How can I tell if mod is for FO3 or FONV?

ezg

Ok. I know that sounds like a dumb question but the problem I'm running into is some mods do not say which game they are for. Some are explicit about which game they are for and some I can read and figure out. For example if it says FONV anywhere in the description I assume it's for New Vegas. Or if it mentions Megaton I think it's FO3. But some mods give no details whatsoever. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Best way since both fallout 3 and fallout NV have pretty much the same nif set ups is to drop a .esp that you are not sure on into your game folder where the rest of them are. For fallout new Vegas you then run FNVedit and look at the .esp/.esm  and see what it's master/masters are.

For fallout 3 you use FO3Edit instead.

Guest endgameaddiction

Using a mod manager will tell you what the plugin requires when you select it in the load order. All plugins will require the main master plugin for it to work. Whether it's FalloutNV.esm or Fallou3.esm. It will show it. That's how you can tell.

So if you are not certain what which Fallout it is, you can simply put the plugin in your data, open your mod manager and select it to find out. Remove it if you rather install it via mod manager.

Archived