Is it possible to convert Fallout 3 and New Vegas armors using Outfit studio?

MrCasual

I know helmets are doable:

Proof:

toqdfk.jpg

But actual outfits have loads of issues with the hands / arms.

Chinese Stealth Suit

khfbos.jpg

yepngd.jpg

in motion

https://a.pomf.cat/prxyfl.webm

I had no issues at all porting my Skyrim Red Sonja armor

pic here

rztzzy.jpg

But NV and FO3 armors just give me issues.  Is it even possible to port them with Outfit studio yet, or could someone make a tutorial on how to do it?

Skyrims outfit studio can do fallout 3 and NV nifs you just have to do everything you want done in the nif before exporting or it will  cause it to crash if you try to load it into outfit studio a 2nd time. I usually have to run them through gerra6's pose converter to convert the pose from fallout to skyrim then load it into outfit studio do what needs to be done export with reference then run it through gerra6's mesh rigger to remove fallout nodes and other junk and add HDT or whatever skyrim nodes needed to it. Then manually redo texture paths and fallout armor is now ported. Boots tend to get messed up in the pose converter though.

So in time the one for fallout 4 might be able to do some of the stuff right now it is pretty earlier to be hoping that it can do a whole lot of things and they are probably going to be more working on getting it stable and what not before worrying about other things.

If you import nifs into Outfit Studio, then it does not convert them to the new Fallout 4 format. What you need to do to get them to the new format is to export them as FBX/OBJ in Outfit Studio and then re-import them. You also need to re-apply the textures, but when you save your outfit now, it should be in the new nif format.

Question: You did not to this for the Skyrim Red Sonja outfit, am I right? This confirms that Fallout 4 understands the Skyrim nif format and can display it correctly.

Nah, I didnt do that for the Red Sonja thing.

EDIT:

I also just finished up porting the UNP French maid, I'll be releasing these soonish along with other misc things ive bene working on.

lqkpff.jpg

I tried porting this myself as well, ended up getting mind fucked by all the parts.

Yeah, hats CTD me like crazy unless I use the Assault gas mask as a reference.

But that makes the head invisible.

So I'm gonna hold off on porting mods and stuff from FO3 / NV / Skyrim / etc until Geck comes, so I can set the head partition to hat in Geck or something.  I didn't see any partitions in Nifskope, or if they're there, they're in a much different format than Skyrim.

You might be able to port the armors from FO3/FNV to Skyrim with KGtools (maybe a combo of conversion and mesh rigging).

Then convert it from Skyrim to FO4 with bodyslide.

I would suggest you use a full body reference nif (body, hands, and feet minus head as that usually lines up different then the body) as the reference shape when converting from FO3/FNV to skyrim (to avoid issues with the boots, or gloves).

I believe the last version of kgtools has a pose conversion from fo3/fnv/oblivion type to skyrim.

You can create a reference nif with outfit studio by loading each part and telling OS to keep the old meshes loaded (start with the torso, then load the hands, then feet). Oh yeah... just incase use Bodyslide 2 for Skyrim to create the skyrim reference (cbbe body, then hands, then feet).

I created one a couple of months back and posted it in the UUNP thread (but its the UUNP body, hands, and feet in a single nif).

KGtools can be found here http://kgtools.org/

It was created by Gerra6 (one of this forums members) and includes things like clothing converter, mesh rigger, and some other neat tools.

Unfortunately Gerra6 has not been on the forums in nearly a year and I have no idea if he's going to update his toolset for Fallout 4 (I hope he does... I really hope he does as mesh rigger is one of the best weight painting tools available for Bethesda meshes/nifs).

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/ ( this link is just to point you to the toolset creators old post and what not).

What did you use for a reference if you don't mind me asking?  And also, how did you equip it without the head dissapearing or game crashing?   Did you use FOedit?

Sure, it was actually so simple that when I finally figured it out, I was slightly embarrassed by how long it took me to figure it out.  

Load femaleheadrear.nif as your reference, move the hat or glasses into position, copy bone weights, export nif.

For a hat, the slot is 30 - 'upper head part' when you make it in F04 Edit.  Glasses is something else, can't remember off hand.

Thanks, this was very informative.  Every other thing just kept friggin' crashing me.

You might be able to port the armors from FO3/FNV to Skyrim with KGtools (maybe a combo of conversion and mesh rigging).

Then convert it from Skyrim to FO4 with bodyslide.

I would suggest you use a full body reference nif (body, hands, and feet minus head as that usually lines up different then the body) as the reference shape when converting from FO3/FNV to skyrim (to avoid issues with the boots, or gloves).

I believe the last version of kgtools has a pose conversion from fo3/fnv/oblivion type to skyrim.

You can create a reference nif with outfit studio by loading each part and telling OS to keep the old meshes loaded (start with the torso, then load the hands, then feet). Oh yeah... just incase use Bodyslide 2 for Skyrim to create the skyrim reference (cbbe body, then hands, then feet).

I created one a couple of months back and posted it in the UUNP thread (but its the UUNP body, hands, and feet in a single nif).

KGtools can be found here http://kgtools.org/

It was created by Gerra6 (one of this forums members) and includes things like clothing converter, mesh rigger, and some other neat tools.

Unfortunately Gerra6 has not been on the forums in nearly a year and I have no idea if he's going to update his toolset for Fallout 4 (I hope he does... I really hope he does as mesh rigger is one of the best weight painting tools available for Bethesda meshes/nifs).

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/ ( this link is just to point you to the toolset creators old post and what not).

