Tutorial for converting New Vegas and Fallout 3 armors to Fallout 4

MrCasual

I'm still doing my research but it looks like you need to use a program to delete the hands from the mesh. I'll post if I figure it out.

That seems like a good idea, I am delving into blender right now. And man, that is a whole other level of modding.

So much crap to learn just to make one little armor!

Sorry for not getting back to you, yeah, you will need Blender.

I can tell you a little about it.

1. Export armor as Obj from nifskope

2. Open exported Obj in blender

3. Go into edit mode

4. Select the hands

5. Delete

If you want I could probably do it for you, Blender can be...a little intimidating.

Why are the armors stretching under the arms while converting them from skyrim cbbe to fallout cbbe after conforming the sliders? I for the life of me can't stop the bloody stretching!

Just a quick note that while explaining how to do this at home is fine, actually uploading copyrighted armor ported to from one beth game to another, is not.

I don't understand, is it not fine to upload just ported assets, or any assets? Don't people upload copyrighted stuff made by Bethesda all the time?

Sorry for not getting back to you, yeah, you will need Blender.

I can tell you a little about it.

1. Export armor as Obj from nifskope

2. Open exported Obj in blender

3. Go into edit mode

4. Select the hands

5. Delete

If you want I could probably do it for you, Blender can be...a little intimidating.

OK, I got that far.

How do I rig the hands to be gloves and stand alone?

Cos thats the only way I so far that I can do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Gloves are a real PITA. I made a request over on the Nexus at the BS/OS page for an "Arm + Hand" pose converter similar to the existing Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE one, (basically combine the 1st person CBBE Arms and the CBBE Hands in one .nif and add the morphing slider) and got a "tentative" reply from Ousinus (spelling?) Didn't exactly poo poo the possibility, but didn't agree to do it either. He made some suggestions, that ... kinda... sorta ... help a little.

It helped with porting wristguards/bracers, but gloves are a total no go. The fingers are all wrong, and it just won't morph properly without the proper bones in the reference morpher.

Real quick question, i havent posted on this topic in a while but my understanding is KGtools no longer exists. Can someone confirm this or is there another tool for converting to the skyrim pose pre-f04 port or is this no longer needed

• 2 years later...

Archived