Lordescobar's Moddable Piercings (for CBBE)

View File

Adds moddable piercings to Fallout 4. You can configure all piercings independent from each other. There are several piercing and material mods to choose from, in total there are over 100 possible combinations.

post-233525-0-82636500-1452210066_thumb.jpg post-233525-0-93876800-1452210065_thumb.jpg

Update:
The newest version now solely depends on Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR). The armor slot has been changed to 58 to conform to AWKCR's slot usage recommendations. Naval and vaginal piercings have been added. The bell piercings make sounds when you run/sprint and you may also be detected more easily by enemies when you wear them.
This will probably be the final version, I have currently no plans to expand this mod.

USAGE:

The piercings base object can be crafted at AWKCR's armor crafting workbench (under Accessoirs). Then you need to configure the piercing at an armor mod workbench. Without any attached piercing and material mods, you will see nothing when you equip the piercings! Also don't forget to use BodySlide to conform the piercings to your body preset.

Content:

Piercing with mod slots:

• Left Nipple Piercing
  • Left Nipple Material
  • Left Nipple material 2
  • Right Nipple Piercing
  • Right Nipple Material
  • Right Nipple Material 2
  • Nipple Chain
  • Navel Piercing
  • Navel Material
  • Navel Material 2
  • Clit Piercing
  • Clit Material
  • Clit Material 2
  • Labia Piercing
  • Labia Material
  • Labia Material 2

Requirements:

Known issues:

• The meshes are twisted (if you look closely with NifSkope or Outfit Studio then you will notice that the spheres are not completely round). I think that this is caused by poor precision of the new half-floats. No solution yet. (Newest BodySlide versions allow to use full floats)
  • With some underarmor clothing (tested with the Raider harness & top-less re-texture) the piercings are floating in the air in front of the breasts. This is caused because some underarmor clothings scale some bones to move away armor parts from the body to make place for the clothing. Hopefully there is some flag somewhere in the still-to-decode data that turns this off for selected shapes. This may cause huge problems for a lot of outfit mods. No solutions yet. (Not anymore since v0.3)

Disclaimer:

I am a complete noob when it comes to 3D modelling. I have a programming background and know the theoretical and mathematical background of 3D modelling, but have absolutely no experience. Therefore I may produce complete bullshit, and will give absolutely no support for said bullshit.

Permissions:

Feel free to do with the meshes and textures whatever you want as long as you credit me.

thank you ......got a problem though.... i cant see any preview in bodyslide its just empty

Edit....so the rings are in the preview window but not the body.....?!....(me and BS ...so sorry)

That's the proper way to do piercings - they don't include a body with them and are just added on top.

So how do i proceed? How to get my custom preset in the preview window, with the piercings?

You select it in the list and build it. :P

Your preset has to be saved under the "CBBE" group in order to appear on all CBBE or unassigned outfits/sets.

There's no need for you to see the body, as you already designed your preset while having the body selected instead of the piercings. You don't even have to open the preview window for the piercings.

Actually cell, having the body helps a lot. Its how I and Chrono found a lot of the clipping bugs with the underwear for his mod.

True, but you do that in Outfit Studio, not BodySlide.

(Slider -> Load Slider Preset, then fix clipping or the quality of each slider individually).

So how do i proceed? How to get my custom preset in the preview window, with the piercings?

You select it in the list and build it. :P

Your preset has to be saved under the "CBBE" group in order to appear on all CBBE or unassigned outfits/sets.

There's no need for you to see the body, as you already designed your preset while having the body selected instead of the piercings. You don't even have to open the preview window for the piercings.

Actually cell, having the body helps a lot. Its how I and Chrono found a lot of the clipping bugs with the underwear for his mod.

True, but you do that in Outfit Studio, not BodySlide.

(Slider -> Load Slider Preset, then fix clipping or the quality of each slider individually).

Thank you it works..... :)

After having played with making moddable clothings it's time for a little interim report. Fallout 4 offers much more versatile tools than Skyrim. Things that were pretty complicated before are now much easier to accomplish. E.g. for Devious Devices I once tried to implement growing clothes, that change their appearance over time. I gave up because it was much to complicated and tendiould to do in Skyrim, in Fallout 4 this will be a piece of cake to implement. However for skinned meshes there are limitations on what can be done (weapon modding is much much more flexible than armor modding).

Basically there are three methods you can implement armor mods:

1. Use connection points (Most flexible, but will not work for skinned meshes. Can be used for head gear)
  2. Have several armor addons for an armor and dynamically switch between them (That's what I used for the accessoirs)
  3. Swap material definitions (the bgsm files, similar to TextureSets in Skrim, but better). (That's what I used for the material mods)

The last method can be creatively used to emulate the flexibility of connection points to some extend. Just have everything in one nif, with the standard material rendering the shapes invisible (each moddable shape needs it's own material file). When you want to enable a shape, just swap its material with one that makes it visible (That's how I implemented the nipple chain).

Question to the pros: How much performance loss do I get when I have a lot of shapes in a nif that are all invisible (Do I get one at all)?

Edit: See post #15

Any chance you can add the legendary option to them... would love to have some nipple piercings that would allow me to run faster :rolleyes:

Yeah they work great and mod correctly at the armor station.

