Then configure the custom hairstyle. Make sure the length matches (e.g. length stage 10 should be custom hair slot #10). Then cut the hair to #10 length.

Or just wait for the next update, where things might get a little bit easier.

I got this mod mostly for the hair growth/styling and high heels training (slave girls can't run!). I'm liking it so far, but I was wondering if you have a console command I could use to set my PC's hair to a specific length. This way I can have it extremely long in my "new game" save file, then cut it to whatever length I want before actually starting the new game. (I have so many MCM's to configure that I keep one save file with the settings ready but not having started my PC's new life yet with LAL.)

I found the quest ID for the hair growth, but using "resetquest", "player.sqs", and "setstage" didn't help. A command to prompt the initial setup box would be ideal, really, so that I can change hair color as well if needed. Any help is appreciated!

The hair quest is just an anchor for the scripts; so resetting the quest has no effect. Currently you can easily decrease the length by cutting your hair to a shorter length (with scissors). To increase the length, you can increase the hairgrowth speed. I might add an instant ultra fast hair growth potion in the future.

question since I don't see it in the thread. Does this include NPC hair? If so wouldn't that cause some serious FPS hit?

The whole mod is only for the player char. Extending to NPCs is tempting, but at this time I don't have the appropriate modding skills.

When exactly does the hair style change to the next one? because it looks like this for instance 11.22 so does that mean when it gets to 20.00 does it change? like hairstlye 1 going into hairstyle 2?

I wore high heels for a little bit and when i took them off my I kept tripping constantly when does my feet go back to normal?

Each hairlength stage has a certain minimum length (in cm); the length is defined in the script (look at the source code for details). Once the hair grows long enough, the hair length stage will increase.

It is always nice to have a good set of hairstyles available. Thank you for your work :)

Untraining the feet takes a lot longer then training them. But eventually they will revert back to normal (think of some weeks in-game time).

Princessity`s shoes could fix that if you using UNP body.but there are something wrong about height.only emily could fix it.

... if I only knew how to edit meshes :P

Would it be possible to add the rest of the hair from Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair?

In theory yes. But currently I am working on head hair, and there is still much to do ;)

Does the mod come with earrings/piercings? So far, I haven't found a place where I could buy some.

You can buy some "boxed piercings" from Yolie and other vendors. But they show as SlaveTats. There are no real piercing "items" in this mod, and this is not really necessary, since there are so many good 3rd party mods available.

This should work with all humanoid races, but YMMV.

Cannot wait! Eagerly looking forward to it :)

Any idea whats causing lots of this and CTD ? (am using 3.4 version to avoid dependencies) 

[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.PlayerWearsShockBoots() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 286
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.CheckPlayerHeels() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 404
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.OnUpdate() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 441
[03/18/2017 - 12:57:59PM] Error: File "Devious Devices - Assets.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.DeviousNipplePiercingWorn() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 992
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.CheckPlayerPiercings() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 1048
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.OnUpdate() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 3264
[03/18/2017 - 12:57:59PM] Error: File "Devious Devices - Integration.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.CheckPlayerPiercings() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 1080
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.OnUpdate() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 3264
[03/18/2017 - 12:57:59PM] Error: File "Devious Devices - Assets.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.DeviousClitPiercingWorn() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 999
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.CheckPlayerPiercings() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 1048
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.OnUpdate() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 3269
[03/18/2017 - 12:57:59PM] Error: File "Devious Devices - Integration.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.CheckPlayerPiercings() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 1085
[YPS01 (780073BC)].ypspiercingticker.OnUpdate() - "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 3269
[03/18/2017 - 12:59:10PM] Error: Cannot check worn items against a None keyword
stack:
[ (00000014)].Actor.WornHasKeyword() - "<native>" Line ?
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.PlayerHeelStatus() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 142
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.CheckPlayerHeels() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 309
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.OnUpdate() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 441
[03/18/2017 - 12:59:10PM] Error: File "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.PlayerWearsShockBoots() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 286
[YPS02Heels (78030115)].ypsheelsticker.CheckPlayerHeels() - "YpsHeelsTicker.psc" Line 404

Any idea whats causing lots of this and CTD ? (am using 3.4 version to avoid dependencies)

It seems that GetFormFromFile() causes heavy load, and even the occasional CTD. I will try to reduce these function calls, also for future LITE versions.

