Fallout 4 HDT?

Did anything ever come from porting NifSe to Skyrim? It would be really nice to have updateweight decoded and get access to the lower level mesh representations, the ones the game uses for skeletal animation after applying its own morphs, so you could do some limited animation at that level. What I would like to see is vertex level accurate collision and deformation, we are getting to the point where for some limited geometry it is becoming viable computationally (breasts, butt and pussy as soft bodies, rest of the actors rigid).

Did anything ever come from porting NifSe to Skyrim? It would be really nice to have updateweight decoded and get access to the lower level mesh representations, the ones the game uses for skeletal animation after applying its own morphs, so you could do some limited animation at that level. What I would like to see is vertex level accurate collision and deformation, we are getting to the point where for some limited geometry it is becoming viable computationally (breasts, butt and pussy as soft bodies, rest of the actors rigid).

There is already NiOverride for Skyrim.

That is way more advanced than NifSe.

I was going to try this mad idea I had, but figured I should ask before making a mess of things.

would copying over the mods from Skyrim work? or is there editing that has to be done to the script extender and various other portions of the HDT mods?

Fallout 4 is vastly different than Skyrim in more than one way.  It would take far more than editing to create HDT for Fallout.  Basically it'd have to be rebuilt, however I think most people are looking more towards using assets that Fallout 4 already has.

I was going to try this mad idea I had, but figured I should ask before making a mess of things.

would copying over the mods from Skyrim work? or is there editing that has to be done to the script extender and various other portions of the HDT mods?

Fallout 4 is vastly different than Skyrim in more than one way.  It would take far more than editing to create HDT for Fallout.  Basically it'd have to be rebuilt, however I think most people are looking more towards using assets that Fallout 4 already has.

Skyrim's HDT was done by a modder in China. I don't know if that person (referred to as a she over there) will bless us with another miracle again.

thanks, saves me some messing around and a few headaches of making a digital mess of things

However, I would point out that no one has figured out how to do it, so who knows?  I hate when people say 100% that something won't work, but I will say at least a 99% that the edits to make it work would be pretty advanced.

if you are interested:

Skeletons are really similar to Skyrim. Just different naming convention.

Node manipulation is execute by some code that is NOT net immerse. (Probably it is a modified version of havok, but I am not sure right now.)

And personally I think HDT was good for Skyrim, but probably something better done can be done for Fallout 4. I just don't think it will be in a few weeks or months.

if you are interested:

Skeletons are really similar to Skyrim. Just different naming convention.

Node manipulation is execute by some code that is NOT net immerse. (Probably it is a modified version of havok, but I am not sure right now.)

And personally I think HDT was good for Skyrim, but probably something better done can be done for Fallout 4. I just don't think it will be in a few weeks or months.

Wouldn't it help to have the GECK for that or is the GECK not relevant to the need for a skeleton? 

Wouldn't it help to have the GECK for that or is the GECK not relevant to the need for a skeleton?

No need fro CK for the skeletons.

NifSkope and some reverse engineering is enough.

But not all information in the NIFs is clear yet.

Hi,

i was able to add some simple breast physic to AVA Outfit by adding the Google_Bones + BSClothExtraData from Sturgess Outfit and wightpainted the breasts.

U need the original mod found in the non adult section "CBBE Armors ported from Skyrim Mods" (i cant past any link or text so u need to find it ur self)

Video and Files are Attached

Nice progress!  ;)

Hi,

i was able to add some simple breast physic to AVA Outfit by adding the Google_Bones + BSClothExtraData from Sturgess Outfit and wightpainted the breasts.

U need the original mod found in the non adult section "CBBE Armors ported from Skyrim Mods" (i cant past any link or text so u need to find it ur self)

I just checked out your test Ava suit in game, epitaph78, and it's impressive. The physics are very nice.

Out of curiosity, did you add those Google_Bones and stuff from Nifskope or from the outfit studio in bodyslide?

I ask because I see that normal bodyslide reshaping deletes your physics, and if I use outfit studio to try to resize the proportions I get something very scary looking (I'll save people the nightmare of seeing what I got as some things can't be unseen).

Thanks.

Post Script:  In further testing, I used Nifskope to remove the clothes from Ava outfit, and then I used outfit studio to add pastor boots (from Calypse) over the feet because the feet were deformed--though the rest of the body was good. That created a nude body (with boots) with the breast physics. It's nice, though it's not resizable through bodyslide. Nice work, Epitaph78.  (I won't link the test body because I don't have permission from Calypse to use those boots).

Hi,

I just checked out your test Ava suit in game, epitaph78, and it's impressive. The physics are very nice.

Out of curiosity, did you add those Google_Bones and stuff from Nifskope or from the outfit studio in bodyslide?

I ask because I see that normal bodyslide reshaping deletes your physics, and if I use outfit studio to try to resize the proportions I get something very scary looking (I'll save people the nightmare of seeing what I got as some things can't be unseen).

Thanks.

Post Script:  In further testing, I used Nifskope to remove the clothes from Ava outfit, and then I used outfit studio to add pastor boots (from Calypse) over the feet because the feet were deformed--though the rest of the body was good. That created a nude body (with boots) with the breast physics. It's nice, though it's not resizable through bodyslide. Nice work, Epitaph78.  (I won't link the test body because I don't have permission from Calypse to use those boots).

I did add the bones to the Skeleton_fo4.nif in the "res" folder of BodySlide wit NifScope, then u can add the bones in OutfitStudio and do the wightpainting.

Hi,

Awesome !

Hi,

Can I use my body preset with this? =O

Hi,

This looks very good already, but weight painting the breasts to any more bones won't really be possible for us. I don't think animations (spine) would look right with it due to the 4 weights per vertex limit.

So what I've tried was pointing your BSClothExtraData to the LBreast_skin/RBreast_skin bones instead of the CLOTH_Googles bones by hex-editing the NIF file, so the existing weights can be used. Then I copied that block into the nude CBBE body NIF.

To my surprise this partially worked. The "breasts" were jiggling, but they were completely deformed. I think this is because the position of the breast nodes isn't where the physics data would expect the CLOTH_Googles bones to be.

Hi,

Nope, you'd have to reweight it and add the physics data back.

Guest Katherlne

Hi,

Looks awesome!

I try it to fix texture breaks on hip and ass zone, but while i try to save changes, Outfit Studio close with a error...

Hi,

I did a BodySlide rdy file for the CBBE Body

ist attached

CBBE-BP.rar

Hi,

I did a BodySlide rdy file for the CBBE Body

ist attached

Has science gone too far? Is this really working?

Here, I made my own variant of it. :)

This one doesn't add/edit any weights of the body, so it's more compatible with things.

Instead I hex-edited the physics data to use the already existing LBreast_skin and RBreast_skin weighting instead.

The weight triangle even keeps scaling the breasts as well, just like before.

Maybe it can be improved further, or maybe we have someone that has the entire BSClothExtraData format decoded in the future.

Then we can customize the physics better.

It will definitely be included in the main CBBE mod sooner or later.

Video and BodySlide files are attached.

(By the way, the body in there is already using the other new weights that will come to CBBE in its next update)

EDIT: Physics body download removed - get it from the Nexus CBBE mod page after I uploaded it.

Video CBBE Physics.7z

Seems to work. It's not perfect though, but as a proof of concept, this is great! Doesn't work when wearing clothes (Tried with Calyps' open harness), but it works underneath armor pieces and when naked (this is assuming I haven't done anything wrong with installation!).

Archived