Issues with Synth Uniform CBBE - Requesting Help

darius777

Greetings all!

To begin with, I'd like to apologize if I put this in the wrong place, if so I will change it to the correct location.

Here is my issue. I have been attempting to take a CBBE ready Synth Uniform and convert it over to 2Pac's look. I am aware of Rusty's Quick and Dirty and Elianora's and have been trying to make use of them. The problems I am having is that whenever I open the Synth Uniform in Bodyslider (RXL Eli's Armour Collection SynthUniformF is the only one I can find) it looks to have a strange black suede texture, and is missing chunks of the arms and legs. I've tried multiple mods, but it's always the same. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

post-331986-0-78036600-1452075190_thumb.jpg

What happens in-game if you just go ahead and build, and then equip the outfit?

Don't get too worried about stuff like this from BodySlide at this point. It may just be a display glitch. The *worst* thing it can do is produce a fucked up outfit, which can simply be rectified/removed.

First: Elianora remade her mod and added her own BodySlide Conversions (partly based on mine). I've since removed support for her mod from my file. You migh want to update. ;)

Second: Wether or not the Outfit includes the Body in BodySlide depends on the Outfit. Some need them, others don't, depending on how the modder/bethesda designed them and wether or not they hide the Body via flags in the esp. BodySlide shows the Body only on those that have the "Copy reference shape" flag set, when saving the Outfit in Outfit Studio, and you should only set that flag, in outfits that need them.

Third: The newest BodySlide version fixes a lot of the issues with material files not loading and thus should fix a lot of texture related issues, but it still can happen, for example for textures that are inside the bsas, I think. I didn't check to deep, I just simply don't bother with textures not showing in bs/os, as long as they show up ingame.

First: Elianora remade her mod and added her own BodySlide Conversions (partly based on mine). I've since removed support for her mod from my file. You migh want to update. ;)

Second: Wether or not the Outfit includes the Body in BodySlide depends on the Outfit. Some need them, others don't, depending on how the modder/bethesda designed them and wether or not they hide the Body via flags in the esp. BodySlide shows the Body only on those that have the "Copy reference shape" flag set, when saving the Outfit in Outfit Studio, and you should only set that flag, in outfits that need them.

Third: The newest BodySlide version fixes a lot of the issues with material files not loading and thus should fix a lot of texture related issues, but it still can happen, for example for textures that are inside the bsas, I think. I didn't check to deep, I just simply don't bother with textures not showing in bs/os, as long as they show up ingame.

It loads textures from BSA/BA2 just fine. In fact it should load ALL textures, always, now, as long as everything is set up properly. :P

It loads textures from BSA/BA2 just fine. In fact it should load ALL textures, always, now, as long as everything is set up properly. :P

Well, then it's probably something on my end, but I seemed to remember that some of my calyps harness wardrobe conversions didn't show properly in 3.0a. But could be that I'm imagining that...been so busy with all kinds of versions, updates and my own stuff...could easily be confusing stuff...^^

Hey all! Thank you so much for weighing in on this - it is hugely appreciated it. I tried, as per your suggestion, to simply try the outfit in game. The Synth Uniform that I get is gray rather than black, rather 'glossy', and has absolutely no changes to the body whatsoever, as if I'd picked a body from the standard chargen. Would it be better just to axe the textures and meshes, and replace them fresh? If so, what files do I need to do that to? Again, thank you for helping out and tolerating the 'noobness'. :)

If you want to start from scratch there are already a couple of beginner guides around. Start from there to get at least a basic idea of the workflow. I really am not that good, and to be honest I also do a lot of trial and error when doing new stuff. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't and I scratch a couple of hours worth of modding. I would consider myself intermediate at best, even though I used BodySlide and Outfit Studio for Skyrim for quite a bit. ;)

Here is a thread on thiese forums and here is a miniguide I wrote as an article for my mod. This should get you started.

Archived