[mod] [CK2] Kings of Slaves and Vices

Hmm. It's sad this mod is incompatible with the Anime Portraits pack by Seji (Though Art is updating these days). 

It messes up the Early Arabic portraits, but nothing else.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it, by removing the _portraits_early_Muslims.gfx from the Interface folder in the mod. Doesn't seem to have any problems so far, but it made it compatible.

i noticed that the breeders yearly event makes them pregnant whit theyr own kid. thats just plain wierd you might want to make that event pull a random male courtier into the mix to actualy fuck the breeder. i know that darkworld uses a system like that to find the customers for the whore's shouldent be to hard to check and rework that.

• 1 month later...

worth a not it seems I'm having an issue with this mod... I checked and it seems clicking on the Abbasids emperor causes a crash with this mod... I have no idea what causes this (but will try to investigate) since it affects my iberian playthrough, and it also has caused a crash when looking at prisoners after a successful siege that yielded 24 captures which seems lightly problematic in it's own right

EDIT: also the "broken" trait does not seem to have a working trait pic in the character screen

EDIT2: seems that KSV crashes but KSV2 does not... I do have all the DLC for the game

The mod isnt updated at all for the latest dlc or patch.. the fact it loads at all is impressive.  i was having the same issue til i gave up and just stole some of the effect I wanted and modded them into my own personal custom version of the Harem Kings mod.  I dont bother with all the slave stuff..but have a couple of the commands for prisoners and whatnot.

Yea, that's the problem with CKII modding. If the modder doesn't stay on top of it, the mod takes a giant deuce. Even for something as simple as my portrait mod, Paradox breaks it whenever they release new portrait DLC, so I have to patch in support for the DLC.

Yea no kidding.. iv lost nearly a few days worth of hours probably over the last month or so spending time on messing with mod files and whatnot, related to this mod and others, starting from even prior to me getting the 2.5.2/conclave expansion. (got the game at the sale when it released and waited a couple weeks to see if getting the expac was going to be worth it even at standard price).   And then just from having to review files from.. almost a dozen mods and really focused on about 6-7.. to compare their files to the originals in the 2.5.2 patch, make the necessary hand edits to match things up and or recode the mod's version of the files nearly from scratch using the orig as a base.. so yea i totally have respect for modders that keep up with their mod editing thru all the patches and expansions.      Il do my own for me.. but i doubt even if i had permission from all the authors iv used mods from, that i would ever "release" my custom set iv been using.

Editing files by hand would be a lot of work--it's much easier to use a merge tool. The one I use is a commercial Mac app called Kaleidoscope, but you can get a pretty good one for free called P4Merge, located here: <http://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix>.With a good merge tool, updating Christianity Mod for new patches is about a full day of work. If I had to do it all by hand, I'd probably have given up by now...

Yea i first played with moving the files to the DW core folders.. then i started to grasp the file naming convention and ordering to not have to do that all the time.

I do use the compare plugin with Notepad++ works well enough.. iv used winmerge.. to me its to messy and i have to hand edit some of it anyway.. so i just use the compare in N++.. works well enough for me.

And for Beo's mods.. well I didnt have alot of success getting them to work with 2.5.2/conclave without some moderate editing.. so i just stripped the parts i wanted into other mod files or did a frakenstein type merge of some things.    Beo might be active on LL.. but.. not in maintaining the mods that I have seen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont get it, is it even possible to get this mod working? if so what do i have to do?

the game crashes while launching and i have no other mods.

maybe restart your computer and whilst the game is launching don't click anything CK2 is prone to crashing if you even click the mouse whilst its loading up in the vanilla version. i have got it working with both dark word reborn all mods besides remdy anime portraits active and christianty mod at the same only problem being the lack of potraits that kind of makes it hard to play

for some reason makes portraits disappear for several ethnicity's any known ways to fix this 

Do you have all the portraits dlc's?

no i do not looking at getting them when i have more money on hand

Have you tried the file KSV2 (under download)? It's made to work without portraits and clothes dlc's, though I haven't tested it.

Have you tried the file KSV2 (under download)? It's made to work without portraits and clothes dlc's, though I haven't tested it.

i have tried it, unfortunatly it doesnt work the game loads fine and such but there is none of the content features at all

i have tried it, unfortunatly it doesnt work the game loads fine and such but there is none of the content features at all

Figures. My apologies.

• 1 month later...

What portraits do you need and can this work with Dark World?

This mod was mad using all portraits prior to Conclave, but has a version for non-portraits (not tested thought). Technically it works no matter what, but glitches occur over some portraits.

Dark World has a version for ReMeDy's custom portraits, which this mod uses as well. So, even though this mod should work with Dark World, issues might occur - If there is an incompatibility "Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits" might be the solution or problem for it.