Great to see an update!

I made this change on my copy to prevent a call to CheckHair all the time and reduce them to only when hair size is changing.

Calls to CheckHair are resource intensive and result is a noticeable freeze on my game. 

It is a big improvement in playability and a small sacrifice in realism since in theory I could change hair manually until the next change of size.

if (CurrentHairlengthStage<15) && (CurrentHairLength >= HairStageLength[CurrentHairlengthStage+1])
		CurrentHairlengthStage += 1
		if (PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle > 0) && (PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle < 15) && (MCMValues.CustomHairStyleLength[PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle+1] == CurrentHairlengthStage) ; next custom hair style fits to new length
			CurrentHairstyleName = MCMValues.CustomHairStyleName
			PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle += 1
		else
; ... check here in database for hair growth data!!!
			if (MCMValues.CustomHairAsDefault) && (MCMValues.CustomHairStyleLength[CurrentHairLengthStage] == CurrentHairLengthStage)
				CurrentHairstyleName = MCMValues.CustomHairStyleName[CurrentHairLengthStage]
				PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle = 1
			else
				CurrentHairstyleName = DefaultHairStyleName[CurrentHairLengthStage]
				PlayerCurrentCustomHairstyle = 0
			endif
		endif
		Debug.Notification("Your hair has grown to "+HairStageName[CurrentHairlengthStage])

CheckHair()  ; MOVED INSIDE THE IF STATEMENT

endif

No problem I really love your default choices of hairstyles honestly fits perfect for my character, first time actually using the traveler hairstyle which is supeeerrr long lol and just had to mess with the collisions to my liking since it kept clipping through my character ^^

Calls to CheckHair are resource intensive and result is a noticeable freeze on my game.

Currently, CheckHair is called very often, just to be sure that the hair shows correctly.

In the next version it will be called once every game hour, which is still useful to update the hair color.

It might be possible to make CheckHair less resource intensive (some parts of it might be unnecessary, but I still have to test it).

It would be cool if stockings counted as one of the addictions. I can see how that would be difficult to implement though.

I like the idea, and no, in theory it shouldn't be too hard to implement, at least if the stocking items have the substring "stockings" in their name (or any other characteristic substring). Could you link your favourite stockings mod(s)?

But, to be frank, my to do list is already quite long :P

Quick question, I lost my scissors. Is there someone way to get another pair besides using the console?

No. Use the console.

In a future update, there will be hairdressers around Skyrim to serve your needs.

It would be cool if stockings counted as one of the addictions. I can see how that would be difficult to implement though.

I like the idea, and no, in theory it shouldn't be too hard to implement, at least if the stocking items have the substring "stockings" in their name (or any other characteristic substring). Could you link your favourite stockings mod(s)?

But, to be frank, my to do list is already quite long :P

No problem. You need to know however, that I spent an age going through all my armor mods modifying them (balancing armor rating, value, semi-consistent slot usage, bodyslide, leveled lists, crafting, etc. I even chopped up some outfits into separate pieces). I can't remember how much work I put into any individual mod and depending on your body type will determine how useful they'll be for you. 

Links:

Luxury Collection for CBBE HDT Bodyslide -  http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2214-luxury-collection-for-cbbe-hdt-bodyslide/

Black Viper's Will - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74239/?

Chain bikini - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70477/?

UNP Undies - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24444/?

I have more but I think they're from mods too heavily modded to be useful to you. 

Understood on the long list point  :)