Tutorial for converting New Vegas and Fallout 3 armors to Fallout 4

MrCasual

Hey guys, I made this tutorial, and I figured you guys would enjoy using it.

This tutorial is around 20 minutes long, but once you get used to it, porting outfits and other things isn't so hard. :)

Feel free to comment 

This was the armor I used for the tutorial

m5MI2MB.jpg

Gallery

http://imgur.com/a/KPaZi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOOLS YOU WILL NEED

1. Nifskope Alpha

2. Bodyslide Outfit studio

3. Some kind of image editing software that can make .DDS files (a ton of NV / FO3 mods DONT have Speculars for some reason.)

4. Crazybump or some other thing for generating normals / speculars.  I use NormalMap-Online because it doesn't cost 100 fucking dollars like Crazybump.

5. KG Tools for editing the FO3 / NV pose to Skyrim

6. Material Editor for working with BGSM files

7. A resource extractor for getting Nifs / meshes from your FO3 / NV games

Just a quick note that while explaining how to do this at home is fine, actually uploading copyrighted armor ported to from one beth game to another, is not.

Oh, sorry.  I thought this place was fine with posting ports.  Alright.

EDIT:  I guess it gives people more incentive to do this stuff themselves anyway. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I will when Geck comes

hey could you help me out a little? i've made it thus far. costume is on body, fits perfectly. but some body parts are missing. like hands and chest. other costume i did did not had even the whole upper body part except for clothes itself

here's a link of a thread and pics  i made with files included

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57842-cbbe-conversion-to-f4-resident-evil-outfits-wip-1-need-some-help/

FO4edit or wait for Geck

I hope you have those steps cause i spent an hour trying to do all these steps u gave. xd i don't want it to be a wasted hour :D

It is only a wasted hour if you don't take the effort to find the existing tutorials on YouTube that already explain how to make standalone armors. I will give you a start in the right direction. Search for McGamer's uploaded videos. They were a lot of help for a lot of people. However, if you need personal instruction, I charge industry standard rates for IT related training.

How do you fix the coat/apply cloth physics?

I actually don't know.

Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to do this?  Because if i knew of a tutorial on how to apply physics to things I would love to do it, probably test it on some hairs first.

Someone told me that you should use the SilverShroud Costume as reference and rigg the Ranger Duster to the SilverShroud Costume. Also you have to apply the bone weights from the SilverShroud Costume to the Ranger Duster..or something like that.

Didn´t really understand it.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tutorial but I am having a problem. I am trying to port a new vegas custom armor from the modder dragbody (FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY).

The problem is the armor has gloves attached to it and the hands wont move during conversion. I am posting a pic there is this weird streching. Does anybody know a fix or at the very least a progam I could use to remove the hands/gloves from the mesh?

post-431272-0-42100200-1460857220_thumb.png

Thanks for the tutorial but I am having a problem. I am trying to port a new vegas custom armor from the modder dragbody (FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY).

The problem is the armor has gloves attached to it and the hands wont move during conversion. I am posting a pic there is this weird streching. Does anybody know a fix or at the very least a progam I could use to remove the hands/gloves from the mesh?

Bro, I am in the same position right now.

The hands are part of the mesh, and it breaks the same way when I slide it to Fallout 4.

Do want some help!

Archived