[mod] [CK2] Kings of Slaves and Vices

I'm having problems getting the mod to work. First I just tried loading it in 2.5 with portrait packs but without Conclave, and with several other mods that should have been compatible. The game loaded fine and all of the other mods worked fine, but the content for the mod wasn't showing up.

On the second attempt I rolled back to 2.4 and kept most of the other mods. Game loaded fine and all mods still worked except this one, then the game glitched out and I had to quit.

Third attempt almost all other mods except Ruler Designer Unlocked and this one were removed. Game ran fine, no crashes, but still no KSV content. Going to try running without Ruler Designer Unlocked though I don't really want to.

I've been using KSV1. I thought KSV2 didn't apply to me since I have all of the pre-Conclave content packs (waiting for a better sale for the new stuff, especially since Conclave by many accounts is a bit broken anyway). If KSV1 doesn't work in 2.4 with no other mods I'll try KSV2, I guess. If that doesn't work I'll just go back t trying to modify KSV1.

It's annoying because I don't really know what the problem is. But at least I'm slowly eliminating possibilities, I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a good mod, I like it, there is just one tiny bit of problem, the children from your slaves are randomly generated.

I have a mod that tracks the parentage of characters with a trait, that always gets passed down, occasionally, one of the slaves would give birth to a child with no father, because they don't have the modded trait, thats how I discovered they are random.

in terms of some design concept for slavery and prisoners, this is better than dark world

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good mod, I like it, there is just one tiny bit of problem, the children from your slaves are randomly generated.

I have a mod that tracks the parentage of characters with a trait, that always gets passed down, occasionally, one of the slaves would give birth to a child with no father, because they don't have the modded trait, thats how I discovered they are random.

in terms of some design concept for slavery and prisoners, this is better than dark world

probably incorrect scope somewhere lmao

Its actually explained in the readme that apparently trying to assign proper parents at birth causes issues with inheritance, succession, other metrics in side the game, and other problems.  Not sure if with game updates now its a possible thing or not. or even if you want that kind of thing in the game..  maybe if they auto get assigned bastard to avoid causing the inheritance/succession issues.

Its due to the mod not being updated for the newer content.  Mod isnt realy supported past .. somewhere around the 2.4 version.  We are up to 2.6.2 now.   Some of the included graphics files are probably no longer needed or overlap vanilla files that are newer versions.

• 1 month later...

for some reason makes portraits disappear for several ethnicity's any known ways to fix this 

Its due to the mod not being updated for the newer content.  Mod isnt realy supported past .. somewhere around the 2.4 version.  We are up to 2.6.2 now.   Some of the included graphics files are probably no longer needed or overlap vanilla files that are newer versions.

I had the same issue. I deleted everything in 'interface' except for KSV.gfx, portrait_properties, and portraits.gfx and after that everything worked perfectly.

for some reason makes portraits disappear for several ethnicity's any known ways to fix this 

I had the same issue. I deleted everything in 'interface' except for KSV.gfx, portrait_properties, and portraits.gfx and after that everything worked perfectly.

There shouldn't be any harm in deleting these files. They are only present to add a steel harness layer on slave portraits. The mod would work fine without them.

great mod. the only thing i could't figure out was whether or not you get paid yearly for the girls you make into milk cows or if its just the one time payment. 

do you need to keep them prisoner to get paid or can you sell them?

If I remember correct it works as a minor_title. So they needn't be prisoners, but must remain in your court. The payments are monthly I think.

Long time since I did the code though.. 

So I've just downloaded it recently and have been trying to get it to work for a while now, and it still has yet to work. Any ideas on what to do?

As mentioned, try deleting everything in "interface" (except for KSV.gfx, portrait_properties, and portraits.gfx).

Remove all other mods, to see if it can work on its own - if it can test it with the other mods to find incompatibility. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the people who are talking about the east African portraits, when you click on them to open the char sheet is that when you have your problem? That is when i have my problem, makes rebuilding Spain a bit of a faff when 50% of the people/land owners around you cause crashes.

Also if this does get updated, can you make it so there are less face masks? nearly everyone and their mother is wearing one now, regardless if they are sick, disfigured, a slave, or just a normal Joe with no problems?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/1/2016 at 11:25 PM, coretex said:

The mod isnt updated at all for the latest dlc or patch.. the fact it loads at all is impressive.  i was having the same issue til i gave up and just stole some of the effect I wanted and modded them into my own personal custom version of the Harem Kings mod.  I dont bother with all the slave stuff..but have a couple of the commands for prisoners and whatnot.

Would you mind telling me how you did that? What files did you move and where?

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know how to change the event pictures? I'm using GIMP with dds extension but I can't seem to even make the images show up in that. And if I do try to add an image the only thing that shows up in game is a default picture. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

• 10 months later...

i got it working.  the file(Folder*) they(you*) want is in the ksv2 folder also named kvs2 lol

Edit:  To be more specific > unzip and extract all > open the folder KSV2, within that folder is KSV2 > put that folder in the proper folder that is in your documents.  I have most of the DLC's and it works fine.  

This mod has one huge benefit.  Once trained to be loyal, sex acts provide a +5 relationship boost on top of the +50 master bonus.  My wife will one day forgive me for imprisoning then enslaving her.  Being her master is for life. 

PS find a high intrigue female to become your sex slave spymaster and you're set.

• 9 months later...