Thanks a million for linking me those tools and that tutorial, sir!  I used them, and a few hours of tweaking later, I got the Chinese Stealth suit converted and working in bodyslide even!

http://imgur.com/a/MOCsI

https://a.pomf.cat/udfhgj.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/jubfsg.webm

ongejYH.jpg

Nightasy has put up a walk thru on how to create stuff and put it into fallout 4 (can be used as a ref for converting stuff as well).

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7601/?

I gotta go download and install Maya and update Max from 2012 to 2016.

Prereq's are listed in the vid's (but I'ld also suggest creating a FBX file from the FO4 CBBE body in Outfit Studio as you will need it to copy weight paints -reference- to your meshes in Maya).

I'm thinking the work flow will be something like

1. KGTools - Pose convert from FO3/FNV to Skyrim

2. Load updated nif in Bodyslide 2 / Outfit Studio as an Outfit.

3. Export as a FBX file (hopefully the shape will not be completely screwed up).

4. Fire up Bodyslide 3, go into Outfit Studio and load the Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE reference, then load the FBX file you created in BS2.

5. Fix clipping of outfit over the base shape. Set Base shape, Conform to sliders then flip the slider to 100 (should put the outfit into a cbbe FO4 shape... hopefully).

6. Export as a new FBX

7. Load into Maya 2016 with a FO4 CBBE FBX as a reference and copy the bone weights in maya to the outfit from the reference shape.

Then export as an FBX (name it fbxweighted or something).

8. (Optional) while in Maya you may apply smoothing to sections of the outfit (increase vertex count/faces/polys to a section of the outfit)... just make sure the updated vertex/poly/face data does not mess up the UV map (it should update, god I hope it updates).

9. Load the fbxweight file into Outfit Studio, check the weight painting, and if everything looks okay export as a nif file.

10. Load the new nif into Nifskope and check the paths for everything, make adjustments for texture, bgem, or bgsm's paths (where needed) then save the nif.

11. Place the nif file into the folder you want it in for FO4, place your textures, and materials files where you need them, build an esp file, cross fingers and test in game.

Now that I think about it... someone could possible make a FO3/FNV Type3 to FO4 CBBE tool for Outfit Studio (this would remove the KGtools and Bodyslide 2 steps).... I'll look into making one in a litle while.

Then it would be...

1. Open Bodyslide 3, then open Outfit Studio.

2. Load reference FO3 Type3 to FO4 CBBE

3. Load FO3/FNV nif click ok on errors about missing bones.

4. Set Base shape, Conform to sliders, flip sider to 100 and set base shape (FO3/FNV nif would now be in FO4 CBBE shape).

5. Export as FBX (to keep the UV map).

6. Load the FO4 CBBE FBX in maya, load the outfit FBX you just created and copy the bone weights from CBBE to the outfit, export as a new FBX (name it something like outfit_weighted).

7. In Outfit Studio, load the default cbbe reference (with the multiple sliders) and import the fbx file you created in step 6.

8. Fix clipping on each mesh, then export as a nif.

9. Load Nif created in step 8 into Nifskope, set paths for textures, bgsm, bgem and what not then save it.

10. Place the nif into the folder you want the outfit to be in in your FO4 setup (mo, nmm, or how ever you roll).

11. Place your texture files in the correct location (you'll need to read up on what conversions the textures have to go thru to go from FO3/FNV to FO4).

12. With FO4Edit create an esp that makes your outfit available in game (just a simple one for testing purposes for now).

13. Test in game to see if it shows up, if the textures work as they should, and to see if your ESP makes FO4 CTD or not.

14. If everything works in game then go to the next step (create a Bodyslide conversion set for your outfit)

14a. Update the ESP (Make any add-ons you need to the esp file): want to craft it ingame instead of looking it up in the consolde... and where to craft it, add that... want to set it to have legendary options, add that... and so on and so forth.

Sliderset/Shapedata building an Outfit Studio Bodyslide Package:

15. Open Bodyslide 3, then Outfit Studio.

16. Create a New Project, load CBBE as the reference, then load your outfit as an outfit and conform all to the outfit and check each slider to see if there is any clipping.

17. Once clipping is resolved save project as (and if the body is not shown in the suit like the steath suit, then uncheck the option that copies the reference shape into the outfit) set all the paths and what not then save.

Packaging:

Step 18. copy the slidersets, shapedata folders from bodyslide for your outfit along with the textures, materials, meshes, and esp data for your outfit and place it into a new folder (may want to create a fomod file to tell nmm where to put shit at this point and place that into the main folder as well)... Zip it up and offer it to the world (after getting permission from the original author to convert the outfit over to FO4).

Doh... thats a lot of shit just to make a conversion...

I think I'm gonna go tinker and see if I can make a version of the FO4 cbbe body into a FO3 Type 3 Shape and Pose (or I might do Type 6M since I have all of my FO3/FNV stuff in Type 6M shapes... who knows).

Sorry if this was already said, but if conversions from Skyrim are working fine, have you considered simply trying converting armors from FO3/NV to Skyrim using this tool, and THEN converting them to FO4?

FO4 had A LOT of changes made to it's meshes in terms of new node types, and I am not surprised that some stuff is f*cking up, especially considering that the meshes were ever more different between FO3/NV and Skyrim...

I used gloves from the Courser outfit and put the texture on.  Its not perfect.

Outfit studio can't do gloves.

Outfit Studio should be able to do gloves. There is just no pre-configured reference, when loading a reference you need to select the hands nif (yes you can select a nif file there instead of an xml/osp). Then you can use it for copying weight paints, you just won't have any sliders.

Archived