Next up Naval and Labia bits PLEASE!!!

Will add assets for other body parts when I am done with the experimenting phase.

On vertex count and rendering invisible items.

The amount is very little if the vertex/poly count is low (say less then 1000 vertices).

The larger the mesh, the more the gpu has to render then dump (as its not shown in the final frame).

I think someone tested different vertex counts rendering options with skyrim a year or two ago and found out that if you replace all the vanilla characters with higher poly/vertex versions your frame rate may suffer about 1 to 2 fps when you have say 30 females on screen at once (and thats like going from vanilla to UNPSK which is 15k vertices).

To be honest the only time you gpu will render that item is when it is on a npc that is in frame or is on your player and you are in third person. And judging how FO4 takes a very very small framerate hit (barely noticeable for me and I only have a AMD R7 265 gpu) when going from vanilla to FO4 cbbe (22k vertices). Your idea of having the meshes in the nif and then swap'n the material file in game to show the hidden items is not a bad idea.

• Use connection points (Most flexible, but will not work for skinned meshes. Can be used for head gear)

I was (fortunately) so wrong. I think I got connection points working now with skinned meshes. You need to have a "BSConnectionPoint::Parents" node in the armor nif. Only one connection point is needed as you can attach multiple children to one point and the scale/rotation/translation is apparently ignored (at least with skinned meshes).

In the individual modification nifs you need to have a corresponding "BSConnectionPoint::Children" node. Then you specify the nifs directly in the OMOD record. The meshes are shown when the modifications are attached to the armor and they are connected to the bones! As an additional bonus the scaling problem I mentioned as second known issue is gone! No need to have invisible meshes in the nif, you can combine several skinned meshes with this method without wasting any body slot or any other disadvantages (so far).

For the future of this mod this means that I can easily implement individual mod slots for the left and right nipple, and you can combine different accessoir without me jumping through hoops to make it possible. Also others can very easily add their own assets as modifications. I can easily implement mod slots for other body parts ONLY USING A SINGLE BODY SLOT. Just imagine what that e.g. means for a future Devious Device implementation. You don't need to waste those rare body slots (now much rarer than in Skyrim) on plugs, they are just mod slots in your belt.

Need to experiment more now to confirm what I just said. Would be such a shame if I got something wrong.

May I request a version with large rings, and also the ability to hive only one piercing, or two of a different type equipped?

New assets will only be added after I am done with the experimenting phase. The more assets the harder it is to change course in the middle of modding (I already have too much assets).

For the next version I will concentrate on getting the connection point stuff to work, so that the piercings on the left and right nipple can be configured independently.

Cool, piercings for FO4, but... I can't see the chain ingame, in bodyslide there it is, but when adding it to the piercing in the workbench... nothing. any clues?

Dunno. Next version will be a complete overhaul, so it makes no sense to search for the cause of the problem now when everything will be different in the next version.

Connection points work now with skinned meshes. I have completely independent mesh and material slots for left and right nipples (and a separate slot for the chain). In total there are 7 mod slots. This means currently more than 60 possible combinations of left/right piercings and materials.

post-233525-0-82636500-1452210066_thumb.jpg post-233525-0-93876800-1452210065_thumb.jpg

The question is how to proceed with piercings for other body parts. There are two options:
  1. Add more slots for naval/labia/... piercings to the current armor object.
  • Advantage: I only need a single body slot.
  • Disadvantage: The mod menu gets really crowded.
  1. Separate armor objects for other piercings.
    • Advantage: Mod menu is not crowded.
    • Disadvantage: I need more than one body slot.

The body slot question is actually a very important issue to discuss. With Fallout 4 we only have 5-6 unused slots, and maybe 2-3 more we can re-purpose. That's much fewer than we could use for our, let's call them "special", devices in Skyrim.

To make the best of the few available resources and avoid any incompatibilities between different outfits, we need to come to an agreement among mod authors as soon as possible. And we should use mod slots as often as possible. For example, it would make sense to use only one body slot for underwear, have a single underwear armor objects for the player to equip which has slots for pantys, bras, socks, ....  And mod authors can bring their underwear creations into Fallout in form of modifications for that underwear object. Would save resources and facilitate compatibility between different mods.

can you make some bells to use with rings

thanks much

regards

Do you mean piercings with bells?

New version is up. This time with completely independent mesh and material slots for left and right nipple :D.

For now I don't require any components for piercings and mods. Also there are no mod objects in the inventory. Have to figure out an immersive method of determining the crafting costs firt. Any ideas anyone?

I got the newest version, and tried it out. The chain follows the curve of the breast closely, until it nearly touches the area between the breasts, then curves back around the other breast. Is there any way this could at least be improved to be less noticeable?

Thanks

I got the newest version, and tried it out. The chain follows the curve of the breast closely, until it nearly touches the area between the breasts, then curves back around the other breast. Is there any way this could at least be improved to be less noticeable?

Thanks

The chain itself is correct (it is even physically correct to 99%). What you see is caused by two things: Bad weight painting and distortions due to imperfect bodyslide sliders.

To correct the first one I am lacking the tools right now (and experience). And to correct the second one takes way too much effort which I cannot affort.