[DOWNLOAD] Tauriel Standalone Follower from "The Hobbit"

Black_Shadow

Still not found an email to contact her. I only see her tumblr and other sites where I don't have an account. Since I'm unable to contact m0ckin9bird, I would like to ask you to do it.

I do know that it's not ok to upload other people works without explicit authorization, but this mod was here once, and that user is now banned. You know, I don't upload these from "My Files", but with public threads, saying everytime that I don't own the things I share. If you don't want me to give Tauriel to anybody else, just say it and I will remove the download link, making lots of people very sad for the loss.

Since you are the one placing this mod here on LoversLab - you are the one that needs to get the appropriate permissions and not us.

Just because it was here once doesn't make it okay to re-upload it again as things have changed - especially given the reason why she was banned from the Nexus.

Just because you uploading them from a public thread doesn't mean those sources did their due diligence and got the author's permissions. Even if they did, they got it for their purpose and not yours.

There are a number of authors that have very specific permissions regarding the sites their ods can be hosted and so just because it's okay to be on ModDB or some other site, doesn't mean it okay to host it here. 

To give you a perfect example - from her Viking Armors that's hosted on robtonu's site 

Do not under any circumstances, upload this mod to other pages. Not even Nexus.

If you want to use any part of my mods in your mod, contact me here first.

So as you can see - she specifically states that for this one mod, it is not allowed to be hosted on any other site..

Sorry if removing it will make "lots of people sad", but I would rather make them sad than lose a mod author.

Do this community some justice and respect the wishes of a mod author. 

[ghost]

Still not found an email to contact her. I only see her tumblr and other sites where I don't have an account. Since I'm unable to contact m0ckin9bird, I would like to ask you to do it.

I do know that it's not ok to upload other people works without explicit authorization, but this mod was here once, and that user is now banned. You know, I don't upload these from "My Files", but with public threads, saying everytime that I don't own the things I share. If you don't want me to give Tauriel to anybody else, just say it and I will remove the download link, making lots of people very sad for the loss.

That's interesting. She answered me within 24 hours on her Tumblr! You could ask her for permission there as well! You didn't need a "private" email adress or similar. 

Sorry, but she's a personal friend of mine and you should ask her!!! That's the least respect that you owe a modder! -Especially when you publish works that does't belong to you!

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting. She answered me within 24 hours on her Tumblr! You could ask her for permission there as well! You didn't need a "private" email adress or similar. 

Sorry, but she's a personal friend of mine and you should ask her!!! That's the least respect that you owe a modder! -Especially when you publish works that does't belong to you!

Even more interesting! I've already removed the download link the day BEFORE you wrote this last message. You are accusing me to don't pay respect to modders, and also of publishing their material claiming it as mine. In the first post I wrote that I don't claim ownership of the mod, and if there was a problem with it I would have removed it. You don't have to excuse, nor I have to.

Oh and just for information, I don't have a damn Tumblr account (and neither a Youtube one, just to let you know), and I have no intention to make one just to contact someone. I tried to share the mod here since was not on this site anymore for unknown (to me) reasons, someone thanked me, someone not, and as asked I removed it. No less, no more. I don't need to take lessons about respect from you, neither from others. 

Understood? 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived